• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I did some pulls on the Halloween banner, but this particular session appears to be bugged. A few of the units forgot to wear their costumes!

S37wgkJ.png

I'm expecting some apology orbs coming my way to fix this egregious error on IS's part.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hone fliers are for teams with blade tomes, beruka hanging out in a physical team, and wants that combination of Guard, quick riposte, and Iotes shield shes about to have.
Beruka will provide the hone fliers not be buffed by it, her parters can have fortify
Also Iote's shield isn't that necessary, most bow users are paper

Oct 25, 2017
Beruka will provide the hone fliers not be buffed by it, her parters can have fortify
Also Iote's shield isn't that necessary, most bow users are paper
I prefer to run Goads on physical teams. Spreading around buffs evenly. I dont run pre combat buffs at all. If I decide i need a little of them, then ill slot in a seal. Magic teams get hone and fortify to maximize blade tomes.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
The way it was worded was "the next pull is a guaranteed 5"... There's only one way to lock that in, given the way summons work and the choice of orbs.

yeah isn't that why when you have a high pity rate and you get a 5* it's generally worthwhile to pull the rest of the orbs anyways? i assumed that's how it worked since the start of the game and if i'm wrong...all those orbs

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
yeah isn't that why when you have a high pity rate and you get a 5* it's generally worthwhile to pull the rest of the orbs anyways? i assumed that's how it worked since the start of the game and if i'm wrong...all those orbs

I have extremely streaky luck in this game and of the many, many times I've hit absurdly high pity rates I have always tried to finish the pull. Including a few times I've bought orbs to do so. It has...pretty much never worked out, lol. Maybe once or twice with an extremely high % (like over 12%) on a legendary. I mean it makes sense to work that way, it just doesn't for me.

On that note I haven't put money into the game in about a year now. But I really like the new GHB abyssals and I'm playing more FEH than I have in ages. Maybe I'll grab the monthly thing.

edit: I got jack shit, oh well.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sigh....

Did I not say max score with bold fighter? It was either DC plus Bold Fighter or SB plus Warp Powder....
I am just saying that people that wanted to maximize score wouldn't use DC
Anyways he can reach max score with DB4 now so it is even less of an issue

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Flying Nino saved the day on Abyssal Robin. Nowitch/Airzuna/Nino/Cordelia. I brought Cordelia along to deal with the red mage at the end, but then Nino was able to tank him and take him out the following turn. Nino laughs at your puny weapon triangle.

fek

Oct 26, 2017
Got Myrrh with my free orbs but still want Mia and Kagero. Is another Halloween banner coming?

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Spent like 40 orbs on Halloween and got +res-def Mia and +res-atk Myrrh. I'll take it.

Also did this:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Got Myrrh with my free orbs but still want Mia and Kagero. Is another Halloween banner coming?

Likely last year's banner. Though pretty certain those units will show up in future legendary banners regardless. IMO, Halloween Jakob seems to be the only worthwhile unit from that banner especially with a lot of investment on him.

Update: Event Calendar

Last edited:

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
My AA matches are now mostly in the 744-752 range. Weirdly I'm not facing Zelgius much. Effie, M!Grima, B!Ephraim, and various Hectors sure, but I'm not facing Zelgius enough to consistently need to bust out Micaiah. L!Tiki I can excuse since if you're going to +10 her you're probably out of my range, but it feels like Zelgius is a lot rarer than he should be.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
So...no Halloween fun characters through using every orb I could find since starting this game a few days ago. I did manage to get Sothe and Celica from the 140 orbs or so. Either of these considered good pulls? I haven't yet begun to think about skill stealing for characters.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, they doubled the count for that free hero event for the last days. Guess their tracking showed that the players might fall just a tad short of the 10 million goal.

E:

Ah the new event calendar ... again missing in the german version of the game, NoE Germany you lazy bums ... translate it again already.

So new heroes coming near the end of the month ... you think they do start Book 3 this month with the new banner?

Last edited:

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
I did manage to get Sothe and Celica from the 140 orbs or so. Either of these considered good pulls? I haven't yet begun to think about skill stealing for characters.

Sothe is okay for a dagger unit, and Celica recently became very good with her new refined weapon. Once you get 200 Divine Dew, go into the Weapon Refinery to upgrade her Ragnarok and then inherit the 'Fury 3' skill onto her, she'll annihilate just about anything that isn't blue.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to get Halloween Mia with a great IV somehow (+spd/-def). My idea was just see if I could get either her or Myrrh and I guess she won out.

Didn't take very many orbs either. Looks like Tempest orbs are going straight into the stash.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Did a YOLO pull and got Maidero, -HP / +Atk. Great boon, sadly HP is her superbane. Oh well, not a problem for PVE / RD / GC usage.

She has solid mixed defense stats, what do you gals and guys think, a worthy user of Close Counter?

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Did a YOLO pull and got Maidero, -HP / +Atk. Great boon, sadly HP is her superbane. Oh well, not a problem for PVE / RD / GC usage.

She has solid mixed defense stats, what do you gals and guys think, a worthy user of Close Counter?

I struggle to think of a reason to give her anything fancy because she's a green armor, a physical one at that. Why not just use your Hector if you have one?

With CC she's doing the same thing as a Hector with less BST to work with and no good prf weapon (unless you really like daggers)

Now if she was hitting res with those defenses it'd be different but nah. I might just swap the A on mine to Death Blow and call it there.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I struggle to think of a reason to give her anything fancy because she's a green armor, a physical one at that. Why not just use your Hector if you have one?

With CC she's doing the same thing as a Hector with less BST to work with and no good prf weapon (unless you really like daggers)

Now if she was hitting res with those defenses it'd be different but nah. I might just swap the A on mine to Death Blow and call it there.

I like the halloween weapons, and Maidero actually has the Atk to make a lasting impact on enemies. Plus, no dagger, and no Hector without SI (and questionable efficiency of Special Fighter on him), resets the enemies special cooldown on both phases while having the skill that guarantees doubles and special cooldown reduction on initiation, with an additional Def/Res debuff after the fight. ^^

In short, she's probably a fun unit to use in every mode outside of Arena. ^^

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I like the halloween weapons, and Maidero actually has the Atk to make a lasting impact on enemies. Plus, no dagger, and no Hector without SI (and questionable efficiency of Special Fighter on him), resets the enemies special cooldown on both phases while having the skill that guarantees doubles and special cooldown reduction on initiation, with an additional Def/Res debuff after the fight. ^^

In short, she's probably a fun unit to use in every mode outside of Arena. ^^

Yeah for sure she's really good but her being green kind of ruins it for me and creates parallels with other beastly green units. If she stayed colorless though...

At the end of the day it's more a question of what you've got to use and how much you wanna use it. I'm still sitting on that free 4 star Takumi myself lol

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah for sure she's really good but her being green kind of ruins it for me and creates parallels with other beastly green units. If she stayed colorless though...

At the end of the day it's more a question of what you've got to use and how much you wanna use it. I'm still sitting on that free 4 star Takumi myself lol

Well, i got two spare 5* ones from pity breakers during the last year and the 4* free one in book form ... so it's not that i'm CC needs.

Maidero can run desperation bold fighter. That's pretty terrifying

Very specific build, and you need a limited 5* for that. It is scary no doubt once the Desperation threshold triggers, but personally, i like that "no specials for you" build more. ^^

After fighting a +10 WItchia in Arena Assault yesterday ... i know how fearsome this effect can be.

Oct 25, 2017
Very specific build, and you need a limited 5* for that. It is scary no doubt once the Desperation threshold triggers, but personally, i like that "no specials for you" build more. ^^

After fighting a +10 WItchia in Arena Assault yesterday ... i know how fearsome this effect can be.
Yea....I wish I never built this Summer Linde I got...shes -ATK and everything. I'd way prefer to have Kagero with that dagger now.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I got bored and gave one of my extra Close Def to Laegjarn and a Slaying Sword as well. It's kinda funny with Chill Atk on the 'magic' training map, since almost all enemies have the same attack stat she just nerfs everyone down to 33. Even before her double close def she'd be taking 0 damage from all enemies (that map is 100% melee physical).

My two Laegjarns are +def -spd and -atk +res, haven't merged them yet but I figured I'd just minmax with her massive def and Bonfire, hence the slaying sword. Her default weapon is cool but situational. I'd obviously want a better one but I like her as a character enough that I wanted to build and keep her.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
If you want to min-max her Def, why didn't you give your +Def Laegjarn Safeguard? Would work extemely well with Close Def, too.

Yea....I wish I never built this Summer Linde I got...shes -ATK and everything. I'd way prefer to have Kagero with that dagger now.

If it's the only one you have, it's ok. I never use a hero for inheritance when i only have a single one.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Over 100 orbs later and at 4.25% on the Halloween banner. Mmm I can see that Mist already!

EDIT: no green orbs on the TT banner. Thanks IS!

Last edited:

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to min-max her Def, why didn't you give your +Def Laegjarn Safeguard? Would work extemely well with Close Def, too.

Sure let me just pull a Lene out of my butt.

2 charge Bonfire is probably more useful than extreme overkill amounts of Def, but it would be fun if they make that weapon more accessible later.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Got a free Myrrh from the TT+ banner! She has terrible IVs but I don't care because she just became merge fodder for my good one.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Sothe is okay for a dagger unit, and Celica recently became very good with her new refined weapon. Once you get 200 Divine Dew, go into the Weapon Refinery to upgrade her Ragnarok and then inherit the 'Fury 3' skill onto her, she'll annihilate just about anything that isn't blue.

I think I have the wrong Celica, she has a royal sword, red sword unit, Warrior Priestess.

Status
Not open for further replies.