• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I was bored yerterday and had stamina to burn so I did this:

33hYTSGh.png

I had something like 20 Titania manuals but fortunately one of my 3 remaining Titanias had OK asset/flaw.
I might user for AR so I gaver her a Light Blessing.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
My condolences.

I'd rate Shiro the new Mist on new heroes and new special heroes banners. Never seen a unit outclassed so hard.

There's Leif making him company. Probably the most underwhelming 5* infantry sword still in the pool. He basically offers nothing of value for fodder, his light brand is pretty sad, his stats are meh compared to other infantry sword units, his recovery skill is kind of useful for consecutive maps, I guess. And of course, since he sucks, he's my usual red pity breaker.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
what's a good A-skill for a +SPD Brave Veronica?

I was going to use Swift Sparrow, but then for some reason she can't inherit it?

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Upcoming bonus heroes:

RQpmGvs.jpg

Perhaps Bartre will be my savior. I can merge him up to +5 or +6 I think, and he's got a nice built-in anti armor weapon already.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Finally beaten all book II chain challenges with the one combining chapters 9 and 10.

Tried it twice with the following starting team (actually reached it up to the 10th map on the 2nd attempt).

Hríd w/ reposition and ED Wave 3 seal
L!Azura with Moonbow and Guidance 3 seal
OG!Nino with prf refine, draconic aura, and the fury desperation combo
And Eiriana Grande (couldn't resist lol) w/ just the drive res 2 seal

2nd team consisting of Mareeta, L!Ephraim, Flying Nino and my other Eir took care of the rest of the scraps in map 10!

Managed the 11 and 12 challenge as well about 2 nights ago on my first try in awhile. Surtr (swap and DD3 seal), Bowcina (Moonbow, Harding bearing (if it did much impact that is), and ATK/RES link), Aversa (draw back and ER Wave Seal) and B!Veronica (just with Savage Blow seal) did wonders for the last 3 maps; it was my last team before game over, no less! The enemy Lewyn and Jamke couldn't leave much of a dent on That Guy!

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Bit of an odd question - just realized that I have two different Nintendo accounts, one on the Switch, one linked to this. Any way for me to change the linked account without losing all my stuff?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I sorry for being negative but the left one looks like a child bride again
Anyway the right one looks like a groom so there is still hope for this not being a mess

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
So this year we definitely be getting a groom on the summoning pool. Something about the hair on the groom makes me want to guess it's Seliph, but not really hopeful on that.

Some people are guessing Fjorm on the left. Which would be sad for me, because it's just not feasible for me to get seasonal these days.

Another guess for the right silhouette is Pent from Blazing Blade.

Now that just leaves the question of the free unit that we are getting for the TT.

Edit: And caught up to all chain challenges. Having the initial beast lineup proved to be the ultimate boon for completing book 3: chapters 5/6 on lunatic and that was only my 2nd team! Would mostly stall to allow Reyson and Leanne to heal Tibarn and Nailah.

Edit 2: Hardest map on the last earth grounds challenge was definitely the 2nd map, which involves BK, BIke, Elincia, Oscar, and Bruno. Tried brainstorming with picnic Leo, and both OG and picnic Lukas. Ultimately picnic Lukas managed to hold off Oscar and Elincia on his own.

3rd map didn't take much effort since it was one of last year's summer maps, which had Linde and Camilla.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I sorry for being negative but the left one looks like a child bride again
Anyway the right one looks like a groom so there is still hope for this not being a mess
I agree with Strider, the left one seems like Fjorm to me. Roughly the same hairstyle, similar earrings and the same ice crystal effect around her.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Yup it's Fjorm.

Everyone else is otherwise a new unit looks like. Louise will be the free TT unit; will be a free bow cavalier.

I guess the theme here is units with swift sparrow built into weapons.

Fjorm is a 3rd flying healer. And is the one with a prf weapon; the 3rd one to be in the form of a staff no less! Apparently has a new skill build in called Isolation. It disabled assist skills lol! Another new skill she has is Ground Orders, which grants any non-flying adjacent allies the ability to move to a space adjacent to any another ally within two spaces. Definitely the star of this banner!

Tanith - yet another lance flyer lol!

Sigrun - another sword flyer. And has another AR-specific skill. Bleh!

Pent - has a new skill called Pulse Smoke, unique in that it give +1 extra special cooldown

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Only one groom is lame. And I do want Sigrun, but not like this.

That's three new unit banners in a row I'm skipping. Too bad the Legendary banners are such orb sinks.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, every new weapon except Fjorm's has swift sparrow, while Fjorm works like Loki's weapon, inflicting a new status called Isolation, which is basically a null assist. Any unit with isolation cannot use of receive assist skills, which means it can completely shut down dancers.

Fjorms C is like Air-Orders, but for non-flying units.

Pent's C is a (much) weaker version of HMia Staff.

And finally, Tanith's Assist is a Harsh Command that can also revert effects like Panic.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
So, every new weapon except Fjorm's has swift sparrow, while Fjorm works like Loki's weapon, inflicting a new status called Isolation, which is basically a null assist. Any unit with isolation cannot use of receive assist skills, which means it can completely shut down dancers.

Fjorms C is like Air-Orders, but for non-flying units.

Pent's C is a (much) weaker version of HMia Staff.

And finally, Tanith's Assist is a Harsh Command that can also revert effects like Panic.

I though HC+ was new; trailer made no indication it was such.

And Bride Fjorm is definitely going to be the broken unit out of the bunch! Thankful her weapon isn't inheritable!

Last edited:

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
So... Pent and Tanith are both blue, huh.

It has been 0 new unit banners without a colorshare

Though between this and 2017's Bridal, if I don't come out of this with at least three Desperations I'm gonna be pissed.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Tanith and Sigrun were a huge surprise. Wasn't even sure they were getting into FEH and then, bam, brides. I guess they really do follow Sanaki around.

Whohoo Pent and Louise. Pulse Smoke looks dope, perfect for screwing with some of those bunched up Infantry Pulse teams in AR. If I weren't in saving mode, I would definitely go for him. Tanith sharing color with him is super duper mean, IS knows the whales will try to get that skill.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'll be honest, the fact so many skills and units here (namely Fjorm's prf staff and Pulse Smoke 3, but Harsh Command+ to a lesser extent) feel like IntSys is selling you solutions to problems they created... really does not sit well with me.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty easy skip banner for me, and thank god. I spent pretty much every orb I had on the last couple banners. I really need to start saving for CYL3.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Man imagine the trouble of having to complete the bridal maps on lunatic without depending on reposition. Especially when they show up on Squad Assault and Chain Challenges. Least we don't have to worry about those maps showing up on Blessed Gardens now.

Last edited:
Bridal Fjorm for me, the others will be icing if I pull.

I would've preferred to get a Bridal Gunnthrá, but I love Fjorm as well anyways.

...Now give me a Summer Hríd, IS. That's all I'm asking for - he can be either a Red infantry archer or a Red cavalry archer if you want to keep him on a mount...

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
PENT

AND

LOUISE

*throws all of his money at the game*

Of all of the characters I want, pent is at the top and it breaks my heart that I won't get him.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Last edited:

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
If it wasn't for Fjorm this would be the first seasonal banner where I have no idea who anyone is, which is good because it means it's an easy skip and I can use the orbs from the paralogue and tempest trial to continue trying to get Berkut.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
A seasonal banner with all new units save for one? That must be a new thing.

While i absolutely would want Sigrun and Tanith, because Tellius - fuck yeah -, i'm sure i don't want another lance flier or sword flier. Though sword flier ranks aren't as stuffed as lance fliers', from my imagination, so Sigrun would be *ok*.
And blue also has a freaking color share. It's either the lance fliers with there being a shitload alreary, or a blue cav mage, with there being a lot already AND Reinhardt. Plus we just had a blue cav mage from the Valentines banner.

What i would want is a new axe flier already. The last one was Haar, and before him, Summer Innes from nearly a year ago. Thing is, both aren't in the regular summoning pool. Compared to lance fliers, we had HotRyoma, BunnyMarisa (Mareaster?), Thea, Sumia and Shigure, with the last three being in the summoning pool. Sword fliers were Laegjarn, Oliviair, Ryoma again, and NYGunnthra and NYHrid, Laegjarn and Oliviair summonable.

Also, what's with infantry missing in seasonal banners for a long time now? Last new seasonal banner with infantry heroes was Festival in Hoshido. And before that Noire in the first 2018 summer banner.

Guess i only try for Fjorm, maybe Sigrun if there're no colorless orbs.

Maybe i should start moving to save mode for Brave Camilla. I somehow expected IS to really irk the fanbase again with a Camilla alt in the bridal banner, but they seemed to have realized that there's too much at a point even for people who like her. Only thing that could lead me to really mass pull again would be a Summer Tharja.

Or Volke and Flavia.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If it wasn't for Fjorm this would be the first seasonal banner where I have no idea who anyone is, which is good because it means it's an easy skip and I can use the orbs from the paralogue and tempest trial to continue trying to get Berkut.
Wait do you know someone in the Valentines banner but doesnt know who Tanith and Sigrun are despite they being from the same games?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only really excited to give bridelia SwSp bow, though I'll keep the other Louise around I'm sure. Bride Fjorm has a coolass weapon and I dont mind Fjorm so I kindve want.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Will the 2019 brides be the Brides of Doom or the Brides of Victory for Shaymin? Tune in tomorrow.

AR this week was fun. Basically lost all but 4 def matches, and i got a lot. Yet i only lost 60 Lift in total. Why, you ask? Simple, because only two of all those attackers managed to survive with less than 3 defeats. And since the max Lift loss i can have is 60, losing 3 attackers to my def team means i don't lose a single point of Lift, but am still save for that 24 hours timeframe. ^^

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they start adding the regular versions of those alt-firsts characters soon. Charlotte, Noire, Hardin, Greil, Mareeta, and now these four.
I like Pent and Louise, but can't bring myself to spend orbs chasing a seasonal character. At least Louise is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.