• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Any idea when the new update will launch? I was confused this morning and saw 'Start Download' and went looking for Horse Roy's refinements only to realize that I didn't update.
New *version* update (the one with refines) always accompanies the first full banner of the month, i.e. the one on the sixth. This update is just adding legendary Julia and associated content.

Edit: got legendary Julia in 130 orbs. +hp - def. I'll take it, andc probably be done with this banner, since going for a merge is an awful *awful* idea.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
Thanks Bone and Kef. Used my free pull at like 4am and got a sweet 3* Donnel. And that concludes what I'll be pulling on this legendary banner. Saving orbs and feathers for a bit. I have a few build that are around 5 merges in that I'm putting on hold at the moment.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
At last, +10 L!Ike is finished. He's been sitting at +8 merges since his January appearance, I've had pretty poor legendary banner luck all year. That gives me a +10 legendary to cover 3 arena seasons, finally.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
At last, +10 L!Ike is finished. He's been sitting at +8 merges since his January appearance, I've had pretty poor legendary banner luck all year. That gives me a +10 legendary to cover 3 arena seasons, finally.
Whats your asset on L!Ike? This banner has brought me great fortune as i snagged a +spd L!Ike, a +atk L!Tiki, 2 L!Roys, and a L!Julia with only 70+ orbs. roy was funny as he was my free pull and the next red orb was just another roy both neutral in the same summoning session.

already have a +def L!Roy from his banner but not sure what to do with all these roys...

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
No blue on the free summon.

Abyssal Duma wasn't too hard. The map basically forces your foes to march toward you in single file.

Abyssal Naga took a bit more work, requiring some skill and seal changes and more careful positioning to make things line up. Switched Def Smoke to Res Tactic on Ares, swapped out Armored Boots for Distant Defense on Legendary Hector, and gave Ophelia Drive Res seal, all to help Hector soak up a lot of damage. One particular foe carrying Windsweep turned out quite useful, as he blocked other melee units from attacking Hector (most notably the red Armorsmasher cavalry following close behind). Ares and Ophelia picked off all the foes Hector didn't or couldn't handle, with support from Adrift Azura.

Abyssal Roy and Julia I haven't figured out yet. My attempts at Roy so far have ended with my team scattered all over the bottom half of the map right as Roy moves down into it with a horde of enemies following close behind. With Julia, my current team seems to have hit a dead end. The first few turns go excellently, but in the final few turns my team gets cornered by Julia and her last few reinforcements in the bottom left corner of the map, with not enough of an opening to take out Julia and not enough safe tiles to have everyone survive.

Back up to 200k feathers now, so it's time for me to decide who's next to +10. Aversa would probably the wisest and most practical investment, but there's some other units I'd love to +10 too - Catria, Cherche, Est, Lilina, Nino, and some others. I could also start building regular Adult Tiki since I lack properly built dragons. Winter Cecilia I really want to get merged up too, but I don't think I can justify spending my grails on her before Aversa.

Oct 25, 2017
Just a Subaki from the legendary banner for me, I'm in save mode until October.

The abyssals totally wreck me. I should really just look up some guides, but I've been putting them off and now I've got like, 5 of them to tdo. Ugh.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Abyssal (and partially infernal) LHBs and MHBs made me value PM1's stuff. That's simply also the reason why i picked Queencaiah as my free Brave Hero, and will keep all of those free 5* heroes that come with the next updates new game mode, despite the free Ninian could make mine +5. Or why i keep a lvl 40 4* neutral Olivia. ^^

Though i learned it too late, as some stuff that he uses frequently, like Fjorm or LIke were eaten for merges, or in Fjorm's case were the base for merges.

Go Team Queenmilla! E: Sorry. Bramilla of course.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's three pity-breakers on the legendary banner trying to get L!Julia, so I'm out. Time to cut my losses. Got a L!Tiki, Naga, and my first HS!Elise on a no-blue circle. I think I'll just wait for L!Julia to return on another legendary banner with other blues that I want more. L!Tiki and Naga are good but I already have them and I'm not aiming to merge them up. In hindsight, I should have done that in the first place.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I'm so sick of Aether Raids. It started out as this fun, build your own map mode and now it's just a test in patience and temperament. I'm so sick of losing to the same damn map layouts with the same damn unit compositions. I've been stuck in Tier 19 now for fucking months. I could care less about defense losses if they actually didn't affect your lift, and I wish they would weight the balance more towards attacking teams. Some of this shit is harder than Abyssal GHB/LHB/MHBs. The really strange part to me is that I don't feel this way about Arena at all, where I bounce between 18 and 19 all the time with only having hit Tier 20 once.

What a garbage fire of a mode. Honestly wish I could quit this game like I've quit some other free-to-play games in the last few months, but I feel too invested and the fact this has been in my pocket for two years isn't an easy attachment to shake. I really have enjoyed my time with FEH over the years, but it wasn't until this shit was added that I actively feel punished for being a "dolphin". Every other mode up to this point has felt fair, literally every other ranked mode.

Deleted member 9972

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AR gets a lot of hate, but I've actually enjoyed the mode. I started playing FEH a few months after AR started, so I had some catching up to do (which is a bit easier said than done as a FtP player), but double galeforce birdspam got me to tier 21 pretty quickly. Maybe this isn't true of the earlier tiers, but I actually see quite a bit of diversity in tier 21, such that most battles are unique and challenging, but doable. Given that most content in this game follows the structure of "click autobattle and watch your resources increase", I'd go as far as to say AR is a breath of fresh air where you can actually challenge your best team(s) without waiting once a month for one abysmal map. And if you can't get to tier 21, don't sweat it! We're talking a loss of ~5 grails and dragonflowers a week.

Lion King + Kaden + BonusDoublerBot Eliwood also wipes 90% of maps, but watching enemy units repeatedly do 0 damage and take 75 in return is only fun the first 2 weeks.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
AR simply needs restrictions. I've always been a supporter of having another pool of heroes in Arena, and now AR, that decrease your possible score for using them.

Because ... just this week for my Arena run, at one point i was so sick of seeing teams with 2 +10 Surtrs.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Having no restrictions for AR is a good thing as it promotes team variety. You could say the seasons are a restriction since you have to use Naga/Eir for more lift. Sure it's annoying when defense teams overload on dancers and Veronica but there are ways around it. I don't play high tier Arena but it must be boring facing armours all the time.

Aside from the extra unit, I think the mode still favours offense. The AI is fairly easy to manipulate and the terrain is manageable. Yes, sometimes your calculations are off by a few HP and that bottleneck turns into a WoM massacre, but that's what ladders are for.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'd argue having no restrictions works against variety more than it promotes it. Because if there's no pentalty running double Vallazura all the time on defense, why should players get more creative?

Basically the same for Arena, at least in terms of defense teams. It's especially strange that IS forced restrictions on player in Arena offense, as you "must" use one bonus hero, and build you team to best support this hero to get the bonus points.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I don't take AR too seriously, I'd still call it the best mode we have in the game. It favors strategic thinking more than any other mode. It has two reliable paths to success - either get good or open your wallet. (In an ideal world, opening your wallet wouldn't be one of the paths to success, but that's the nature of gacha.)

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I picked him as my free unit, he's become one of my favorite protagonists; you know I'm backing my boy Alm in the new VG.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I don't want to have to use a bonus on defense because I like my Jugdral theme team. Currently at 5 out of 7 successes 👀.

No, seriously, there's a surprisingly fun satisfaction seeing a whaling Corrin die to a Finn.

Offense is way too restrictive with bonus and mythics. It'll feel less restrictive once we have more options for light/Astra mythics, but any more would be absolute overkill. Like, optimal comps only allow two free slots which is just.. Really?

In either case, I have love/hate relationship with AR. It can be frustrating at times, like as I'm reworking my light teams I'm annoyed at the supply of light blessings that basically means I'll have to shoot myself in the foot for like a month. Something like bonus units are automatically treated as in season blessed units for scoring purposes would be really nice. But, when I'm doing well, there's also a certain thrill of executing a strategy and seeing everything going according to plan. My Finn (offense build) has been a huge MVP this week, and seeing all of his investment pay off has been amazing.

I also effectively handicap myself with conserving orbs and grails for jugdral units only, leading to some jamky af team comps and need to be creative. I make do with what I have. So like, I've gotten to top 1k with my weird af barracks, so I feel doing well in the mode is possible for f2p.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I saw a video of somebody using Special Spiral Deirdre on defense. She is no joke. Her tome lets her ignore field buffs, buffs herself, and kills dragons. It kinda made me want to build one.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
That must be unluckiest PM1's summoning video. He usually gets all focus units like it's nothing.

Oct 25, 2017
The gacha giveth, the gacha taketh away.
Reminds me of the time I blew a little under 300 or so just for one LTiki.
At least I got the hero I was looking for!

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Last month when I spend nearly 160 orbs and got two focus units on a legendary banner, I became increasingly convinced the 8 percent rate is not what it seems...

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to have a pair up finally so I pulled, like 20 orbs, sorry PM1...

But my IV is garbage, +SPD-RES only thing worse wouldve been like +SPD-ATK

Still with her overall stats and primary usage being AB, she'll work.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
The gacha mechanics are probably my least favorite thing about the game. It reached the point where I start feeling insecure if I dip below 700, because I don't really like leaving things up to chance. I mean, you have to, that's the gacha, but I like to be at the point where I'm going into a banner at the 99th percentile.

Berkut

Oct 25, 2017
I got to like 6%/3% on the weekly banner trying to pull more b!roys... got siegbert instead
but I got a free like in the legendary banner...it balance out i guess.

Deleted member 4208

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the topic of the legendary banners and orbs, I've been tinkering on-and-off (as a project to learn Python) with a summoning simulator that will color-snipe for units on a banner and record if it got anything on the first pull and then how many orbs it took to eventually get the unit(s) wanted. Someone on Reddit did the same but they summarized their data in a pie chart. I wanted more detailed information. My simulator gets about the same results for the average, median, etc. but I used a cumulative distribution curve with a histogram to show the results. This gives a better idea of what to expect going in to a banner with a set number of orbs. Mine also looks at what colors are most likely to be pity-breakers. If the desired color(s) are not present, it picks one orb of the color least likely to break pity. It also (admittedly unrealisitcally) assumed the summoner has an infinte orb stash. Here are my results for color-sniping for Julia on this banner from 1 million simulations:

2Egd1U2.png

So for example, if you look at 375 orbs on the horizontal axis, the red curve is at about the 85% mark on the vertical axis. That means in 85% of my simulations the summoner got L!Julia with 375 orbs or less. But that also means in about 15% of the simulations it took more than 375 orbs to get her. So while unfortunate, it's not a rare occurrence to take more than 375 orbs to get a particular blue on a legendary banner. He was also very unlucky in only getting two 5* units at all.

The histogram bars show how many simulations fell within each orb range. So for example the first bar on the left goes from 0 (though the min is really 5) to 50 orbs and has a height at about the 20% mark. So in 20% of the simulations it took between 0 (really, 5) and 50 orbs to get L!Julia.

Knowing just how much I would need to spend to have a decent chance to get a particular unit on a banner has helped me spend less. Also remember that you are never "due" to get a particular unit no matter how many pity-breakers you get or how many orbs you spend. The only time you are guaranteed a 5* is if you go 120 pulls with no 5*.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Celica caught a cold, so the dance troupe needed a backup member in her stead. Julia trained very hard for this, as it had always been her dream to be a dancer. Right when she was about to win, Nino swept in and won the whole competition without any effort, earning her a spot on the troupe. Julia uh, did not take it well.

Celica wasn't going to work without too much finicking, but my Nino is stronger statistically. All she needed was Savage Blow, Brazen Atk/Spd Seal, Luna over Aether, and additional Spur and Drive Atk support from her dancers. Julia herself was a tough nut to crack, but out of combat buffs always come through in a pinch.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Julia might have been my fastest abyssal. I think it only took around 15 minutes to figure a solution. The team I used was very overpowered, but if it works... Its the usual Nino and 3 dancers, so there's not much to be said. Except Light and Dark completely disables Iris Tome, and since Nino could only do ~40 damage to Julia and die in retaliation, I equiped TA on my NY Azura so even a 42 atk noodle hit from a dancer would leave Julia below 40hp

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
OK, so I have an extra Duma right now that I haven't booked yet. Crystal him and stick him on the AR defense team or manual him for (presumably) Bold Fighter?

Def/Res Solo could have some utility on folk with inate DC/CC in their weapons that can tank well like Caineghis (or any armour beast we get in the future,) F!Tiki if you wanted to drop Brazen, Boey if you want to +10 someone, but that's a bit of a reach to make a manual out of him for.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It feels like Alm and Berkut could go down to the wire. Past couple times I checked last night and this morning, they've had the "Same" status.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Did Bramilla have a single disadvantage multiplier yet? Everytime i check she's having the lead.

Yeah when you are a popular character and it's against your not as popular counterpart, I wouldn't expect it. Poor Hinoka really gets it bad in VGs. It's why prefer her more than Camilla and why I lament never managing to grab her alts.

And a little late on those AR feats and woes. Me personally, would like to bring up that one time I went against a defense team that had a +10 Finn with DC and Berkut's Lance. I was literally all "F—————-!" Most of my units somehow couldn't beat him.

Then there was this week when someone managed to use Seliph with Tyrfing refine quite well; had also DC, Vantage and Vengeance (an otherwise not recommended special). But the worst of it was when the other allies in the defense map had WOM, one of them being Ophelia (forgot what others bombarded me). And I was all (in Joseph Joestar voice) "OH NO!"

Really gotta pay more attention to what skills the enemy team is using lol!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Camilla's had a handful of disadvantages.
There should be another in a couple of hours.

I have a gut feeling that Camilla's going to lose thanks to multipliers. But that's only because it's happened to me for three VGs straight.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Always the Hotsauce out there, jinxing things.

Yeah when you are a popular character and it's against your not as popular counterpart, I wouldn't expect it. Poor Hinoka really gets a bad in VGs. It's why prefer her more than Camilla and why I lament never managing to grab her alts.

Kinshinoka's been a pity breaker for me numerous times ... +5 one, only really pulled for the initial one. After i noticed that she really lacks a punch to do what she should with her Bow, beating armors, i really lost interest in her. Yet RNG was like, you gonna get her and you gonna like her.

And about VG, i actually joined Bramilla because i though it would be easy wins, just not by that amount that i really have to see how to get a higher ranking somehow. ^^

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Always the Hotsauce out there, jinxing things.

Kinshinoka's been a pity breaker for me numerous times ... +5 one, only really pulled for the initial one. After i noticed that she really lacks a punch to do what she should with her Bow, beating armors, i really lost interest in her. Yet RNG was like, you gonna get her and you gonna like her.

Yeah probably could have gotten a better attack stat and 17 DEF doesn't cut it, especially when most players give armors DC. Perhaps when she gets a refine (which isn't anytime soon sadly) it should be similar to Flora's weapon which grants her +20 DEF on player phase. Or give her a conditional Firesweep effect that only effects armor units. Yeah I think either should suffice.

In the meantime, without a doubt best armor-busting flier is Light Priestess Micaiah.

Last edited:

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
Gave Abyssal Roy another shot. Kept my units a bit closer together, then hit and run with Ophelia to take Roy out the turn he came in from above. Still ended up in unfavorable positions on the last turn, unable to get all my units to safety and incapable of taking out all enemy threats. The solution was to switch Wings of Mercy to Escape Route on Adrift Azura, allowing her to dance Ophelia in that final player phase to take out two critical threats. First time I ever used Escape Route outside of Tactics Drills!

I also finally cracked Abyssal Julia. She gave me quite a bit of trouble. Nothing can survive her first initiation, and nobody on my team had enough firepower to take her out in one round. Ophelia barely scratched her due to her high Res, Ares had triangle disadvantage, and even a 71 Atk Aether from Legendary Hector left her barely alive. After a lot of trial and error with positioning, I found a strategy that got me quite far in, but the turn Julia started moving with the healer and sword cavalier behind her seemed impossible to get through. I was able to take out Julia in two rounds with Hector and a dance, but it left my other units exposed to the remaining reinforcements. I managed to get the healer to stay put the turn they would normally start moving by a few turns prior getting some Ophelia splash damage on Julia for them to heal (switching the usual Blazing Wind to Growing Wind as I needed to maintain the horizontal coverage too), and by taking out Julia with Ares instead of Hector, Hector could position Ophelia to take out the top lance cavalier. This still left the sword cavalier, who would survive Ares' Vantage hit and kill him. The final tweak I needed was to change Ophelia's special to specifically Growing Flame to extend the splash damage to the sword cavalier while also maintaining horizontal coverage and splash damage on Julia.

Didn't get much from the Legendary Banner yet, but I did finally pick up a +Atk Reinhardt. My Reinhardt was already at +6, and it seems holding off on merging him further until I found a +Atk copy paid off with that free 5* copy incoming from Heroes' Path.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Got another F!Hardin on my free summon from the BHB banner. HP+/RES-. Will just be a simple merging into my existing one.

And lol at Berkut managing to see another round in the VG! The power of the Kriemhild, y'all!

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
BHB wasn't too bad, though took me a bit of thinking, but managed it with L!Ike, L!Hector, L!Tiki and Bridal Fjorm. The latter or any flier makes for a great distraction on Gordin.

Deleted member 4208

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A!Tiki solo'd almost all difficulties for this BHB. She couldn't take them all on in Infernal, though. She needed some help with the blue armor knight and the green tome flyer but nothing Cherche and an archer couldn't handle.

Xelis

Jul 28, 2019
Being new to the game, I've no idea what to do with dupe characters, I got 2 Julia, 2 Duma and 3 Gunnthra.

Nov 7, 2017
Julia doesn't have good fodder so just merge her. Duma can probably merged unless you really need his A or B skill for another unit. Gunnthra could be merged unless you need her Res Ploy.

Status
Not open for further replies.