• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Flier and cavalry rounds I can manage Infernal with my own teams 9/10 times. Other rounds I just do Lunatic with my flier team. Autobattle is for the lazy. I do find GC pretty fun honestly.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Unless you can guarantee that you always manage a perfect or at least near-perfect win in lunatic, just doing infernal for the higher base score is the way to go.

Never played the GQ (or Rival Domains) manually, too many units to drag around, outside of maybe the very first one in both modes. And ironically, i only missed T25 in GQ once, the first one. ^^
So yeah, reaching T25 is easy if you just do infernal all the time once you unlocked it.

Worst rounds are infantry, dunno, i sometimes think the autobattle AI struggles with them. I also notice it when i'm autobattling the Training Tower for the quests. In mixed teams, i could use my +10 infantries, Tharja or the launch dragons for example, yet the game just loves to attack with cav and fliers first, even giving priority to attacking with a freaking dancer over my buffed up +10s.

Removing assists, or giving them all Shove/Smite, helps, but there's still some braindead moves i didn't notice in other movements yet.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Pushed in this morning and got a +HP Bride Fjorm!

...she's - Atk.

Got a 5* on the Bridal Blessings rerun!

...I'm now in the pitybroken by Mist club.

Anybody want a monkey's paw?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
The only Mist I've gotten so far was the seasonal from the Greil's devoted banner. I promptly sacrificed her to give Rally Def/Res+ to my Nino. Regular Mist doesn't exist in my game.
I'm a member of Luke's Club but luckily I wanted Panic Ploy at the time.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I wear my Luke and Mist badges proudly.

Decided to go with +HP BrideFjorm, merged and built her and took her for a stroll into my AR offense team. Man, seeing her break dancers is beautiful. Ground Orders is useful for the Ophelia shenanigans, and would you look at that, i got debuffed. No problem, her default heal assist takes care of that.

If would have Sudden Panic, i might honestly think about giving that to her. Her utility is nuts.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a recent two-timer in the Elise club. Going to give her a spare Wrathful Staff so she can join the razzle dazzle equestrian squad with Spring Bruno, Brave Veronica and Maribelle.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Before Maribelle and Brave Veronica, Elise was considered the best cavalry healer. Now, she is a pity breaker.
I have had one for a while but I love using Cavalry healers for TT. All 4 of mine ( Elise, Veronica, Maribelle, Ethlyn) have maxed out hero merit from using them so much. I even want to build a Clarine.

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
I got Maribelle once on a free summon and even though i don't like her character, i found her pretty useful because of her high attack stat.
Mine was +atk on top.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Up to 4.75% on the Fallen Heroes banner now. I don't even really care for the banner units anymore and can't wait to see what terrible IV pity breaker I get.

On a more positive note I got enough merges to finish this girl (plus you sold me on her weapon despite being powercrept by nuDelthea). Would've done it sooner if I didn't fodder her Drive Spd:

QUOTE]

I even spent 20k feathers to give her LnD3 back in the day. Currently debating whether to spend 20k more on Brazen Atk/Spd from Linus.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Elise is pretty decent, she has 35 ATK for a healer. She's way better than Mist, they're not in the same category of suckness

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, TT Boss Pent is a total pushover compared to Supertank Flora in the last one. This one seems a lot easier to autobattle through, too.

Lately I've been having good luck getting units with low orb spending but getting the worst flaw for a weapon or skill. Like, -Res Selkie, -Def Halloween Myrrh, and -HP Fallen FCorrin.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Pent is quite the pushover. Even without a bonus unit, this set seems like it autobattles pretty fast.

Looking forward to playing around with the Renewal seal in particular. There could be some fun builds on certain units.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wow, TT Boss Pent is a total pushover compared to Supertank Flora in the last one. This one seems a lot easier to autobattle through, too.

Lately I've been having good luck getting units with low orb spending but getting the worst flaw for a weapon or skill. Like, -Res Selkie, -Def Halloween Myrrh, and -HP Fallen FCorrin.
Yeah Surtr can basically solo everything in auto battle. Just give him a good blue buddy to take care of reds.
wow awesome, you mean on the highest difficulty?

have yall tried it a lot of runs, 100% success rate?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Okay, what's the deal with arena scoring? I just replaced my +10 Est with my +10 Effie that I specifically built up for arena so I wouldn't have to squeak by the T21 threshold every other week, and I'm not seeing a difference in my match-ups despite the 11 BST increase and similar SP skill cost between the two units. This is very frustrating.

Deleted member 4208

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, what's the deal with arena scoring? I just replaced my +10 Est with my +10 Effie that I specifically built up for arena so I wouldn't have to squeak by the T21 threshold every other week, and I'm not seeing a difference in my match-ups despite the 11 BST increase and similar SP skill cost between the two units. This is very frustrating.
Use this:
Arena Score Calculator

The Load Max Score button helps set things up faster. Just pick skills with the same SP cost as yours.

It looks like a score-maximized Est actually scores the same as a maxed Effie (750 points).

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Use this:
Arena Score Calculator

The Load Max Score button helps set things up faster. Just pick skills with the same SP cost as yours.

It looks like a score-maximized Est actually scores the same as a maxed Effie (750 points).

All thanks to that B Duel Flying "skill." :/

Here are my builds for Est/Effie, nothing special (forgot to add blessings but they're both water so it doesn't matter):

gLmGJAml.jpg

This is ridiculous. I never knew a refined prf weapon weighs so heavily on arena score. Unless I'm missing something here...

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Here are my builds for Est/Effie, nothing special (forgot to add blessings but they're both water so it doesn't matter):

gLmGJAml.jpg

This is ridiculous. I never knew a refined prf weapon weighs so heavily on arena score. Unless I'm missing something here...
A refined prf scores the same as an unrefined prf. But its better than an inheritable weapon, specially an unrefined one. But the score difference is because of the SP difference.

Note how your Est has 2120 total SP, and Effie has 1870. You get extra score every 100SP.

Deleted member 4208

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

gLmGJAml.jpg

Your Effie needs a higher SP assist skill. Give her a dual rally and she'll score 744. That should give you a bump in your score range.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ran into my first AR cheater ever tonight. Some asshole who called himself JWong. It's so weird how Ophelia can't kill a DC Vantage Keaton with 22 RES and 44/50 HP.

I already secured staying in T21 this week, I just don't want to play anymore this week now after that. It's just like, what kind of loser do you have to be to cheat at a mobile gacha game? What a waste of time.

Last edited:

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Ran into my first AR cheater ever tonight. Some asshole who called himself JWong. It's so weird how Ophelia can't kill a DC Vantage Keaton with 22 RES and 44/50 HP.

QnNSTyT

I already secured staying in T21 this week, I just don't want to play anymore this week now after that. It's just like, what kind of loser do you have to be to cheat at a mobile gacha game? What a waste of time.
Am I missing something? I don't get what makes this person a cheater. Your Ophelia's AOE special reduces him to 1HP, vantage activates so Keaton attacks first in combat, and his weapon lets him double before Ophelia can attack.

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Keaton has a brave effect in his built in weapon, like Sword reinhardt. Ophelia loses if his b skill is vantage because it triggers as the special drops his hp prior to battle and then he gets to attack twice before she hits once.

His main niche with that build is literally as an Ophelia counter.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I thought everybody just glued the Hardy Bearings seal to Ophelia precisely because AOE specials can trigger vantage.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Am I missing something? I don't get what makes this person a cheater. Your Ophelia's AOE special reduces him to 1HP, vantage activates so Keaton attacks first in combat, and his weapon lets him double before Ophelia can attack.

Keaton has a brave effect in his built in weapon, like Sword reinhardt. Ophelia loses if his b skill is vantage because it triggers as the special drops his hp prior to battle and then he gets to attack twice before she hits once.

LOL. This is why you shouldn't play your AR match at 2 AM before bed. And especially why you shouldn't screenshot late at night. Thanks for the reminder. It's funny, I do run Hardy Bearing so constantly that I forgot I unequipped last week during this rotation (to get Light Blessing points), so am just used to her nuking everything and not even thinking about that rule. I literally put it on her before because I had run into that scenario before, I don't know why I refused to recognize the problem yesterday. Or it was nearly 2 AM. Either way, I feel kind of embarrassed now.

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Let's just say that maybe IS was smart for not making the "report user" function easy to do. :p

Oh gawd, can you imagine how many false complaints they would have to sift through? 75% of their tickets would immediately be closed with "skill inheritance user error."

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
A refined prf scores the same as an unrefined prf. But its better than an inheritable weapon, specially an unrefined one. But the score difference is because of the SP difference.

Note how your Est has 2120 total SP, and Effie has 1870. You get extra score every 100SP.

So I guess Est's prf weapon is what's contributing to the additional SP total. Yeah, Effie needs her own prf ASAP.

Your Effie needs a higher SP assist skill. Give her a dual rally and she'll score 744. That should give you a bump in your score range.

Hmm, not sure it's worth the tiny bump for giving up Est's debuffing ability though. I was really hoping for a way to boost Effie's score significantly over Est's but it's looking like I'll need to bench her indefinitely until a refine comes along.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
wait wtf...

the current amount of SP you have on a char affects its Arena score???

that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard of. no wonder I don't care about Arena and it's weird scoring, it all seems like arbitrary crap. I'm not going to bother or worry about that stuff lol

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
wait wtf...

the current amount of SP you have on a char affects its Arena score???

that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard of. no wonder I don't care about Arena and it's weird scoring, it all seems like arbitrary crap. I'm not going to bother or worry about that stuff lol

It's more the cost of skills they have equipped than how much SP they have on them to spend. Hence why people will put dual rallies on characters, as the cost (450sp) is more than the movement options (225sp).

...it is absolutely daft though.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Legendary Hector bonus Arena week is nice. Can just park him brainlessly on defense tiles and scoop up all the kills.

Would imagine there are a decent number of whales in the Great Summoner tier that are inflating some of the scores, though.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Didn't really take me much time to figure out the new BHB with Leif and Nanna but just curbing them with a beast team!

And free pull from the focus banner themed on that gave me 5* Nanna with neutral IVs. What a lucky pull as well given I had to choose among 4 colorless circles; didn't give me red for a potential Leif unfortunately.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now that I'm in rank 23 of Aether Raids, I kinda want to go back to the lower tiers. The higher you go, the more painfully unfun it becomes.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Free Leif. Where are all these freebies coming from? I just want hunks. :/

P.S. Where the heck are Mock Battles??

Edit: Found them.

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
IS suprised me there with the new log in bonus and the quests. I like it, they should do that more often.
Battling against your friends in AR is also kind of fun.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, lots of goodies dropped and are active for the next two or so weeks. Double EXP and SP should help with some of those new units I've been getting.

EDIT: Immediately dropped some of the free orbs I got, and I finally pulled +Res, -HP F!Tiki! I got up to a 5.25% Focus rate, and I would have even taken a pity breaker, but I'm just glad I finally got a 5-star unit from that banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.