• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
hopefully it doesn't turn out too bad. i hate it when classic architecture gets destroyed, these are our legacy.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Looks really bad and considering the speed it seems to have worsened I guess the damage is going to be absolutely horrific. Been there a couple of times as has anybody who has ever visited Paris. Really sad to see.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
D4NfXUCXoAQNuFg.png

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would hope the fact it's built from stone would help present the architecture, at least, even if a lot of the adornments are destroyed.

But damn that's a big fire.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
That fire honestly looks like it's pretty out of control, and I wouldn't be surprised if the entire roof is a total loss.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
F6kP.gif

a8ba5697994e6eb8c0bcd998629c9b1b10c1bae1_hq.gif

In all seriousness, this is one of Europe's most lasting, impressive, and awe-inspiring triumphs and I REALLY hope the damage is as minimal as possible. It's SUCH a beautiful building with centuries of history, art, and culture. This sucks, so I hope it pulls through with minimal destruction.

Oct 27, 2017
The structure should be fine, no? Obviously internal features made of wood will be gone, as well as paintings and decorations, but the stone structure should still be sound, correct?

Oct 27, 2017
He's about to have the biggest speech of his run, and well, he's not really the biggest news suddenly!

That fire looks huge, we're going to lose a part of the oldest thing in paris, for sure.
Are you serious? Do you really think he'd care more about a speech than the safety of people and loss of important cultural property?

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Awful. Selfishly I am really really sad I did not get to see it. We are going to Paris in a few weeks and it was top 2 or 3 things on our list to do. I feel awful for Paris as a city to lose such a treasure.

Sparkedglory2

Nov 3, 2017
Hopefully it doesn't get too bad, we don't need to lose something so significant.

Edit: and I would NOT want to be the person responsible, could you even imagine? Jesus.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's a really stupid question. Fire, ultimately, wouldn't do that much structural damage to a building primarily made out of masonry, would it?

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I visited last September and was in awe by the building. Shame that it caught fire. Hope that it won't completely go.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
This is awful. Hopefully the fire can be put out and the cathedral can be properly restored