• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Things i don't enjoy: Limited turn maps with stupid high stat buffed enemies. Or: I fucking hate the new Squad Assault.

Map 4 is one stupid shit, not funny. You have a blue armor that just survived anything, special proccing Lancebreaker Reinhardt, fully buffed green Bladetomes. Then if you down this asshat, there's that one colorless rogue that not only survives everything again with just 2 or 3 HP, no that one also revenge kills you on counter due to his special being ready all the time.

There's challenge, and then there's this 4 turn limited piece of shit thing. You can't even effectively use the enemy phase because of their positioning (always eat at least attacks from 2 enemies), no very often one is enough because literally nothing survives their inflated bullshit stats.

For FUCKS sake IS, would you at least have the fucking decency to remove the turn limit on this shit?
Yeah, how dare I not be able to steamroll content with my 2 years or accumulated resources. Pop 1/999 of your stamina pots and clear it your second go.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, how dare I not be able to steamroll content with my 2 years or accumulated resources. Pop 1/999 of your stamina pots and clear it your second go.

Does that stamina pot also rewind the time i've invested in this single map out of 5? The irony is, if you want me to use something else but "LOL REENHARDT 'N DANCURS" how about giving me more than 4 half turns due to the enemy phase being too unsafe to use.

Maybe, just maybe, there's a reason why IS hasn't used that freaking turn limit much since Book 1? Could the reason be the players being annoyed by that?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
So how many heroic ordeal maps have you guys completed? I did all the ones that gave 40 flowers (10 or so), and more or less 20 that give 8 flowers. Thare are just so many maps that it seems it will take forever. In the end, I think it still won't be enough to upgrade my arena team core.

Does that stamina pot also rewind the time i've invested in this single map out of 5? The irony is, if you want me to use something else but "LOL REENHARDT 'N DANCURS" how about giving me more than 4 half turns due to the enemy phase being too unsafe to use.

Maybe, just maybe, there's a reason why IS hasn't used that freaking turn limit much since Book 1? Could the reason be the players being annoyed by that?
I used to try to beat those squad assault maps by myself but like you say, they take too much time and they aren't fun to do. Now I just wait for a F2P video and beat them in one try. I feel much more accomplishment from completing all the chain challenges with 1 or 2 teams by myself.
I play while commuting to work, I don't have time to retry that shit over and over.

Oct 25, 2017
So how many heroic ordeal maps have you guys completed? I did all the ones that gave 40 flowers (10 or so), and more or less 20 that give 8 flowers. Thare are just so many maps that it seems it will take forever. In the end, I think it still won't be enough to upgrade my arena team core.
well considering if you had every single infantry unit, you still wouldnt get enough to max 1 infantry unit. I dont think you will be maxing your arena core yet.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017

It won't. Especially if your Arena core has gen 1 infantry units. They take a whooping 860 Dragonflowers to +10.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
well considering if you had every single infantry unit, you still wouldnt get enough to max 1 infantry unit. I dont think you will be maxing your arena core yet.
It won't. Especially if your Arena core has gen 1 infantry units. They take a whooping 860 Dragonflowers to +10.
My entire arena core is 3 Gen 1 infantry units, lol.
Well, there is no rush. They work just fine with 10 merges and support.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
My entire arena core is 3 Gen 1 infantry units, lol.
Well, there is no rush. They work just fine with 10 merges and support.

Hey, that's only 2580 Dragonflowers you need. And we start with all the infantry units IS added in Book 3 ... Nailah ... oh. You know ... there's new units tomorrow who give 40 Dragonflowers again ... oh they're all either cav or armoured.

We had some discussions on the previous page about earning those flowers, right now it just feels like a nifty idea with a very lackluster implementation. I think IS needs some sort of Hero Merit for them too, just like the one for feathers.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Feels oddly satisfying watching banes just dissappear, started merging non 5 star exclusive units, the rest I am not gonna bother with unless I have an extra copy but I am not gonna activately hunt for merges, that is a slippery slope

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
That Squad Assault actually gave me a bit of trouble, that 4 turn map required a cheese Rein/B!Lyn/x2 Dancer team.

We had some discussions on the previous page about earning those flowers, right now it just feels like a nifty idea with a very lackluster implementation. I think IS needs some sort of Hero Merit for them too, just like the one for feathers.

Hopefully they implement them as rewards in a mode soon, even if it is a drip feed. I excitedly went to level up my Surtr last night and he needs like 800 dragonflowers, lol, forget it. Nvm, you get them in Aether raids, will still take forever though.

Last edited:

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017

I hope you didn't spend thaaaaaaat much time on a 4 turn limit map. Besides, any time spent on your loss contributes to you winning the next time, unless you took nothing from it.

I will say it forever until the end of time, the general FEH player base is shit at strategy. If I can't beat a map in not even 5 min, I'm going to a F2P guide.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they implement them as rewards in a mode soon, even if it is a drip feed. I excitedly went to level up my Surtr last night and he needs like 800 dragonflowers, lol, forget it.

Good news, he just needs 600! I think someone on reddit made some calcs and there's not even enough armor units in the game to actually get the 600 for one of them, Greil and VIke from tomorrow included.

Man, IS can't have it's devs and game designer looked at this and agreed that this was ok.

I hope you didn't spend thaaaaaaat much time on a 4 turn limit map. Besides, any time spent on your loss contributes to you winning the next time, unless you took nothing from it.

I will say it forever until the end of time, the general FEH player base is shit at strategy. If I can't beat a map in not even 5 min, I'm going to a F2P guide.

Enough time for me to complain, plus there's no lesson to be learned for such maps, because in most of the game modes, i don't face 90 HP Wary Fighter armours and am able to use the enemy phase for my advantage.

And guess what, i didn't use a F2P guide, i overpowered Myrrh (+5 and Def boon!) with enough buffs and drives and a backup heal that she was indeed able to (barely) survive the blue armor and the dagger rogue, finishing them off for my other units to clear the rest.

Look and behold, after that map 5 of 5 was done first try, even without any of the lame meta units, simply because there was no turn limit and IS decided not to use one of it's standard abyssal shenanigans.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna agree with Bonejack here, squad assalt could at least have a bookmark feature that lets you continue after the last map you finished.
"You have 999 stamina potions" isn't a good excuse.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Good news, he just needs 600! I think someone on reddit made some calcs and there's not even enough armor units in the game to actually get the 600 for one of them, Greil and VIke from tomorrow included.

Man, IS can't have it's devs and game designer looked at this and agreed that this was ok.

I'm just going to have to take the same approach I took to feathers in the beginning of the game. Nobody expected to +10 a bunch of units off the bat because feathers were scarce and now I've got over 650,000. I think +10 or +5 with dragonflowers (what are we calling this now a +10+5 unit lol?) is just going to be a long road too and you'll have to pick your favorite units to apply it to first.

On that note, are the Tharja or Nino buffs good enough to +10 either? I have all the 4* copies ready to go, just never pulled the trigger. I don't really have a +10 infantry nukes which might be helpful on some of the Abyssal maps. My current +10's are Olivia, Nowi, Fae, Reinhardt

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I pulled a Hector. Took 30 orbs which isn't bad, but my +8 Ares will now be able to DC.

Ares is also eating all my horse dragonflowers.

Def Smoke would be nice, but it's on a really hard to get unit so Ares is probably complete once I kill Hector. Need to harvest his HM first.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
They should be giving dragon flowers as rewards on every mode. But IS really wants us to be playing AR right now.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
On that note, are the Tharja or Nino buffs good enough to +10 either? I have all the 4* copies ready to go, just never pulled the trigger. I don't really have a +10 infantry nukes which might be helpful on some of the Abyssal maps. My current +10's are Olivia, Nowi, Fae, Reinhardt

I think Nino and Tharja (and the Eliwood) got the best refinements in the bunch. Tharja just debuffs anything, even for battles of teammembers. I think due to the guaranteed offense debuff, she's now viable for a CC build. And Nino can now run 3 wave skills and essentially buff herself up every even turn. Eirika sure likes that too. ^^

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, it depends. You need a nuke (as in, you dont have Lewyn/Celica)? Both were very powerful even before the refines.

My nino pre refine could kill even red abyssal units. But that requires buffs of course, you need a team for that.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it depends. You need a nuke (as in, you dont have Lewyn/Celica)? Both were very powerful even before the refines.

My nino pre refine could kill even red abyssal units. But that requires buffs of course, you need a team for that.

I have both a Celica and Lewyn but no merges. Haven't refined Celica and have her and Lewyn just standard kits. Didn't know Celica was a nuke? I knew Lewyn could be powerful.

I'd be more interested in a stand-alone unit that didn't require a whole team built around them. A triple wave Nino does fit the bill there.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Celica refined is amazing. With Fury and her weapon, she hits desperation range after a single attack and will be very very strong with her weapon's brazen atk/spd. She feels like a stronger infantry Reinhardt once she gets going.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like an oversight to lock Nino's prf to 5 star? My 4*+10 Caeda has Wing Sword.

I must have a horseshoe somewhere because my free pull today was my first ever Hector. That makes 3 free 5* on the banner reruns, plus a bunch from the legendary banner (got 2 Lyn, 2 Ryoma, and Laegjarn in 155 orbs).

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
All my best units are infantry. Nino, Eirika, Nowi, A!Tiki, Fae consist of most of my +10 units. The push to upgrade them is going to be a pain.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Seems like an oversight to lock Nino's prf to 5 star? My 4*+10 Caeda has Wing Sword.

I must have a horseshoe somewhere because my free pull today was my first ever Hector. That makes 3 free 5* on the banner reruns, plus a bunch from the legendary banner (got 2 Lyn, 2 Ryoma, and Laegjarn in 155 orbs).
I think refines are always 5* locked. If you want a 4* unit to have their 5* refine, you need to get one unit of that type to 5*, and merge the 5* onto the 4* after they've gotten their prf and/or refine. That's probably how your Ceada got Wing Sword since it too is 5* locked.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Okay that makes sense. Couldn't remember what I did with Caeda.

I have plenty of feathers but don't see the need to spend another 20k on Nino. Do something with merged promotion IS.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have both a Celica and Lewyn but no merges. Haven't refined Celica and have her and Lewyn just standard kits. Didn't know Celica was a nuke? I knew Lewyn could be powerful.

I'd be more interested in a stand-alone unit that didn't require a whole team built around them. A triple wave Nino does fit the bill there.
Well, about Celica, her refined Ragnarok gives her permanent +5 atk/spd (unrefined gives the buff only at 100% hp), brazen atk/spd, so +7 atk/spd when below 80% hp.

Give her fury, desperation and brazen atk/X seal, and she will have +22 atk/+15 spd after a single combat. And thats without any buff

She can obliterate almost anything at this point

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I might be interested in building a +10 Tharja now, but the question is: +atk or spd? I'm curious to see how a CC Vantage build with buff support performs in AR, though I'm afraid it might not be as practical to actually set up in a real match as it is in theory. Basically, I want Tharja to mimic DC Vantage Laevateinn, but if that doesn't pan out then a standard desperation build works for me. I'm guessing +atk for the former build, +spd for the latter?

Last edited:

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing I didn't sacrifice my dancing Ryoma yet. With the inheritance changes, I can eat a 3* Walhart for Chill Def 1 and then inherit Chill Def 3 and his dagger at the same time. One anti-armour Kagero coming right up!

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
It's not possible for Caeda to learn WIng Sword at 4*.

You can merge a 5* into a 4* and it will unlock their 5* weapon. E.G. I have a 4* +10 Chrom, for the last merge I promoted one to 5* and merged it into my 4*+9. It can learn Falchion and refine it. I missed someone already said this but here you go anyway... lol.

Really good update, being able to see assets/flaws is incredible and the merge update is awesome as well. No doubt dragonflowers will become easier to get in the future, probably from Tap Battle/TT/etc. But until then, more of an emphasis on Aether Raids, which is becoming more of a pain in the ass by the day...

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good thing I didn't sacrifice my dancing Ryoma yet. With the inheritance changes, I can eat a 3* Walhart for Chill Def 1 and then inherit Chill Def 3 and his dagger at the same time. One anti-armour Kagero coming right up!

... Inheritance change?

That sounds like a thing you've always been able to do (get a low level skill from one unit and take the higher version from another)

Or was there a change I missed?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
... Inheritance change?

That sounds like a thing you've always been able to do (get a low level skill from one unit and take the higher version from another)

Or was there a change I missed?
The March patch will allow you to inherit 4 skills from a unit instead of 3.

Yeah I should've been more clear, but before the March patch, you would need Chill Def 1 and 2 from 4* Walhart and then inherit Chill Def 3, Sky Maiougi, and Sky Maiougi+ from dancing Ryoma. This is a small change (saving 2000 feathers to promote a 3*), but it's more noticeable on someone like Nailah (DC and Null Disrupt 3) and WTharja (CC and Vengeful Fighter 3). I could've saved myself a Takumi in WTharja's case.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Nino's buff is pretty situational. If you're committed to getting her buffs elsewhere, then it's worthless. On the other hand, with the right C skill/seal she becomes a self-sufficient nuke that can also play support.

That spare -speed Ishtar sitting in my barracks is on borrowed time.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
With the SI change happening, I can now consider who to give other Surtr for now that steady stance 1 fodder isn't needed. My other Surtr is already a book, not even Hel can save him.

The shortlist are these folks:
yS3isFU_d.jpg

Sigurd already has SS4 so ignore him too.

Of them, the two I'm feeling the most are Quan, Leif, Arden. Quan has sturdy stance in A (+4 atk/def when attacked) but since he usually triggers bonfire I'm thinking +8 def and guard effect will be more beneficial to him. Leif runs furysperation and while I like Leif I'm not sure what to do with him; however given his serviceable 33 def SS4 would allow him to function really well in both phases. I find his EP is a little underwhelming, in part because his low HP does not meld well with Fury. Arden is currently using Earth Boost since he's on the shortlist for DC so it was a decent skill but given stacking defense is his thing, SS4 suits his playstyle.

For reference, here are details of my Jugdral Units. Some skills are wrong (Silvia and Lene usually have better seals and Olwen has axe breaker for that guy but usually runs desperation), but I'll link it just the same: http://imgur.com/a/gsnP69K

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You can merge a 5* into a 4* and it will unlock their 5* weapon. E.G. I have a 4* +10 Chrom, for the last merge I promoted one to 5* and merged it into my 4*+9. It can learn Falchion and refine it. I missed someone already said this but here you go anyway... lol.
This is what I do. I have lots of 4+10 chars (with a 5* weapon like you described), but only one 5+10

I don't know how so many posters in this thread seem to have a bunch of 5+10s like they're candy. Doesn't it take 200k feathers for a 5+10?

I know it's pretty "easy" to get feathers for the past year, but still 200k each adds up. How can some of you have armies of 5+10s??

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
This is what I do. I have lots of 4+10 chars (with a 5* weapon like you described), but only one 5+10

I don't know how so many posters in this thread seem to have a bunch of 5+10s like they're candy. Doesn't it take 200k feathers for a 5+10?

I know it's pretty "easy" to get feathers for the past year, but still 200k each adds up. How can some of you have armies of 5+10s??

Rival Domain HM farming can go a long way. If you get your setup perfectly, you can reliably get 15k-25k feathers per night using an auto clicker program. The only limit are your units since HM is capped at 5000.

This is actually a gray area if it's considered cheating by IS's ToS. You're not modifying the game in anyway, no one has been reprimanded for doing it, and it's unclear if IS can determine if you're using a macro (since, again the FEH software is unchanged). There's probably a significant overlap between people who spend money and people who HM farm that IS may also think it's in their best interest to pretend it doesn't happen. Basically, auto HM farm at your own risk.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017

I have 15 units that are +10 merged. 6 of them are 5* exclusive (4 seasonals, 2 legendaries -- two of the seasonals are kind of accidental and were finished while summoning for the legendaries). The other 9 are feather-promoted, and yeah, I have farmed roughly 1,250,000 feathers (every unit I have) aside from the feather rewards from arena and events.

Without HM farming I'd probably still be working on my second arena team. HM farming is basically the only reason this is possible for me.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Rival Domain HM farming can go a long way. If you get your setup perfectly, you can reliably get 15k-25k feathers per night using an auto clicker program. The only limit are your units since HM is capped at 5000.

This is actually a gray area if it's considered cheating by IS's ToS. You're not modifying the game in anyway, no one has been reprimanded for doing it, and it's unclear if IS can determine if you're using a macro (since, again the FEH software is unchanged). There's probably a significant overlap between people who spend money and people who HM farm that IS may also think it's in their best interest to pretend it doesn't happen. Basically, auto HM farm at your own risk.
I've heard about that, but I don't want to do that. Morally I don't care if others do, so I'm not looking down on anyone

For me, I just like looking at stats/metrics when playing video games and knowing what I've done manually playing the game for real. Like how much I've done or how long I've played or what I've grinded, etc

That's why I don't idle in Steam for cards or anything like that, because I like knowing how many hours I've played each game for real

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have 15 units that are +10 merged. 6 of them are 5* exclusive (4 seasonals, 2 legendaries -- two of the seasonals are kind of accidental and were finished while summoning for the legendaries). The other 9 are feather-promoted, and yeah, I have farmed roughly 1,250,000 feathers (every unit I have) aside from the feather rewards from arena and events.

Without HM farming I'd probably still be working on my second arena team. HM farming is basically the only reason this is possible for me.
wait, for the 6 that are exclusive... you mean you manually pulled 10 5* units each for all 6 different chars???

if so that's freakin krazy!!

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I have 2 5*+10 and I think 5 5* +3~+6

We get a lot of feathers, if you focus on just a few units, you can get merged pretty fast.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I haven't +10 anyone yet. My highest are Tailtiu, Arvis, and Ares who are +5, +6,and +8 respectively.

Seliph will be +8 once I merge him up but that's a while longer before that happens.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
wait, for the 6 that are exclusive... you mean you manually pulled 10 5* units each for all 6 different chars???

if so that's freakin krazy!!

Well, keep in mind I'm not F2P, so a lot of those orbs were bought. I whaled specifically for Winter Tharja and Bridal Tharja on their debut banners. Then I also happened to finish Valentine Lilina and Summer Cordelia while summoning for legendaries.

I also try to summon only to achieve specific goals, so I skip the vast majority of banners.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Well, keep in mind I'm not F2P, so a lot of those orbs were bought. I whaled specifically for Winter Tharja and Bridal Tharja on their debut banners. Then I also happened to finish Valentine Lilina and Summer Cordelia while summoning for legendaries.

I also try to summon only to achieve specific goals, so I skip the vast majority of banners.
ah ok, that could make sense

I've actually spent a lot of money in this game since launch too, but I like a whole cast variety of characters so I never focus when summoning. 95% of the time I just pull all colors, so I have a ton of 5* chars but spread out

The highest 5* exclusive character I have just from random pulling is a 5+9 Gunnthra

(the only 5+10 I have is Reinhardt but I specifically used necessary feathers for him)

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how to feel about these dragon flowers. They seem like a huge grind to get, and there are already a ton of things to do daily.

I only have four +10 5* units and I've been playing since launch. ATiki, Effie, Cherche, and Felicia.

It was just a ton of feathers gathered over time. Some by HM farming by autobattling Tempest (I always auto Tempest because I hate grinding that mode) but they're mostly just the feathers from doing arena regularly. I've spent some money on this game but I've never whaled for anyone. In fact, I'm pretty sure none of my bought orbs have ever gotten me anyone I wanted lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.