• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
You can wait for a legendary banner and have a better chance at pulling a 5 star..... just going to be random which one of the 3..... I'm still salty at getting 5 Fjorms and 6 Summer Camillas before getting L!Azura... and I barely use her! *outside of my AR defense team*
Pulling on a Legendary Banner for one specific unit isn't really great IMO.

I've got a whole month to get Bruno, I'm not that concerned about missing him. I just want to start using him ASAP.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Decided to spend 20-30 orbs chasing Spring!Sharena secretly hoping to get Reyson instead... 4th pull got Spring Alfonse instead.....

That's 3 green 5 stars since Reyson demoted.....

HAHAHA it gets better, had 5 orbs left (such a warchest for astra mythic!) and yolo'd it.

Now I got Spring Sharena.

You can't make this up.

I've pulled like 5 five star units in my last 50-60 orbs (F2P btw), 4 of them being green units.... all I wanted was Reyson... Going to go grab the 4 summon tickets from the Forging Bonds (done like 1% of it.....), I'll probably get Sue.

s7cbWkB.jpg

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So no re-run on the 2017 bunnies? Ah damn, waiting for Bunnymilla in a legendary/mythical banner it is. Maybe better that way, don't have many orbs right now. ^^

Free pull for another Ninjabbit, got 3* Lucius. Ah .... back to the ways i'm used to.

First world problem rant: I wish they wouldn't start the TTs on saturdays these days ... weekends are family time, and especially the two younger ones are demanding their dad-attention.

So it comes down to how you wanna user her

I want to use her as my favorite type of hero in FEH, a mixed phase brawler. Aka solid or good Spd, workable Atk, and either good Def or Res. Heroes like Laegjarn and Camilla, for example, who're useful in both phases.

Her anti-armor effectiveness comes in handy, but isn't the full focus of her. She's also there to check red threats that aren't mages (and dragons on enemy phase) and should be able to duel with other lances without doing too bad.

I use +atk Nephenee and would keep it over a prospective +spd boon. She's reasonably fast already, and I use her pretty regularly to beat on green armors (usually with Bonfire charged), which the +atk helps a lot with.

One for +Spd, one for +Atk. *ResetEra.gif* ^^

Again, first world problem, but i really hate having multiple variants of the same hero with both offensive boons. It's a difficult decision most of the time ... i'd rather get just one of them, and if there are spare ones, let them have bad IVs, or at least a "bad" boon.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
So no re-run on the 2017 bunnies? Ah damn, waiting for Bunnymilla in a legendary/mythical banner it is. Maybe better that way, don't have many orbs right now. ^^

I'm kinda glad that it didn't appear, I'm really interested in seeing what they do with them.... grail shop would be amazing.... FEH channel don't let me down.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They could just be pacing the rerun banners. If the year 1 Easter bunnies haven't shown up by next week, then they're probably not getting rerun, but I'm not sure yet.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda glad that it didn't appear, I'm really interested in seeing what they do with them.... grail shop would be amazing.... FEH channel don't let me down.

I feel like the grails shop is already good hero and skills bonanza. Adding the 2017 seasonals in there would be overkill. Think of it. Bunnymilla, Lucinabbit, SCorrin, Bridelia, Nohrzura, Inigo, Frankenjakob, Vamphenry, Tharmor, Flyzura! Flyzura counts because the first day of the banner was still 2017. ^^

On the other hand, i could merge up Charlotte then, she's a solid blue lance after all.

How about this ... you know those Arena Medals? Regular players probably have up to 50k, if not more as of now. Idea: Special Arena shop where you can buy 3* - 4* neutral versions of the 2017 seasonals for 10k respectively 20k medals, huh?

Easy to farm currency, drives players to try better at Arena / AA, and since IS cares about money, it could drive players to pull more on legendary banners for the legendary heroes.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Got Alfonse on the free pull.

I hope they do something interesting with the original spring units, maybe bring back 4* focus banners.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Did a push on this year's bunny banner, and I got Bruno... after getting a Surtr and five 5* off-focus reds. Four of which are year 1s and pretty much useless (Lyn, original Ike, Saber, Gray), and the other one is a useless year 2 (Leif).

#PurgeTheFiveStarPool

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Just faced a +10 Brunny in AA ... dude had a Def boon, CC, Wrathful Absorb+, Guard 3, QR seal and Atk/Def/Res Tactic support, or rather, that's 48 Def including buffs on a 3 tile movement hero.

I *could* have just nuked him to oblivion with a mage or dragon, but i was curious and went with my unmerged, unbuffed +Atk / -HP Hrid to attack him. With both, Hrids weapon effect and B-skill active, Brunny survived with 29 HP and chopped down my Hrid to 7 HP ... for a healer, that's impressive. Moreso for a cav healer.

Bonejack teach the kids how to play! Maybe they can help with the nicknames!

Nah, first FE my kids get to play is a mainline one. They're not allowed to play with either mine or the Mrs. smartphones, don't have to tell you that the eldest doesn't even share it's phone with them.

Also, junior is going to discover anime-fanservice on his own soon enough when he's a horny teenage boy, no need for me to hasten that, at all. ;]

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did a push on this year's bunny banner, and I got Bruno... after getting a Surtr and five 5* off-focus reds. Four of which are year 1s and pretty much useless (Lyn, original Ike, Saber, Gray), and the other one is a useless year 2 (Leif).

#PurgeTheFiveStarPool
Lyn can be decent but takes heavy investment (Brazen Atk/Spd, Wrath, upgraded prf) and needs to take a hit to get in range for all of her skills to activate. I also pulled an original Ike going for Spring Palla, though, and don't know what to do with him. I could fodder heavy blade but that's a seal now and would take the place of a better A skill.

I do hope that we get some demotions in the next update. I don't think they'll demote all of the original 5*-only units (e.g. Hector - no way are they demoting him) but there are so many that have been since outclassed (e.g. original Lucina) since that there's no reason they should be 5* exclusive anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Lyn is a lot of fun to use, hunting for that first fight to get into range then going to town on the rest of the map. I get as much mileage out of her as I do my +SPD Karla. The difference being that Karla takes a lot less effort to get going.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Spring 2017 banner has started on March 30 and March 31 the previous years, I wouldn't discount a rerun yet.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'm wondering if the new mode Roy is getting tear 1 seasonals. Festive grails? 🤔

But, the number of banners datamined hit a very specific number (six) which meant either we get spring 1 rerun and a single VG banner, or two VG banners but not doing 1. To the best of my knowledge, there is only one VG that has a single banner and wasn't associated with the current banner, that being fated battles.

But, we'll see. Year 2 rerun is also the TT banner.

Edit : as stated in the post above, it's possible spring 1 will rerun after the legendary banner.

Oct 25, 2017
Askr: "The king is dead! Hordes of dead soldiers are invading the kingdom!"
Embla: "Our princess is dressing like a rabbit, and our prince still literally can't keep his shirt on."

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Askr: "The king is dead! Hordes of dead soldiers are invading the kingdom!"
Embla: "Our princess is dressing like a rabbit, and our prince still literally can't keep his shirt on."

Ah you know, gotta take things easy sometimes. Remember when Askr was raided by a literal fire god that burned everyone and the land alive? Yeah, perfect time for the Fonse and Sharena to hit up some bunny ears and fight with an egg and a huge spoon they probably stole from Effie.

Also, don't blame Bruno. Maybe the spontaneous shirt-splosions are this mystery condition he's trying to get informations about!

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
While I'm glad my Jugdral defense team is getting wins I don't get how T22 players keep missing the rally trap.

I guess they're so used to rally traps using guidance shenanigans they don't think it's there.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
But, the number of banners datamined hit a very specific number (six) which meant either we get spring 1 rerun and a single VG banner, or two VG banners but not doing 1. To the best of my knowledge, there is only one VG that has a single banner and wasn't associated with the current banner, that being fated battles.

But, we'll see. Year 2 rerun is also the TT banner

One way around it is if the voting gauntlet is a bunny thing, say y2 Vs y3, they won't need another specific voting gauntlet banner, though o think they did y2 Vs y1 last year and might not want to repeat the theme.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
One way around it is if the voting gauntlet is a bunny thing, say y2 Vs y3, they won't need another specific voting gauntlet banner, though o think they did y2 Vs y1 last year and might not want to repeat the theme.
The event calender explicitly confirms a VG banner, so that's not possible.

Basically y2 Vs y3 doesn't work since it leaves two datamined banner slots unfilled and is inconsistent with event calendar.

A y1/2/3 bunnynonza VG theme doesn't work since it leaves one datamine banner slot unfilled.

Y1 rerun and VG theme with one banner, like Fated Battle, is consistent but unlikely.

Two VG banners and no Y1 rerun or post-mythic banner rerun is consistent and most likely based on past VG trends (where one banner occurs only if it involves a new banner).

Last edited:

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
One thing I appreciate about our ERA OT is that most of you actually discuss game mechanics and character builds, etc

I fucking despise the FEH subreddit, because it's literally 95% fan art, humor, or meme bullshit. Who the heck likes that crap?? And why do the moderators of such a big game's subreddit allow it that way? I can't find crap for actual game mechanic/characters discussion

They should make a separate Fire Emblem fanart subreddit

And before you say use the filters, they don't seem to work. Or I don't know how to use them. I click the Content Filters links on the right-side bar "No Fan Art" or "No Art/Memes", but it's still filled with fan art or humor posts and doesn't seem to change at all

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
One thing I appreciate about our ERA OT is that most of you actually discuss game mechanics and character builds, etc

I fucking despise the FEH subreddit, because it's literally 95% fan art, humor, or meme bullshit. Who the heck likes that crap?? And why do the moderators of such a big game's subreddit allow it that way? I can't find crap for actual game mechanic/characters discussion

They should make a separate Fire Emblem fanart subreddit

And before you say use the filters, they don't seem to work. Or I don't know how to use them. I click the Content Filters links on the right-side bar "No Fan Art" or "No Art/Memes", but it's still filled with fan art or humor posts and doesn't seem to change at all
There is another one that is for game discussion only /r/OrderOfHeroes
It's much less populated, though.

Also, several popular FEtubers have their own discords with different channels for general discussion, builds, fan art, etc.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There is another one that is for game discussion only /r/OrderOfHeroes
It's much less populated, though.

Also, several popular FEtubers have their own discords with different channels for general discussion, builds, fan art, etc.
Can confirm that the "No FanArt" button on r/FireEmblemHeroes randomly stopped working on Monday.
ah ok, I only tried clicking those filters yesterday for the first time, so that's just bad timing I guess

I wasn't sure if I had to do something special on reddit to get those filters to work, because I don't know how to use reddit that well since I rarely visit it

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
kNtQUgr.jpg

Prayers answered. 🖤

Middling nature (+HP/-SPD), but I'm very pleased to finally have the original FEH bara Daddy. I might try for another nature later on, but I'll wait and see what the Mythic banner is first. Thanks to everyone that was cheering for me. 💁‍♂️

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
kNtQUgr.jpg

Prayers answered. 🖤

Middling nature (+HP/-SPD), but I'm very pleased to finally have the original FEH bara Daddy. I might try for another nature later on, but I'll wait and see what the Mythic banner is first. Thanks to everyone that was cheering for me. 💁‍♂️

Congrats!
Now if only I could get him too. (please)

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Congrats Hours Left!

And having went through the the spring paralouge, it's funny how Spring Veronica, Bruno and Loki are quite litterally the same ones but dressed as bunnies rather than literal alternate versions!

And 5/7 abyssal maps done. Damn I've been on a roll! Ursula's was probably the toughest for me to figure out so far, but once again benefited from Surtr destroying the map.

Skill inheritance for him is just the "good-far-armor units" swap and having the distant defense seal.

B!Veronica for the the usual healing and windfire balm buffs.

Vanilla Cecilia with Luna to deal with one of the ninjas. Also had drive def seal and had her with the spur def 2 on her c slot though not sure how much that combination benefited Surtr.

And NY!Azura to allow B!Veronica to heal Surtr and sing to get her out of the way of ranged units and has drive res seal.

That just leaves Michalis and Xander abyssal maps.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Prayers answered. 🖤

Congrats on getting exploding shirt man.

I've been skipping seasonal banners for a while because I seem to have better luck on legendary/mythic banners for getting seasonals, not so much for actually getting legendary or mythic heroes.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ah well, there's the 2017 re-run. But i totally forgot that Bunnymilla shares focus, and i don't have many orbs, so only the free pull it was. Aaaaand only red and colorless orbs. Wow. 3* Raigh, what a get.

I think i'm up for another no pull month in April again. Doing just the free pull and nothing else. Rather work on some 3* - 4* available projects. Not getting the Dark/Astra mythical will suck, but those return on a schedule and since i'm in T21 AR already, there's no big need for me to get this one right on first release.

Hours Left *Exploding shirt high five*

His Spd isn't great to begin with, HP makes him more tanky, so i think the IVs really are okay. I've made a post yesterday about my experience with an enemy +10 Brunny. Dude survives stuff.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
@Hours Left *Exploding shirt high five*

His Spd isn't great to begin with, HP makes him more tanky, so i think the IVs really are okay. I've made a post yesterday about my experience with an enemy +10 Brunny. Dude survives stuff.
Thanks.

It's an alright nature, I just wanted that super perfect Bruno after waiting so long. He'll still be showered with love, dragon flowers, and premium skills. (And I'll deffo try for more merges too.)

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh great, another fucking cheater in AR. Seriously what's wrong with the game in this case, and why is it always people with Kanji/Katakana nicknames?
Reason i know it's a cheater? Unmerged, unbuffed, fortress disadvantage Ethlyn suvives a doubling attack with 1 HP from my +1 Eir, Atk buffed (no debuff or another disadvantage) with 1 fortress level stat buffs. And no, the Ethlyn didn't have Mircale, had Heavenly Light. Also no stat raising skills or seals outside of Atk +3 on her A-slot, seal was Live to Serve.

And i lost the match because Ethlyn didn't die and i ran out of turns. There must be an easier solution for reporting such people without writing feedback to CS. ... How low of an ego do you need to cheat in FEH?

Thanks.

It's an alright nature, I just wanted that super perfect Bruno after waiting so long. He'll still be showered with love, dragon flowers, and premium skills. (And I'll deffo try for more merges too.)

Let's hope merges aren't as shy as the main one.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, dang, free pull on the original spring banner turned out to be a Julia. My first one ever. Happens to be -atk, but I suppose that doesn't much matter as an L!Tiki counter in AA.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, dang, free pull on the original spring banner turned out to be a Julia. My first one ever. Happens to be -atk, but I suppose that doesn't much matter as an L!Tiki counter in AA.

Shouldn't, but keep in mind that the whales who field her have Fortress Def/Res on her, together with her special C-skill and enough merged/Res boon she might just survive somehow.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Oh great, another fucking cheater in AR. Seriously what's wrong with the game in this case, and why is it always people with Kanji/Katakana nicknames?
Reason i know it's a cheater? Unmerged, unbuffed, fortress disadvantage Ethlyn suvives a doubling attack with 1 HP from my +1 Eir, Atk buffed (no debuff or another disadvantage) with 1 fortress level stat buffs. And no, the Ethlyn didn't have Mircale, had Heavenly Light. Also no stat raising skills or seals outside of Atk +3 on her A-slot, seal was Live to Serve.

And i lost the match because Ethlyn didn't die and i ran out of turns. There must be an easier solution for reporting such people without writing feedback to CS. ... How low of an ego do you need to cheat in FEH?

Let's hope merges aren't as shy as the main one.

Honestly, I rarely even bother to check skills, much less stats so I wouldn't know if I have played against a cheater.
Today, I faced a team with both Ophelia and Sonya with her new refine, plus L!Azura, Veronica, and I don't remember who else. There was no way to beat them without losing units so I lost my second use of the escape ladder this week. I may need to upgrade it.

Pity broken by Zelgius.

Can we please purge Fir from the fucking hero pool?
I was gonna say not until I can +10 her but I already have enough copies :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.