• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Problem is, any skill that isn't in the grails shop because it's a high demand expensive one like CC,DC also wouldn't be in a theoretical specific skill shop for the same reason they're not in the grails one.

They want people to spend money to get the good stuff.

With respect to that, it'd be good if they made said skills more available in the general pools. CC is only available on 2 seasonal units and 1 Gen 1 unit, 2 of which are in the colourless pool. DC has had at least a R/G/B unit since the mass purging happened (or will do, once Nagi drops), as well as 2 Legendary units, 2 seasonals and 1 Gen 1. You cannot pull a unit with Close Counter on new unit banners, and are at the whim of whoever IS stick on Legendary/Mythic banners if they decide to drop one on there, which is where people will tend to gravitate towards. Rerun banners have massively diluted odds for any 5* unit, and who would want to snipe colourless with Mist running around the 5* pool? If they want money, start making units with the skills people want more available.

There are other skills that are locked out in a similar fashion, by CC is the glaring issue given that DC has popped up so much AND so few prf weapons provide a CC effect compared to DC ones, even conditionally.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
With respect to that, it'd be good if they made said skills more available in the general pools. CC is only available on 2 seasonal units and 1 Gen 1 unit, 2 of which are in the colourless pool. DC has had at least a R/G/B unit since the mass purging happened (or will do, once Nagi drops), as well as 2 Legendary units, 2 seasonals and 1 Gen 1. You cannot pull a unit with Close Counter on new unit banners, and are at the whim of whoever IS stick on Legendary/Mythic banners if they decide to drop one on there, which is where people will tend to gravitate towards. Rerun banners have massively diluted odds for any 5* unit, and who would want to snipe colourless with Mist running around the 5* pool? If they want money, start making units with the skills people want more available.

There are other skills that are locked out in a similar fashion, by CC is the glaring issue given that DC has popped up so much AND so few prf weapons provide a CC effect compared to DC ones, even conditionally.

My only CC fodder I've gotten was from the Takumi freebie. True story.

At the other end of the spectrum I'm swimming in Hectors.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Problem is, any skill that isn't in the grails shop because it's a high demand expensive one like CC,DC also wouldn't be in a theoretical specific skill shop for the same reason they're not in the grails one.

They want people to spend money to get the good stuff.

Premium skills for premium currency. Of course these skills would cost orbs. And of course more than a single pull for a hero costs.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Premium skills for premium currency. Of course these skills would cost orbs. And of course more than a single pull for a hero costs.

Yeah, but they'd be like 200+ orbs in all likelihood. Probably way more. They'd want to price it so it's still more valuable to try pulling for the valuable skills Vs guaranteed pulls from a shop.

It wouldn't be good value for money, but nothing in a gacha game is

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been playing a whole lot recently. Not even logging in for orbs.

Norne is definitely demote fodder.

I don't even remember Phina...

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Problem is that CC is pretty much impossible to get most of the time and that's silly.
Yeah it's honestly quite baffling we haven't had a non-seasonal unit with CC since launch and the one unit with CC no longer appears in the new unit banners. Meanwhile we've been consistently getting more units with DC rather.

My hope is that a mythic or legendary unit comes with CC one of these days. That would pretty much be the easiest way to obtain CC at this point.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The stats for the banner units (no Bantu/Astram) are out via a Tips and Tricks video from Nintendo.

0qe8ljver9n31.png

- Norne is now the highest BST archer in the game: one merge invalidates C Duel Infantry

- Sirius is up in Eliwood territory

- Phina is the glassiest cannon that ever fired

- Nagi is minmaxed for pure Ophelia wreckage

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
*Sees Phina's def stats* Why does she come with Spd/Def Form again? Better slap Atk/Spd Whatever on her. No amount of buffs will help her survive a hit from the common blue armors.

Nagi. 19 Spd neutral. Special Fighter. ... I know it's because of the Guard effect, but honestly, just remove the dragon effectiveness from her weapon, add a Guard effect with HP threshold on it and slap Vengeful Fighter on her. Also her Def is definitely too low, even with the coloress WTA effectiveness, to reliably tank L'Alm. That annoying fucker is going to be the next one to face a direct counter unit.

Not-Camoos ... guess IS officially made blue lance cavs the Galeforce units. Because it looks like that again that's what this new blue lance cav is intended for.

Norne with the jack-of-all-trades stat-spread. But that's okay, if she demotes and is easily merged up to +10.

AR yesterday was "fun" again. I had a +7 Myrrh (from pity breakers) with full HP, Res buff, and a single Eir blessing buff, die to a +5 Deathea. Oh did i mention that my Myrrh also had double fortress buffs because the enemy only had a lvl 4 fortress without bonus building? Almost forgot, the Dethea didn't have any buffs on herself. P.S.: Myrrh also has DC! How 'bout this!?

Yeah, i really need a report function for this shit. It's a waste of my time, and that's what i don't have of much anymore in the evenings.

Yeah, but they'd be like 200+ orbs in all likelihood. Probably way more. They'd want to price it so it's still more valuable to try pulling for the valuable skills Vs guaranteed pulls from a shop.

It wouldn't be good value for money, but nothing in a gacha game is

I'd gladly pay 50+ orbs for Null C-Disrupt instead of hoping that Nailah will return to a banner soon or that she pity breaks me on a random banner. Gladly.

----

E: Woah, anyone seen Astrams entry from "Meet some of the heroes"? Great artwork. And the artworks shows him with Mercurius ... and the first paragraph talks how he wields Mercurius.

So ... i think that means he really get's Mercurius after 5* promotion. Anything else would now be a bad fuck-up.

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Darn, looks to be a sword infantry unit. Some artwork made it seem he would be armor. But will at least see if his weapon doesn't disappoint unlike what happened with Death Knight.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
B-but i already have Siegbert. And I have two copies, one is +atk and another is +spd.
And it's not like he's useful for SI.
That's why he is trash. I have 3 sitting in my barracks with the same boons as yours. He is the reason summoning red gives me PTSD.
That whole banner "children of fate" was pure garbage. The best unit was Soleil which was demoted. If you have to use him, equip Heavy Blade and give him Galeforce. +ATK is probably the best boon for that but it doesn't matter because it's to unreliable. Eliwood and Brave Roy do the same thing but much better.

I got a free Myrrh from the new banner. My Myrrh is +3 now but poor thing just doesn't tank like she used to.

Oct 28, 2017
I got a free Myrrh from the new banner. My Myrrh is +3 now but poor thing just doesn't tank like she used to.
I can't complain I got a free Nah, but you're absolutely right about Myrrh. She carried me for a while when she was new but right now she pretty much sits in my barracks. Mine is +2 (+res is the best I've got) and her weapons effect doesn't trigger that often anymore.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Though the FEH video more or less showed the stats for the new units, not for Astram or Bantu. So here's that and their skills.

cEw5UB5_d.jpg

oNFMN1y_d.jpg

1864hn96chn31.png

So Astram more or less has a wave skill in his weapon, so as long as he's healthy. Plus he gives the buff within 2 spaces of any allies but dragons, mages and healers. Boost skill is meh, but he freakin has wrath!

Bantu has fierce stance a 4 stars which is kind of neat.

And my goodness are they not playing around with the stats! 172 BST on a free unit of all things!

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Wrath on a free unit! NOW ADD NEPHENEE TO THE 3* / 4* POOL!
Fierce Stance on a 3*/4* unit and FS 3 available at 4*!

Mercurius has some nice effect, basically gives Astram 58 Atk (16 weapon might included) / 40 Spd / 40 Def / 25 Res as long as he has more than 50% HP. Also he has some insane support potential because it's a full spectrum buff with 2 tiles range. It's "only" +4 in each stat, but it's so easy to setup.

Slap Aether on him, drop him into a team with Lancina or an Infantry Rush/Flash/Breath provider, and you're good to go. He has the stats to even warrant DC.

What a great free unit. Really. Worth the grails to +10 imo.

Bantu's stats are solid, he basically can replace Garon with a Res boon.

Now for my pulls.

INSANE LUCK. Sorry to brag.

Within 90 free orbs i got 2 Nagis, one +Res and one +Def, one Leif and one Lethe. Stopped then, might try for the dancer with the tickets, but i don't think i'm in need of another red dancer, even one with a weapon like the Rapier.
Best thing, both +Def and +Res are superboons on Nagi ... so i have the choice to make her survive magic/dragons even more or handle physical colorless threats better.

I hope i get a Bantu too somehow.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
After 6(!) pitybreakers, I FINALLY got Soiree!Ishtar. Of course she is -SPD, but I finally have her. I still want Reinhardt, but I'm gonna wait and see who the Halloween units are before sinking anymore orbs into this pit of despair.

On the plus side, I got a perfect nature Flying!Nino with my first ticket. Would of preferred Nagi, but I needed a fast green flying mage, so 👍.

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
Holy shit @ 6 pity breakers. I got mine after like 150 orbs and she turned out to be -atk so I had been itching to chase for one more, but oh boy the horror of sniping reds in a 4 color focused pool is real.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of really, REALLY wanting a red hero on a 4 heroes new / special banner, i'd say it's best to just not pull red at all. It's more of a hell right now than coloress ever was.

Even with the shared focus, i think it's better to pull red there. I think i'm only going to pull red on legendary/mythic banners or ones with 3 hero focus and/or higher pull rates for the focus heroes.

Tickets gave me nothing, though that's okay given my luck before. But the tickets got me 2 Bantus, 3*, one -Def / +Res and one -Res / +Def, i think the +Res one might be an option for promotion.

That's some awesome pulls. Grats Bonejack!

Thanks! I hope your pull were / will be good too. ^^

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit @ 6 pity breakers. I got mine after like 150 orbs and she turned out to be -atk so I had been itching to chase for one more, but oh boy the horror of sniping reds in a 4 color focused pool is real.
I did get Berkut too, but I didn't want him. There were no Green or Red stones on that circle and he decided to crash the party. 2/8 focus units is pretty lame. I feel like only the focus % should increase after every five pulls.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Got Nagi from free pull and instantly invalidated my Winter Fae, such mixed feelings.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So ... what Nagi would you build? The +Res one or the +Def one? I feel to also better tank L'Alm she would prefer the Def boon, on the other hand most high tier threats in AR are magical, where the Res boon could be helpful.
The other will be foddered off for either DC only or both DC and Special Fighter. Don't have to worry about the banes, both are -Spd ... in this case a good thing.

Got Nagi from free pull and instantly invalidated my Winter Fae, such mixed feelings.

In the end, Falchions invalidate them both. Hard.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Easy Wrath fodder coming our way? Nice.

Spent a good 60 or so orbs this morning on the new banner. No luck yet, but I had to chuckle because the game saw fit to give me four Sheenas in a row. I've still to get the tickets from Forging Bonds, so I won't throw in the towel just yet. Though I'll see what I can amass in case any of the units on the upcoming mythic banner look neat.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Astram's a perfect example of why they'll never add a skill shop, Grail units is the skill shop, just you'll never see the absolute premium stuff appear on it.

And I think O.G Hector has been on enough banners that if you really wanted DC you could've targeteed it, especially considering green units have a much higher rate compared to others.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished maxing out HM in my barracks yesterday, and today I get my first Mercedes from a summoning ticket. Free feathers are the most precious thing in this game.

Oct 25, 2017
If I went to a shop and they raised the price of an item immediately after I purchased it, I wouldn't call it a very good store. It's gotta kill repeat business.

Nothing from my free pull, though I've gotta finish up the TT grind and start on the FB grind.
The REAL Fire Emblem Hero: Auto-battle.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
As usual, I'll wait until I have all 4 tickets to pull. New units are nice but I think, I'll save orbs for Halloween or skills I need for AR.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Astram is solid but he's another red infantry sword. At least making him armoured would've been something different. The only armoured swords in the pool are Zelgius and Draug. Ike is seasonal, and Zephiel, BK, and Arden are grails.

Bantu has 11 more BST than ATiki but most of it is in HP and Spd. He has better overall defences and is less prone to panic, but isn't really worth the feather investment.

Speaking of DC I have more Hrid than Hectors. And I've managed to pull about 5 Takumi over the years for CC. My gacha luck has been bizarre.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Goddammit. Spent around 200 orbs chasing Phina, got pity broken by my first Flora (witch of course was -ATK +DEF) which was followed immediately by my second Siegbert (better IVs tho) and then latter pity broken again by my fir Adrift Camilla (+RES -DEF, not sure if good). Also got 2 Bantu. I also can +10 4 additional heroes now, to a total of 67 out of 114. Having flashbacks to chasing Sue. Still have 1 ticket to get, hope I can get her.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Well free summon, 4 tickets and 15 orbs and I only got pity broken by a 5* Reyson; will just proceed to merge him to my SPD+ one. And will stop from there.

And I can also imagine Astram being slapped with bonus doubler. Well he could run DC and be the target for L!Eliwood's weapon effect.

Edit: And my personal gripe about the grail shop is that there are only a finite amount of units you can summon there. I personally focus more on merge projects on units I like, though my only exceptions for fodder were ValenTitania and HS!Camilla since the skills I wanted were available at 4*.

Last edited:

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
For the first time ever, I got 4 5*s from 4 consecutive single pulls.

1st pull - only green in the circle on the Chosen One - WT Olwen (-atk but dupe so wt)
2nd pull - left red out of the 2 on the Soiree banner - Rene (+atk/-spd but 2nd dupe)
3rd pull - only green in the circle on the Chosen One - Hilda (+hp/-spd)
4th pull - only blue in the circle on the Chosen One - Camo.. I mean Sirius (+def/-hp)

3 of them were off banner and the one on-banner wasn't even what I wanted (if only Rene was Ishtar...) but hey can't complain about 4 5*s in 20 orbs.

This has been surely an odd day.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Just for fun, i tested Bantu in the Mass Duel Sim ... preeeeetty good results. Went with a +Res one, +10, and +5 Dragon Flowers. Build was Lightning Breath+, Res refinement, Bonus Doubler, Null Follow Up, C-skill open and QR seal. Basically regular Garon build.

On the "Hard" enemy list, dude went nuts on both enemy phase and player phase, once buffed.

Of course, the common armor dragons destroy him due to their dragon effectiveness, which Garon can avoid with his prf breath and missing out on a DC breath.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
wait for his refine before deciding.
I don't think it's coming anytime soon though. :/

That's why he is trash. I have 3 sitting in my barracks with the same boons as yours. He is the reason summoning red gives me PTSD.
That whole banner "children of fate" was pure garbage. The best unit was Soleil which was demoted. If you have to use him, equip Heavy Blade and give him Galeforce. +ATK is probably the best boon for that but it doesn't matter because it's to unreliable. Eliwood and Brave Roy do the same thing but much better.
Oh I see now.
Not that I need him, just wanted to clean up my barracks since I have too many copies of too many units, most of them not so easy to decide what to do with.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
So having played the last chapter of the story: future Alfonse and Veronica are fucking, right? :P

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Eep the revelation on the new chapter. And yup, TT ending is just gut wrenching!

And been lately liking that much more characters are interacting in the forging bonds event.

From Norne learning a lesson from Setsuna to Sharena bringing along Robin, Morgan and Deirdre in helping Nagi regain her memories.

And I find it amusing they poke fun at the fact you can't refresh a dancer/singer.

Oct 25, 2017
Tickets got me a Nah and a Lewyn, because who needs on-focus heroes, am I right?
Special Spiral is going to.... uh, somebody. Nah on the other hand, I'm half inclined to fodder her for Bonus Doubler and half inclined to merge her to +2.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Spent my last ticket and 18 orbs and got my third Idunn. I have a +DEF -RES, +SPD -ATK and now a +ATK -HP. Not sure if I merge all three or if I leave one as Fort. Def/Res 4 fodder... Would the +ATK one be better than the +DEF?

Status
Not open for further replies.