• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
hmm I didn't think about it that way

maybe ur right, people only post on here when they get an amazing pull?

I want to hear all the times posters get bad luck!
people tend to only post when they have either amazing luck or trash luck, nothing in between

which is why I'm here to post that I got 2 Nagas in a pretty average 352 orbs, gotta rep that silent majority of statistically average pulls ;)

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
For the Naga fight, I again used BLyn and Reinhardt with Olivia and LAzura. First turn, BLyn attacks the Green Manakete twice to kill it, dropping below 50%. Pull everyone out.

2nd turn is the tricky one which may require trial and error to get the correct enemy movement. For me, I focused on units on the left side to stay out of range of the units on the right. From there on it's relatively simple to just pick them off.

I pulled 2 circles and got a -atk Tiki and another Lyn. It always seems to be the mediocre Legendaries that I get multiples of.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It feels like ERA members did slightly better than usual on this Mythic banner. Although maybe more people were spending more orbs for this than other ones.

Kaden got his Joint Hone Speed tonight, which will make him more self sufficient as a buffbot. Atk/Res Link, Joint Hone Speed, and the Even Defense Wave seal covers the stats on even turns, at least. The Spd/Des will be subject to Aversa and Sudden Panics and stuff, but at least he isn't as dependent on L!Azura being around. Could put the Defense Tactic seal on a teammate too, which is pretty flexible.

Would love to pull a second copy someday to get rid of his Attack bane.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't easy, but Celica once more DDR'd her way to victory. They keep throwing high res blue mages at her. Getting kind of annoying honestly.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Yeah this was probably my worst luck at a leg banner yet. Was up at an 11.5% pity rate and got B!Hector. And I just caught up to all SA and I don't have anymore PvE content left to complete.

At the very least will fodder this Hector for Bold Fighter to H!Jakob, since my neutral Hector can handle his own. Should actually be able to finally give Jakob his awesome player phase kit, once I promote a Gordin to fodder him for Brave Bow+ (3rd time I did this) and give him DB3.

Last edited:

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Legendary banners are amazing when you get the average expected return (~50 orbs per 5*), and extremely cruel on the other end. I've had a couple such banners where I spent upwards of 700-800 orbs and gotten 6-7 focus units to show for it. Such an awful feeling.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Legendary banners are amazing when you get the average expected return (~50 orbs per 5*), and extremely cruel on the other end. I've had a couple such banners where I spent upwards of 700-800 orbs and gotten 6-7 focus units to show for it. Such an awful feeling.

Damn. Loads of saving and how much it amounted to afterwards.

For me, it feels bittersweet now that I at least have Naga, which should help me bout better in AR whenever Astra season comes up, whilst Duma makes it so I don't lose much lift considering Anima season is concurrent.

Just wish I was able to get NY!Fjorm, L!Eirika and L!Tiki.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Armors are mostly pretty undesirable outside of arena scoring, but a speedy, tanky, dragon-effective armor like Tiki is really good as far as armors go.

I wouldn't say undesirable. Surtr has made my life a lot easier since I pulled him. I've been able to clear content like Lunatic Chain Challenges that I had no chance to beat before.

I decided to pull again on the Mythic banner and I got another Naga (+ATK -SPD) and NY!Laevatein (+DEF -SPD). That's 24 orbs total spent on this banner for 3 5* units. My luck can only get worse from here so I'll stop.
The VG banner is so tempting. I'd love to get merges for both Sigurd and Quan, if anything to get rid of their flaws. Extra Karlas for Wrath fodder would be nice, too.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say undesirable. Surtr has made my life a lot easier since I pulled him. I've been able to clear content like Lunatic Chain Challenges that I had no chance to beat before.

Yeah, when I said "mostly" that was because Surtr is somewhat of an exception. Generally speaking, armors are a suboptimal choice for higher level PvE content, and downright awful for Aether Raids as well. The mobility requirements are just too onerous, and armors require a lot of investment (merges and inheritance) to reach the power levels they really need. It's cheaper and more effective to build galeforce cavs or flier teams.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
How are people building Naga? Galeforce and Reposition? I'll probably keep her A, B, and C skills since they work well in AR and that's probably all I'll use her in.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I went ahead and spent 68 orbs on the VG banner hoping to get Quan or Sigurd. I got Fallen Berkut (+HP -ATK) instead =/

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Free Deidre today. It's not worth merging the +Atk/-Def one I already don't use, so she'll probably save 20k feathers for QR3 and/or Speed Ploy.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
when did Galeforce start becoming more popular? specifically just for AR?

I don't have a single Galeforce characters, excluding ones who have it natively

who are best for them, someone mentioned cavalry above?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
when did Galeforce start becoming more popular? specifically just for AR?

I don't have a single Galeforce characters, excluding ones who have it natively

who are best for them, someone mentioned cavalry above?
Hrid, Legendary Ephraim, and Panne are good users. I've faced all 3 in AR and they can be nasty. I guess Peri with her refine could do something similar.
The combo is using Galeforce, Lunge, and Heavy Blade. Cavalry are best in AR because they have more movement.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hrid, Legendary Ephraim, and Panne are good users. I've faced all 3 in AR and they can be nasty. I guess Peri with her refine could do something similar.
The combo is using Galeforce, Lunge, and Heavy Blade. Cavalry are best in AR because they have more movement.
ok thx, i'll look into that!

Oct 25, 2017
LEirika is my goto Galeforce for AR. Her weapon having acceleration is nice, and her speed is super high.

Have to drop her default B of course.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I've actually been considering a galeforce comp in AR using Mareeta, Finn, and Silvia, with Naga as a smitebot. This is my current theorycraft: http://imgur.com/a/ZXrqzGc

I'm so unprepared for next Astra I'll probably use my light units for the most part. It's my fault for not thinking ahead to Astra, but alas, here we are.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How is Naesala at Galeforce? Thinking about a team of Tibarn, Naesala, Velouria, Naga.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Best galefocer is tibarn, 3 movement + flying + guaranteed follow-up + high attack.

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I use both Tibarn and Naesala with galeforce together with the two heron dancers. It's incredible what can be accomplished with that many potential turns and that kind of movement.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The game must be trying to apologize to me for having me drop about 150 orbs on the fallen banner. I dropped about another 40 orbs on the mythic banner and pulled a +Spd, -HP L!Tiki. She's got a solid set of skills, but more importantly, I can run Tiki Emblem!

Now it'll probably be back to saving orbs for the rerun of L!Marth, unless the summer units look really good.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, finally got a second copy of Sigurd to erase that ugly -Def flaw. Now I just gotta figure out a good build and team for him. Maybe Steady Stance 4? Not sure if he's an effective tank at this point though considering how ultra-offensive the meta has become.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
And your f2p option is original Berkut, who with his default lance, has essentially 31/31 def/res on enemy phase.

WT!swordhardt also has a worthwhile stat spread, since his defense and resistance are even (i.e. probably has the highest geometric mean=sqrt(def*res)), albeit I haven't check.

lastly, Sigurd is worth a mention. Although his resistance is strictly terrible, his divine tyrfing and crusader's ward means he can take hits from anything but dragons and staves very very well.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
A0am6ZE.jpg

OJlB6Kr_d.jpg

*OCD INTENSIFIES*

Forget about an alt. They can't even acknowledge Anna as the commander. smh

Last edited:

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
And your f2p option is original Berkut, who with his default lance, has essentially 31/31 def/res on enemy phase.

WT!swordhardt also has a worthwhile stat spread, since his defense and resistance are even (i.e. probably has the highest geometric mean=sqrt(def*res)), albeit I haven't check.

lastly, Sigurd is worth a mention. Although his resistance is strictly terrible, his divine tyrfing and crusader's ward means he can take hits from anything but dragons and staves very very well.
hey yea thx, these are also good choices

I forgot about Swordhardt, he does have good mixed defenses

and I forgot about Sigurd's interactions

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
190 orbs later, pity broken by a B Hector who I already have @ 12%. Could have been any of the two other blue and I would have been more than ok. Must be a sign from the gacha gods.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Arena trolled me this week. Kept getting to the last match and either some L!Alm + Dancer setup would show up, or I'd get that map with the two rows of vertical walls I am so bad at.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Greetings folks, back from kids-free short vacation with the Mrs. ... definitely need more of those 4 day weekends.

Next batch of weapons and refinements: Oscar, Saizo and Kagero get a prf weapon plus refinement, and Elincia's Amiti gets a refinement. Get ready for brave weapon refines. No, not you Spellhardt, move on.

Managed to get a Naga before going on vacation with my better half on thursday morning. -Res / +Def but oh well, at least not -Spd or -Atk ... -Atk would've been dire with her base Atk. But it took way too many orbs, way too many orbs.

Barely made the daily stuff due to the trip ... i think i missed 2 monthly quest orbs from May. ^^ Didn't even begin with Naga's battle. At least, i noticed that daily stuff with medium event amount means you need to dedicate noticeable time to FEH to not lose progress.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Curse my easily addicted to gacha pulling ass, so much for hoarding orbs for alm or other sensible things. Decided on a stupid whim to try and get a copy of Naga and now am down 270 orbs with only one dupe brave hector and a high pity rate that's going to go to waste to show for it.

I mean, logically it means I'd have not gotten alm anyway with those orbs in two months anyway, but still.

Three houses please come out sooner so I can ditch this abusive relationship with heroes.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Still haven't got anything beyond 2 focus units. By far my worst luck yet.

And as for refines, I figured Elincia would get something sooner or later considering Klein and Cherche pretty much made things open for prf brave weapons. So far those kind of refines haven't disappointed and Cherche did wonders for me for this tempest trial. Hopefully something great comes for Elincia.

The rest were pretty surprising, particularly Oscar who is a much better Sully more or less. Hopefully his refine is pretty good and I mean, I feel once again, at best he'll get a much better TA weapon. Those refines have griped me to no end due to crippling over specification. So I'll guess like Titania and Seth before him, Oscar's effect will be another tactic skill. So far Hinata has been the only TA weapon user whose prf was given an entirely different effect.

And I guess we'll see what Kagero and Saizo will get. Kagero's poison dagger was interesting being the only infantry-effective weapon, though the meta doesn't really favor infantry much. Doesn't help that the poison dagger inexplicably couldn't be refined unlike barb shuriken and the cleaner. So hopefully an entirely different effect, she will get. Wishful thinking, but would be great if if either of them do get brave or firesweep prf weapons, since we still don't have inheritable weapons in that regard.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Naga is surprisingly tanky if her weapon passive hits it. Effective 58 Atk (+9 from weapon effect, +19 weapon might) / 45 Spd / 45 Def (Boon) / 31 Res (Super-Bane, ouch), and that is unbuffed, unmerged and without an A-skill! The weapon passive is so dead easy to trigger, good grief. ^^

I actually have two units for DC fodder, though she might also work great with a bond skill.

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
Add me to the list, i wouldn't count my single Naga with lacking IVs in ~120 orbs anything good, outside of actually getting one. Still, the 8% is a lie.

Dude, getting THE focus unit on the banner under 150 orbs would not be what I called abhorrent luck. You get about that amount of f2p orbs per month!

But I totally agree with the last thing you said ;)

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
As a proud owner of 5* Kagero and Oscar, I hope they get good refines. I'll definitely +1 them with good boons if they are good.
I made it to tier 24 in AR this week. Light seasons are when my team really shines.

Oct 25, 2017
Made it into T21 AR for the first time, with +20 lift to spare and 45 Aether left. I like the new starfield background.
Though I've accepted the fact that I'm going to lose 80 lift with a defense loss and go back to T20 before the season ends in 6 or so hours.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Saizo was really needing this, Oscar too but less so, Elincia didn't particularly needed this but I guess she was the last gen 1 red flier to refine

Status
Not open for further replies.