• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
In the end we're getting another free 5* so I can't gripe too much.
The REAL complaining will happen when I get the unit I actually want, but with the worst possible IVs.
Happy pulling!

Imo she looks like a "Tambourmajor" ... dunno what or if there's a translation for english. Basically, the person who marches in front of a marching band and keeping the tact.

Just google the word, you'll see what i mean. Many of these Tambourmajor also wear some feather on their hats, just like Vallazura.
Marching Band banner incoming! (But it'll be another Fates banner)

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
We have plenty of banners based on Hoshido. With Three Houses I bet we get a plenty of high school /academy banners
Academy banner, Sports festival banner, Graduation banner, Cultural festival banner

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the event is called "Find and Vote", so the title does tell you what to do. And the FEH Channel showed a demo.

But when there's no incentive to do the event once, let alone 5 times (i.e. no free orbs or items), people are going to put the least effort in, which is to vote for the most recent and talked-about legendary heroes.

I think it's a combination of apathy and poor design.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well the incentive is to get one of the heroes you vote for free. I agree that IS shouldn't do this with those random gold orbs and just let people pick the color (or rather hero) they want, but i don't see why you should get additional in-game rewards for playing the Find & Vote thing.

CYL doesn't give you in-game rewards too, and people vote well enough. Maybe it's because you can actually pick the brave hero you want. ^^

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO at the correlation between positioning and results. IS should've at least made the starting screen random.

Also hilarious to read the users that'll never accept IS' mistakes, even in this case where the voting system clearly influenced the results.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone please remember there is a super convenient form in the app for all your complaining needs.

Don't let your complaints just be dreams. 💁‍♂️

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
As a programmer and UI designer who regularly encounters end-user confusion even in the most dead-simple UI designs (and my end-users are IT folks), I can completely understand how the design of this voting system influenced the results.

Not only was there no visual indicator of "scrollability," but the performance of the site was quite awful on my device as well. I couldn't scroll the view until several seconds after everything appeared to have been loaded. That's easily long enough for a user to attempt a few finger swipes and then assume it's not scrollable. When you consider that many voters probably never even watched the Feh Channel or watched/listened closely for voting instructions, well, you've got a recipe for disaster right there.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
When is the banner going to be, tomorrow? At any case good luck on your pulls, hope everyone who doesn't have a LAzura yet manage to snag one.

I'll be fine with anything that isn't a dupe at this point. Even LLyn, it's 5k feathers at the very least.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
When is the banner going to be, tomorrow? At any case good luck on your pulls, hope everyone who doesn't have a LAzura yet manage to snag one.

I'll be fine with anything that isn't a dupe at this point. Even LLyn, it's 5k feathers at the very least.
25th (24th 11pm PDT if we're being technical).

As for me, I also wonder if starting heroes did well simply out of indecisiveness. How many people went into the mode and simply chose the first unit who tickled their fancy? The fact that every starting hero did well makes me think being in the starting position *absolutely* influenced the results, just not sure how much.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I love that one of the four winners is clearly worse than the others and she is also the only one of the four I have, which means she is definitely going to end up being my free summon.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Would love a good IV L!Lyn tbh.... got 1 +def and 2 +res right now.....

Order of preference......

Duma (don't have)
+atk or +spd L!Lyn
H!Myrrh (have a +res)
Neutral L!Lyn
L!Azura (already have neutral)
L!Lyn

Man, what a trainwreck this anniversary has been. The only interesting thing about was the dragon flower thingies. However, all they amount to is a +1 buff to infantry only once you realize that everyone in arena is going to have their favorites maxed out. Oh, and then they were ruined further once you see that only newer units grant a meaningful amount of them.

Honestly, I'm thinking about dropping this game.

Wait what? They're shit because all they do is amount to a 5 stat buff for infantry? But now they're more shit because they're available in limited resources outside of new units? You do realize that money and pushing Aether Raids aside your second reason is why this isn't just a +5 stat buff for infantry balance update.

Besides I like the option of being able to make a Super Garon who will be 10 stats stronger against 99-99.9% of everyone else's heroes in their barracks compared to pre patch. Or I can make Super Fir instead next patch by giving her +10 stats along with DC and Null Disrupt.....

You have a chance, especially this year to make an older/unique character a lot stronger, if you think people giving +5 stats to L!Tiki, Surtr, GD!Ike etc in arena is going to be a big factor.... lol. Arena/AA is easy mode right now, in AA my base Bartre one shots +10 L!Tikis on defense tiles, in arena I've been killing top tier green armors with Fjorm and I didn't even give her a slaying spear...... Armor units are generally awful in aether raids outside of a few during bonus weeks.

Last edited:

Nana&Popo

May 6, 2018
Would love a good IV L!Lyn tbh.... got 1 +def and 2 +res right now.....

Order of preference......

Duma (don't have)
+atk or +spd L!Lyn
H!Myrrh (have a +res)
Neutral L!Lyn
L!Azura (already have neutral)
L!Lyn

Wait what? They're shit because all they do is amount to a 5 stat buff for infantry? But now they're more shit because they're available in limited resources outside of new units? You do realize that money and pushing Aether Raids aside your second reason is why this isn't just a +5 stat buff for infantry balance update.

Besides I like the option of being able to make a Super Garon who will be 10 stats stronger against 99-99.9% of everyone else's heroes in their barracks compared to pre patch. Or I can make Super Fir instead next patch by giving her +10 stats along with DC and Null Disrupt.....

You have a chance, especially this year to make an older/unique character a lot stronger, if you think people giving +5 stats to L!Tiki, Surtr, GD!Ike etc in arena is going to be a big factor.... lol. Arena/AA is easy mode right now, in AA my base Bartre one shots +10 L!Tikis on defense tiles, in arena I've been killing top tier green armors with Fjorm and I didn't even give her a slaying spear...... Armor units are generally awful in aether raids outside of a few during bonus weeks.

That's fine and good and all but the game was already losing my interest. This anniversary had to pull me back in and it pretty much did the opposite. Aether raids turned out to be Arena 2.0 except with more cancer and power creep is just out of control. The flowers don't address power creep in a meaningful way and the most interesting skills are still locked into newer 5 stat units.

It's not that the update is complete garbage but that it didn't do nearly enough and it came combined with a terrible anniversary showing.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
I'd much rather get another L!Lyn than another LAzura. Duma and HMyrrh would likely just sit around In my barracks too.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I should have about 1100 orbs when the banner drops. I may try to get a H!Myrrh+10. Specially if the banner is a hero fest.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
That's fine and good and all but the game was already losing my interest. This anniversary had to pull me back in and it pretty much did the opposite. Aether raids turned out to be Arena 2.0 except with more cancer and power creep is just out of control. The flowers don't address power creep in a meaningful way and the most interesting skills are still locked into newer 5 stat units.

Please tell me you're not referring to B!Lyn, Reinhardt and Veronica as the "cancer", the game literally gives you two free hard counters to those units.... Cecilia and F!Robin with her new refine. You can take gronnraven off Cecilia and give it to any green mage, even f2p dancer child azura..... Fae hard counters them too....

AR has far worse than those 3.... my flier formation + 2 flying dancers team has only dropped 60 lift this week and 100 lift in total last week... and this is childs play compared to some maps I've seen.

Nana&Popo

May 6, 2018
Please tell me you're not referring to B!Lyn, Reinhardt and Veronica as the "cancer", the game literally gives you two free hard counters to those units.... Cecilia and F!Robin with her new refine. You can take gronnraven off Cecilia and give it to any green mage, even f2p dancer child azura..... Fae hard counters them too....

AR has far worse than those 3.... my flier formation + 2 flying dancers team has only dropped 60 lift this week and 100 lift in total last week... and this is childs play compared to some maps I've seen.
I don't even know why you're arguing at this point. Why are you arguing at this point? I don't think the game is fun anymore and I don't think AR is in a healthy state. If you like it and don't think its cancer then go have fun.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017

Ophelia + L!Azura + Horse Emblem is the most popular combination. Cecilia can't survive all of that.
Also, not everybody is in the position to invest in having counters for everything AR can throw at you so they don't find this mode fun. Great that you enjoy it but your opinion is not absolute.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
If AR had a limit of 1 dancer per defense team it'd be much more tolerable. I'm seeing many setups with one of the beast dancers alongside LAzura and it's scary as hell since most of the enemy team will be able to cross the entire map lol.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
If AR had a limit of 1 dancer per defense team it'd be much more tolerable. I'm seeing many setups with one of the beast dancers alongside LAzura and it's scary as hell since most of the enemy team will be able to cross the entire map lol.
Fucking Rival Domains has that limit but they won't do it for AR. It's mind blowing.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I have a very distinct feeling we will get a C skill soon that will shutdown assists/refreshing a la panic ploy.

After seeing how C Null Disrupt was handled I have no doubt IntSys will make anti-meta shit locked behind orbs. AR is absolutely at the center of their monetization right now and if they can get people to pay money to make AR easier they will.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there are any circumstances under which you can get a unit to tank both Ophelia and Lilina together in a single round. You pretty much have to pick one off and position a hard counter for the other before they join forces to wreck your face.

Easier said than done, of course. That's why the top AR players spend 30-60 minutes theorycrafting an offense before committing to even an opening move.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Miracle + Vantage + something that recovers HP after combat so that Miracle can trigger again?
Hardy bearing blocks vantage. Ares miracle build needs miracle to proc and you can't do that without attacking. Any other build based around keeping Miracle proc'd has to compete with Ares miracle build; also it requires mythic boost.

Ophelia needs a hard counter because she's just plain bonkers. Witchy Wand might be the closest, but even then it's only a counter against a base that left it as an opening. But it's much easier to offer a counter (e.g. DD6+blarserpent/guard bow/goodie boot/etc. Res tank) if you can block specials.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I feel people would be less upset if we could actually pick our free hero, hell make it just like the seasonal banners, random colored orbs.

I got fucking Leo in round 1 so I am expecting to get Lyn, I already made peace with that (Ok I got a good IVs Gunnthra round 2 but still...)

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Lyn isn't even bad as a member of your arena core, I don't regret +10ing her. She's just a pretty normal blue (or flier) counter who doesn't excel at anything else in particular.

If I'm going to fodder something off though, Speed Tactic is useful but not as nice as a Fighter skill or even B Duel Flying.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
So, I've been super pessimistic about this game since they introduced gen2 trainee bst (which has been a good thing -- I've been barely playing! I finally escaped!), but I need to react to this find+vote thing now that it's over:

Lmaaaaaaooooooooooooooo

It's so dumb! All of it! It's wonderful

Oct 25, 2017
yolo pulled a single red on the hot springs banner, and got a HS Elise. +RES/-HP.
My goodness, she looks like she'll be tissue paper. My strange luck continues.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it's confirmed they removed the 10 refining stones and 10 coins from the tap battle rewards this month too. Another brilliant anniversary decision.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I usually deal with Ophelia/Lilina IP teams by letting someone die or taking advantage of dancer AI and movement priority. The latter rarely works as a clean win though so the end result is usually someone dead. I'm sure there are more effective ways to work around them but I'm just coasting so I don't really care to put in the effort anymore lol. I sometimes deal with firesweep teams the same way "there, go die while I set up the sweep for the next turn".
25th (24th 11pm PDT if we're being technical).
Thanks, I thought it would be sooner for some reason.

Looks like it's confirmed they removed the 10 refining stones and 10 coins from the tap battle rewards this month too. Another brilliant anniversary decision.
Oh boy, I already have enough issues with Sacred Coins as is since I started the game fairly late and have like a billion unforged seals still. There should be more ways to get these resources, not less.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
They really need to increase sacred coins/refining stones output. I'm not a day 1 player (it's safe to say I started near end of last June, more or less) and it's a struggle to keep up with seals. You're given enough coins to upgrade 2-3 seals per month; it's fine if you're a day 1 player since there's usually only 3 seals per month and usually one seal per TT is absolutely skippable. I'm not a day 1 player, and basically there's an entire backlog of seals I need to upgrade.

Btw, the breakdown of coins are 40-50 per month for arena duel, 40-150 per month for arena assault, 80 for TT, 135 for VG, and 30 for GC. Assuming you get arena rewards four times and get 15 coins per week from AA, that's 345 coins. That's enough to upgrade two of the TT new seals, with an additional third every three months.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
They really need to increase sacred coins/refining stones output. I'm not a day 1 player (it's safe to say I started near end of last June, more or less) and it's a struggle to keep up with seals. You're given enough coins to upgrade 2-3 seals per month; it's fine if you're a day 1 player since there's usually only 3 seals per month and usually one seal per TT is absolutely skippable. I'm not a day 1 player, and basically there's an entire backlog of seals I need to upgrade.

Btw, the breakdown of coins are 40-50 per month for arena duel, 40-150 per month for arena assault, 80 for TT, 135 for VG, and 30 for GC. Assuming you get arena rewards four times and get 15 coins per week from AA, that's 345 coins. That's enough to upgrade two of the TT new seals, with an additional third every three months.

You don't need to upgrade every seal....

The only real top tier seals that have to be upgraded (so no Iotes, Boots etc) are....

Quick Riposte
Heavy Blade
Distant Def
Drive Atk / Drive Def
Flashing Blade (kinda... would be a 100% must if it worked on fliers as well)

Everything after that goes down to "needs to be upgraded if...."

Earth Dance... if you have L!Azura and don't run a tactics team
Flier Formation... if you use a fliers team.
Poison Strike... if you want a good cheerleader in Arena or run a FS bow dual Poison Strike set up in AR defense
Defense/Res Tactic... if you run Tactic teams.
Savage Blow... if I want to run double savage blow builds for AoE chip down.
Live to Serve... if I want my healer to stay alive easier while leveling (lol)

There's a lot of nice stuff like the Brazens, Bonds, dual stats, dual spur but they aren't essential.

Ophelia+lilina has basically no counters, aoe are super dumb now

That's nowhere near true.

A free unit like Kaze can easily be built up to counter them (and to me this is easy compared to what I have to do to hit max level for a character in say Epic Seven / FGO)

Kaze +10 (Res asset)
Barb Shuriken (Res refine)
Glacies
Close Counter (free Takumi)
Vantage
Attack Smoke

S-Rank Summoner support
S-Rank Ally support with Male Corrin with refined Yato (Drive Res c slot, Spur Def/Res seal)
Chill Attack from free Garnef on your team somewhere, vital. Corrin would be a good pick)

Ophelia blazing light hits for 18 and than she does 0 and 0, Kaze does 34 and 34 on retaliation.
Lilina Blazing wind hits for 16 and shes does 0, Kaze returns fire with 35 and 35.

You're now in Vantage range (might change special, would like it charged and ready to go while in vantage) and you've probably killed both units who would be wearing Hardy Bearing.

Felicia can do the exact same, as of course could W!Cecilia. Colorless units are broken when they gain a lot of stats since you have no way to get an advantage over them outside of raven tomes..... if Garon was colorless I would have a +6 or +7 (or whatever it would be) one right now... he would be better than Duma even without access to Fighter skills because he doesn't have dragon or armor weakness which are easily countered.

This set up doesn't work as well in light season with 2 Eirs because you can't get into Vantage range because they do a total of 4 damage combined (assuming chill attack hits them at the right timing). Of course you can alter gear.... switch to atk refine on weapon, more offensive c slot and seal on M!Corrin to make up for that.

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if the only answers to Ophelia and Liliana are invest multiple months worth of feathers, tying up an important refine/support (m Corrin), and taking up your summoner support, (as well as requiring chill attack?), and presuming there isn't a third unit that can attack too, they've clearly fucked up somewhere.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017

The only real top tier seals that have to be upgraded (so no Iotes, Boots etc) are....

Quick Riposte
Heavy Blade
Distant Def
Drive Atk / Drive Def

Poison Strike... if you want a good cheerleader in Arena or run a FS bow dual Poison Strike set up in AR defense

There's a lot of nice stuff like the Brazens, Bonds, dual stats, dual spur but they aren't essential.

A free unit like Kaze can easily be built up to counter them (and to me this is easy compared to what I have to do to hit max level for a character in say Epic Seven / FGO)

Kaze +10 (Res asset)
Glacies
Vantage
Attack Smoke

S-Rank Summoner support
S-Rank Ally support with Male Corrin with refined Yato (Drive Res c slot, Spur Def/Res seal)
Chill Attack from free Garnef on your team somewhere, vital. Corrin would be a good pick)

Ophelia blazing light hits for 18 and than she does 0 and 0, Kaze does 34 and 34 on retaliation.
Lilina Blazing wind hits for 16 and shes does 0, Kaze returns fire with 35 and 35.

You're now in Vantage range (might change special, would like it charged and ready to go while in vantage) and you've probably killed both units who would be wearing Hardy Bearing.

Felicia can do the exact same, as of course could W!Cecilia. Colorless units are broken when they gain a lot of stats since you have no way to get an advantage over them outside of raven tomes..... if Garon was colorless I would have a +6 or +7 (or whatever it would be) one right now... he would be better than Duma even without access to Fighter skills because he doesn't have dragon or armor weakness which are easily countered.

This set up doesn't work as well in light season with 2 Eirs because you can't get into Vantage range because they do a total of 4 damage combined (assuming chill attack hits them at the right timing). Of course you can alter gear.... switch to atk refine on weapon, more offensive c slot and seal on M!Corrin to make up for that.

Not sure if Close Counter on Kaze for that task or in general is worthwhile, as physically he's pretty squishy and those 2 units are ranged anyway. Fury or Mirror Stance will give him a lot more utility/safety even with Vantage. Unless he's got a special ready, anything that gets near him will probably kill him. Hell even with his special proc'd a high Def melee until can shrug him off. Might be best to keep him as a mage killer/counter.

Seal wise, the Ploys and Smoke skills are are generally very good, and we'll be getting more Blows and Waves soon which will be fun.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Quick Riposte
Heavy Blade
Distant Def
Drive Atk / Drive Def

Kaze +10 (Res asset)
Glacies
Vantage
Attack Smoke

S-Rank Summoner support

I would like to know what is this ophelia build that does so little damage

Status
Not open for further replies.