• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 3 days, 15 hours, 28 minutes, 32 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Fire breaks out at Notre Dame cathedral, developing situation [Update: major structural collapse - Art and other Assets Saved] (See Staff Post)

Honolulu Blue

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell imagine being responsible for that.

Was there last year. Paris gets a bad rep but it’s a beautiful city and Notre Dame is stunning. Hopefully it’s salvageable.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, hopefully they can save the structure, it would be horrible to lose this historical architectural piece.

Birdseye

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
$5 says whatever caused it was the stupidest and most avoidable thing ever.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Judge Frollo is at it again.

But seriously, i hope they can put it out with minimum damage to the building and the populace.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
That is awful. I was just there a few years ago and the Notre Dame is an absolute historical treasure.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That building is one of Europe's most stunning and enduring architectural works. :(

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it won't destroy the building that much but from the few twitter videos the fire is spreading really quick which is pretty bad.