• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
On an unrelated note, am I the only one who always procrastinates to do Arena Assault? Maybe it's because I still don't have enough built units to make the most out of it but I always look at it as something I have to do for the sacred coins rather than an actually enjoyable mode. It just takes too much time.

Gotta have something to do on a Monday.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
So i pulled a halloween mia, and used her in tap battle today. I wasn't prepared.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Xander was fun. My free Sanaki was practically meant for this. Killed right swordie with P!Azura support and tanked infantry mage. Next turn charged iceberg let her kill healed infantry mage. Nino with Azura support killed lance guy. Nowi could then tank Xander and cavalry mage. Cleanup after that was easy.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Cool, got Myrrh as well and since I don't care about Niles this banner has been a resounding success. She even came with a superfluous 180 BST which is nice I guess (not a +Atk one).

Gonna take a break for a little while. Following the game day to day just makes it seem really stale. At minimum probably until book 3 drops and if not maybe the end of the year that way a bunch of new units would have been added and I'll have no idea wtf is going on.

If there's a cool free unit I might jump back on and pick them up but then its back to being deleted.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Are heroes that start at lower stars and get potential unlocked worse in stats than already higher ones?

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
On an unrelated note, am I the only one who always procrastinates to do Arena Assault? Maybe it's because I still don't have enough built units to make the most out of it but I always look at it as something I have to do for the sacred coins rather than an actually enjoyable mode. It just takes too much time.
I just do one battle every week and ignore it. Ain't nobody got time for that. I already struggle with normal arena with super merged units. Not even sure what I need dew for. All these past units with refined weapons have been severely underwhelming.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
So Green Dual Infantry. Anna is by far the best option, right? Merges when?

Edit: Just not realistic to get to T21 without merges. I do have 6 BIkes lol. No Steady Breath tho

Last edited:

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Same 'red mage to the right' strategy as original Xander works, but I needed swordbreaker 1 and a Flyzura dance on Sanaki.

Funny thing is the rest ended up being easier than expected, I went in with a random team and setup because I was just testing if Sanaki would work. But the healer attacked Flyzura which bodyblocked Xander and made cleanup easy.

TT squad is Brave Hector + boots, Normal Dorcas + def tactic seal, Veronica set up for tankiness and res tactic, and normal Myrrh. They seem to work great so far. Myrrh running around with like 56 def or something taking 1 damage from Falchions. Her chip damage from Fury keeps Veronica from getting aggressive so I haven't had to take her weapon off, and her lack of DC means mages prioritize her over Dorcas.

I guess I should make a decision on my Myrrh - I got 3 during a legendary banner a while ago. I'm using a -ATK +DEF one, and I have a -HP +SPD at level 1. I already used one spare to give Nowi Hone Dragons so I have little use for her as fodder. +SPD is a super boon but she's still slow as shit and it's no benefit if I'm using Great Flame, I could however just give her lightning breath. I won't be using a DC on her ever since Fae is my only +10.

Last edited:

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
So Green Dual Infantry. Anna is by far the best option, right? Merges when?

Anna's a good choice if you intend to use her a bonus unit. If you just want to bump the score range of your arena core and don't already use a green 170+ BST armor, then I think it's generally agreed that Soren is the best choice for that (he's +10 mergeable and has a weapon refine that provides debuff support to help your bonus unit in normal arena).

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a +2 Inigo I considered giving G duel to, but eh I'd rather just keep Helbindi. Even though he's probably got his worst possible stat spread, lol.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I'd honestly wait for the 3.0 update before making such rare inherits especially onto a unit you can't merge well.

Oct 25, 2017
My phone only has 16GB so I switched to space saving mode. I've been transported to an alternate timeline when the GBA Fire Emblems had voice samples. No a big deal since I usually play on mute but Tap Battle is painful.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I bought the welcome bundle for $4, it begins. I have no armor units and thought one would be good, though I have too many fire units now.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Well, having an Arvis with a very unconcentional build (Valflame/Iceberg/Swap/TA3/Guard 1/filler/Quick Riposte 2 Seal) and Reinhardt with Jorge's AoE special of all things help me beat Xander's GHB, alongside a dancer (Lene), was something.

IDK, I just find Arvis being reduced to a resistance tank amusing. Julius is probably the better resistance tank (I missed Julius the first time he came arond), since Arvis is much better as quad ploy boy and psuedo-healer with unique skill set, but he has the stats for a resistance tank.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Arvis has almost been made completely irrelevant by Katrina's refine, which is a shame since I liked using Arvis. His healing ability just can justify a slot on teams over Katrina's superior combat ability unless you're talking about Tempest Trials.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Arvis has almost been made completely irrelevant by Katrina's refine, which is a shame since I liked using Arvis. His healing ability just can justify a slot on teams over Katrina's superior combat ability unless you're talking about Tempest Trials.

Speaking of Katarina, is it worth using a -Atk/+Spd one or would Arvis be a better option? I haven't built any red mages yet and most of my best options got IV screwed. Like, is a -Atk/+Spd Celica worth investing or am I better off building my -HP/+Res Bridal Tharja instead? I'm a bit hesitant to waste the dews on a refine when I've got a cheaper option available with similar enough performance, but I dunno. It's the same situation with Katarina I guess, I only have enough dew for one refine and their alternatives are cheaper to build and provide similar enough performances in the same roles (well, I guess Arvis isn't exactly cheap when I still need to drop 20k feathers on him, but from my experience feathers are easier to "farm").

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Granted, being a free unit, Arvis is going to be outclassed.

But, honestly, I don't really like pulling the most powerful units; there's something far more satisfying about making a unit you like viable. And since I really *really* like Judgral, a lot of my effort the past few months have been making my Judgral units more viable.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
+Def Spooky Myrrh in TT with Def Tactics boost is giving her 58 Def. Such an adorable monster. She may not have DC, but she can tank just about anything and kill everything in her path. Maybe I could give her Sol or something and let her auto through Hard mostly on her own.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Halloween Mia is fun. Disrupting specials is quite frankly a godsend in certain challenge maps.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
How do I know who to inherit skills from? Arthur four star has swap I want to give to a black knight to help with kana battle I saw in a strategy thing. But what if these people secretly have other good skills I'd be losing?

And a Cain to give wings of mercy to Mia.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Both of those guys are relatively easy to get so there should be no worries in foddering them to other units. Arthur's other relatively useful skill would be lancebreaker but he gets the best version at 5 stars so don't worry about it. Cain has Brave sword but it's a weapon that is better on the units it cames from.

There are some reference posts of who to keep and who is safe to get rid of in Reddit, and since the 4 stars pool grows slow as hell they are still pretty relevant.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem.../updated_list_of_units_that_are_safe_to_send/

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Both of those guys are relatively easy to get so there should be no worries in foddering them to other units. Arthur's other relatively useful skill would be lancebreaker but he gets the best version at 5 stars so don't worry about it. Cain has Brave sword but it's a weapon that is better on the units it cames from.

There are some reference posts of who to keep and who is safe to get rid of in Reddit, and since the 4 stars pool grows slow as hell they are still pretty relevant.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem.../updated_list_of_units_that_are_safe_to_send/
Mathilda at S didn't hold up, not only hone atk isn't that useful nowadays, cancel affinity isn't used anymore and cavalry aren't the as problematic as 7 months ago

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
In general, the 3*/4* pool is fair game, but there's a few skills/units you should be aware of as they pertain to fodder.

• All Grand Hero Battle and Tempest Trial units as there are too many to name. You can use this page, and select Grand Hero Battle and Tempest Trial filters to know. The daily grand hero battel rotation battles, male Kana, and Halloween Dorcas are examples of such units. These units are limited in supply (in that anywhere from 2 to 4 of them period exist in the game), so if you need their fodder, really know that you won't regret it.
  • Selena, Barst, and sometimes Silas should be kept for reposition. These units come with reposition, which is generally the best assist (except for armors, who I find work better with pivot). Silas has amazing fodder all around, being the most recent addition to the 4* pool, so you can't really go wrong with inheriting his assist, A, or C skill; keep him for your best units.
  • Legault should be used almost exclusively for his C skill, attack tactics 3. Swift strike might sometimes be useful, but I've never used it; other units have glimmer.
  • Hinata should be used for fury. Don't use hinata for anything but fury. Fury 3 is good. His other fodder can be elsewhere usually.
  • Klein should primarily be used for Death Blow 3. Klein also comes with quick riposte 2 (or 3, if you increase his rarity), and these are both great skills. It's also valid to fodder off Hawkeye for death blow 2 and then use Klein for DB3 and QR2--completely valid strategy. Subaki is a better source of quick riposte 2.
  • Shanna has desperation 3. Use her only for desperation 3.
  • Edit: Sothe has Life and Death 3, and should be used primarily for that.
Outside of GHB adn TT units, are units listed above should be used for fodder, it's just there's a particular skill you should use them for specifically.

As for the 3/4* pool in general, there is one unit you should keep an eye out for: Reinhardt (blue tome variant, specifically). Reinhardt, with the right skills, is one of the best if *not best* unit to use in PvE modes. Additionally, Intelligent Systems has helped give some old units support in the form of legendary weapons; most characters with legendary weapons through weapon refinery are at least viable, but often niche. Someone like Soren with wind's brand is probably as competent as any other infantry green mage except Lewyn. Don't feel bad if you fodder these units off, but if you want a list of which units you should check twice, the weapon refinery list is a good place to check.

As for Arthur in particular, he's honestly awful. Swap and lancebraeker 2 are his best fodder options, and you can get all those skills for a single arthur. Your black knight will get more out of swap; especially since it synergizes will with wings of mercy. Cain is best used as Wings of Mercy fodder, and healers and dancers/singers, H!MIa included, are best recipients. In other words, those are good fodder decisions you're making ~_^

Last edited:

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Mathilda at S didn't hold up, not only hone atk isn't that useful nowadays, cancel affinity isn't used anymore and cavalry aren't the as problematic as 7 months ago

Yeah, the shift of meta wasn't nice to her kit, wich was kind of niche from the start anyways. As a general outlook of what units have to offer I think the post is still useful, and fortunately now we have the option to turn units into manuals just in case you aren't sure about the usefulness of some skills and can be used for feathers later on in case the unit was garbage.

There is probably a more up to date list of units that are safe to fodder but I was kind of lazy on my post, sorry.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing I think desperation 3 is overrated so I always have a shanna when I need it.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Desperation 3 is a weird skill.

Most units who need it either need to be bulky enough but also hit strong and fast that they'll get strong doubles (Karla is a good example, since her prf makes her very strong), rely on brash assault seal (like furious Eldigan), or rely on fury/recoil damage (like Celica). When the skill applies, it's often really necessary to a set; but it's not something you can except to slap on a unit and see immediate improvement. And, to be honest, most slot B's are specific to the build.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
In general, the 3*/4* pool is fair game, but there's a few skills/units you should be aware of as they pertain to fodder.

• All Grand Hero Battle and Tempest Trial units as there are too many to name. You can use this page, and select Grand Hero Battle and Tempest Trial filters to know. The daily grand hero battel rotation battles, male Kana, and Halloween Dorcas are examples of such units. These units are limited in supply (in that anywhere from 2 to 4 of them period exist in the game), so if you need their fodder, really know that you won't regret it.
  • Selena, Barst, and sometimes Silas should be kept for reposition. These units come with reposition, which is generally the best assist (except for armors, who I find work better with pivot). Silas has amazing fodder all around, being the most recent addition to the 4* pool, so you can't really go wrong with inheriting his assist, A, or C skill; keep him for your best units.
  • Legault should be used almost exclusively for his C skill, attack tactics 3. Swift strike might sometimes be useful, but I've never used it; other units have glimmer.
  • Hinata should be used for fury. Don't use hinata for anything but fury. Fury 3 is good. His other fodder can be elsewhere usually.
  • Klein should primarily be used for Death Blow 3. Klein also comes with quick riposte 2 (or 3, if you increase his rarity), and these are both great skills. It's also valid to fodder off Hawkeye for death blow 2 and then use Klein for DB3 and QR2--completely valid strategy. Subaki is a better source of quick riposte 2.
  • Shanna has desperation 3. Use her only for desperation 3.
  • Edit: Sothe has Life and Death 3, and should be used primarily for that.
Outside of GHB adn TT units, are units listed above should be used for fodder, it's just there's a particular skill you should use them for specifically.

As for the 3/4* pool in general, there is one unit you should keep an eye out for: Reinhardt (blue tome variant, specifically). Reinhardt, with the right skills, is one of the best if *not best* unit to use in PvE modes. Additionally, Intelligent Systems has helped give some old units support in the form of legendary weapons; most characters with legendary weapons through weapon refinery are at least viable, but often niche. Someone like Soren with wind's brand is probably as competent as any other infantry green mage except Lewyn. Don't feel bad if you fodder these units off, but if you want a list of which units you should check twice, the weapon refinery list is a good place to check.

As for Arthur in particular, he's honestly awful. Swap and lancebraeker 2 are his best fodder options, and you can get all those skills for a single arthur. Your black knight will get more out of swap; especially since it synergizes will with wings of mercy. Cain is best used as Wings of Mercy fodder, and healers and dancers/singers, H!MIa included, are best recipients. In other words, those are good fodder decisions you're making ~_^
I read all of this, thanks. I have the red sword 5 star Reinhardt and was looking up what to do with him, maybe a Calvary unit with brave lyn and Veronica when I get a forth decent horse.

Do people turn their four stars into five stars often? Xander or Kana for instance, or a three star Tiki and four star Kagero. Too many of my 5 stars are fire, despite none of them being the Halloween myrrh which is how I ended up with Celica sniping red stones. Or should I just level four star people and use them? Seems like a waste.

Last edited:

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
That's a really broad topic but, in general, 3-4 star characters offer a lot of versatility when it comes to building a character you like. Since you can easily get many copies of the same character you can find one with perfect IVs easier and promote that one, you also get more copies to merge them.

Promoting a 3-4 star units is done when; a) you really like the character; b)if they are really good, like adult Tiki, Nino, Nowi, various GHB and TT units etc; or c) if you need a promotion for their skills to fodder them.

The latter one is a case by case situation, often reserved for the +version of weapons or weapons that can be refined, and skills that you can't find in 4 star units and are game changers at level 3. It is a case by case situation but in general you don't want to promote to fodder skills like some breakers that work fine at level 2, quick reposte is often fine at level 2, on the other hand, you pretty much always want to promote GHB or Tempest Trial units if you plan to fodder their skills (and the desired skill is not available at 4 stars) since they are limited and their skills are usually very rare.

EDIT: in your case, Xander is a decent physical Tank with distant counter, if you have no one else for a red cavalry he is useful but there are stronger options, Kagero is not very strong but has her niche as an infantry killer, if she has decent IVs and you like her you can look up some builds and evaluate if you want to invest on her. Tiki is amazing at 5 stars, is a pretty safe promotion.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Trick or Defeat is back ... if Frankenjakob wouldn't share focus with Sakuneko i'd drop some orbs for an additional merge. Free pull got me only red and blue orbs, so locking me out of 2 of the 3 focus colors, but at least i got a free Elincia from the red orb.

Also, Minodorcas is strong, damn. Will never double without Bold Fighter, but many times on the trainigs maps he doesn't even need to double.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I pulled all 5 and got tricked.

I don't think I'm going to try any more for this one, I just rebuilt my orbs up after getting cleaned out chasing Halloween Mia.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, you also get Deviles little devil horns in the Tap Battle, cute.

Also, next-to-last layers had fliers in the normal difficulty. Is this the first time that flier enemies are in this difficulty? I think i've only seen them in the hard difficutly when doing the quests.

I pulled all 5 and got tricked.

Sounds more like you got the defeat and not the trick. ;]

But honestly, both banners are around for 30 days, ok the 2018 Lands Bounty one runs a little shorter due to being around for almost a week already, but you have more than enough time to wait for the next new hero regular banner coming up next week, check those heroes and then you can decide to go back to the halloween ones if the upcoming one doesn't fit your interests.

We're, thankfully, long gone from the dire times of limited hero banners running for only two weeks.

Samstrike

Oct 27, 2017
After my terrible luck on the first Halloween banner I get a free H!Jakob on the new one! It's my first one and he is +Atk/-Res so that's a nice surprise! What would be the best build for him?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
After my terrible luck on the first Halloween banner I get a free H!Jakob on the new one! It's my first one and he is +Atk/-Res so that's a nice surprise! What would be the best build for him?

How much are you willing to inherit on him? Or rather, what is available?

+Atk screams for Brave Bow+, DB 3 (or 4), Bold Fighter, Armor March. Special is Bonfire/Ignis/Aether.

Or you go with the defensive build despite the Res bane, that would be:

Guard Bow+ (Res or Def refinement), CC, Vengeful Fighter, C-skill of your choice. Special again Bonfire/Ignis/Aether.

He can also work with Deviles bow, as one of the three things he fears is a charged enemy special that hits him with massive burst damage or lowers his defensive stats. The other two things are anti armor weapons and Gronnraven/TA3.

Samstrike

Oct 27, 2017
Well I do have a -Atk Winter Lissa that I don't use so I could make a Bold Fighter build. Will think about it some more but thanks for the help!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well I do have a -Atk Winter Lissa that I don't use so I could make a Bold Fighter build. Will think about it some more but thanks for the help!

Well, just keep one thing in mind, Frankenjakob can be a monster ... but it requires a huge and, more importantly, a really expensive amount of skill inheritence to get there. This is no Batmyrrh situation with a highy useable hero out of the box.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Went back to the Muspell banner since it was so good to me before and it continues to be crazy. Got a +atk -hp Katarina last night, I never had her and I don't have a lot of red mages so that's cool. But I can't call her or the two Lucinas 'pity breakers' when I've barely gone 25 orbs without a 5* on this one at any point.

I was so thirsty for orbs I furiously autobattled Tempest Trial to 50k and got my third Laegjarn this morning, this time +HP -RES which sure beats the -spd and -atk ones I found. So she's +2 now. Immediately took her into Abyssal Narcian and cleared it pretty quickly with fliers.

That's eight 5* and I can't imagine I've spent more than 100 orbs here - I remember the days when I used to average 200+ just for one. Just more evidence that the pity rate is a lie, follow the money people.

Samstrike

Oct 27, 2017
Well, just keep one thing in mind, Frankenjakob can be a monster ... but it requires a huge and, more importantly, a really expensive amount of skill inheritence to get there. This is no Batmyrrh situation with a highy useable hero out of the box.

Well it's done. My -Atk Winter Lissa is no more! I also got Brave Bow+ and Death Blow 3. Leveled him to level 40 but I will probably wait friday to get more sp.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Need some help! :)

Started building a Masked Marth (which is Lvl 40+7 right now)

Reposition
Aether
Death Blow 3
Renewal 3
Drive Spd 2
Poison Strike 3 (seal)

I'm wondering which refined weapon I should get for him

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
out of curiosity (and thanks to a wealth of Ares fodder) I made a triple Brazen Alfonse. I have the triangle adept refine on his weapon with Swordbreaker and Ardent Sacrifice which just barely gets him under 80%. Didn't go for Axebreaker because according to the simulator he should literally one shot just about any green when under 80% - even a +10 steady breath +def Grima. Messes up most low def reds too. Guess I'll give him a spin during arena this week.

fake edit: oh right if he's a bonus he'll have more HP than usual, right? Ardent might not work...

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
out of curiosity (and thanks to a wealth of Ares fodder) I made a triple Brazen Alfonse. I have the triangle adept refine on his weapon with Swordbreaker and Ardent Sacrifice which just barely gets him under 80%. Didn't go for Axebreaker because according to the simulator he should literally one shot just about any green when under 80% - even a +10 steady breath +def Grima. Messes up most low def reds too. Guess I'll give him a spin during arena this week.

fake edit: oh right if he's a bonus he'll have more HP than usual, right? Ardent might not work...

I'd change his refinement, depending on what Arena tier you're in, you face so many blue dragons or armors that it won't be a problem falling under the brazen skills threshold. If he eats an additional 20% dmg from those, you might fall too low. Or you'll switch his B-skill to Desperation and add Brash Assault as the seal, but no triple Albrazen then.

And yes, Arena bonus means +10 HP and +4 all other stats.

Need some help! :)

Started building a Masked Marth (which is Lvl 40+7 right now)

Reposition
Aether
Death Blow 3
Renewal 3
Drive Spd 2
Poison Strike 3 (seal)

I'm wondering which refined weapon I should get for him

How do you want to use her? Emergency healer and dragon check? Fast player phase unit?

Healer set should go with the skill refine of her Falchion, the one with "Everything Bond". The attacker might value the Sealed Falchion, ideally with Atk/Spd Push, because 1HP damage is all you need to have the Sealed Falchion effect triggering.

Sealed Falchion might also work together with brazen skills. Brazen Atk/Def or Brazen Atk/Spd as the A-skill, and then Brazen Atk/Res as the seal ... you know, the new one.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Do people turn their four stars into five stars often? Xander or Kana for instance, or a three star Tiki and four star Kagero. Too many of my 5 stars are fire, despite none of them being the Halloween myrrh which is how I ended up with Celica sniping red stones. Or should I just level four star people and use them? Seems like a waste.

Yes, specially if you are F2P. Getting merges of common units are easier to get. Adult Tiki, Nowi, Fae, Sheena, Effie are fine units to increase potential and get to +10. Some GHB units are super useful as 5* too, early on. Xander and Camus carried me for a whole year.

Status
Not open for further replies.