• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I really can't complain with banners lately, even though they haven't added anything I want since, like, Nailah, they keep giving for free the unit I would have pulled for. Palla looks alright tho, but I guess I'll keep saving my orbs for a rerun of L!Tiki or something.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Something that's bugging me: I'm veruious about Loki's bow. None of the weapons have a consistent theme, like say how Greil's Devotions all how bond spectrum or Land's Bounty had guard. But also I'm wondering if they might basically give a "bow" version of Thokk, similar to how HS!Micaiah has a red version of Thani. 42 HP is the same stat as OG!Loki to boot.

I'm not sure if IntSys wants to give such a valuable unit for free (especailly since OG!Loki will likely be on the TT banner--alongisde B!Veronica and OG!Palla), but it's something that's giving me pause. Probably something meh though.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I must have that Bruno (...and Veronica), (...and Loki) in my army. Damn IS and their dirty tricks trying to tempt me to spend money for these units.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I really hope that Loki is good stats wise; I'm glad I held off on foddering off my last Firesweep bow.

On a semi related note, anyone else notice that if you sort your barracks by origin, Loki appears after Askr, Embla, Nifl, Muspell, and Hel units?

It's as if IS is hinting that Loki's from a totally separate faction that hasnt been introduced yet

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Huh... Will wait for the datamined stats, but even with Bruno finally appearing this banners seems pretty meh.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ah man, now i was all hyped up for Jugdral bunnies, Harehardt ... or Reinhare would've been great. Or a Bunny Arden! Think of the tap battle, a hopping Bunny Arden with huge arse armor! ^^

Free Bunny Loki, huh? I call her ... Lonny! In the vein of Mitch, it shall be Loki + Bunny = Lonny. Her art gives Bunnymilla a run for the money, woah.

Now let's see ... interesting kits for the units.
Palla's weapon is super specific, but she's one heck of a green killer. And the weapon is inheritable ... doesn't work on colorless units though.That AR skill.
Marisa's a bit disapponting, and we have so many blue lance fliers already.
Bruno ... or Brunny ... has an interesting weapon, i can already see whales giving Santa Eirika the staff, as an alternative to Absorb. Might be a sturdy healer again with Atk/Def Push.
Veronica's weapon is pretty strong, and would you look at that duel skill. I know a certain green flying dancer that just made it to higher Arena tiers. Yuck.

I think the units succeed or fail with the stats. Interested in Lonny's skills and stats, but now that we have a 4* available flying archer, demote Kinshinoka to 4* already!

Depending on the stats, i might hold of from pulling if the 2017 bunnies get a re-run again. Need that Bunnymilla merges.

On the AR side, i'm safe at staying in T21! Close though. Have 100 Lift to lose for dropping, max Lift loss i can have is 60, and i had a -40 loss sometime during last night, so even if i can lose Lift prior to the reset again, it won't be enough for me to drop. And i have two matches today left. This was more stressing than entering T21 last week ...

And freaking heck Arena! Score of 3750 and i'm at rank 2137 from 3262 currently. The score is super inflated this week, normally a score like this had sometimes been enough for top 1k to rise into T21.

Gigan

Oct 27, 2017
Ok that Bruno is perfect. PenekoR did it again !!
...also kinda want Veronica. I like the character. <3

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And freaking heck Arena! Score of 3750 and i'm at rank 2137 from 3262 currently. The score is super inflated this week, normally a score like this had sometimes been enough for top 1k to rise into T21.

I presume we have Like being a bonus unit to thank for that. Congrats on being able to stay in 21 AR too.

...they almost couldn't make bunny Loki any more naked for her damaged art, huh. (Note :this is not a challenge IS)

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I presume we have Like being a bonus unit to thank for that. Congrats on being able to stay in 21 AR too.

...they almost couldn't make bunny Loki any more naked for her damaged art, huh. (Note :this is not a challenge IS)

Thanks ... and yeah, must've been LIke. Although i thought the score would've been more impacted the season before this one, as that was a freaking Earth season where LIke also gives out bonus stats.
Starting tomorrow we have Idunn, at least she's rather easy to deal with, but my +10 Clair is happy to be on the team. Perfect counter for her, anti-armor weapon, WT advantage and high Res against mediorcre Idunn Atk.

*Hasn't seen Lonny's damaged art* She get's more revealing?
*Goes on twitter and sees Lonny's damaged art* Oh ... okay. Well ... at least she's not in the gacha. And ... her spine doesn't seem to be broken like Noires. It's something.

E:

Looking at the art ... that carrot arrow really ... REALLY ... does look unfortunate. Should've made the bow more easter-like and the arrow just normal ... damn.

Last edited:

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Easy skip, good for me since I still have to get my Sue :<
Gotta say Veronica and Marisa look really cute tho.
I hope Loki has good skills, that art is too much for me...

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
So glad Loki's the free unit, I need to get 2 copies of the Astra hero (or whatever the other offensive week blessing is) so this banner being an easy skip for the most part is good for me. Happy to see Bruno finally get in the game but I would like to get original version sometime soon...... also good to see Palla and Marisa get alts.

Anyway definately going to slot free Loki on one of my Aether Raid teams

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Fun choices, Marisa out of nowhere is appreciated.

They seem to be focusing on free units (at least TT ones) with uncommon weapon and movement type combinations. The last string of TT units has been pretty interesting.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was pretty cheap of IS to put a Duel skill on a legendary hero, but a new Duel skill on a seasonal takes the cake, lol. If you want to maximize your arena score for Camilla, Cherche, etc., then you've gotta pull now. Lame.

I have tried to be pretty goal-oriented about how I spend my orbs, but I feel like recent developments are making me even more miserly about spending them. Don't even feel much like buying extra orbs lately, either.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
The banner looks fine, but I'll probably be skipping.

I think we'll get an Ayra rerun, new Jugdral banner, and a Jugdral alt all within the next few months so I need to be super selective what I spend my orbs on.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I really want Palla, Bruno and Veronica. I could pretty much ignore the last banner but this time I'm really tempted to use Orbs here, even though I want to save for now...

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think i will try for Palla, maybe Veronica. Being a blue lance flier automatically means no-pull from me, so sorry Marisa. If i'm more lucky than allowed, i might try for Bruno too. Man, Marisa really should've been an infantry lance, that would've been way more interesting than yet another lance flier. Especially since the year started with another seasonal lance flier, Ryoma.

Cheering for you Hours Left , that you get at least 2 Brunos, in case the bane sucks! ^^

I thought it was pretty cheap of IS to put a Duel skill on a legendary hero, but a new Duel skill on a seasonal takes the cake, lol. If you want to maximize your arena score for Camilla, Cherche, etc., then you've gotta pull now. Lame.

I have tried to be pretty goal-oriented about how I spend my orbs, but I feel like recent developments are making me even more miserly about spending them. Don't even feel much like buying extra orbs lately, either.

I think the green mage fliers and Flyzura will see more use out of the duel skill. It's "pretty easy" to reach high scores with the green melee fliers. For comparison, max score Clair would be 750 with Blue Duel Flying, and still 746 with DC/DB4 or those most expensive A-skills. With a matching elemental blessing, it's even 754 without Blue Duel Flying, 758 with it. ^^

Now a Bladetome Bunnymilla or BSanaki (probably Veronihare depending on stats) with that skill? Yuck.

Last edited:

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, undoubtedly the green mage fliers will benefit the most from G Duel Flying, but whales will generally pull any time to get the skills they want. I was thinking more of the f2p-friendly uses for the skill. (Maybe that's strange coming from a whale, but I still make extensive use of 3-4* units.)

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I think we'll get an Ayra rerun, new Jugdral banner, and a Jugdral alt all within the next few months so I need to be super selective what I spend my orbs on.

Me hopes for a Lachesis alt lol.

And looking at Loki's artwork. Same artist that did S!Noire. It does look off in some parts, but I don't find it that bad. It looked bad on Noire not only for looking off it some parts, but because it doesn't fit what she's meant to look like.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018

And looking at Loki's artwork. Same artist that did S!Noire. It does look off in some parts, but I don't find it that bad. It looked bad on Noire not only for looking off it some parts, but because it doesn't fit what she's meant to look like.
I too hope Lachesis gets an alt. Her feh version just leaves a lot to be desired, especially since Lachesis is such a unique character.

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
G Duel Flying would of course be great for boosting either my Camilla or Cherche's arena scores but I already have Distant Counter and Death Blow 4 on them respectively. Palla looks good for AR, stats pending. Another razzle dazzle cav mage would be nice for AA but I already have a few and I'm not sure it would be worth pulling for Bruno. Marisa's another lance flier so nothing special even if her stats are good.

Blue on this month's mythic banner is going to be really good so I think I'll save my orbs.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Marisa getting an alt makes me believe in L'Arachel getting the healer alt she deserves sometime.

Also, IS should really add some new SS characters, we've only got alts in the last 12 months.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Last year we got a FEH channel detailing the mass demote, so here is hoping, then again I am not betting on IS otherwise my hopes and dreams will explode just like Bruno's shirt

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017

It's kind of sad that the work of the lead art director for the entire series is immediately distinguishable by being unable to resemble the characters he's supposed to be drawing. If I didn't know it was supposed to be Loki, it would have left me guessing for a while.

Last year we got a FEH channel detailing the mass demote, so here is hoping, then again I am not betting on IS otherwise my hopes and dreams will explode just like Bruno's shirt

tumblr_pojqodAdyY1qd6bnv_640.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of sad that the work of the lead art director for the entire series is immediately distinguishable by being unable to resemble the characters he's supposed to be drawing. If I didn't know it was supposed to be Loki, it would have left me guessing for a while.
As someone that actually likes this art (the neutral anyway) I still agree there. His shading style especially mucks things up when it comes to character recognition.

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
Bunny heroes are still bunnys/hares, so i won't pull for them.
But the existence of Bruno and Veronica alts in itself is a great thing. Makes me almost forget that i don't like rabbit eared alts.
Here's to my free summon luck: one Veronica alt please.

Oct 25, 2017
Couple random things I noticed:

- Much like last year, the non-OC characters are wearing standard bunny ears, while the OCs are wearing gigantic lop-ears. Veronica's are like three times the size of the others.
- Bruno's the first male troubadour in this game, beating out Dwyer and Forrest. Better luck next time, kids.
- Bruno probably doesn't even undress at night, he just spontaneously detonates his shirt.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Couple random things I noticed:

- Much like last year, the non-OC characters are wearing standard bunny ears, while the OCs are wearing gigantic lop-ears. Veronica's are like three times the size of the others.
- Bruno's the first male troubadour in this game, beating out Dwyer and Forrest. Better luck next time, kids.
- Bruno probably doesn't even undress at night, he just spontaneously detonates his shirt.
I'm surprised it has taken this long for Forrest, though odds are good he will come eventually. He placed 108th in this year's CYL.

Status
Not open for further replies.