• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
That looks like Genny with a basket and marshmallows in a stick, which means its probably not Genny cause IS forgot Valentia was a thing

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, left is either Genny, or maybe Ophelia because of that little streak of hair on the top. But i'm absolutely certain that this is a marshmallow-related weapon, so i'm with Jadow .

Right one could be a guy, maybe Karel or Navarre ... although the arm and the dress on it looks more like a dress for a girl. If they stay in Valentia, maybe it's Clair or Mathilda without their usual headgear? Faye, Mae and Delthea have a too different hairstyle, imo, and for Sonya the chest isn't ridiculously large enough.

Of course, could be another new hero introduced via a seasonal, like Charlotte, Noire or Greil.

And also, remember the Greils Devoted teaser? Everyone saw the sword and was like "That's Tyrfing, Seliph or Sigurd confirmed" (me included ^^) ... and in the end it was Ike with a nameless sword which's silhouette just looks like Tyrfing. ^^

Last edited:

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
For the first time ever I'm hoping these aren't Valentia alts.
I've finally managed to get good about saving orbs for Brave Alm but if that is Genny on the left then my saved orbs are getting wiped out.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I've long since given up on the prospect of a Sonya with better art (and something closer to her actual proportions) but it'd still be nice to get a version of her that looks okay...

To be fair, she's been presented as rather busty in all official arts for Echoes and even in Gaiden's art pics. Just took at look at them at the Fire Emblem Fandom wiki. So even if her FEH art wasn't even more busty than the official game artworks, i think it's pretty clear that the hero on the right of the teaser can't be her. ^^

But yeah, they went a bit over the target with her FEH artwork.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Goddammit I'm not ready for a Genny alt. Why do you do this to me IS. And I'm sure I won't be able to get her...

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Down to two Heroic Ordeals left. Raigh and Lissa, but the ones i have in my pool really have shitty boons. Oh well, i can wait, it's not that those two are somehow rare.

This also means, outside of new banners (and luck), my only source for Dragonflowers are the two ~40 flowers rewards from AR, until the new mode drops in 10 days.

Oct 25, 2017
Nine orbs later, I got a 5* Abel, and my first Silas! (at 3*)
Guess I gotta pony up the 20K feathers for my final 5* Peri. I really got to stop these impulse pulls.

Down to two Heroic Ordeals left. Raigh and Lissa, but the ones i have in my pool really have shitty boons. Oh well, i can wait, it's not that those two are somehow rare.

This also means, outside of new banners (and luck), my only source for Dragonflowers are the two ~40 flowers rewards from AR, until the new mode drops in 10 days.
New TT & GHB units are 40 flowers too. It's slow as hell, but better than nothing!

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The biggest problem with the flowers is how few we get from current modes, even with the upcoming new arena, they could really do with doubling the amount from aether raids and that arena, presuming the amount given was accurate in the video.

I don't think I've even looked at the menu past the time I used flowers on Reinhardt and brave Lyn.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I still have all Dragonflowers for each movement type i've earned so far ... same goes for the Hero Grails. ^^

Guess the reason is both times that i can't decide on whom i want to use them.

Do i want a +10 Aversa for AR? Or do i want the final merges for Maskcina? Or do i want to make a Valter project? How about Santa Cecilia? Or Laegjarn, cause i like her?
Same for the flowers, do i want to push my +10 heroes even more? Use them efficiently to buff many heroes only in certain stats (and HP ...)?

Decisions, decisions.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Any bets for the M:F ratio?
I think IS will be a bit bold this time and do a 2:3 instead of 1:4

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I won't venture a guess on the m/f ratio (don't really care personally), but I expect the 4-person banners to continue based on recent history. I think IS is trying to increase orb spend per focus unit.

Oct 25, 2017
I still have all Dragonflowers for each movement type i've earned so far ... same goes for the Hero Grails. ^^

Guess the reason is both times that i can't decide on whom i want to use them.

Do i want a +10 Aversa for AR? Or do i want the final merges for Maskcina? Or do i want to make a Valter project? How about Santa Cecilia? Or Laegjarn, cause i like her?
Same for the flowers, do i want to push my +10 heroes even more? Use them efficiently to buff many heroes only in certain stats (and HP ...)?

Decisions, decisions.
You should +10 Aversa because she deserves it

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Let's just see if this Leo alt isn't that bad. He's probably been done dirty the most out of any unit.

Just wish most of the AR skills weren't locked behind seasonal units.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Since when did those two hate furry creatures?

I mean to be fair, Mia and Nowi certainly didn't ride broomsticks beforehand either. Don't think alts follow a precedence, for which canon material doesn't apply.

Edit: And considering it's picnic themed, couldn't be more appropriate for Felicia and Flora to have weapons to fend off Yogi Bear, if he ever attempts to steal their pic-a-nic baskets!

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Leo is definitely going to continue his pattern of being absolutely terrible too, isn't he?

Also making haar really crap with a generic weapon to introduce anti beast weapons at the very next opportunity? Come on.

Lukas was in Echoes?
I can't decide who was more bland, the Deliverance or the Dawn Brigade.

At least the deliverance didn't have to compete with the Greil mercenaries in the same game.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not the twins that hate beasts, it's the weapons themselves.
Sæhrímnir is named after the beast that is cooked every night by Andhrímnir, a cook in Valhalla.
Eldhrímnir is named after the cauldron that Sæhrímnir is cooked in.

Here represented by a fruit knife and sauce pan. 🤷

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looking over the skills now, I couldn't be less interested.

Some of the art is cute. That's about it.
Not even lukas?
It's not the twins that hate beasts, it's the weapons themselves.
Sæhrímnir is named after the beast that is cooked every night by Andhrímnir, a cook in Valhalla.
Eldhrímnir is named after the cauldron that Sæhrímnir is cooked in.

Here represented by a fruit knife and sauce pan. 🤷
But why give it to felicia and a nobody like Flora?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Let's just see if this Leo alt isn't that bad. He's probably been done dirty the most out of any unit.

He's a free ranged cavalier with 40hp in the trailer. For comparison, valentine titania had 145bst. Leo therefore probably has about 105 points between his other 4 stats. Unless his weapon is Dire picnic baskets, or he's seriously minmaxed , he's buggered once again.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck AR-only skills. Banner is meh but Felicia deserved an alt way more than most Fates royals.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to lie, I prefer the theming of this banner over the likes of Summer, Brides and especially fucking Hot Springs but it's still nowhere interesting enough to get me excited about alts. Flora is the most boring character to get an alt for some time now.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I ... freaking love the theme of this seasonal banner, actually. Dunno why, i'm not even big on camping. ^^

Also nice that IS continues to give seasonal alts to less popular heroes. So, there we have the first anti-beast weapons, this will hit Caineghis most, since he "no weakness" build with Svalinn Shield is no more. Though a blue weapon would've been nice for Keaton and Tibarn. Here's hoping that Camp-Tomato also has an anti-beast weapon.

It's still no pull April for me, but i guess i'll give it a try for Flora and Felicia in May. Would've prefered anything else but a cav healer for Genny though.

Btw: IS ... giving Felicia a pot of boiling water is not super effective against beasts. It's super effective against everything! Fear for your lives heroes, the one who constantly drops things now has boiling water to drop on you.

BHB return was super easy. Trinity-Brazen Fonse survives anything not magical.

Question about Oboro, Def or Res boon as the boon to go? Right now i havea 4* +Def one, and i'm looking at her for a 5* +10 infantry lance project. Would go for her prf weapon with the special refinement and keep her as an enemy phase tank.

The AR blessing system kind of compromises the idea of making a +10 Aversa unless you wanna use your weekly blessings on her. I have no interest in Aversa as a character, but for AR, I did make two 5* Aversas, one for Light season and another for the eventual Astra season.
You should +10 Aversa because she deserves it

This_is_ResetEra.gif

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Poor Lukas. Really liked this character in Echoes. He doesn't deserve both his original and his alt versions to be so terrible in terms of art. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.