• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The gap in dragon flower rewards is pretty disappointing. I guess it makes new units constantly more desirable.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
From the feh channel I figured dragonflowers were another thing to steer you towards AR and would be a dripfeed. I think IntSys wants AR to be a high rewards mode--which it already is--so we'll spend orbs (and money) to do well on it. The only other decent source are gen 3 units, and even then it's 40/hero.

I don't think DF adds a whole lot personally; +1 to every stat (+2 if infantry) is nice but like... unnecessary? Idk, I'll funnel them into my favorite units (Arvis and Ares atm) but I'll mostly ignore them.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Did anybody notice that they changed the find your heroes site? Now you have to find Feh instead of the Askr trio. I guess most people were blind like me and couldn't find them in less than 30 seconds.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I forgot to check out the upcoming arena bonus units from the datamine:

mnCz6th.jpg

Can't see myself investing in a Rebecca right now (and I think she'd need a lot of investment to star in arenas), and Oscar is, well, blue. And blue units can have a tough time with the endless stream of green enemies. So, I guess I'm seriously considering Walhart, which would be the first time I build a GHB unit for arena.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I have had good seasons using Alfonse in arena but Walhart hits like a truck too. I already promoted him to 5* a while ago so I should at least get something for my investment.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Why not Titania? Is the ranged horse BST too bad for arena scoring?

Walhart is unironically one of the best axe cavaliers, more so due to lack of competition. His poor speed is really unfortunate, and it's difficult to proc his wolf Berg and give support. He's a fantastic defensive wall, but mages will murder him. Alive.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So I did some tests, and it seems that promoting a non-neutral merged 4* to 5* reverts it back to the flawed state. Was hoping IS would forget about it and let me fix flaws before promoting the unit.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017

Walhart is unironically one of the best axe cavaliers, more so due to lack of competition. His poor speed is really unfortunate, and it's difficult to proc his wolf Berg and give support. He's a fantastic defensive wall, but mages will murder him. Alive.
Ranged horse units have the worst BST. I think only ranged dancers might be worse than them. Duel Skill for horse units don't exist yet, right? Titania would kill my score even with 3 5* fully merged infantry units in the team.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017

Low score, only the option for a single merge, and dealing with blue DC units are my main hangups.

Green seems to be the best choice for bonus units when possible, because most enemies are green or blue, so you'll see fewer matchups that give you a triangle disadvantage.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
that's because it becomes a single non-merged 5* right?

Exactly. I was hoping promotion would carry over its "merged" status. Next thing to test will be to promote my 4*+10 Draug who was merged with a 5 star Draug to inherit Brave Sword+, and see if it negates the flaw, or treats it as an unmerged 5* unit

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about picking this back up, only played a bit shortly after launch.
Not sure if I should continue or reroll, here are my 5* units: green hector, red ike, archer lyn, blue hector (from the free 5*), Blue lucina (free 5*) and green Merric

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Exactly. I was hoping promotion would carry over its "merged" status. Next thing to test will be to promote my 4*+10 Draug who was merged with a 5 star Draug to inherit Brave Sword+, and see if it negates the flaw, or treats it as an unmerged 5* unit
I'm pretty sure that's also going to be treated as an unmerged unit with a Flaw

I wouldn't waste a unit like that just to test, lol

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about picking this back up, only played a bit shortly after launch.
Not sure if I should continue or reroll, here are my 5* units: green hector, red ike, archer lyn, blue hector (from the free 5*), Blue lucina (free 5*) and green Merric
I would say that now it's a great time! We're in the middle of 2nd anniversary and you can get three 5-stars for free(Two seasonals and one of the four units chosen by the community). These units you got now are great! Hector has Distant Counter and still is a good unit. Ike and Lyn will help a lot on clearing the oven content. My recommendation is to clear story mode and keeping your orbs until the end of this month, where we are going to get a Special Hero Fest(Four heroes of each color choosen by the community with a higher summoning rate) and the Legendary banner.

Edit: Also, get Azura from the Hero Shop with Heroic Grails. She's a F2P dancer(and a really good one) and will help you to clear PvE content)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure your Draug will revert to a unmerged 5 star and will return to have a flaw. Until IS fixes the 4*+"X" to 5*, that's how it's going to be.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I would say that now it's a great time! We're in the middle of 2nd anniversary and you can get three 5-stars for free(Two seasonals and one of the four units chosen by the community). These units you got now are great! Hector has Distant Counter and still is a good unit. Ike and Lyn will help a lot on clearing the oven content. My recommendation is to clear story mode and keeping your orbs until the end of this month, where we are going to get a Special Hero Fest(Four heroes of each color choosen by the community with a higher summoning rate) and the Legendary banner.

Edit: Also, get Azura from the Hero Shop with Heroic Grails. She's a F2P dancer(and a really good one) and will help you to clear PvE content)

Sounds good, thanks!

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Has it been confirmed we're getting a hero fest?

I know there's a lot of speculation the 'Find and Vote' banner will be hero fest, but I don't think IS has confirmed that.

Oct 25, 2017
No green orbs, so I went colorless and pulled a 5*... Matthew. Along with the 5* Roy I pulled yesterday, I'm having the wrong kind of good luck!
I won't be pulling any 5*s I WANT for months.

Has it been confirmed we're getting a hero fest?

I know there's a lot of speculation the 'Find and Vote' banner will be hero fest, but I don't think IS has confirmed that.
I haven't seen any confirmation of that either.

Oct 25, 2017

2nd Edit: About that Hero Fest, sorry, I've wronged you. They still haven't released details detailing if is a regular summoning event(With a 3% rate) or a Hero Fest(With 5% rate).

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I gave my first vote to Nailah because Wiseblade sold me on his arguments for her, but then I thought she had no real chance against L!Azura (which I already have, so I don't really need a second one) and went for L!Tiki with the rest of my votes since I skipped this legendary banner due to lack of interest in any other featured unit. L!Azura is gonna win, isn't she?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My first vote was LAzura but all subsequent votes were Lector because I was afraid that guy might win.
You gonna free pull surtr, he is going to be perfect ivs so you will give him a try, he will be fun to use and you will hate yourself for using him
(That happenned to me in his original banner)

Also when I mean fun I mean completely broken a trivializes most of the content

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
You gonna free pull surtr, he is going to be perfect ivs so you will give him a try, he will be fun to use and you will hate yourself for using him
(That happenned to me in his original banner)

Also when I mean fun I mean completely broken a trivializes most of the content

I got Surtr on his debut banner for Steady Stance 4 and he pitybroke me again not that long ago. I've given him a try (he was my bonus unit for arena and AR for like three weeks). I hate him. And it's carthetic seeing my HS!Micaiah blast a dawn suzu at him, as happened this morning in AR.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I, uh, voted for Hrid every time. Yes, me, the guy who complained about the Book II characters constantly appearing at the beginning of the year. I just did it because he's one of the popular red candidates I didn't have, and figured maybe we could get more Distant Counter in the banner. But I feel so dirty. :(

I saw an opponent today in AR with a +10 Mae with Blarserpent+ and double Distant Defense. She had 41 RES, buffed to 47, plus her weapon and skill effects. She even had 30 Defense. Every single ranged unit on my defense map just boink'd off of her harmlessly. I'm pretty sure her teammates were giving her spur Res and stuff. It was terrifying.

Wolven Hammer

Feb 26, 2018
Los Angeles, California
My votes:

Blue: Nailah (only unit I wanted that I didn't get)

Red: H myrhh (I need another power red)

Green: H kagero (perfect teammate to BK, and covers his weaknesses better than w cecilia or sheena)

Gray: H Jakob (why not?)

Extra: L. Hector (vote for the people, can't let surtr win. And giving duma both DC and vengeful fighter would be awesome)

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I got Surtr on his debut banner for Steady Stance 4 and he pitybroke me again not that long ago. I've given him a try (he was my bonus unit for arena and AR for like three weeks). I hate him. And it's carthetic seeing my HS!Micaiah blast a dawn suzu at him, as happened this morning in AR.
I voted for HMicaiah partly as a middle finger to Surtr.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Day 1: 3* Olivia
Day 2: OG Azura
Day 3: Julia
Day 4: 4* Abel
Day 5: 3* Henry
Day 6: 4* Arthur
Day 7: 3* Soren (I actually spent 4 orbs on one of the red crystals, because my finger slipped to the green crystal and got a 4* Silvia).

Free pull on the valentine banner gave me no reds, picked a green... and it's Barst. And that will litterally be it for that banner at least until after 2nd Anniversary banner passes.

Last edited:

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, +Atk/-Def Mist (good) and +Def/-Atk Ike(...). But I got them in 22 orbs, so I won't complain. Seems like all my Bandori luck went to this game recently.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
EL OH EL. This is what I deserve for pulling on a seasonal. Started with 250 orbs - took me 199 orbs to get even a single 5* (that's 13 full rounds, no sniping btw) and while it was a good dupe fodder in Brave Ephraim, it was still just for a dupe fodder. More than half my pulls had to be 3* trash as well.

Oh well, no pulling on the 2nd Anniversary Banner for me now. Or the upcoming Binding Blade banner for that matter.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
This banner is such an easy skip.... especially when the one class/color that is actually rare is given out for free.

Edit - I say this and my redeem summon circle was 4 red and 1 colorless so I pulled all of them....got Ike on the last red Orb.... +res -spd....

short term - bonus heroes sorted for the next couple of weeks.....
longterm - someone's getting DC+Special fighter in the future.... Amelia I guess....

Yeah ... that's bullshit. At least do something similar to Hero Merit, because i just can't see me competing for a possible higher tier than 21 in AR. Especially now that they nerfed my current def map.

Did you even look @ the lift gap between Tier 21 and Tier 22 before saying this? It's 400 lift, you can play 5 matches day 1 of a light season and be in tier 22 as long as you don't get sloppy. And its not like that 1 dragonflower is going to make that much of a difference......

As for nerfed maps, Spring Breeze needed it 100% though I think they went too far... Lava Floes... no idea.... I switched to it 10 mins before reset, make a quick defense and had a -80 within 30 minutes.....

Thought to myself... yep that was a crap job done by me and this map must suck now...... since that point without touching it again...

Success - 5 defeated
Success - 5 defeated
Success - 5 defeated.

I'm batting @ 75% and I'm killing every unit.

This Dragonflowers update is utter bollocks. I don't give a toss about AR (Slowly crawled to Tier 13) so getting them from there is a no go. IntSys let greed get in the way of yet another good idea. 😒
Should have just updated/revamped the Training Tower maps to give Dragonflowers as rewards instead.

Training tower rewards? Lmao... you aren't suppose to 5/5 every unit in your barracks with dragonflowers, it's like thinking you can grail every waifu you summon in FGO. Sorry to use FGO as an example (just started to get invested in it the last month)... but some people's expectations with dragonflowers was that were going to be hero crystals, but they have ended up closer to grails.

If everyone can max out brigades worth of units with dragonflowers... then what's the point of having them? If it was so easy everyone is going to have powered up units and if that was the case all they've done is not make your units stronger (because everyone else is 5/5 or 10/10), but rebalanced infantry units by giving them 5 extra powerups.

They might as well have just buffed infantry across the board by 5 stats than give out DF if it worked they way people wanted it to.

But until then, more of an emphasis on Aether Raids, which is becoming more of a pain in the ass by the day...

More of a pain in the ass? So they nerf the two best defense maps, make it so you don't have to play AR everyday and make it easier to climb rankings and it's more of a pain in the ass... smh can't please some people.

The gap in dragon flower rewards is pretty disappointing. I guess it makes new units constantly more desirable.

Please don't pull units for dragonflowers, that's silly.

You'll get 80 a month from the two free units
Character demotes are another 40 if they happen regularly again.
You should be getting 60 a week in AR

So that's 360 Dragonflowers a month assuming one demote.

Or you can drop a stack and pull 160 dragonflowers right now on the current seasonal banner....

Nah I'm good.

Even whales aren't going to be able to have bridgades full of characters that are 5/5 or 10/10, again it's pretty obvious these are meant to be rare, not handed out like candy.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
What dire luck ... 135 orbs got me, a +Spd / -Def Greil. Of course, the one armor that doesn't need Spd gets the boon.

The rest was, pulling red and green only, Corrin, Corrin, Raigh, Marth, Marth, Merric, Merric, Merric, Cecilia, Cecilia and so freaking on. Basically, the same shit all the time, and again ~80% of those were 3*. Thanks to the new IV highlighting i could see the IVs of the trash, i've never in my life seen so many Spd and Atk banes, good almighty.

Only "good" other pull i got was my first 4* Reyson, -Spd / +Atk ... why not, fits to the IV shit i got before and after.

Day 7 of the re-runs, Day 7 of not getting all focus colors. But one improvement, on a banner with 3 focus colors, i got 2 this time, wow. Free pull on green was .... *drumroll* .... a 3* Fred.

That makes 6 out of 7 free pulls being 3*. You can go and screw yourselfs, IS.

Voted:
- 2x Tharmor, 5 votes total
- 1x Lector, 2 votes total
- 1x Nephenee, 2 votes total
- 1x Liki, 3 votes total

Outside of Tharmor making the red orb spot, i don't see myself pulling on that banner. Not with my current luck.

Did you even look @ the lift gap between Tier 21 and Tier 22 before saying this? It's 400 lift, you can play 5 matches day 1 of a light season and be in tier 22 as long as you don't get sloppy. And its not like that 1 dragonflower is going to make that much of a difference......

As for nerfed maps, Spring Breeze needed it 100% though I think they went too far... Lava Floes... no idea.... I switched to it 10 mins before reset, make a quick defense and had a -80 within 30 minutes.....

Thought to myself... yep that was a crap job done by me and this map must suck now...... since that point without touching it again...

Success - 5 defeated
Success - 5 defeated
Success - 5 defeated.

I'm batting @ 75% and I'm killing every unit.

The gap for me is actually 1900 Lift because i'm not in T21 but in T20. And while, yes, +1 flower per new tier starting with T21 is not the world, the drip feed reward release is not good to begin with. Assuming you don't have any Book 2 or 3 chars left, or even have collected all flowers from the ordeals, it's not even enough to +1 a single unit that's not an infantry one. For a single +1 you'd need to compete for T27 and the 40 flowers reward, for a majority of the players unrealistic.

I know you're not suppossed to +10 your 3* Raighs even, but how about it doesn't have to take months or even longer in case of infantry to upgrade them? A Dragonflower Hero Merit with high reward steps and a high point ceiling makes them still rare enough to not throw them on every unit, but it makes upgrading multiple favorites or high merged ones more viable.

They absolutely went too far with Spring Breeze, i went from somewhat solid 50/50 (no lame ass def units or dancers) to 3 full losses and one reduced loss, without doing anything even. Never used the Lava Floes one, but reddit thinks it got buffed instead of nerfed ... so dunno about that.

Last edited:

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
My free summon on the Valentines banner gave me OG Mist. I never had her before so it's all good.
Not going to use her though.

My votes went to:
HMyrrh 5 points
LTiki 5 points
Duma 2 points

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Got my lover Ike in about 90 orbs (+SPD/-DEF), and now I can just snipe green for Mr. Thighs. I'll need to build up my orbs again first since I literally used every possible orb I could get my hands on.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man, that's again one sad paralogue. "Hey Mist, here's your dead dad alive again, you're able to see him for a short while but after that you're outta luck."

Come to think of it, would there be a canon couple for Valentines that didn't end in tragedy somehow? If it would be Barte / Karla / Fir, it's the dead mom instead of the father but basically the same. Sigurd and Deirdre? Boy, that's a step worse even, got the wife stolen + brainwashed AND got killed by the guy who stole her. Quan and Ethlyn? Well, the game doesn't have the Wyrmslayer yet against wyvern units ...

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Come to think of it, would there be a canon couple for Valentines that didn't end in tragedy somehow?

Alm and Celica. It's more limited by there not being many other canon couples after the first few games than anything, since even by the GBA games, there were player choices in who married who by supports.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Alm and Celica. It's more limited by there not being many other canon couples after the first few games than anything, since even by the GBA games, there were player choices in who married who by supports.

Ah yes ... well they got their fair share of tragedy before.

But who thought that proposing by stabbing your girl worked in Rigel.

I almost wanted to say Eliwood and Ninian (being the defacto canon and used in other media) ... but then i remembered that becoming a mother in Elibe is basically some sort of death sentence ...

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I got another Myrrh off the daily banner free pull. but I also got Alm trying to pull for the new Ike.

Status
Not open for further replies.