• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Loki actually seems decent, she has a decently defensive statline, which is pretty rare for archers, especially non-armors.

Might look into some Guard Bow and Close Counter shenanigans.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh... How did I not figure panny=paany+bunny. Thanks for answering~

Also, is it BST creep proper or trainee bonus shenanigans?

I have to correct myself, the Hot Spring banner units AND Greils Devoted heroes are also not on gen 3 BST but gen 2 BST.

So the first banner with gen 3 BST was the Fatesbeasts one. BUT (!) only Velouria and Keaton have gen 3 BST, Kaden and Selkie have the same BST as ... Walhart for example, gen 2.

That means the following movement and weapon types have gen 3 BST:

Melee Infantry ( ~ 5 BST more) - Examples: Velouria, Keaton, Rutger, LRoy
Magic Infantry ( ~ 3-5 BST more) - Examples: Lugh
Bow Cav ( ~ 5 BST more) - Examples: Sue
Dragon Armor ( ~ 5 BST more) - Examples: Idunn ------- E: Most likely trainee / kiddy dragon BST boost in this case.
Dagger Flier ( ~ 5-6 BST more) - Examples: Panny (compared to Eir, it's the most notable one)
Bow Flier ( ~ 5 BST more) - Examples: The upcoming Lonny

From the newest heroes, both blue lance fliers (Thea and BunnyMarisa) have the same BST as Hot Ryoma and Sumia, still on gen 2. As is Bruno, who has the same BST as Maribelle / Veronica. And Hareonica is on gen 2 BST, too, same as BSanaki and Flyno.

E:

Regarding Idunn, i'm iffy. We had armor dragons release during Book 2 / gen 2 with the same BST as she now has, but those have the kiddy dragon bonus. Compared to Duma and Grimale though, she definitely has increased BST. So far i'm leaning towards gen 3 BST increase and not kiddy dragon / trainee BST.

I think it's proper gen 3 BST powercreep and no bonus stuff. It's just strange that not all weapon / movement types get the gen 3 boost. It's certainly "specific" that flier mages, cav healers and melee fliers didn't get the BST buff that their banner partners got.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Loki actually seems decent, she has a decently defensive statline, which is pretty rare for archers, especially non-armors.

Might look into some Guard Bow and Close Counter shenanigans.
Spring Loki's got the second-highest DEF for all ranged flyers - Spring Camilla is first with 30 and Hot Springs Sakura is third with 26. It's a narrow niche, but still a useful one.
Spring Loki's also the highest BST ranged flyer in the game right now, unless I'm reading this wrong.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Spring Loki's got the second-highest DEF for all ranged flyers - Spring Camilla is first with 30 and Hot Springs Sakura is third with 26. It's a narrow niche, but still a useful one.
Spring Loki's also the highest BST ranged flyer in the game right now, unless I'm reading this wrong.

She is ... if i didn't forget someone. Another funny food for thought: Lugh, the dud of the banner next to Thea, has the highest BST of all infantry mages.

Idunn isn't bst creep; she gets trainee bonus. Compare Surtr, Liki, and spooky myrrh.

She's not really kiddy enough for the kiddy dragon bonus, nor should she have trainee boost. I definitely think she's gen 3 BST compared to Duma and Grimale.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
She's not really kiddy enough for the kiddy dragon bonus, nor should she have trainee boost. I definitely think she's gen 3 BST compared to Duma and Grimale.

I mean, Surtr has trainee bonus and uhh. Starting with Adrift, trainee was slapped on everything. Idunn has 47 bst at level 1, compared to 55 for Duma; it's trainee.

Panna and Sproki, on the other hand, are not trainee bonus since their level 1 bst is comparable to Eir.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Surtr has trainee bonus and uhh. Starting with Adrift, trainee was slapped on everything. Idunn has 47 bst at level 1, compared to 55 for Duma; it's trainee.

Panna and Sproki, on the other hand, are not trainee bonus since their level 1 bst is comparable to Eir.

Yeah, seems you're right. Dunno why Idunn, of all dragons would have the kiddy boost though. Surtr i *can* understand, he's the big boss of Book 2 after all and i expect Hel to trounce other melee fliers as well regarding BST.

I'll edit my post with the list above. But all others are definitely on gen 3 BST boost.

Thought Harisa would be an obvious choice.
Palla is a tricky one though.

Let's go with Harisa ... i'm too lazy to keep thinking about this. ^^

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'm basically locked into T21 this week since I'm at +500 lift and was already attacked today. Only lost one escape ladder too.

I think I'm going to make a bunch of Jugdral teams with Eir as a guest and just dick around this week.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
It's silly that they went to the trouble of nerfing flower gain for Gen 3 Infantry but then decided to make phyisical ranged cavs and fliers get a BST boost that can't be compensated with flowers.

IS pls.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, seems you're right. Dunno why Idunn, of all dragons would have the kiddy boost though. Surtr i *can* understand, he's the big boss of Book 2 after all and i expect Hel to trounce other melee fliers as well regarding BST.

I'll edit my post with the list above. But all others are definitely on gen 3 BST boost.

Let's go with Harisa ... i'm too lazy to keep thinking about this. ^^
Pally Rabbit?

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing around with Stripper Loki in the duel simulator, trying both offensive and defensive builds but they all come down to the same thing, her attack is too low, so unless she gets hones/foritify buffs she aint exactly a threat

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing around with Stripper Loki in the duel simulator, trying both offensive and defensive builds but they all come down to the same thing, her attack is too low, so unless she gets hones/foritify buffs she aint exactly a threat
31 on an archer is really fucking hard to salvage...I'll make her work cuz I want to, but shes definitely not good.

why couldnt she just have her healer self stats...

She will at least benefit well from doing 1 merge. 1 ATK and 2 SPD

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've had some pretty horrendous luck the last few banners, but I'm quite pleased with today's results. About 50 orbs spent on the new spring banner, pulled both Veronica and Marisa with +Attack. I'll still try for Palla once I build up my orb pile again, but I'm a happy camper so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Free roll got me a 3* Eliwood.
I think I'll wait until the next banners are released before rolling for more. See how my luck goes with the older Spring banners and maybe the next Mythic.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017

6 more BST than Bow Hinoka and the latter has more Atk and Spd.

Maybe you could do some sort of CC build with Spring Loki.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Trainee is a fan term coined because it's usually applied to younger, more growth-oriented characters. But it was always an arbitrary distinction, and we've long since established IS will give the status to whoever they feel like.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Free summon got me a +Speed Lewyn. Not the green mage I was pulling for, but I'm definitely happy with the result.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Saving for Mythic banner but lets do a Yolo full circle like I did for Greils Devotion..... free summon so there's value!

And the exact same result as Greils Devotion.... welcome to my barracks Bruno.... that's a nice Dazzling staff you have... hopefully I get another copy of you during a legendary banner so I can give that too Loki. I like to always have a copy of a unit, so I don't fodder my singles..... I'll break that rule for Amelia (and kill off GD!Ike) if she demotes and I can +10 her....

Edit - Just realized I've got a banner 5 star off first circle for 3 of the last 4 banners.... only Velouria made my work for it and I got a YOLO Kaden later anyway to kinda make up for it. I ignored the Hot Springs banner completely aside from the free pull....

31 on an archer is really fucking hard to salvage...I'll make her work cuz I want to, but shes definitely not good.

why couldnt she just have her healer self stats...

She will at least benefit well from doing 1 merge. 1 ATK and 2 SPD

LewdLoki seems only really fit to be a Close Counter Vantage Flier counter really, worse Jamke but with better movement.

She's kinda the natural counter to the era of Flier balls she'll help usher in.

I'll probably have her as one of my flex characters during Light season, or maybe Astra... really want this other offense mythic hero so I can finalize my teams going forward. I'm not really playing much these days (Epic Seven and FGO are way too grindy) but I'll like to set my teams up before I get back into things. Like if the Astra Mythic Hero has +atk on his/her blessing I'll more than likely put LewdLoki on that blessing for the extra punch, she needs it.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
1 orb away from being able to do another pull, and there is literally not a single one I can squeeze out of this game until next reset.

Bruno, you wily minx. I'm coming for you.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I see the community has chosen a "lewd" pre- or postfix for Lokis alt? While i still like my Lonny nick, i'm going with the majority here. But please, at least call her Lewdi then. ^^

In other news, i +1ed my +Atk / -Spd Reyson i promoted for his Heroic Ordeal and for future mergings. Was tired of waiting for a +Spd one as the other 6 4* ones i pulled over the course of his demotion were all either +HP, +Def or +Res ... reminds me of Lilina, it took me more than 1 1/2 years to get a +Atk one that wasn't -Res or -Spd, same for 4* Ares. You wouldn't believe how annoyed i was after the good news about merges undoing banes when i remembered the ordeal for the perfect Lilina/Ares.

Also because he's a possible Green Duel Flying option, if the skill comes home someday. Though i still think that Flyzura might be better, due to his transformation restriction, which does limit the team options for him a bit.

1 orb away from being able to do another pull, and there is literally not a single one I can squeeze out of this game until next reset.

Bruno, you wily minx. I'm coming for you.

Damn FEH, just give our dude the dude he wants already. Freaking desire sensor shenanigans.

E:

New comic page is out.

D2FZ618U4AALXBI.jpg

Src: https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/status/1108265618657009665

Cutest shit i've ever seen. And Azura in the last frame is the best, so much meme potential. ^^

Last edited:

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
In other news, i +1ed my +Atk / -Spd Reyson i promoted for his Heroic Ordeal and for future mergings. Was tired of waiting for a +Spd one as the other 6 4* ones i pulled over the course of his demotion were all either +HP, +Def or +Res ... reminds me of Lilina, it took me more than 1 1/2 years to get a +Atk one that wasn't -Res or -Spd, same for 4* Ares. You wouldn't believe how annoyed i was after the good news about merges undoing banes when i remembered the ordeal for the perfect Lilina/Ares.

Also because he's a possible Green Duel Flying option, if the skill comes home someday. Though i still think that Flyzura might be better, due to his transformation restriction, which does limit the team options for him a bit.
How did you get so many Reysons?!
Why I only get useless Bartres and Berukas? :/
But at least my Reyson is +spd.
I also think he's better than Flyzura on all counts: even before transformation he has similar stats, AND he has an ability to transform. He has the same team options as her, it's just he performs better when put with the other beasts.

Meanwhile in AR. Since the beginning of the season I've got 3 (THREE) Rein/BLyn/Legzura/Eir/(Veronica/Surtr) maps. I have L'Ephraim for tanking physical damage but he cannot survive anything magical. I have Micaiah for tanking magical damage but even with double DD3, Guard and Def Tactics buffs she cannot survive BLyn or Eir.
It is time for me to get someone who can tank anything. And I'm thinking about this guy:
So. Guard Bow + double DD3 + Guard?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
How did you get so many Reysons?!
Why I only get useless Bartres and Berukas? :/
But at least my Reyson is +spd.
I also think he's better than Flyzura on all counts: even before transformation he has similar stats, AND he has an ability to transform. He has the same team options as her, it's just he performs better when put with the other beasts.

Meanwhile in AR. Since the beginning of the season I've got 3 (THREE) Rein/BLyn/Legzura/Eir/(Veronica/Surtr) maps. I have L'Ephraim for tanking physical damage but he cannot survive anything magical. I have Micaiah for tanking magical damage but even with double DD3, Guard and Def Tactics buffs she cannot survive BLyn or Eir.
It is time for me to get someone who can tank anything. And I'm thinking about this guy:

So. Guard Bow + double DD3 + Guard?

You'd laugh ... i'm out of Barsts for Reposition because i haven't pulled one in months. Neither 3* nor 4*. And all these Reysons are lackluster without his best boon. ^^

Hmm, if it's the common colorless enemies, there's still no way around a Raventome + TA3, with either Guard or Bowbreaker. Lot's of people you could use for this, but if it's specifically for physical damage, there's Boey, the Robins, Sophia with her new weapon has great mixed def stats.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Cleaning up my barracks, i fucking noticed that the spare Nephenee i have is +Atk. My trained one is +Spd ... and after hitting myself for forgetting/not noticing until now, i wonder wether the other would be performing better.

Mass duel sim gives mixed impressions, in some cases it's +Spd performing better and sometimes +Atk.

So people, help me out with your opinions / experience reports.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
My own Neph is +Spd even her lance has Spd refine since I use her as a tanky mixed phase , but I dont use her exclusively to fight armors which +Atk might be more beneficial for, imagine a +Atk Moonbow/Bonfire with Wrath.

So it comes down to how you wanna user her

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I use +atk Nephenee and would keep it over a prospective +spd boon. She's reasonably fast already, and I use her pretty regularly to beat on green armors (usually with Bonfire charged), which the +atk helps a lot with.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
When you think about it, Reyson and Leanne are the dancing cavalry we're all waiting for, with a placement restriction.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Finally plucked enough feathers to upgrade my Seliph as much as possible :

cMzJ7yS_d.jpg

The main two things of want to give him are two more merges and Distant Counter (preferably from Nailah for NCD shenanigans). But for now, I'm proud of this boy. Also when he runs Ignis he gets +40damage from the special alone.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
You'd laugh ... i'm out of Barsts for Reposition because i haven't pulled one in months. Neither 3* nor 4*. And all these Reysons are lackluster without his best boon. ^^
*checks the barracks* Yeah this is funny. 8 Barsts, 6 Selenas and 2 Silases. At some point I just stopped trying to level up and set optimal skills for every character I get so all the fodder is just lying around.

Hmm, if it's the common colorless enemies, there's still no way around a Raventome + TA3, with either Guard or Bowbreaker. Lot's of people you could use for this, but if it's specifically for physical damage, there's Boey, the Robins, Sophia with her new weapon has great mixed def stats.
Rein is not colorless. :(
I want a tank that can hold any kind of damage, not mostly physical. Boey's res is bad. Both Robins have def/res disbalance. Sophia might work for the most of the threats but not against Rein.
I think it's not necessary for the tank to kill attackers on retaliation, just baiting and surviving would be nice.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I've heard good things about +10 Fae. She's green, but that's her downside.

I've been looking W!Cecilia (H! Jakob is generally better). Her default 41/30/36 bulk is solid, and Goodie Boot is nice as well. Given most damage in AR is ranged, Distant Def from Garon is a nice budget option for A skill. She'd want a fighter skill; a lot of people use special fighter and QR3 to stop special charging and allowing her to charge iceberg or Glacies (I forget it SF+QR3 procs Glacies in EP); specials are Cecilia's damage output.

I only starting using W!Cecilia this week and fed her my Kliff and VF, and she was able to take 0 damage from Ophelia (with Kaden buffs). Still, Armor effective damage from Micaiah hurt her, and she's helpless against firesweep poison strike 6 Lyn.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
If you have fortress advantage, Raven+TA Cecilia can handle BLyn, Rein, LAzura, and Veronica (she won't kill but will take 0 damage). Just be careful that LAzura does 0 damage so unless she has no choice but to attack, she may dance instead. Eir is a little tougher since she'll double and has good Res. You could put Daggerbreaker on her but that would make her BLyn matchup worse.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
The other thing is lyflaberg stops (guaranteed?) follow-ups do daggerbreaker only stops one attack on oh! Cecilia.

I'd recommend bowbreaker over daggerbreaker for that reason alone

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Another abyssal map done! This time F!Robin. Golden towel get!

Surtr w/ swap and brazen ATK/RES seal, though would debate on the necessity given I did the action below with Veronica.

Flying Nino w/ reposition and ATK/DEF 1 seal

B!Veronica - no skill inheritance required

NY!Azura - gave her flier formation but don't think that was need.

Surtr just ate all those attacks as he choke points everyone! Just had to rinse repeat healing with Veronica and using sing to get her out of the mage attack areas.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
People who send you friend requests after smacking you with -60 or -80 lift are... interesting. I always accept them, but secretly wonder if the person is making fun of my team.

Tier 20 has been much less hair-pullingly annoying since the last light session promoted a bunch of people. It would be cool to get to Tier 21 with the cool kids but I kinda enjoy just slumming it in T20.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I have no orbs and I must pull.

I feel that my game can't progress until I inject some money into it.

Cleared quests and Abyssals, and my build projects don't have the requisite skill fodder.

Don't have enough feathers or spares to get my Nino, Sothe, Cecilia to +10, and I'm not able to progress past my tiers in Arena and AR.

Rant over. All I can do now is just wish everyone goodluck in their pulls

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Me too.

Also got pity broken by a bad Velouria. Bruno needs to come home.

You can wait for a legendary banner and have a better chance at pulling a 5 star..... just going to be random which one of the 3..... I'm still salty at getting 5 Fjorms and 6 Summer Camillas before getting L!Azura... and I barely use her! *outside of my AR defense team*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.