• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
You may notice that more games than ever are doing time limited Halloween events.

Well, I thought it would be fun to look at just how much something like this can increase revenue, and thought Fire Emblem Heroes would be a nice example, even for a Japanese game in the US.

You can debate whether this is more due to Nowi or Jacob.

Top chart: https://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/t...pe=desc&order_by=sort_order&table_selections=

fireemblemgrossingdikaf.png

The banner: https://serenesforest.net/2017/10/27/heroes-halloween-banner-units-revealed/

1oljmhnjzrlxqlu0x2ch0k7jip.png

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that the 2 previous banners both took them to ios Japan #5, but its only #8 now.

Eliseo

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think they will do collabs with other games? Like having Link or Sulk in FEH would be nice.

DooD1234

Oct 26, 2017
According to this game's Reddit, there a guy who love his Sakura so he blew near $2000 to get like maybe 44 of her. So yeah.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Worth posting here too, but Fire Emblem Heroes has been bigger outside of Japan for so.e time now.
Screenshot_20171031-094042.png

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't the Halloween characters already in the game? Also, Halloween is more of an american thing even though it keeps getting bigger in Japan.
Huh? It just released today. How is Halloween in more rural Japan? The big cities seem to blow up with it and every gacha game celebrates it.
I bet they are taking notes for Animal Crossing
ACPC is very different; anyone expecting FEH numbers will be disappointed.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Huh? It just released today. How is Halloween in more rural Japan? The big cities seem to blow up with it and every gacha game celebrates it.ACPC is very different; anyone expecting FEH numbers will be disappointed.

All the halloween characters are already in game in other forms. They're not brand new to heroes.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Fire Emblem Switch has been funded this game is funding

Fire Emblem Echoes: Genealogy of the Holy War (I wish)

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting; I never spent any money on FEH, but glad to here it's still popular.

Also, Pokemon GO still going strong! I only spent 99 cents out-of-pocket on that one, but every time I hit a dollar on the Google Survey app I roll it over into more PokeCoins...

You can debate whether this is more due to Nowi or Jacob.
Oh god, please be Jacob.

I still don't think people will be whaling in AC like they do in FEH...
You grossly underestimate the hold Animal Crossing has on people, lol.

Rainrir

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sakuraman responsible for 50% of that increased spending....

MidiPour

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
On the Sigurd banner, I spent 175 orbs for either Sigurd or a Deirdre. Got neither of the focus units, just a 5 star Tharja, which I already had a 4 star with a few abilities skill inherited already.

I then went on to spend ~160 orbs, and it took around a 100 orbs to get the original Jakob... And then I got a focus Henry soon after, then focus Nowi, and by the end a focus Jakob. I'm happy my luck has finally turned around, as a f2p user (sans spending $20 at the very start), it can be very frustrating when you save up orbs for a long time out of apprehension, and end up getting none of the units you were pulling for. I was really close in deleting the app after nearly spending 100 orbs on Trick or Defeat.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
It won't do as well, it will have more downloads and favorable ratings but its not aggressively monetized.
This kind of game also takes a while to monetize as people gave to make it to the point where resource requirements are high and building times take forever.

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem Switch has been funded this game is funding

Fire Emblem Echoes: Genealogy of the Holy War (I wish)

I will shit myself for weeks the day FE4 remake gets announced.
so never

Also, I randomly got Sakura and she's shit, dunno why everyone is so excited. Like, yeah, she's cute, but she should be cute AND useful >:(

I will shit myself for weeks the day FE4 remake gets announced.
so never

Also, I randomly got Sakura and she's shit, dunno why everyone is so excited. Like, yeah, she's cute, but she should be cute AND useful >:(
She is the first unit with some kind of outright tome-killing ability, so there is some utility there. Kagero is good at that herself, but she's limited to infantry units, so Sakura does have an important leg up on a lot of Horse Emblem builds that feature the likes of Reinhart. And if anything, it does likely mean that tome-killing is going to be a thing in the future of the game, so getting a leg in the door already will help shape the meta.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even that big an FE fan and I still play this every day, get hyped for banners etc. Pretty much purely on the merits of its gameplay. I mean I don't care for Henry at all but I have a deep thirst for armor march.