• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dirigibleduck

Jul 27, 2023
This is all definitely possible

Yeah, the rumors go back pretty far, so I expect at least some of them were fake even if later rumors end up being true.

As for Engage, I understand why they thought that even if I didn't think it would work.

Engage is basically an attempt to recreate Awakening, which was also a greatest hits fanservice game. Engage is a lot more blatant about it, but still.
Anyway, I don't think many of the common things people like to say made Awakening a success are the main cause, so I'm not surprised doubling down on that backfired.

Engage is full of nostalgia for a bunch of games in the series that gamers in the West haven't played (including FE4). I've been a FE fan since Sacred Stones and I'm a bit tired of FE leaning on meta-references and Marth in particular, so it would be nice if the next FE game is strong enough to stand on its own.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Engage is full of nostalgia for a bunch of games in the series that gamers in the West haven't played (including FE4). I've been a FE fan since Sacred Stones and I'm a bit tired of FE leaning on meta-references and Marth in particular, so it would be nice if the next FE game is strong enough to stand on its own.

My top two FE games haven't been released in the west, but I never really feel like I'm being catered to, haha. They're never giving FE6 and FE5 the love they show Marth.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
People keep saying this and it simply isn't true. Engage featured 12 lords

Marth's original NES game and it's remake have both been officially localized, he also featured in the Warriors cross over and is a Smash icon.

Celica is based upon the remake which was localized, she also featured in the Warriors crossover.

Sigurd and Lief I agree their games haven't been localized, so the only place western audiences can officially know about them is Heroes.

Roy's game also hasn't been localized, but even if it was, 90% of people would be more nostalgic for him from Smash then from FE6.

Literally every other lord in the game comes from a localized title.

So at worst 25% of the base roster is lords people potentially aren't familiar with from titles not localized, and that's arguing people don't know Roy, which is an absurd argument. Then you consider all 7 dlc lords are from localized games, and the amount of nostalgia for games not localized plummets even further.