• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eternal Song

Oct 31, 2017
Any of you people not voting for Oliver should be ashamed of yourselves.
I know no shame. The Book III video taught me that we need a CYL Sharena. Oliver is not my secondary choice.

That's a weird and wrong assumption to make.

At least 2nd place female is a free for all.
No, I fully expect Edelgard, Claude, and Dimitri to all win this year. But I'd rather see the unexpected.

To be fair, non-leader house members do seem to be popular, so that does dilute the Three Houses vote more than one might expect. There's no telling what effect this actually has here, but it is possible this increases the chances for other contenders.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, non-leader house members do seem to be popular, so that does dilute the Three Houses vote more than one might expect. There's no telling what effect this actually has here, but it is possible this increases the chances for other contenders.
That would matter a lot more if the heavy hitters from previous games were still eligible....but aside from Marth and Eirika they're all already gone.

Eternal Song

Oct 31, 2017
That would matter a lot more if the heavy hitters from previous games were still eligible....but aside from Marth and Eirika they're all already gone.
True, there aren't as many of the strongest contenders remaining. The point, though, is that we really do not know what the Three Houses cast is going to do here. If they split the vote enough, it gives the slightly less popular choices a better chance.
At the same time, of course, it is likely we get Three Houses characters.

Y'all deserting Anna like this is breaking my heart.
I'm actually quite likely to include some votes for Anna. Chances are she remains my second choice this year.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Three Houses means Marth probably won't win this year (Claude and Dimitri will be 1 and 2 no doubt) but all the other popular TH characters are female. If you favor a non-TH female hero, good luck for the next few years. Edelgard, Sothis, basically all the female students, Rhea, etc are going to vacuum up votes for eternity.

Maybe they split the vote though because waifu wars and someone else sneaks in.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
No, I fully expect Edelgard, Claude, and Dimitri to all win this year. But I'd rather see the unexpected.
I think people overestimate the 3H fanbase who also play FEH and underestimate the rest of the fanbases. Marth got 3rd place twice and only got snubbed in 2018 because his votes were split. Veronica, an original FEH character, beat both Camilla and Eirika.

Edelgard, Claude and Dimitri also got represented in FEH recently, so there may not be as much rallying behind them, especially when the votes get fractured between them and Byleth.

May 18, 2018
So from looking around FE TH social media and boards, Im guessing these are the most popular(At least in the West):
Dimitri, Claude, Edelgard(Controversial), Bernadetta, Dorothea, Petra, Ferdinand, Felix, Sylvain, Lysithea, Hilda, Marianne , and Shamir.

I'm sure Eirka and Marth are gonna be in top 10's but will lose again this year.

I fully expect for Dimitri and Claude for 1st & 2nd for males, though it would be cool to see Claude nab 1st. For females, Edelgard most likely would be number 1, but she is very controversial so she might get kicked out of that spot. 2nd is definitely a free for all, I expect either Hilda or Lysithea to take that spot.

Chaofahn

Nov 16, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
That my waifu Annette is not popular in general breaks my heart. 💔

Still - Blue Lions forever, and imma throw all my votes at Dimitri.

Currently going through a second play through with the Golden Deer and save for Claude (and surprisingly Lorenz), the Golden crew haven't been as endearing as the Blue Lions.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
CYL is always fun, I like to use it as feedback for characters I want added, rather than looking for alts.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I should vote for Kiria cause she's best girl or Tsubasa cause that's where the majority of the TMS votes are gonna go.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Voted for Plumeria twice. Might as well go with her for the rest of the way even though it'll be pointless in the long run considering 3H is gonna blast through everything in this one.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Voted for El 2 days in a row but I'm splitting votes between the school arc and war arc versions. It doesn't matter which one wins to me

Eternal Song

Oct 31, 2017
All the Annas are counted as different characters.

Even if you like Anna, voting for her is an actual waste of a vote until they change that to all Annas counting towards the same character.
Well, this puts a damper on my Anna considerations. I think everyone should rally behind Heroes Anna.

And Sharena. She needs rallying as well.
Voted for Plumeria twice. Might as well go with her for the rest of the way even though it'll be pointless in the long run considering 3H is gonna blast through everything in this one.
As someone who hasn't begun Book IV yet, I am curious as to if there is some reason you chose her. Maybe it's something I need to see for myself, though.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Alternating Marianne and Claude. Might shift over to just Marianne at a point though.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Wait why are some of the options for characters of games not released outside of Japan? Those guys don't stand a chance against anything else, so why bother?

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait why are some of the options for characters of games not released outside of Japan? Those guys don't stand a chance against anything else, so why bother?

Sometimes, voting isn't about thinking your choice will win. It's about sending a message that you support them.

unknown.png

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Because the vote is for the entire franchise. Whether or not the Japan-only game characters stand a chance of winning is beside the point. And Heroes is actually giving some of these characters a popularity boost. Several Japan-only characters made it into the top twenty last year.

Eternal Song

Oct 31, 2017
I'd think they deserve to be available for consideration because they are characters in games in the franchise. It wouldn't be fair to them to measure how tall they are before allowing them on the horse. That image for Finn posted above? I love Finn, and I've never even played Thracia. I might be voting for him if I weren't limiting my number of choices.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'd think they deserve to be available for consideration because they are characters in games in the franchise. It wouldn't be fair to them to measure how tall they are before allowing them on the horse. That image for Finn posted above? I love Finn, and I've never even played Thracia. I might be voting for him if I weren't limiting my number of choices.
I always make it a point to throw at least one vote in for Deirdre. She deserves it.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Because the vote is for the entire franchise. Whether or not the Japan-only game characters stand a chance of winning is beside the point. And Heroes is actually giving some of these characters a popularity boost. Several Japan-only characters made it into the top twenty last year.
Didn't Reinhardt make it near the top lol

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Lysithia over Dorothea and Bernadetta wasn't something I expected.

And Itsuki is (barely) in the top 20 males! Higher then I expected any TMS character to place.