• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Also thinking about this, as for my personal prediction for this year's Brave Redux banner, I can see it consisting of Bruno, Louise and Jill. Now to be fair, 2 of those units were released this year albeit as seasonal units but not their regular versions.

Don't see Líf or Thrasir being a thing until after Book 3 is finished and we pretty much got most of the popular beast units out of the way.

Only thing we know from OG!Bruno is that his prf tome has Vantage 2 built in. Would be funny if he got a CC and QR with that kind of combination!
Awakening Anna before Jill

Kinanza

Jun 25, 2018
Amazing to see. It's doubtful I'll be about to obtain every unit myself. Still props to you!

Edit: Decided on randomly listing year one units that have yet to get a prf weapon and/or a prf weapon refine. I personally excluded healer due to not much of a precedence happening at the moment (only 3 healers having prfs), seasonal units because I feel those are unlikely, and Legendary and Brave units.

Counted about 63. Just wish more would be released monthly to transition to year 2 units.

Lissa, Henry, Laslow, and Selena are my next bets

Dear god Selena please

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
Got done with another TT run and Flora, Veronica, and Nowi all got another 500 HM. EZ 1500 free feathers!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Got a 5* MRobin from the BHB banner. Nice to finally have a focus unit on the free pull again. I think my last focus free pull was L'Chrom last year. ^^

Rokkr tomorrow. Anyone else noticed that the Rokkr unit in the in-game announcement is Arden? Come on IS, through us a bone an make one of the rewards a 4* TT unit!

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
5* free Matthew on New Power.

5* free Cecilia on TT banner.

New Heroes banner... free 3* Arthur.

IS pls.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Managed to reach tier 20 on AR. Sweet!

Edit: And once again, RIP my Summer Lyn dreams (and my seasonal Lyn dreams in general for that matter). Got pity broken (was at 4.25%) by Fallen F!Corrin lol! First one, but SPD+/ATK- so bittersweet. May not be Ursula but she will do. Highest BST for an infantry unit after all.

Wasn't as unfortunate with the previous summer banner; though she wasn't my most desired unit (wanted Laegjarn), I got Summer Laevatein. First of the Laevateins that I've obtained, with RES+/HP- IVs. Not the greatest, but not terrible either. Didn't cost me much orbs either unlike the other summer banner, since I managed that on a 3.25% pity rate.

Somehow I feel those banners are aware that I wanted both blue range fliers and insisted on "not" giving me blue often. I've even gave into temptation by purchasing those limited time orb packs LMAO! Least one of them came with Black Knight, so will just bench him outside of using F2P guides for GHBs and building up my other one from here.

But in all seriousness, guess that will be it. Time to save up for the mythic banner. Not really confident with my luck come the Three Houses banner.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
God i just noticed that the last week was the first with AR defense score and rewards, somehow forgot that completely. ^^

How did you guys and gals do? Got quite a bunch of def matches, sadly more losses than wins, but thanks to my def team i only lost Lift twice, 50 Lift in total for the whole season. That makes highest rank for the def rewards. (Hooray, i'm in the top for something AR for once!)

I won't say no to these additional Dragonflowers. Got quite a bunch of them for all movement types now, i think i'm going to give Titania the full +5 treatment. She's still one of my most valuable units, god tier buffbot and one heck of a dedicated blue check. Liki? Bowcina? The Spellhardt? Pffft, Titania shrugs.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to get the full 24 defense flowers, I got -80'd one time but every other match was a success. I'm not a great defense designer, so I just shamelessly copied a defense from an ingame friend of mine who gets T27 consistently. (I just happened to have a bunch of units that I could adapt to his build, lol.)

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I did okay with -240 but that's apparently the lowest level so I have some work to do haha.

Did hit T25 on offense this week though.

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
Got another, possibly dumb question for y'all. Is it ever truly worth keeping those seasonal/special 5* only units? Asking cause I have several of them with bad or un-optimized IV's and wondered if it was better to keep them for a potential merge later, or to use them as skill fodder?

Oct 25, 2017
Did pretty good with defense, lost 160. Of course it was Light/Dark season and I was lucky to have pulled a Yune.
Since I don't have a Duma this season's going to be rough, I already lost 80 this morning.

At least it's still Wind season and I've got a ton of Wind Legendaries and a Naga.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Got another, possibly dumb question for y'all. Is it ever truly worth keeping those seasonal/special 5* only units? Asking cause I have several of them with bad or un-optimized IV's and wondered if it was better to keep them for a potential merge later, or to use them as skill fodder?

That's up to you. Plenty of people like to keep one copy of each hero they pull, me included. Some are basically feeding them off moments after they pulled them.

That said, i'd check the skills. If a skill you'd like to inherit off is also available on a regular pullable unit, whatever rarity, i'd keep the seasonal ones, as they are harder to get again.

For example, you shouldn't feed off a Summer Camilla (from the 2018 summer banners) for Flier Formation or Hone Fliers, both skills are on regular units, even moreso, both skills are on grail units and available at 4* rarity, so no promotion feathers needed.

If you gotta feed of that example Summer Camilla, you'd do it for her weapon.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
That's up to you. Plenty of people like to keep one copy of each hero they pull, me included. Some are basically feeding them off moments after they pulled them.

That said, i'd check the skills. If a skill you'd like to inherit off is also available on a regular pullable unit, whatever rarity, i'd keep the seasonal ones, as they are harder to get again.

For example, you shouldn't feed off a Summer Camilla (from the 2018 summer banners) for Flier Formation or Hone Fliers, both skills are on regular units, even moreso, both skills are on grail units and available at 4* rarity, so no promotion feathers needed.

In some cases as well, they may also be serviceable with common inheritable weapons like blade tomes, slaying weapons, brave weapons, etc. Could also add that if you don't have a flying blue mage, example being also S!Camilla if she happens to be your first one, she can make great use with a blade tome.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I generally lean towards consider them for fodder.

Seasonals have a few problems, but the main two are:
  • Limited merges, which means 3/4 projects often outclass them on stats. (doesn't apply to TT seasonals).
  • No prfs: their weapons are usually inheritable so have no skills to make them a good one off.
Their are exceptions, like B Fjorm has an amazing prf and some, like H!Jakob, have a typing unique to them. I'd keep those.

And if you want to keep seasonals because you never want to give up your last copy, that's valid too, but I think it's important to recognize they'll often be outperformed and are best approached as an "arena assault" unit. Seasonals are usually "just for fun" units.

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not particularly interested in having 1 of each unit so no issue there. Yeah I always try to check skill availability and use units that I have multiples of in the 3/4* pool, but sometimes it becomes a "Do I want to use the feathers to promote just for the skill(s) to feed, or do I fodder this rare 5* that I little use for?" scenario haha.

Still I get what you're are saying here--most of the special units generally aren't worth feeding for skills that can be inherited elsewhere. It's mostly the bad IV's and limited pulling of the seasonal 5*'s that make me consider otherwise.
I generally lean towards consider them for fodder.

Seasonals have a few problems, but the main two are:
  • Limited merges, which means 3/4 projects often outclass them on stats. (doesn't apply to TT seasonals).
  • No prfs: their weapons are usually inheritable so have no skills to make them a good one off.
Their are exceptions, like B Fjorm has an amazing prf and some, like H!Jakob, have a typing unique to them. I'd keep those.

And if you want to keep seasonals because you never want to give up your last copy, that's valid too, but I think it's important to recognize they'll often be outperformed and are best approached as an "arena assault" unit. Seasonals are usually "just for fun" units.
Some of them put me in an odd situation. For example my New Year Gunnthrá has -Atk +Res which is pretty bad imo, but with Joint Hone Speed, Swift Sparrow, Desperation, Glimmer and Hikami all built in for her, she'd be a terrible thing to fodder. Yet at the same time, who knows when I'll ever get another to merge with. And in the odd circumstance that happens, there are other units I could have invested in by then that could be much better than her. : /

Oct 25, 2017
In some cases as well, they may also be serviceable with common inheritable weapons like blade tomes, slaying weapons, brave weapons, etc. Could also add that if you don't have a flying blue mage, example being also S!Camilla if she happens to be your first one, she can make great use with a blade tome.
seasonals are my favorite units to use, so I have lots of them. However my highest merge is only +5 so I dont use them in Arena or Allegiance Battles.

However if you have no attachment to them, do their heroic ordeals and extract the flowers then fodder them.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Some of them put me in an odd situation. For example my New Year Gunnthrá has -Atk +Res which is pretty bad imo, but with Joint Hone Speed, Swift Sparrow, Desperation, Glimmer and Hikami all built in for her, she'd be a terrible thing to fodder. Yet at the same time, who knows when I'll ever get another to merge with. And in the odd circumstance that happens, there are other units I could have invested in by then that could be much better than her. : /

Tbh, joint hone speed is her only worthwhile fodder, and outside of arena score it's only okay. Hikami is a prf and only she can use it, and even at - atk there are ways to build her. You can make her debuff support, for example, alongside a character like Matthew/anyone with S!Lilina's dagger, with guidance and chills.

That said, I'd personally go for a merge only if you have a plan for her. If she isn't seeing use outside of stratum quests, story mode, or arena assault--honestly, save your orbs.

Edit: I have a pretty long list of 5 * heroes I've killed for fodder. Press F for respects: http://imgur.com/a/AR9KSjT

Last edited:

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I fodder units I only have one copy of all the time. If I'm never going to use them then I might as well free up barracks space.

It helps that I don't have very many seasonals though, I can see wanting to keep those just in case because your summoning opportunities are pretty rare.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I keep at least 1 copy of every unit with the exception of the original Hector and Takumi. Their fodder is still pretty rare and they're kinda outdated units. Also I have like 3 other versions of Hector I use on occasion, so I don't feel I'm missing out by not keeping the original around.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I always keep a copy, it isnt like it is hard to to have space after they made books

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I keep one of each unit, and I try to get every 5-star up to Lv. 40 to get their special message.

If I pull a duplicate 5-star or especially any unit with less-than-ideal IVs, I'm open to instantly using them for fodder.

Oct 25, 2017
i get them high enough to do the heroic ordeal then fodder. Dont really care about the confession and HM is too much work when Ive got a million units i could still farm that on

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, joint hone speed is her only worthwhile fodder, and outside of arena score it's only okay. Hikami is a prf and only she can use it, and even at - atk there are ways to build her. You can make her debuff support, for example, alongside a character like Matthew/anyone with S!Lilina's dagger, with guidance and chills.

That said, I'd personally go for a merge only if you have a plan for her. If she isn't seeing use outside of stratum quests, story mode, or arena assault--honestly, save your orbs.
Oh I have essentially zero intention of spending a bunch of orbs just to potentially get a better merge, it's not worth it. But i like your proposal of a support build, that can work.

Yeah, I'd much rather give unique skills to units I like rather than keep units I don't care for and will never use.
Pretty much this. Keeping some seasonal 5* units is alright especially if it's a character(s) I like, however not all of them. But getting the flowers is definitely a good idea.

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was keeping unique copies of all 5* units but I rarely use most of them anymore. So unless it's a character I like, I'll just level them up to 40, view the confession, do their Heroic Ordeal, and fodder them. I just foddered off my only Summer Laegjarn and Wolt to L!Lucina and Celica respectively. They'll get better use of the premium skills. One of these days I'm going to clean out my barracks.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even feed L!Azura despite hating her
I did pull another L!azura and then feed her to Catria as soon as possible and that felt great

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
i honestly don't know what I'll do with L!Azura longterm. I use her in AR offense sometimes, and that's about it. I prefer the herons there (AoE healing + extra movement on dancer I found usually more useful than prayer wheel+extra movement on recipient), but I only got one Reyson. If I get a Leanne, I might end up retiring L!Azura completely.

Plus, I like having a dancer that isn't contigent on "is it also water season?"

Oct 25, 2017
So, I just learned that if you hit 200k in Rokkr siege, it just forcibly ends the run.

jO28jYc.jpg

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
i got ursula finally! after 100ish orbs
now i can save to finish my linde when she comes back in september

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Darn, some of you are pretty "savage" when it comes to feeding off heroes. ^^

I'm a bit more wary when it comes to feeding off, partially of the hoarder mentality i have in such games, but also because i applied a rule for myself to only give out premium skills to units with a certain amount of merges.
Like ... if the next banner introduces Close Def 4 finally, and i have a spare copy of the hero that comes with it, i'm not going to waste a moment and give that skill to my latest +10, Oboro.

Still keeping the hope that one day IS gives the game a skill shop. I would play around with some builds and units much more if availability wasn't linked to pulling a certain hero at a certain time.

Kinanza

Jun 25, 2018
I suggest never getting rid of any unit if you only have one copy of them.
I sacrificed OG Hector for his Distant Counter, but I still have his brave and legendary alts.

Most heroes I find useful I sorta inherit skills to units I like, for example I sacrificed Karla's Wrath for Ayra, and Summer Laegjarn's Swift Sparrow 3 to Nino.

Did I feel remorse? Yes, so many times.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Darn, some of you are pretty "savage" when it comes to feeding off heroes. ^^

I'm a bit more wary when it comes to feeding off, partially of the hoarder mentality i have in such games, but also because i applied a rule for myself to only give out premium skills to units with a certain amount of merges.
Like ... if the next banner introduces Close Def 4 finally, and i have a spare copy of the hero that comes with it, i'm not going to waste a moment and give that skill to my latest +10, Oboro.

Still keeping the hope that one day IS gives the game a skill shop. I would play around with some builds and units much more if availability wasn't linked to pulling a certain hero at a certain time.
the grail shop is the closest thing to a skill shop youll ever get. granted, i think its actually pretty good. except when the skill you want is on a grail unit you like, otherwise its just 100 grails and 20k feathers which isnt bad at all
i only like to give lv4 skills to units at +10 or ones i plan to +10 down the line. also have two extra Brave Celicas to give death blow + galeforce away. no clue who

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
If an fe4/5 unit can make good use of a premium skill, they get it. Outside of them, I think W!Cecilia getting a spare B Ephraim, my Kliff, and a W!Tharja are the only other premium inheritances I did.

The biggest motivation is I won't use those units outside of maybe AA and "Emblem" quests, so why bother keeping them?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being a super whale in AR, i'm talking about a full team of legendary/mythic heroes of the current season at +10, all decked out with premium skill.
Imagine being somehow upset that someone managed to beat your setup, with massive losses though, with a team that didn't have much thought put in and heavily relies on Ophelia nuking her way through your setup.
Imagine that whale probably didn't lose a single point of Lift despite the loss due to the reduced amount of Lift loss through the def team.

And now imagine being so upset by it, that you revenge battle the player who beat your setup with the full might of all your whale units, and still not manage to beat them without unit loss and thus reduced Lift loss on their side.

Yeah, that was my evening and night in AR. Just to be clear, i was the player who nukes his way through the whale's setup. ^^

Max Lift loss for me is 79 this week due to not really having enough Anima blessed units. Lost 59 Lift to the whale's revenge. If good old whale would've checked the seals on my units, he would've seen Cartia being equipped with Flier Formation, teleporting into a bubble of my other fliers, and 4x attack nuking the whales goddamned +10 Liki to oblivion. Dude was lucky that Galeforce on her didn't trigger.

First Lift loss this season, hurts a bit that it's nearly the full amount. For some reason though, it's only been the second defeat yet, others were all wins but one without Lift loss due to a prior win.

the grail shop is the closest thing to a skill shop youll ever get. granted, i think its actually pretty good. except when the skill you want is on a grail unit you like, otherwise its just 100 grails and 20k feathers which isnt bad at all
i only like to give lv4 skills to units at +10 or ones i plan to +10 down the line. also have two extra Brave Celicas to give death blow + galeforce away. no clue who

I think they could make good $ with a skill shop. Of course, skills would be much more expensive than pulling for heroes. I'd be most interested in some older skills, stuff like Wrath and so on, for example. Or Close Counter.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Akariss is stricly F2P and he is top 3k every week or so I hear. Whales have it easy because they have +10 Mythic heroes on defense weeks so they don't have to do much effort to remain in tier 21+.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
The thing about Akariss is he optimizes resources so much for PvP that, unless competition is your thing, I don't think a typical f2p will have anywhere near the same units as he does, considering investment and whatnot. Which isn't to say you can't learn from him; I've learned a lot watching his streams.

Put another way, AR is accessible to f2p units, but you need to commit as a f2p person and I don't think most people's goals in feh allow for that commitment. Top 3k is as high as I can go, since I don't want to commit orbs to extra Eir/Naga.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
That's true. Akariss only summons for fodder and his teams are purely 3-4* pool or greil units with premium skills (and mythics when needed). His streams are really informative and he posts highlight videos on Youtube. One that blew my mind was how a Galeforce Surtr totally destroyed his cavalry line defense team.
Pheonixmaster1 was also doing a series of videos about getting to tier 21 AR with his F2P account. His team was much more budget with Nino, Micaiah, and the free Eir as the main units.

Status
Not open for further replies.