• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Refines are decent. Sophia and Klein's both seem to play into their established playstyles. Sonya could now run a pre-charged Moonbow or Iceberg (with QP seal), which is kind of interesting. The +10 damage will help her to compete with the other Iceberg or Glacies nukes, I guess.

Rutger is sort of underwhelming, but hey, they gave us Atk/Def Bond 3 at 4*. Free bond skill fodder is always welcome.

Lugh's minmaxed statline is pretty nice.

For non cheap options, the best are LEphraim and LEirika. SCordelia is one of the best Quad Lances.

For cheap, +SPD Oscar or Peri can do quad builds. Eliwood with Heavy Blade Seal.

Thanks! I have L!Eirika, I will look into those lance users for sure. Been meaning to get a Galeforce team going in forever.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Oh man Rutger got done dirty with those skills. Gotta say the new refines are pretty meh Sonya's is Ok since she can trigger Moonbow turn 1 with an extra +10 damage. Also Lugh has some stupid offensive stats. Idunn has a lot of wasted speed.

Tbh, I think Dark Excalibur is going to be scary.

Give Sonya and Merric infantry pulse and QP and they can have instant AoE with +10 true damage on AoE. That will be terrifying.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, everyone is quite fast(except Idunn) and all of them have a nice statline. Rutger got dirty tough, his skills doesn't represent him at all. Also it appear the new mode in april already has code related? Something called battle ballot.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Finally, my ultimate Ares cheerleader is complete. I'll be using this in AR, but this does mean I can't use Witchy Wand to stop ophelia shenanigans. That's okay though, since WW is a little unreliable.

But I am curious what skills to run alongside her. Her A and B skill are optimal so I'm keeping them. Fireflood Balm+ is useful since it allows Ares to gain attack remotely, but I'm wondering if I should run attack tactics or hone cavalry too so Ares isn't dependent on the balm for the attack boost. Attack Opening would be optimal but *cries in no attack opening fodder*

Her S skill is pretty limited. I could give her atk/spd 2 which complements her stats and A skill very well, give her res tactics (but then attack/res tactics alongside fireflood balm seems like bad synergy), or live to serve so she can heal herself especially when Ares means I can't rely on healing tower or Eir for heals.

fek

Oct 26, 2017
I run Myrrh, Tharja, Eir, Nowi and LAzura on AR offense. Missed tier 20 for 40 points last week but this week should get in pretty easy. No idea how hard it will be to get tier 21, but I really like AR so I will be trying.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Based on the datamine, which has two banners in it (Friday's and what would presumably be a skill replacement/New Power banner) and no new Arena bonus units, I wonder if we're getting a quick swing into a seasonal banner. Like, next week.

champloo

Oct 27, 2017
I very recently built my Navarre for AR offense and I really like him for his reliable 2-charge Galeforce.

My AR offense team is led by a Galeforce hit n' runner (Navarre or Peri), an enemy phase mixed tank (Camilla or Nailah), and three support units (Eir, Aversa, PAzura).

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Based on the datamine, which has two banners in it (Friday's and what would presumably be a skill replacement/New Power banner) and no new Arena bonus units, I wonder if we're getting a quick swing into a seasonal banner. Like, next week.

I don't think so.

There were two blessed gardens mined, one probably for Sunday 10th and another for sunday the 17th. So I don't think Spring will appear until after the 17th.

Also, with daylight savings time starting this weekend (rip one hour of sleep), rollover will be at 12am pdt which means no more of this 'mentally add a day to calendar' shenanigans.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Yo Gustav looks fierce as fuck, they just gave him red eyes so they can remove the filter when Book 3 is over and put him in a banner

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, i'm mixed on the refinements, Delthea's/Linde's isn't too exciting, Sonya's/Merric's is good, Klein's is great, Julia's is ... ok? ... never really looked at her.

Ghostav's weapon is nuts. Built-in DB 3 and guaranteed double if enemy can counter, on initiation. But IS continues to make story enemies that hit a stone wall while fighting the Fonse ... just keep Sharena away.

Stats of the new units are solid, nothing too surprising. But woah, gen 3 boost for Lugh went higher than i thought, 155 - 157. Though his kit doesn't really fit his playstyle with that offensive statline.
Ok one thing is surprising, Idunn gets up to 43 Def with a boon, unmerged and unbuffed, but with her weapon it's really 46 Def. And with Fortress Def/Res it's 52 Def (!), without buffs (!!) and without merges (!!!). And Res is hefty too. Add the removal of debuffs, she's going to be so incredible hard to take down, good grief. Also, you *don't* want to eat a Bonfire hit from her, that's 26 (!) additional damage points.

Speaking of Rutger, Atk/Def Bond at 4*! Ultra nice, and buyable with grails in the future. Also with today's update we have Swift Sparrow and Hone Flier buyable. For a possible mass demotion next month, units with these skills shouldn't have any reason to stay 5* exclusive.

Merge update, nice! I still don't have the VIke for giving my Amelia DC and Special Fighter, sucks!

And nice, AR loss was only -40 Lift and today's Aether gets me 2 matches.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Sigh lost 1 unit so far in my 4 offense matches, also lost 120 lift on defense..... still 161, 161, 161 and 141 isn't too bad for 4 wins... but seeing 161 is annoying me lol...

I like Rutger's stats, he's what I thought Ayra's kids would've been.. but they'll be more busted because of prf and Ragnal Astra.

Atk/def bond is good, without out my Fjorm doesn't kill Surtr in arena because I'm too stingy to give her a slaying spear+.

Really like Lugh's stats.....

Thea... most pointless hero added in this game period, nothing special about her in a ultra competitive area.

Sonya's refine is nice, can put her in more than just IP teams on AR defense.... the flipside is that she'll show up more often.... time to finish Garon.

Personal opinion, but i find the link skills massively lacking, the only thing they have for them is their score value. You're bound to a dancer or Bowcina to really put it to good use, and positioning is (imo) more critical than for the bond skills, since you actively need to use a movement assist. And even if my personal opinion is wrong as heck, Spd/Res Link is certainly not the most attractive one. ^^
Only goad skill that's really 5* exclusive is Goad Dragons, all others are available on heroes you're able to get as 4* units and at 4*.

What makes me 50/50 on Kaden is actually his weapon, because it's strong, especially on a 3 movement unit. The goad skill could always be locked behind a 5* promotion.

And regarding lance infantry, i'd actually like a mixed phase unit, so yeah i'm kinda set on Nephenee. Helps that i also like the hero.

If we went by weapons noone would demote, but neither would have Ares.

Link skills are pretty good, you left out one of the best users of them... Odin... the moment Def/Res link comes out on a unit that's not seasonal locked is the moment I build my Odin. Odin smites his allies and gives both he and his all +24 stats.

Velouria, Kaden, M!Corrin, Odin + dancer/L!Lucina is a pretty strong comp and something I'll like to try, maybe Garon for M!Corrin since Kaden is buff god.

<3 Nephenee but I wouldn't use up 10 wraths like that.

Ugh, it's not Surtr, it's not LAzura, it's not cavalry that fucks me over in Aether Raids.

It's Ophelia. Even my green raven+ unit with DD3 gets one rounded by her.

Build a super res/mixed tank and tank it like a boss.

Also always have chill attack on your crew.. you've turned a superboon atk Ophelia into a -atk Ophelia with just that one skill.

I want to tank Ophelia with Garon at one stage during this year.

And you should start to worry about Sonya, she will be around in more than just IP teams now with a Glacies bomb ready to go.

It matters because the only thing I was looking forward in this banner was the Idunn GHB. I like villain GHB because they are very nostalgic but intead they made a character that is recruitable a ghb and the battle loses all of its meaning.
About the 3/3 comment, you have to remember that one of this is an Roy alt that isnt in the regular pool and the other is free so in the end it is another banner with 3 girls added to the regular pool and most being 5* exclusive.

Rutger is 2nd in the japanese Poll above Lilina even. No reason to make him free

1. Your comments didn't really come across as a "damn Idunn would've been a dope GHB unit"..... just more of the usual.
2. Having a free unit and a unit you know exactly when they're coming back is pretty good compared to another 3 typical gatcha units.
3. They had no reason to make Panne free, yet they did.

Let me expand on point 3 a touch, Panne scored higher in CYL3 than 3 of the 4 banner units, she was also a Top 50 CYL2 unit.... yet Rutger has no business being free? Did Aversa? Did Kaze?

Ugh, my Aether Raid offense team for light season is awful. What units do you guys use? I typically use Eir, Nowi, Adult Tiki, Cherche, and an in season Legendary Hero, but it's not getting the work done. I just tried using Loki as well, and that helped, but still not enough to get consistent wins.

I was thinking of using Aversa for Aether Raid Defense, but she might be better on offense.

Light season my 5 teams right now are....

Eir+1, Eir, Palla+1, Est+1, Spring Camilla (If no need for Loki lockdown this is my main team)
Eir+1, Eir, Spring Camilla, Est+1, Loki
Eir+1, Eir, Palla+1, Spring Camilla, Loki (if Palla is a better option than Est, for example 4 Surtrs)
Eir+1, Eir, Velouria, Male Corrin+1, Est+1 (Will probably become my main team, hasn't debut'd yet)
Eir+1, Eir, Velouria, Male Corrin+1, Loki

Other season I just add one bonus unit and muck around, see if a unit is good for the mode, sometimes practice with the above teams just minus one Eir.

I'm interested in Garon, Jamke, Reyson (don't have.... F) and Odin... just depends on what that mythic hero can do....... getting 2 is kinda a must.....

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Crap, missed one Aether Fountain in one match, only 15 Aether stolen ... and lost a unit in both matches, so only 280 points today. Still, right now i only need 370 Lift for the T21 threshold, so i think i'm safe to enter T21 if i'm not fucking up 4 days left of matches. Not impossible, but unlikely, i'd say. Plus i have one Escape Ladder charge left. Seeing many teams with Veronica again right now, and most of them are build to basically support her only.

Also defense working so far, at least in terms of reliably killing at least 1 - 2 enemy units for reduced Lift loss.

If we went by weapons noone would demote, but neither would have Ares.

Link skills are pretty good, you left out one of the best users of them... Odin... the moment Def/Res link comes out on a unit that's not seasonal locked is the moment I build my Odin. Odin smites his allies and gives both he and his all +24 stats.

Velouria, Kaden, M!Corrin, Odin + dancer/L!Lucina is a pretty strong comp and something I'll like to try, maybe Garon for M!Corrin since Kaden is buff god.

<3 Nephenee but I wouldn't use up 10 wraths like that.

Ares's word is certainly strong, but to get really nasty, he would need skills like Wrath, or Special Spiral and cavs are locked out of those. I think context is important in this case.

Still don't think link skills are any good. ^^ Odin can use them properly, but as you said, he needs a certain one that's not on Kaden. I prefer tactics, then the waves, then hones/fortifies, joint hones/fortifies would be above tactics, if there were more of them and more available.

Would Kaden survive a +10 Spellhardt as the green unit in this team?

Wrath, that's what Karla and Owain are for, Nephenee is for merging and Heathers teases.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Would Kaden survive a +10 Spellhardt as the green unit in this team?

Well.... I had 9 orbs and decided to yolo.... Libra.... Kaden.... absolutely rapt, damn my summons been clutch since that massive disaster I had in FGO about 3 weeks back.

+def -hp.... well this Kaden ain't surviving.

New Light team

Eir+1, Eir, Velouria, M!Corrin, Kaden.

I can run tactics on this team so I might drop Kaden's link skill for chill def... now who do I kill for Speed Tactic.....

Edit - Kaden's pretty stupidly good, decided to watch my replays for the week and saw their Nowi get buffed by L!Azura and have Kaden chill 2 spaces back and she took 0 damage apart from 12 from NY!Fjorm... a defense where I lost 120 lift over 2 weeks got wrecked so easy... need to rework this.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
My Nowi with double Eir bonus and DD seal pretty much tanked some Reinhardts and in one case 5 out of 6 enemy def units, and that's without any out of or in-combat buffs, so i can only imagine how that Nowi looked like.

Just thought ... we have useful bond skills available on 4* heroes, Swift Sparrow is buyable, Hone Fliers at 4*, brazen and link skills at 4*. So IS, can we for the love of whatever god, have a unit with QR3 in the 4* pool already?

Was browsing through my barracks and i still see so many heroes with QR2, that irks me, first world problem and all. I'd rather spend my feathers for merges and while QR is still a great skill, it just doesn't warrant the 20k feather price anymore.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Also it appear the new mode in april already has code related

So it does.

From Reddit:

BhcVpu4.png

Getting a modified voting gauntlet I guess? If it's using a stamina system similar to grand conquests, that's probably going to be an improvement over having to keep an eye on the scores all day if you want to do well.
The new legendary ability better not be something like you get more votes if you're using them ala aether raids, ugh.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I can't think of a single way to include a legendary effect in this mode that wouldn't stir some discussions.

Also, normally the players get a free hero to go along with the effect, see Fjorm / LIke for legendary heroes and Eir as the mythical (Duma if you've been lucky). So either earlier legendary heroes get an effect too, or IS will have the next backfire.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
. Your comments didn't really come across as a "damn Idunn would've been a dope GHB unit"..... just more of the usual.
2. Having a free unit and a unit you know exactly when they're coming back is pretty good compared to another 3 typical gatcha units.
3. They had no reason to make Panne free, yet they did.

Let me expand on point 3 a touch, Panne scored higher in CYL3 than 3 of the 4 banner units, she was also a Top 50 CYL2 unit.... yet Rutger has no business being free? Did Aversa? Did Kaze?
Aversa is a villain she having a ghb absolutely makes sense. If you read my post correctly you will see that what I wanted was the ghb not the free unit

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Naesala to +8. He still doesn't have a dedicated team, but I'm thinking the birds would be pretty solid on Aether Raid defense. If I ever pull a Duma, or we get a dragon/beast Darkness Mythic then I'll have to give it a try.

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got my Naesala to +8. He still doesn't have a dedicated team, but I'm thinking the birds would be pretty solid on Aether Raid defense. If I ever pull a Duma, or we get a dragon/beast Darkness Mythic then I'll have to give it a try.

Can confirm. Will be at tier 20 at the end of this week in part because birdspam has produced 48 hours straight of successful defenses. I'm surprised I don't see it more often.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Build a super res/mixed tank and tank it like a boss.

Also always have chill attack on your crew.. you've turned a superboon atk Ophelia into a -atk Ophelia with just that one skill.

I want to tank Ophelia with Garon at one stage during this year.

And you should start to worry about Sonya, she will be around in more than just IP teams now with a Glacies bomb ready to go.
Thanks for the tips. I have a +7 Deirdre I never use, so I guess I'll make her my Ophelia killer

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Lmao, I strictly speaking have a shot at T21. Realistically I don't, since it depends on getting lucky with defense. Basically, I'll need to ko 3 units in average to have a shot.

It's fine, I'm not expecting on getting into T21

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nowi, especially with enough back-up, handles the birds normally with ease.
Does she really? I think Naesala true damage + Reyson being green can be enough to take her down. Naesala also has high res so he doesn't take much damage
Also if she doesn't one shot Tibarn she is screwed too.

Deleted member 9972

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you run Lunge? It seems dirty.

I've got Tibarn, Naesala, and Reyson ready to try, I should just test it out next season.

I experimented with drawback for awhile, but neither ended up being necessary. It's just Tibarn and Naesala sitting in front each with a dancer behind them, daring the opponent to bait one. Eir and Aversa are locked into their respective corners unable to move. I've given them freedom before but the dumb AI wastes precious dances on them, so Aversa is just there to debuff and Eir has WoM for extra random schenanigans. Opponent usually has a bulky blue which baits Tibarn. Tibarn attacks, sturdy impact protects him, he bounces off and kills something thanks to Galeforce, and then Naesala runs loose with two dancers to clean up. If Naesala is baited, he usually survives the attacks and Eir with WoM comes in and finishes the job, followed by Tibarn and 2 3 movement dancers running loose and cleaning up. The biggest counter to the defense is a blue armor with vengeful fighter, but fortunately I haven't run into many of those yet, although at +9 merge Reyson can actually do a good job finishing them off.

It feels dirty using them, but I restarted my account during the Laguz banner for this exact purpose. And it's been enjoyable to watch.

Nowi, especially with enough back-up, handles the birds normally with ease.

Nowi is a good counter to Tibarn, though she usually can't kill him in one shot and won't get a follow up thanks to a disgustingly broken Sturdy Impact. Which means you now have a Tibarn with another free turn, Naesala, two dancers, and probably an Eir to deal with who are going to have fun in the backfield.

It's a new account, so I haven't had the joy of experiencing tier 20 yet. I'll be curious to see if this defense continues to hold itself together next week when I'm there.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Does she really? I think Naesala true damage + Reyson being green can be enough to take her down. Naesala also has high res so he doesn't take much damage
Also if she doesn't one shot Tibarn she is screwed too.

My Nowi reaches some nutty levels of stats in AR right now, yes absolutely. Highly merged Reysons can hurt her yes, but most of the times those lack the means to overpower her.

Tibarn goes down in one counter attack, and iirc Sturdy Impact only cancels out one follow up attack, so with the Spd check Nowi doubles him. Steady Breath makes sure one of the bird will eat an Aether, and that's enough for them.

Naesala lacks the sheer strength, and has to rely on his Spd check for bonus damage, which means at 41 Spd on my Nowi, she's +Spd and Lightning Breath is Spd refined, with bonus stats from 1 level difference between fortresses, that's not as much as he would like to have.

In the end, she's a bulwark of 64 HP / 54 Atk / 41 Spd / 38 Def (without Steady Breath) / 45 Res this season and on this team. With access to health regain and burst damage. I think only Julia/Deirdre were able to take her out without other casualties so far.

Nowi is a good counter to Tibarn, though she usually can't kill him in one shot and won't get a follow up thanks to a disgustingly broken Sturdy Impact. Which means you now have a Tibarn with another free turn, Naesala, two dancers, and probably an Eir to deal with who are going to have fun in the backfield.

See above, my Nowi doubles Tibarn. He might prevent it from QR, but he eats the Spd check. ^^

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My Nowi reaches some nutty levels of stats in AR right now, yes absolutely. Highly merged Reysons can hurt her yes, but most of the times those lack the means to overpower her.

Tibarn goes down in one counter attack, and iirc Sturdy Impact only cancels out one follow up attack, so with the Spd check Nowi doubles him. Steady Breath makes sure one of the bird will eat an Aether, and that's enough for them.

Naesala lacks the sheer strength, and has to rely on his Spd check for bonus damage, which means at 41 Spd on my Nowi, she's +Spd and Lightning Breath is Spd refined, with bonus stats from 1 level difference between fortresses, that's not as much as he would like to have.
Tibarn is faster than nowi so even a speed refine nowi cant double a tibarn without help

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Tibarn is faster than nowi so even a speed refine nowi cant double a tibarn without help

Tibarn, at +10 with Spd boon, is 1, in letters one, point faster than my Nowi with Spd boon and refinement. Most Tibarns i've fought aren't +10 with a Spd boon. So no, he's not faster than my Nowi. Not at all.

Just check the mass duel sim. Tibarn, +5, Spd boon is 36 Spd, and that's the magic number for Nowi to double him.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Tibarn, at +10 with Spd boon, is 1, in letters one, point faster than Nowi. Most Tibarns i've fought aren't +10 with a Spd boon. So no, he's not faster than my Nowi. Not at all.
You said that she can deal with the birds with ease so I assumed we are talking worst case scenario, she isn't a true counter if she can't deal with all of them. I alsodidnt even consider non galeforce Tibarn that migh just kill Nowi before she is able to aether

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
My usual strategy for Tibarn is have Ares attack him and watch the vantage bonfires fly. Tibarn sets up Ares perfectly.

I might need smite to ensure Ares can attack Tibarn though.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You said that she can deal with the birds with ease so I assumed we are talking worst case scenario, she isn't a true counter if she can't deal with all of them. I alsodidnt even consider non galeforce Tibarn that migh just kill Nowi before she is able to aether

If it's not a Bonfire/Draconic Aura/whatever Tibarn with the special ready on first hit, there's btw. also a good chance that Nowi doesn't even need to double. Neutral Atk Nowi, +10, with no buffs outside of one level difference in the fortresses, 54 Atk, is enough to kill Tibarn with a single counter attack up to +7.

+8 survives and can trigger Galeforce, if Nowi isn't able to double. That's with a +Atk Tibarn.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I usually smite veronica forward and kill tibarn or the dancer with her and debuff the rest of the team, with the rest of the team debuffed they take several hits to kill her so I buy some time. It usually works and I only lose vero

Deleted member 9972

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I usually smite veronica forward and kill tibarn or the dancer with her and debuff the rest of the team, with the rest of the team debuffed they take several hits to kill her so I buy some time. It usually works and I only lose vero

From the rounds my bird defense has lost, attacking the birds first has always been the strategy that beats it. You're guaranteed to lose a unit, but removing one of them from the equation greatly drops the unpredictability of what 2 3 movement offensive nukes and 2 3 movement dancers are going to do.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea how you beat those without severe losses without Loki. Loki almost singlehandedly makes them pretty easy though.

Even with Loki and the building, you're not locking all of them behind the limited movement, and let's be honest, those teams have at least one dancer.

But maybe a Gravity WrazzleDazzle healer could work?

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Although it's still a theory craft, W!Cecilia with Kaden support seems like she might be able to handle Ophelia and friends. I ran the damage calculator a few weeks ago, these were the results: http://imgur.com/a/tYaPmPR .

I'll need to double check, but iirc W!Cecilia had Res refined goodie boot with three allies nearby, Glacies, distant def 3, vengeful fighter 3, def ploy (attack smoke is better), and distant def 3 again in seal. Kaden had spd/Res link, but atk/Res link is better.

I may or may not have assumed Arvis debuffs were active.

Edit: I'm having trouble reproducing the results exactly, but it seems this is the sets I use. Except against Eir, Lyn, and friends, atk/Res bond is just as good: http://imgur.com/a/GrKkUY8 . The calculations assumed Cecilia is getting light bonus buffs.

It'll be a few weeks before I can put this in practice since I want Nanna and Kaden to get light blessing first. If you give Kaden atk/Res link and Cecilia quick riposte 3 and iceberg, that might work too assuming W!Cecilia is still in QR3 range after Ophelia's AoE.

Anyway, this is still theorycrafting, but I'm more than happy to share my ideas for delete Ophelia shenanigans

Edit 2: finally figured out what sets reproduce the numbers exactly: http://imgur.com/a/LSrWe5U. Atk/Res bond and QR3 are generally serviceable alternatives. Anyway, if Kaden demotes, this might be the best budget "delete Ophelia" button.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Although it's still a theory craft, W!Cecilia with Kaden support seems like she might be able to handle Ophelia and friends. I ran the damage calculator a few weeks ago, these were the results: http://imgur.com/a/tYaPmPR .

I'll need to double check, but iirc W!Cecilia had Res refined goodie boot with three allies nearby, Glacies, distant def 3, vengeful fighter 3, def ploy (attack smoke is better), and distant def 3 again in seal. Kaden had spd/Res link, but atk/Res link is better.

I may or may not have assumed Arvis debuffs were active.

Edit: I'm having trouble reproducing the results exactly, but it seems this is the sets I use. Except against Eir, Lyn, and friends, atk/Res bond is just as good: http://imgur.com/a/GrKkUY8 . The calculations assumed Cecilia is getting light bonus buffs.

It'll be a few weeks before I can put this in practice since I want Nanna and Kaden to get light blessing first. If you give Kaden atk/Res link and Cecilia quick riposte 3 and iceberg, that might work too assuming W!Cecilia is still in QR3 range after Ophelia's AoE.

Anyway, this is still rheietycrafting, but I'm more than happy to share my ideas for delete Ophelia shenanigans
Just a tip, fortres def/res 3 should work better than dist def 3 in the a slot since only visible stats count towards aoe damage
Even with Loki and the building, you're not locking all of them behind the limited movement, and let's be honest, those teams have at least one dancer.

+10(or even less) winter cecilia with eir blessings should work, in weeks without light bonus it should be much harder but these weeks aren't as competitive
Fortress def/res 3, dull ranged, atk/def ploy and quick riposte/dist def 3

Last edited:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Just a tip, fortres def/res 3 should work better than dist def 3 in the a slot since only visible stats count towards aoe damage

+10(or even less) winter cecilia with eir blessings should work, in weeks without light bonus it should be much harder but these weeks aren't as competitive
Fortress def/res 3, dull ranged, atk/def ploy and quick riposte/dist def 3

Fortress def/Res is better, but I'm not killing my Kliff for Cecilia, not yet anyway. I'm a little okay giving up a unit for Vengeful Fighter since I don't see myself using that skill on Arden.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

You don't normally need to lock all of them, just enough to break whatever the otherwise unapproachable pattern would have been. If they're using a magic dancer like LAzura, even better. It's probably not infallible, but it works often enough to always keep Loki on at least two of my teams.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Can I get some feedback on my new AR. You see this map, how would you approach it? Beware Finn creates a rally trap so he can cover Arvis.

7aiKGrq_d.jpg

Details on movesets inside here: http://imgur.com/a/Ishv4fc . Remember Arvis appears to have +5 hp and +2 atk/def/res/spd more than he actually has because of summoner support.

My fortress is a rather low level 2+1, but I should be able to make level 3+1 sometime next week.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Have Gustav's skills been datamimed?

Strictly yes, but the only new skill he has is his axe. His basekit of passives/special/assist will likely not exist until he's added as a summonable hero, just like the book 2 gang.

IIirc, his axe is if he initiates against a melee who can counter for, gains +6 atk and guarantees a followup. So, brash assault with no hp requirement and conditional death blow.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Strictly yes, but the only new skill he has is his axe. His basekit of passives/special/assist will likely not exist until he's added as a summonable hero, just like the book 2 gang.

IIirc, his axe is if he initiates against a melee who can counter for, gains +6 atk and guarantees a followup. So, brash assault with no hp requirement and conditional death blow.
Sounds delish~

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.