• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Intelligent Systems has announced the most Fire Emblem feature yet for Fire Emblem Heroes.

Highlights:
  • Fire Emblem Heroes is adding a new mode called "Forging Bonds", as represented by a heart icon.
  • It's for """becoming friends""" with a select set of characters (four per Forging Bonds event).
  • You fight battles where you collect colored hearts (there are four colors, one for each character in the event).
  • As you collect these hearts, you unlock more and more conversations with the corresponding characters "where they'll talk to you about how they're feeling" and "get closer and closer to you", along with a bunch of additional rewards like feathers, orbs, and cosmetic accessories.
  • If you get close to all the characters, there's special foursome conversations including all of the event characters.
  • Wearing specific cosmetics boosts the rate at which you gain hearts.
  • The first set of four characters are the three women Chrom can marry sans Robin (Olivia, Maribelle, Sumia) and Libra. The event starts July 23rd.
  • Edit: I don't think you need any of the characters to do this event, to note.
This should skip to the right part:

Some images for those who can't watch:

forgingbonds2oreb9.png

forgingbonds1s8c72.png

actualimagedffni.png

Last edited:

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I need to ask one thing
I always suspect the app sometimes to, when we have a new banner, give us a free 5* from the banner.
I just had Maribelle with my free summon.

Anyone else?

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Not that rant again...
Seriously im sick of you complaining about waifus when you didn't touched FE Valentia.
To be fair, most people know SoV was a remake and never had that stuff in the first place, and is probably assumed to be the exception rather than the norm. More than likely new games will keep doing this stuff. We don't know for sure about Three Houses yet, but I bet it will.

I say this as someone that holds SoV near my personal top games in the series.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I guess it's a new game mode, but I don't really get it.
And since the game already has allies supports it feels a little redundant.
I guess the extra cutscenes can be... fun?
I need to ask one thing
I always suspect the app sometimes to, when we have a new banner, give us a free 5* from the banner.

Anyone else?
I just get unrelated 5 star pulls and eventually get them 6 months down the line as other unrelated 5 star pulls
(except the summer banner gave me two camillas as the first two pulls somehow)

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Waifu Emblem is here!

I say this but I'm fighting the temptation to redownload this just for Lyn as we speak

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess it's a new game mode, but I don't really get it.
And since the game already has allies supports it feels a little redundant.
I guess the extra cutscenes can be... fun?
These are supposed to be more like progressive romance cutscenes with the characters in the event instead of just the level 40 support conversations, hence the hearts and starting off with Chrom's romance options.

There's only four characters so they can have a lot of them.

Deleted member 41271

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 21, 2018
That owl.

So, Fire Emblem is a dating sim now? Huh.

Last time I played it, it was a hardcore permadeath strategy RPG!

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What are people complaining about? There have been support conversations for decades, and a big reward is them talking to each other instead of just you.

If it's handled well it'll be kind of nice to let some actual character traits shine through in a gacha game outside their ten or so canned lines while they're on your team.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
What are people complaining about? There have been support conversations for decades, and a big reward is them talking to each other instead of just you.

If it's handled well it'll be kind of nice to let some actual character traits shine through in a gacha game outside their ten or so canned lines while they're on your team.
b-but my dating sim complaints

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol people in here are overreacting. We have no idea what the actual conversions are like. They're probably just actual support conversations, you known, the thing that has been in the franchise since almost the beginning?

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
I... don't think the supports will be that romantic in nature. Oh there will be teases and overtures sure, but nothing explicit beyond what we already have for the 5* Level 40 conversations. Pretty sure this is more for getting attached to characters for people who haven't played the main games so that they have more reasons to pull for them.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
We had sexual characterisation in Radiant Dawn but it's IKE games so no it's Awakening fault.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yup, I'm done with FE.

The series now has far more players and fans, and is making far more money, than it ever has before. I think it'll endure losing a few fans who pine for 1990s FE :)

Brb, double SP day. Need to level up some characters.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol people in here are overreacting. We have no idea what the actual conversions are like. They're probably just actual support conversations, you known, the thing that has been in the franchise since almost the beginning?

Bruh I dunno, it must spicy if Mr.Owl is in front of the text, who would censor a friendly convo?

Such Sauce is unheard of in a strategy game

"Jk obviously but some people cant tell so..."]

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ... How this franchise has fallen...

Support conversations aren't a new thing to the series. It's about time they actually had the characters interact with each other. The few times it's happened (e.g. the Xander/Seth conversation, short as it was) has been a highlight. It's about time they had more of these interactions.

Actually I think you don't need any of them, but I could be wrong.

I think this is the case. They specifically showed Anna and Sharena earning points for one of the other characters in the demonstration trailer.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I never said FE will die because I'm out, lol.

You're out for wrong reasons.
Fates Conquest was one of the best map strategy campain of the whole saga.
IS still knows to make good FE.
If you don't want support. Don't do it.
If you don't want boobs characters, don't recruit her or made her kill on the battlefield.

Come on guys -_-

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I loved Shadows of Valentia, they should experiment with spin-off games with lesser budgets but less pandering and with a more focused scope. It could work very well, I think.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People talking to each other? ABSURD! This has not happened before in a series I almost killed once already.

It didnt even look so bad as Fates

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Actually I think you don't need any of them, but I could be wrong.

You don't need any, and they don't appear to give any boosted performance in the event. It's simply a way for people to get to know the new characters so they might feel more inclined to pull for them.

I dont really understand then. If the only characters that can do this right now are the ones in the new banner, wouldnt you need them to hear their conversations?

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I dont really understand then. If the only characters that can do this right now are the ones in the new banner, wouldnt you need them to hear their conversations?
You collect orbs for the characters, but it seems to just be for a progression track. You can collect the orbs with any hero.

Deleted member 5167

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need to ask one thing

Anyone else?

No, but thats pobably because im only pulling reds because i dont want another healer, especially one that puts triangle adept on anyone nearby, but another flying dancer is gonna be super useful

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
No, but thats pobably because im only pulling reds because i dont want another healer, especially one that puts triangle adept on anyone nearby, but another flying dancer is gonna be super useful

If i understood it right, that could be a pretty nasty effect, since it works together with Cancel Affinity. Basically, apply Maribelle's status effect on a red unit and have a green unit with Cancel Affinity attack the red unit. Normally it's Red > Green, but in this case the green unit actually beats the red unit due to the WTA being reversed.

With her weapon status effect you can pretty much imitate a reaver weapon. ^^

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
If i understood it right, that could be a pretty nasty effect, since it works together with Cancel Affinity. Basically, apply Maribelle's status effect on a red unit and have a green unit with Cancel Affinity attack the red unit. Normally it's Red > Green, but in this case the green unit actually beats the red unit due to the WTA being reversed.

WTA doesnt reverse with cancel affinity, it gets canceled. Its as if two colorless units were fighting.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Wait really? I was wrong all this time...

I feel you, took sometime until i really got to know that skill. But boy, Maribelles status effect could be really evil on arena defense teams, either you amplify the damage that your unit with WTA bonus does, or your build a team upon CA3 and catch nearly everyone off-guard.

Not to mention that she can run a semi Wrathful Dazzling build, even with her default weapon. Savage Blow C-skill and seal, amplify WTA and 14 dmg to all surrounding enemies without counterattack.

Deleted member 5167

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Then it might not be as situational as I first thought, but a flying dancer that gives a flat +3 to all of a units stats just by dancing it is still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more generally useful.