Fire Emblem Community | Anime Game Of Thrones

NSESN

Oct 25, 2017
They are obviously making Advance Wars switch, Pushmo Universe and Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door 2

Caz

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Are we thinking we'll get another Fire Emblem on the Switch? There's usually at least 2-3 years between mainline entires right?
I'd wager we're getting at least two more; Three Billboards on Tellius was practically screaming "this will be the template for a Seisen remake!" at times, plus we normally get two original games per console at minimum. The only exceptions to this, at least for consoles that received a Fire Emblem game (see: not the N64, Game Boy Color unless you count that unofficial bootleg on the GBC) were the Gamecube (Path of Radiance), Wii (Radiant Dawn) DS (both remakes) and Wii U (do we count #FE?). Given Fire Emblem's current success, the Switch being as hot a console as it is, Three Little Pigs' making record sales and the lack of another console for Intelligent Systems to develop for (Three Houses did start out on the 3DS, after all), I doubt we're going to see a repeat of the 00s console era.

Also, we do now that Intelligent Systems normally works on, like, several projects at once, right? That's part of the reason why we got Shadows of Valentia so soon after Fates. I'll see you all once I finish my Three Houses review the trailer for Shadows of Yikes: The Game drops.

Caz

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Source for that?
Iirc IS started a game for 3DS but it was on the 3DS engine and it was cancelled by Nintendo
Using Google Translate so I may be misunderstanding it/GT might have mistranslated the article but here: https://www.4gamer.net/games/423/G042326/20190716108/
4Gamer: When did the project start?

Yokota: It's difficult to tell when it started, but I was thinking about the new project itself before the development of "FE Echoes".

4Gamer: At that point, was the next story about Nintendo Switch?

Yokota: The first plan was for Nintendo 3DS. After that, I decided to make "FE Echoes" with 3DS, and was temporarily put on hold. At the timing when the development of "FE Echoes" reached the middle stage, I moved on to planning again. It is a flow. It was around the time of the release of “FE Echoes” that the team was organized and started production.
As I understand it, the main reason they stopped development for Three Houses on the 3DS was because of Shadows of Valentia. It sounds like it was pretty early on given he can't recall exactly when (there's another interview where he says it was right after Fates was finished), but I digress.

NSESN

Oct 25, 2017
Using Google Translate so I may be misunderstanding it/GT might have mistranslated the article but here: https://www.4gamer.net/games/423/G042326/20190716108/

As I understand it, the main reason they stopped development for Three Houses on the 3DS was because of Shadows of Valentia. It sounds like it was pretty early on given he can't recall exactly when (there's another interview where he says it was right after Fates was finished), but I digress.
They say plan tho, planning and development arent exactly the same thing.

Linkark07

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm, I downloaded the Fates gay patch, and I absolutely love it. Can finally marry Oboro and Severa with female Corrin.

Anyways, despite the new supports, I was surprised Gunter and Reina don't have a support convo.

How would you guys write one for those two? I tried going with how Gunter raised Corrin and acted as a substitute parent, but I dunno... Not entirely convinced.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
so premium arrange 2 soundtrack was listed.

Yumi Kawamura is singing my favorite fire emblem map theme and least favorite map theme. How did they know (its disturbance/uprising in agustria and beyond the sky - even though i actually like the smash version ... just hate the gba version with a passion).

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Question regarding Fire Emblem Warriors

How do exactly weapons work? Like I k ow that there are clasiffied according to their ranks, but I dont know of I have to make my characters use the best weapon possible according to its rank, or if I just have to stick with the personal weapons (which seems to have more slots than regular weapons)

GeekyDad

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Went back to Echoes the other day. It's been, I think, over a year since I almost finished the game. Restarted from scratch, and I must say, though I still have trouble with all the missing things in this game that I generally love about Fire Emblem games, the dialogue and characters (though not amazing) are a breath of fresh air again after recalling Fates and even Awakening. Plus, I forgot how little it wastes time in terms of moving you along -- no massive cutscenes, etc. Will try my hardest (again) to reconcile the gameplay differences and actually try to finish it this time. :P

GeekyDad

Nov 11, 2017
USA
And don't get me wrong, the other two aren't my favorites. I think I still prefer the two GBA games, and heck, even the remake on DS, Shadow Dragon, is one of my favorites (which I know I'm very much alone in that). I loved Awakening because of how it refreshed the franchise, but the things I miss most of all in Echoes are the things like weapons triangle and wear. But again, it's still a fun game in its own way.

NeonZ

Oct 28, 2017
How do exactly weapons work? Like I k ow that there are clasiffied according to their ranks, but I dont know of I have to make my characters use the best weapon possible according to its rank, or if I just have to stick with the personal weapons (which seems to have more slots than regular weapons)
You'll always want to use weapons from the strongest type you have access to (Hero > Brave > Silver > Steel > Iron > Bronze, the stars just increase their power within the same level, so a 5 star bronze is still weaker than iron with no stars). The power difference is too big to make up for it with skills.

As far as the personal weapons go, later on you unlock skills which allow you to increase their power to the level of brave weapons after defeating a certain number of enemies, and if you have the DLC they can go even further beyond, becoming stronger than even the Hero weapons).

Mar-Mar

Oct 30, 2017
Germany
I figured people in here might be interested to hear that Berwick Saga (from the creator of our lovely FE franchise) has been translated. I made a thread about this, but it's easy to miss and the game deserves some attention!

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
It took me like a whole year, but I finished FE Revelation. It's seriously so bad. I was on board with the hit-or-miss map design in the first half, but in the second half they completely gave up. I also was expecting a complete mess of a story, like Conquest, which I find fun, but there was nothing to Revelation, I don't even know what was Ananko's deal...

I still think Birthright is my least favourite FE game because it was a massive dissapointment and it's the blandest experience I got out of this franchise, but Revelation for sure is a close second... What a cashgrab.

Caz

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So...the series 30th is coming up soon and Nintendo has been mum on that which is understandable given the current global pandemic.

Does anyone expect them to announce anything other than a logo prior to the 20th?

NSESN

Oct 25, 2017
Wait Fire Emblem anniversary is the same day as Hitler's and the same day as weed day? I swear april 20th is the most prolific day of the year.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously answering this post-Direct, but I doubt we see anything on a new Fire Emblem entry until E3 at the earliest (assuming Nintendo does a Direct around then without E3), or maybe in a Fall Direct.

And that's assuming they were working on another Echoes title simultaneously or something. If not, probably not until next year or later. The anniversary's nice and all, but companies don't typically plan around anniversaries unless it just happens to coincide. Hopefully we get another Echoes title on the way sooner than later though!

Last edited: