• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Took the leap of faith and got Fjorm! Yes! My first flying healer too! Took me 45 orbs sniping colorless. HP+/DEF-, which should benefit her weapon better! And only 104 orbs to spare for the mythic banner!

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Took the leap of faith and got Fjorm! Yes! My first flying healer too! Took me 45 orbs sniping colorless. HP+/DEF-, which should benefit her weapon better! And only 104 orbs to spare for the mythic banner!
only 45 orbs to get a good stat Fjorm??

u always seem to be super lucky in all ur pulls, jeezz u never have bad luck seems like

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
First day of AR 21 went surprisingly okay. Got a little lucky and got hit by only -20, and managed +160 in my 2 offense battles. The second one had a nasty L!Alm setup where I just gave up and sacrificed Ophelia to get rid of him. +80 is good enough.

Do all of the people who move up to Tier 22+ battle people in the higher tiers later this week? Or are we all in the same pool of matchups?

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Do all of the people who move up to Tier 22+ battle people in the higher tiers later this week? Or are we all in the same pool of matchups?
I believe its lift based. I remember the first guy to reach T21 could not even play AR after the reset, because he was the only T21 player, even though there were T20 players.

If its still like that, its possible you can only fight people within a certain lift range around yours

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
First day of AR 21 went surprisingly okay. Got a little lucky and got hit by only -20, and managed +160 in my 2 offense battles. The second one had a nasty L!Alm setup where I just gave up and sacrificed Ophelia to get rid of him. +80 is good enough.

It's tier-based (i.e. t22 fight people in t22 only, t23 in t23 only, etc.), which means a new strategic element in T21 happens: when you spend your aether. Obviously, never hold more than 180 before rollover. But it does mean if you do very well, matches in the week tend to get harder; save your rematches for the end since they can potentially be easier.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Bridal Tharja re-run. Man, i wish she was in the regular pool. Could be an amazing red mage. Banner even gave me one on my free pull! ... A regular 4*, that is. Not really needed, since i have a 5* +10 one from an earlier merge project.

I'm still not too convinced about the next mythic hero being Naga, if the leaked skill name is for a weapon. Of course, could be for an A/B/C skill, or even an assist. The upcoming mythic will be Astra, right? Always imagined Naga would be a Light hero, since FEH is missing the Divine element that the Tellius games had.

Oh well, i won't complain if it is Naga. Probably going to be colorless again?

Berkut

Oct 25, 2017
B!Ninian is finally done. I got 9 of her trying to pull for L'Ephraim (and another copy from the anniversary banner) so I decided to +10 her. Took ~80 Orbs today.

Screenshot_20190522-073151.png

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I'm still not too convinced about the next mythic hero being Naga, if the leaked skill name is for a weapon. Of course, could be for an A/B/C skill, or even an assist. The upcoming mythic will be Astra, right? Always imagined Naga would be a Light hero, since FEH is missing the Divine element that the Tellius games had.

Oh well, i won't complain if it is Naga. Probably going to be colorless again?

Well the next Mythic is going to be Light more than likely and I'm sure they've already got all those heroes already worked out so I wouldn't be suprsised if they accidentally leaked heroes that was months away... especially with how many unintended leaks FEH has had over the years.

I'm expecting Naga but I'm hoping to be suprised.... would like to see a Cav Astra Mythic so I can run a horse emblem team + Reyson (if I ever get him) for Astra season.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well the next Mythic is going to be Light more than likely and I'm sure they've already got all those heroes already worked out so I wouldn't be suprsised if they accidentally leaked heroes that was months away... especially with how many unintended leaks FEH has had over the years.

I'm expecting Naga but I'm hoping to be suprised.... would like to see a Cav Astra Mythic so I can run a horse emblem team + Reyson (if I ever get him) for Astra season.

It's going to be a Light one? Gosh darn, i wish IS would at least have a hero for each mythical element before starting to add "elemental dupes" ...

Naga would mean another 180 bst dragon and I dont want that

Given what the mythical heroes were so far, it's rather easy to accept that a majority of those will be dragons. There's not too much options that would qualify as a mythical hero and being anything else. Without thinking too much, the only god-being that would not be a dragon would be Ashera, and if they do the merged form, Ashunera. Maybe Athos and Nergal.

The rest? Naga, dragon. Medeus, dragon. (Assuming he qualifies) Dheginsea, dragon (laguz). Mila, dragon. Anankos, dragon. Loptyr, dragon.

Guess maybe Hel will be another mythical hero when Book 3 is done, but that's about more than half a year to go until then.

And whatever Three Houses brings.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be a Light one? Gosh darn, i wish IS would at least have a hero for each mythical element before starting to add "elemental dupes" ...

Given what the mythical heroes were so far, it's rather easy to accept that a majority of those will be dragons. There's not too much options that would qualify as a mythical hero and being anything else. Without thinking too much, the only god-being that would not be a dragon would be Ashera, and if they do the merged form, Ashunera. Maybe Athos and Nergal.

The rest? Naga, dragon. Medeus, dragon. (Assuming he qualifies) Dheginsea, dragon (laguz). Mila, dragon. Anankos, dragon. Loptyr, dragon.

Guess maybe Hel will be another mythical hero when Book 3 is done, but that's about more than half a year to go until then.

And whatever Three Houses brings.
Still wont excuse her being a trainee/armor

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Also, Naga doesn't have to be an armoured dragon. Flier and infantry are just as likely, and that would lock her out of the highest BST bin.

Oct 25, 2017
So I've mentioned before I made an Alt Account just to try and build a +10 Bride Tharja. Figured I'd never +10 a 5* exclusive on my main, so i'd try it on an alt.

Made the account when bride banner released last year, managed with newbie orbs to pull 3 copies...that was it. I ended up with more bride sanaki some how...

When Tharja showed up on legendary banner, I free pulled her. That was pretty nuts.

Rest of the year goes by and I saved up 1298 orbs on this account, with a ton of story incomplete if I needed it. So at the weee hours of 3AM I awoke and couldnt fall back asleep, so I decided to pull

I got all 7, and when no red showed up I ended up with 2 Sanaki. 9 5*s, 0 off banner. The total Orb Count: 287...thats it

So what to do now...I had 1011 orbs left on this account. Well fallen banner is still going, guess I pull for skills for Tharja

40 orbs later:

The moral of the story, dont make alt accounts, they steal all the luck from your main.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

Oh no, I meant the next one after the Astra Mythic is more than likely going to be Light, since Eir was the first mythic it would make sense to start out at Light again... but who knows what they do.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Just faced a +10 BFjorm in AR ... messed up positioning in one turn and my dancers ate her debuff. One one hand, that was nasty, on the other hand, it was beautiful.

I think i'll go with my +HP one over the +Spd one. Spd can be buffed after all, HP can't. ^^

Oh no, I meant the next one after the Astra Mythic is more than likely going to be Light, since Eir was the first mythic it would make sense to start out at Light again... but who knows what they do.

I see. Hoping for an Astra one myself, just because Duma weeks are so painfully dull in terms of offense.

After that, they're free to go with whatever rotation they want. Just have all elements decked out first.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
It'll almost surely be Astra. Iirc, Astra is more accurately translated as heavenly, and well, Naga is about as heavenly as you can get.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
It's tier-based (i.e. t22 fight people in t22 only, t23 in t23 only, etc.), which means a new strategic element in T21 happens: when you spend your aether. Obviously, never hold more than 180 before rollover. But it does mean if you do very well, matches in the week tend to get harder; save your rematches for the end since they can potentially be easier.
It's not by tier, it's within a certain amount of lift, and that delaying strategy should work in every tier for easier matches.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It'll definitely be astra element next. I guess it's Naga from that leak though they could maybe go with Mila which would be a suitable counter part to Duma (and still have the whole fang made in to a falchion thing that Naga does, with the implication from that skill). Not convinced they'd go for two from the same game so early, especially not for Echoes of all games.

edit: Nevermind, I misremembered and the valentian falchion was also from Nagas fang, rather than Mila

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It'll almost surely be Astra. Iirc, Astra is more accurately translated as heavenly, and well, Naga is about as heavenly as you can get.

Doesn't help that IS tinkered around with the affinities often enough to not really have a set standard. ^^

Original ones had Anima, but neither Astra or Divine/Heavenly, iirc. Tellius game were different, didn't have Anima, but Light, Dark and Heavenly/Divine.

It'll definitely be astra element next. I guess it's Naga from that leak though they could maybe go with Mila which would be a suitable counter part to Duma (and still have the whole fang made in to a falchion thing that Naga does, with the implication from that skill). Not convinced they'd go for two from the same game so early, especially not for Echoes of all games.

After how they're literally pouring out Tellius chars, having Mila this close to Duma and just after a Valentia legendary isn't completely out of the question, imo.

Though i somehow expected the roles switched, Duma as the war-mongering offensive mythic, Mila as the protective def mythic.

Oct 25, 2017
still kindve ridiculous to have that BTharja on alt account. I was gonna stop using the account and just pull skills for her (ive now went ahead an pulled a second Mareeta so she has FB4 and NFU), but I think ill also continue to grab orbs and try and +10 a Winter Tharja as well.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Grand Conquest is such a grind. I made it to Tier 18 and am just like, ehhhhhhhhh. That's enough. I'm on a pretty bad Corrin team too for Round 3.

Banked 300 orbs, hoping for a great Astra unit when the trailer drops.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I should be saving orbs for the Mythic banner, but I blew some trying for a BTharja merge. Instead, I got my first Katarina, a second Idunn (+DEF) and a second Elise (+SPD) when I finished up the circle.
That might have been my first non-8% triple pull, though they all ended up non-focus units. My weird luck is fluctuating.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ah man, an encore Tap Battle ... this is literally the worst game mode. The reruns, that is. New ones are ok, anything that gives me free orbs is though. ^^

The mythic hero is scheduled for May 30th, right? That's still pretty far off. Any speculations what other heroes we might see on this banner?

Grand Conquest is such a grind. I made it to Tier 18 and am just like, ehhhhhhhhh. That's enough. I'm on a pretty bad Corrin team too for Round 3.

Banked 300 orbs, hoping for a great Astra unit when the trailer drops.

I reached Tier 25 last evening, and i basically only did the three matches for the quests on a rounds first day, one in the morning after the stamina was filled up again, and 2-4 in the evening after the stamina was full again using a few Conquest Lances. When i reached Tier 25, i was still having 12 (!) of those Lances left.

Only did the highest difficulty matches, and believe me, i didn't win the map very often. Win in terms of destroying the enemy castle or even capturing all bases.

Don't think it's too much of a grind reaching the highest Tier rank ... and a free orb is a free orb! ^^

Now if you want to score a high army rank, that's a grind, agreeing with you there.

Last edited:

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Ah man, an encore Tap Battle ... this is literally the worst game mode. The reruns, that is. New ones are ok, anything that gives me free orbs is though. ^^

The mythic hero is scheduled for May 30th, right? That's still pretty far off. Any speculations what other heroes we might see on this banner?

I reached Tier 25 last evening, and i basically only did the three matches for the quests on a rounds first day, one in the morning after the stamina was filled up again, and 2-4 in the evening after the stamina was full again using a few Conquest Lances. When i reached Tier 25, i was still having 12 (!) of those Lances left.

Only did the highest difficulty matches, and believe me, i didn't win the map very often. Win in terms of destroying the enemy castle or even capturing all bases.

Don't think it's too much of a grind reaching the highest Tier rank ... and a free orb is a free orb! ^^

Now if you want to score a high army rank, that's a grind, agreeing with you there.

Guessing we'll see some more of the Christmas/NY units. W!Ephraim hasn't been on one yet right? Wouldn't be surprised if NY!Hrid or NY!Gunnthra take up a red slot too if they're not rolling all legendaries again for that colour. NY!Laevatain seems like a colourless lock.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ephraim was on last month's banner. Looks like Eirika and Hrid on red, Tiki on blue, Lyn on green, Duma on colorless. (Source)

For seasonals it'll be three New Year's units: one of Gunnthra or Hrid, Fjorm, and Laevetain. I'm praying it's Gunnthra personally, and I don't think a legend and seasonal of the same person have shared before.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hm, this would make ignoring all colors save for the Astra mythic one pretty easy. At least the pity breaker will have good SI. ^^

Last edited:

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Ephraim was on last month's banner. Looks like Eirika and Hrid on red, Tiki on blue, Lyn on green, Duma on colorless. (Source)

For seasonals it'll be three New Year's units: one of Gunnthra or Hrid, Fjorm, and Laevetain. I'm praying it's Gunnthra personally, and I don't think a legend and seasonal of the same person have shared before.

Clearly pulling a grand total of bugger all on that last legendary banner wiped who was on it for me.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
As hilarious it would be for them to do L!Hrid and NY!Hrid in red at the same time, I am expected Tibarn instead. They did Nailah and Leanne last round, they'll save Hrid's alt for new month.

I'm confident I would be able to get to Tier 25 if I put in the time and effort, I just find the rewards somewhat lacking. I always look at the board am just like, eh, for 3 orbs and some feathers, I'd rather do something else. I get kinda tired of Rival Domains battles quickly.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
If your friends list is decent, you can just autobattle GC. I pick the second hardest difficulty and a map where I get both bonuses. Sometimes you can even defeat the fortress before capturing all the camps or getting 20 kills.

Surtr, Aversa, Heavenly Light, WoM, and Galeforce work really well.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Is there any buff or skill or building or whatever that allows avoiding traps in AR? Second time I see replays with enemy units moving onto traps without any effect on them. No damage, no movement restriction.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any buff or skill or building or whatever that allows avoiding traps in AR? Second time I see replays with enemy units moving onto traps without any effect on them. No damage, no movement restriction.

Movement Trap has a HP threshold, it's possible that enemies surpass that if there's enough difference levels between their atk fort and your def fort. Lightning though should always trigger.

But yes, there is a skill that disarms the traps. BunnyPalla came with it. But that can only be used by dagger units, like Eir for example.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Almost hit T20 in AR last week, had 100 Aether left and had 8440 (or 9440 forget what the actual lift requirement is) and lost a defense on Monday and forgot to battle before reset. I rarely get a chance to move to T20, basically only when its Light blessing and Eir is a bonus hero so I can get 140 lift per match.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Movement Trap has a HP threshold, it's possible that enemies surpass that if there's enough difference levels between their atk fort and your def fort. Lightning though should always trigger.

But yes, there is a skill that disarms the traps. BunnyPalla came with it. But that can only be used by dagger units, like Eir for example.
Aha, thanks, found it. Enemy Eir actually had it on her.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I managed to get some wins in AR this week so I should be safe in tier 21. I may even get to tier 22 and get a chair.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I've managed to reach level 24 on GC, which has been highest for me thus far. Have mostly done the hard difficulty of the previous ones and have always made it up to 23.

And so far I haven't had any defense losses on this AR season.

And if Naga is coming as the next mythic hero, now I wonder if we are getting new units from Archanea.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I autobattle Infernal+ (the hardest one), and have reached tier 25 every single time. My team rarely ever wins and most of the time just gets the 20 kills for scoring but it's more than enough.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Clearly I am missing out by just not sending them out to autobattle those later tiers. Every time I send them out there, they fumble around uselessly and I get mad at how stupid they are and quit. Maybe I need to stop watching/thinking about the autobattles and collect whatever points they score.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Autobattles require a little bit different builds from what you'd use playing manually. At the very least you'd want to remove any positioning skills. Fury can be pretty detrimental to autobattling as well.

GC is heavily reliant on friend units to make short work of the manual grind. If your friends give you a bunch of WoM+Galeforce units then scoring 16,000 points per match (the maximum) is extremely easy, usually winning within 3-6 turns. I always go for the top reward each round, but I'd never be able to do it with just the units in my own barracks.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
All you have to do auto battle the hardest difficulty in GC and you can get to 25. Winning isn't necessary.
Yeah, I don't think I've done Grand Conquest battles manually since maybe the second or third one and I always get to 25. I just have a team for each movement type with the best units I have of that type and friend units for the rest, then autobattle the hardest difficulty with max stamina and use conquest lances whenever I get them.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I don't think I've done Grand Conquest battles manually since maybe the second or third one and I always get to 25. I just have a team for each movement type with the best units I have of that type and friend units for the rest, then autobattle the hardest difficulty with max stamina and use conquest lances whenever I get them.
I'm going to try this next time, didn't know this would work

if it doesn't work I'm going to blame all of you in this thread who said so!

how good does your Team have to be for this? do all of yall have 20 uber units for each of the 4 movement types?

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to try this next time, didn't know this would work

if it doesn't work I'm going to blame all of you in this thread who said so!

how good does your Team have to be for this? do all of yall have 20 uber units for each of the 4 movement types?
For reference, I send out my 3 Laguz fliers and an Aversa. I have 1 friend. I don't even know what his unit is. Doesn't matter since all of them are usually dead by turn 3. I still make it to the highest tier just by autobattling. So long as you select the highest difficulty and get a couple of the quest lances, you'll get there with any team.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
The base score increases greatly with difficultly; iirc, a stalemate on highest difficulty (i.e. no camps gained/lost, no kills) gives you a lot more points than whatever difficulty you can "win." The point of a grand conquest battle really isn't to capture the enemy fort; it's nice if you can, but the rewards are more than achievable even without doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.