• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So ... i like it. Use the units you want, no "bullshit" multipliers by beating green with red and so on, just plain playing. Also, reinforcements don't swarm you to death and beyond. There sure is room for improvement, but for the first time, it's a good new game mode.

Played well so far with a team of WTA advantage unit for the Rokkr, a dancer/healer and two allies to deal with the reinforcements.

And, like everyone guessed, Thorr (why the double r?) and Loki know each other. From the german dialogue i couldn't make out if there's any hint how they are connected, though.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I tried to bullshit my way through it with Ophelia, but the bosses can counter attack regardless of distance :/ Now I just tank them with aether Nowi and Tiki but there has to be a better way to deal damage.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Special Fighter with Aether/Sol/Noontime is pretty much MVP skill combination. Absorb healers work great too, going by reddit.

Though, self-cooldown reduction with self-heal and enemy cooldown manipulation seems like to work great in general. TL;DR slap Guard 3 on your LIke.

The swap that happens on the Rokkr's special is the most annoying thing, so preventing enemy cooldown reduction is really useful here.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Never noticed the swap happened when the bosses used their special. It's so annoying when they force you out of the defensive tile. Now I know how to avoid it.

I also tried to bully Klein by cornering him but always escaped with the swap.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
The mode is incredibly easy if you send enemy phase units with Aether/Guard. Just send your Nowis and Faes to battle, and some other unit with high mobility to snipe reinforcements. You can reach the highest reward on the first day easily.
The rewards are kind of lame, though. They really need to add grails and feathers.

Oct 25, 2017
I had a Clair Rokkr attack, the skill Hit and Run moved her away one space, then her special proc'd and she lunged with a non-adjacent unit.
That was unexpected.

I tried autobattling once for a laugh, and naturally got wrek'd. Maybe with the right setup I could get away with it, but I'd have to put some thought into it.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Love triggering aether against a Røkkr and getting over 100 health back.
Does Astra also do an insane amount of damage because of how much damage you're dealing too?

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
We have too many female ocs we need male ones to balance it out, and if it is sexualized like Loki and Thorr it would be even worse, this game doesnt need to become FGO

Heroes isn't even in conversation with Fate's level of success, but it's still eking out reasonable success in the gacha sphere - I don't see any incentive for them to not pattern themselves after their more popular competitors; it's what works for the genre and game.

Still, Surtr sold despite not having the appeal of the female OCs on his side; and I'd expect a 'serious' final-boss like villain to be male, so I wouldn't be pre-emptively measuring the Allfather's cup size yet.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the results after the surtr banner it is less that he sold like shit and more that the game overall is doing less

Berkut

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Loki is secretly helping the order of heroes, and Thorr/alfoor are the main villians for book 4.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, running a team with noontime/sol and a bunch of skill cooldown skills really makes this mode a breeze. Giving each unit vantage also makes the enemy special not a huge deal.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I got this mode figured out
oLg9u1e.jpg
Cherche Smash

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Barst, Helbindi, Arthur, Hector, RD!Ike, Tibarn, Benny! So many pastabilities!

Also, the units definitely look to be luau themed.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just got around to doing the new story chapter.

Might be because the story drops are so far apart, but I didn't see this twist coming. So I'm guessing Thrasir is grown up Veronica and that the Sharena we see dying in the OP movie is actually Lif's Sharena. Still not sure how Eir plays into all of this, but I don't see the Eir = Sharena twist people are mentioning.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Right one has some Ninian vibe for me. But i see that there's some hints it might be Gunnthra? So possible Nifl / Muspell summer vacation?

Left one has literally logs for arms, and there's few heroes that fit. Dorcas, Bartre, Helbro and Arden. Possibly Surtr too. And, yes ... Hector. Though Caineghis / Mordecai and Tibarn are also buff as heck, but i think we can disregard the beast units in this case. Could be a new hero though, like Greil, Noire and Charlotte.

Yesterday evening was ... interesting ... yeah let's go with interesting ... in AA. Had to make three runs because i lost a unit in the two before, but how is beyond me. First ... i lost my Nowi, +10, Steady Breath, fully spectrum buff against a Sharena, not built, weapon (default) not refined, unbuffed, and no dragon effective buff because no Naga. Like ... what? My Nowi has 44 Def if the enemy initiates with the buffs, Sharena should absolutely not have beaten her.

Next was losing my Idunn against an enemy Nowi. Nowi was +10, LB+ and refinement, Steady Breath, Null C-Disrupt, Atk Smoke. My Idunn is +Res(!), default kit, Atk Ploy for C-skill, and was defensive buffed (Def/Res) and got the dragon effective buff from Naga. Nowi ONE.SHOT. her ... yes you read that right ... without any special triggering or dragon effective buff. Just for the record, Idunn unmerged, with Res boon and Res Tactics buff has 50(!!) Res.

Sure, WT disadvantage against Nowi, but with 50 Res she should freaking survive more than one hit from Nowi, and retaliate with super effective damage. And no debuffs on Idunn either, no Chills, Sabotage, Aversa present.

Frankly, i felt cheated. Big time.

Left one looks like Banjo Kazooie and now I can't unsee it.

Quote when the special triggers: "GUH HUH!!!"

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Sure, WT disadvantage against Nowi, but with 50 Res she should freaking survive more than one hit from Nowi, and retaliate with super effective damage. And no debuffs on Idunn either, no Chills, Sabotage, Aversa present.
You sure there was no fortress level advantage on the enemy side? Lost my +4 Summer YTiki to +10 Bartre today, and I blame the fortress since it was level 5+1 (and also Bartre was buffed as hell; I'll never ever underestimate him again).

Btw need to make my SYTiki better. She currently has Ignis, Atk/Def bond, Swordbreaker and Threaten Res which are the cheapest options that are still useful on her. She deserves some kind of promotion.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Surprising Arena run today ... one single Surtr. Still a shitload of Aversas on the other hand. No big issue in the end, Kjelle with bonus stats and water blessing support from Fjorm and Vallazura has enough HP to prevent Aversa's passive from triggering.

Getting bonus points for the bonus unit kills with a lance armor against an armada of Surtrs was my biggest fear. ^^

Though i'm not sure if my score of 3744 is enough to re-enter T21.

You sure there was no fortress level advantage on the enemy side? Lost my +4 Summer YTiki to +10 Bartre today, and I blame the fortress since it was level 5+1 (and also Bartre was buffed as hell; I'll never ever underestimate him again).

Btw need to make my SYTiki better. She currently has Ignis, Atk/Def bond, Swordbreaker and Threaten Res which are the cheapest options that are still useful on her. She deserves some kind of promotion.

There's no fortress difference in Arena Assault. ;D

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I barely made it to tier 25 in AR and earned my first silver chair.
Arena will be a nightmare, though. Anna is my only bonus unit but I'm beginning to think that even Silvia would be able to get more kills.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
-.-
Apparently I have a jelly for brains, sorry. ^^

Happens. ^^

Especially with these temperatures ...

I barely made it to tier 25 in AR and earned my first silver chair.
Arena will be a nightmare, though. Anna is my only bonus unit but I'm beginning to think that even Silvia would be able to get more kills.

If you run into the Surtr armada i feared, then yeah, Silvia with a refined Armorsmasher will make life easier. Though ... no option to build a Draug? Might be the best budget option on that list.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Happens. ^^

Especially with these temperatures ...

If you run into the Surtr armada i feared, then year, Silvia with a refined Armorsmasher will make life easier. Though ... no option to build a Draug? Might be the best budget option on that list.
I think all my Draugs are manuals. I have a +1 +SPD Silvia which I could get to +3 or +4, maybe.
Anna with Slaying Hammer+ just doesn't cut it.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You ... could ... wait for the banner on thursday, see if you want a hero (ideally red) and go for him. Maybe there's a few Draugs in the loot then.

Saizo might be workable, too, especially with his new weapon and refinement ... though for better scoring you'd need C Duel Infantry and that prevents using Close Counter which would be his best A-skill.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Surtr actually sold like shit, you just see him a lot if you are in the upper echelon of arena where he did sell

Surtr was so easy to plus 10..... that was the first time we had a two person banner and being green as well made him really easy to pull.

Think I used 500 orbs to plus ten Surtr, took me 300 to get a single h!myrhh....

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Surtr was so easy to plus 10..... that was the first time we had a two person banner and being green as well made him really easy to pull.

Think I used 500 orbs to plus ten Surtr, took me 300 to get a single h!myrhh....
It also helps that there was no exciting banner around it so plenty of people were accumulating orbs

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to Legendary Marth being a bonus unit I just had the easiest arena streak I've ever had. All I did was keep using dueling swords until the unit shown on the difficulty select screen was a dragon, then 4 out 5 times it was a full dragon team that Marth could solo no problem.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to Legendary Marth being a bonus unit I just had the easiest arena streak I've ever had. All I did was keep using dueling swords until the unit shown on the difficulty select screen was a dragon, then 4 out 5 times it was a full dragon team that Marth could solo no problem.
I did the same thing with Naga the past 2 weeks. It was fun. Now the game is punishing me by making me use Anna.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I had to use Silvia as my bonus unit because she is +4 so scored the highest 😂

Getting bonus points for her is a pain, but it otherwise wasn't that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.