• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think I have the wrong Celica, she has a royal sword, red sword unit, Warrior Priestess.

Oh you have Brave Celica then. I call her Gaidica because she's rocking her outfit from Fire Emblem Gaiden back then.

Her default kit is already good and works well together, if you're dead-set on improving, give her a different weapon and maybe Distant Counter, if not, leave her as she is and enjoy a broken player phase unit. ^^

Only one yea, but if I hadnt invested in building her I'd still sac her to Kagero. I don't really care about Linde and I like Kagero.

I have many 5* heroes which i don't really care for, still keeping one for collection purposes. ^^

Sure let me just pull a Lene out of my butt.

2 charge Bonfire is probably more useful than extreme overkill amounts of Def, but it would be fun if they make that weapon more accessible later.

So your butt is the source of my two pity breaker ones? Good to know. ;]

She's taken the spot of to-go red pity breaker from Snackie for me, so i actually have some i could hand out. But not for my Laegjarn, made her a mixed brawler with +Atk / -Res. But i want to make a physical wall Hinata one day, dude has armor tier Def when +10 and fully built.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
*sigh*

In going for Halloween Myrrh and Mia, I've gotten

- Regular Mia
- Flora (at least I didn't already have her)
- Elise

From 130 orbs. Might be the worst banner I've ever done in terms of getting pity breakers.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Ursula certainly wasn't as easy as the last few. Went with L!Hector (DD seal), B!Hector, A!Tiki, and P!Azura. First turn Lector goes to the bottom left corner to kill the ninja while taking no damage. Tiki is right next to him. Bector goes to the top corner while Azura is right below him. L!Hector kills the ninja. Tiki and Lector move up one space, with Tiki getting Azura's dance.

Ursula attacks Lector, but with the DD seal and presumably Azura's Drive Res, he survives with 3 HP and smacks her for not even half her health. Tiki tanks green mage, but can't kill due to Ursula's Blazing Thunder taking her out of QR range. Armor wings over and attacks Tiki, dying since Tiki has the speed to double thanks to Azura. Upper ninja suicides on Bector, who is left with 18 HP. Next turn Tiki kills the green mage. Lector moves one space to the right. This lets Bector with his newly inherited Escape Route to teleport over and smack Ursula. Unfortunately he's -Atk, so even with another dance from Azura he can't kill her. Thankfully he's free to use the Atk +3 seal, giving him enough strength to kill Ursula. Sword cav tinks Bector, who Ignis bombs him... and leaves him with one HP. Bector kills next turn, but that's both funny and frustrating.

Reminds me of the Infernal quests earlier this year. Fun and makes you really look at what all your top units can do to see who can manage what while also getting into position in time.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Just as I'm about to build a flier emblem team I manage to pull a free Myrrh from the TT banner. Green is the best color.
She's +Atk/-Res so not the best ivs but still pretty good, now if only I had a regular Hector to give her Distant Counter...

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Lyn's fast enough to run Special Fighter over Bold too, giving her an enemy phase depending on what weapon and A-skill she carries.

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
The game really likes giving me offbanner5 stars I've already got recently. Got Maribelle on my first try at the Halloween banner, Elincia on the Tempest Trials free summon (had no green) and Morgan (F) after spending the rest of my orbs

Last edited:

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Red is off banner central. Big reason why I hate pulling on it and why I'd never consider doing a +10 5 star exclusive project.

I got this month's orb pack and literally the first red orb I opened was a Horse Chrom with infuriatingly good IVs (+Atk/-HP). Why the hell couldn't you be Myrrh you son of a bitch? Then I went and did the paralogue and came back. Got another 5 star and it was Karla this time. All in all, that wasn't really that many orbs and way under the average of pulling Myrrh (should be around 150-170). It's just, I dunno man. Red focuses hate me.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Past couple of days have been lucky. Pulled HMia and HMyrrh yesterday and today I got Hector on the TT banner. That means Myrrh got DC which means...

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Third non halloween 5 star, Siegbert.

:/ I keep doing missions and only opening red and neutral for the characters I want and still nope.

13 orbs, nothing, 13 more orbs from more missions, got halloween Mia. Took about 150+ orbs, but at least I got it.

Last edited:

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I had some spare Olwens laying around so I merged them together and gave her LnD and honestly I'm really enjoying her, with buffs she easily hit high enough speed to quad a lot of units. Reinhardt is definitely better because he just hits harder an is really easy to merge, but I like her too.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Got a good run today: 7 5*s (6 focus units: Laevatein, Helbindi, and the Halloweenies) in about 280 orbs. Only pitybreaker was an improvement on my 5* Legault, and only real dud nature was a -a -Atk Halloween Kagero.

Should set me up nicely to take runs at H!Nowi and Innes next week to fill those gaps.

Oct 25, 2017
My Halloween pull got me zero pitybreakers (wut), a +HP/-ATK Halloween Niles (sup), a +ATK/-SPD Halloween Myrrh (yesssss), and a 4% rate chasing after Halloween Mia. Still got 200 orbs left, though I may cut my losses. I'm just asking for Mist to show up.

Man, I really could go for a Male Grima, he's now the only dragon I don't have.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus ... just faced another Witchia in my daily 3 matches AA run (for the quest) ... +10 (of course), Wrathful Dazzling Witchy Wand, Atk/Spd Push and Atk Smoke as the C-skill, Guidance seal.

This little bitc.... witch nearly wiped my whole team, and those who survived her were finished by the other enemies warping to her due to Guidance.

Now i know what build i will make.

E: Wait a freaking moment, Atk Smoke is uninheritable by healers!?! Did i fight a freaking cheater???

Last edited:

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus ... just faced another Witchia in my daily 3 matches AA run (for the quest) ... +10 (of course), Wrathful Dazzling Witchy Wand, Atk/Spd Push and Atk Smoke as the C-skill, Guidance seal.

This little bitc.... witch nearly wiped my whole team, and those who survived her were finished by the other enemies warping to her due to Guidance.

Now i know what build i will make.

E: Wait a freaking moment, Atk Smoke is uninheritable by healers!?! Did i fight a freaking cheater???

are you sure it wasn't guidance in the c slot and the atk smoke seal?

also witchia is a terrible portmanteau. i just call her mitch.

Oct 25, 2017
3XEcnOt7Am-2.png

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't drawn a new 5* unit since... Sumia? When was when, July? I think this is IS telling me to quit the game lol

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I think I'm saving up orbs for Christmas now considering how many I used to get halloween Mia. My favorite units are still the two I got for free when starting the game after liking Dragalia Lost, Veronica and Brave Lyn. Mia's weapon is good and the design is super cute but I have to keep her alive and she doesn't do any real damage. Halloween Mia is my official FE mascot while the other squad does the harder battles. Maybe she needs other skills? My IVs seem to be atk/res with fairly bad speed.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'm at 340ish orbs and no idea what to spend it on. I'm trying to snipe Judgral units and the Swordhardt/Ishtar banner makes sense, but Ishtar shares color and Swordhardt is red and I hate sniping red and it ends in hours anyway. Leif will probably be on the drive attack banner, but again I hate sniping red. Part of me is worried Christmas or NY will bring a Judgral seasonal, so I keep hording (horbing?).

I got Guard Bow on Jamke and once I get a Silas die steady stance he'll be really nice to counter colorless units in hero battles. I mean, yes, there are better options, but I want to do Hero Battles with Judgral Emblem.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
This hero fest thing for beginners, should I be using orbs on that? 5.31% 5 star focus drop rate. It ends in a day, still think I should wait for Christmas stuff

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
This hero fest thing for beginners, should I be using orbs on that? 5.31% 5 star focus drop rate. It ends in a day, still think I should wait for Christmas stuff
If your goal is to get 5* units, you're best off waiting for legendary banner near end of month.

These banner feature eleven returning 5* exclusive heroes, including a few seasonal, plus a new legendary hero. The main draw for beginners is the initial pull rate is 8%. The catch? If you're trying to snipe a particular hero (especially the exclusive legendary hero), it's hard to get. But if you're new and just want to get new heroes, absolutely this is a good place to start.

If you want more units, there's a few places to look that don't require orbs. The special map has a lot of free units, particularly Grand Hero Battle units. My favorite unit, Arvis, is one to you can get on Sunday. These maps are usually hard, but the easiest difficultly for a 3* version of this hero is usually manageable with level 40 units. Legendary Ike can be obtained from a prologue and Fjorm can be found from completing chapter 1 in book 2. Additionally, there are regular hero battles that give you 1* and 2* versions of certain heroes, I find Cecilia particularly useful for her Raventome.

Also, GHB units can only be obtained from GHB; if you kill them for skills you may lose access to them. I never use mine for skill inheritance, but to each their own.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
If your goal is to get 5* units, you're best off waiting for legendary banner near end of month.

These banner feature eleven returning 5* exclusive heroes, including a few seasonal, plus a new legendary hero. The main draw for beginners is the initial pull rate is 8%. The catch? If you're trying to snipe a particular hero (especially the exclusive legendary hero), it's hard to get. But if you're new and just want to get new heroes, absolutely this is a good place to start.

If you want more units, there's a few places to look that don't require orbs. The special map has a lot of free units, particularly Grand Hero Battle units. My favorite unit, Arvis, is one to you can get on Sunday. These maps are usually hard, but the easiest difficultly for a 3* version of this hero is usually manageable with level 40 units. Legendary Ike can be obtained from a prologue and Fjorm can be found from completing chapter 1 in book 2. Additionally, there are regular hero battles that give you 1* and 2* versions of certain heroes, I find Cecilia particularly useful for her Raventome.

Also, GHB units can only be obtained from GHB; if you kill them for skills you may lose access to them. I never use mine for skill inheritance, but to each their own.

I've been playing a lot since starting last week, I got the freebies Veronica and Lyn, Ike and Fjorn like you mentioned, then got Reinhardt red sword, witch Mia, sothe, Celica warrior priestess, and Siegbert. I leveled them all up and beat this current GHB lower levels today. I'll look out for Sunday's hero as this one didn't offer one as a reward. Thanks for the info, I'll probably draw a few during that legendary event and skip this hero fest thing. I'm at 50 orbs and have finished book 2 ( sutur was rough) and a lot of other stuff so quick win orbs are almost done.

Oct 25, 2017
And a +ATK/-DEF Halloween Mia means I'm done with the banner. That went way better than last year.

Free Hinata tomorrow, and a free 4* Berkut if 30 million mages are deployed. Time to stick some in my TT auto-team.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
More summons. Got to double 5's before getting a 5-star, one of my worst runs. Got Spooky Myrrh (+Spd/-Atk dammit) and my third normal Ephraim on the same roll. If it weren't for IVs I'd be laughing. Then got +HP/-Res Bow Hinoka. First time I've gotten her, so that's cool. Then another Spooky Myrrh, this time +Def/-Res, so good enough. And finish off with +Def/-Atk Witch Mia. Well I got what I want, so that's enough for now. But I still kind of want to whale for Myrrh.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Michalis required me to switch H!Nowi for Air Nino and Cherche for normal Myrrh (really needed the tank this time), but once more fliers rule the sky.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
My Halloween Mia was super high atk and super low speed. Will that be troublesome?

Probably not. Unless you run both wrathful and dazzling staff (one as a weapon refine and another as a B skill), healers struggle to commit offensively to a team. This isn't a huge problem, since they're there for support. Mia's main job is to slow cooldowns so your other members can safely engage; give her weapon a dazzle refine and, honestly, her stats don't matter in this role.

That said, if you really want to run a 'wrazzle dazzle' (wrathful+dazzling) combination, then her speed may be an issue. But this is probably true for any Halloween Mia since 34 at neutral isn't great and she needs to run bond skills for speed anyway (she comes with one, at least). But if you want a strong offensive ranged flier, there are honestly much better options.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Laegjarn has been the key to almost all my abyssal ghb clears so far, lol. Dull ranged on Michalis was a nasty trick but fliers won after a few tries.

Inspired me to try for her some more...9 orb yolo roll got me no reds and a Helbindi. -atk +spd but that's the story of this banner so far. Insane 5* rates and everyone has terrible stats. Six 5* including 2 random Lucinas and I can't imagine I've spent more than 70-80 orbs. Just nuts.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There hasn't been a ton to do lately in this game, and when I get bored, I work on gimmick Lukas.

Pretty niche in terms of usefulness since he has to run away from mages and most dragons, but it's fun to see how many green axes he can defeat. Could be a decent defense team member for Arena to catch physical-only teams. Was originally running Ignis but after putting Steady Breath on him, with the -1 Slaying Cooldown, it became inefficient. Went for the Double Bonfire Counter build instead because it was slightly cheaper. Thinking about going Guard 3 + QR seal, since getting close to 60 enemy phase DEF is most certainly overkill. Would like to put him on some kind of tactics team with a couple ranged units and maybe a mixed tank.

Seems like the kind of unit you could build a couple different ways. Have seen Berkut's Lance+ floated around as an option to take on dragons too. The idea of giving him some gimmicky combination of Harmonic Lance+, Wrath, and Ignis is also interesting, for all that special damage. It's not worth giving up a Wrath for, though.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Michalis was the trickiest abyssal GHB for me so far since I had no reliable way to take him out with my usual teams, and tanking his AoE is impossible for any of my units. Ended up having to experiment a bit and eventually came up with a solution using Lewyn, BHector and two Olivias. When you got a Forsetti, every problem's a Blazing Wind.

On an unrelated note, am I the only one who always procrastinates to do Arena Assault? Maybe it's because I still don't have enough built units to make the most out of it but I always look at it as something I have to do for the sacred coins rather than an actually enjoyable mode. It just takes too much time.

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't call Steady Breath & Quick Riposte a gimmick build. That's about as meta as it gets.

That's fair, it just seems gimmicky on a unit like Lukas. I usually see it on mixed tanks. Buffing his combat defense to near 60 is kind of dumb.

It's a shame how the bonus kills work in Arena now, seems kind of pointless to improve him and bring him into battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.