• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I want to say the +ATK one would be the most versatile - if you're in a situation where you need the extra DEF, there's the Fortress DEF seal, which would bring her ATK to neutral and her DEF to +5, unless you really really need the Armored Boots seal.

If you go with the +DEF, it is a superboon and you can let Vengeful Fighter and Bonfire/Ignis do all the damage.

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got a damn Nagi but she's -
atk, gacha pls.
I just joined the -Atk Nagi club too. I did beat the average orb-wise though, so it wasn't all bad luck. Mine is -Atk +Def which is a superasset so she'll be very tanky against colorless physical attackers.

Speaking of, I decided to take the plunge and put Close Counter and Aether on Winter Cecilia then got her to +10 and she's been phenomenal. I can't wait to use her in Rokkr Sieges in a couple of days.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Bleh, was pitybroken by a -Attack, +Speed Olwen. This game just loves giving you those IVs, doesn't?

Ah well, got a week to bebound before the mythic banner. Rokkr Sieges is back this week, which should also be fun.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Booo: Another reinforcements map. At least you're not drowned in them.
Yay: Astram.

Got up to 340k feather again, will promote one of the Astrams you get and will start with my Mae project because is so hard lack another high-merged blue mage that is not Spellhardt.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Took me a bit of brainstorming with Astram's GHB thanks to the aforementioned recruitments but managed it with L!Ike, B!Micaiah, L!Azura and Eir.

Still pretty insane that we now have a free unit with blatantly high BST.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It's kinda "good" that he will be a bonus unit prior to players being able to +10 him. Just take a look at his stats at +10, with +5 Dragon Flowers and Arena bonus stats:

60 HP / 64 Atk / 46 Spd / 45 Def / 30 Res

And that's without Mercurius passive buffs. With them, it's: 68 Atk / 50 Spd / 49 Def / 34 Res.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
So since we now have Wrath fodder, what's the typical use case for it?
I guess you would want it on a unit that has high speed or guaranteed doubles through their weapon, and is either capable of taking a hit or has Fury to bring them below the activation threshold. But when would you choose Wrath over Desperation or Vantage?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Any unit with a Wo Dao like effect would appreciate the extra damage. I've seen Soleil using it a lot with Wo Dao+ and DC. Selena with her refine could also use Wrath.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Could you guys give me some advice on which structures to level up to most effectively climb up the AR ladder? I have 5000/800 stones/dew. Fortresses don't seem like efficient spending of resources since they require heavy investment to gain the bonus. Also I should focus on offensive structures first, right?

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Could you guys give me some advice on which structures to level up to most effectively climb up the AR ladder? I have 5000/800 stones/dew. Fortresses don't seem like efficient spending of resources since they require heavy investment to gain the bonus. Also I should focus on offensive structures first, right?
Fortresses are probably the best things to invest in because they give you a flat increase to your stats, and if you've not invested in it but your opponent has they are getting the stat boost instead.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018

Get everything, on both offense and defense, built at level 1 for bonus buildings. Otherwise:

for defense, healing tower, panic manor, shrines (dark>light imo), and tactics room are the best. Healing tower is probably the most important one.
for offense, after escape ladder is by far the best, followed by healing tower and bolt tower. Panic manor is alright I guess.

Basically, priority is everything at level 1>escape ladder o>healing tower d>everything else listed above.

In general, defense structures are better than offense structures. How useful a defense structure is, except for healing tower, is ultimately dependent on the map you face. Your defense, however, is a constant. Like panic manor can be good, but if the team doesn't use visible buffs (common because Aversa is a thing), then it's just a waste of space. Also, and counterinutiveily, there's validity in only use three or four buildings: it gives you more space, especially for smite plays. I only ever use four buildings at a time (healing tower/ladder or bolt tower/fortress/bonus) because I find the space more valuable. On defense, however, you always want to use as many buildings as you can.

Edit: For the fortresses, which use divine dew, focus on offense over defense. Offense matters more for lift.

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
You should level up both fortresses to the max level ASAP. Your units are crippled if the enemy has a higher level.
For offense, the most important building is the escape ladder, followed by the bolt tower, and healing tower. Panic manor and tactics room can be useful but too situational. Shrines could make the enemy team move if they have a Restore+ healer and ruin your run.
For defense, Panic manor and healing tower are super important. Traps and false traps are a must for mind games, you should always have all 4 of them even if they aren't max level. I've never been too threatened by Bolt towers on defense because they are either too easy to destroy or too far away to matter.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Fortresses are probably the best things to invest in because they give you a flat increase to your stats, and if you've not invested in it but your opponent has they are getting the stat boost instead.
You should level up both fortresses to the max level ASAP. Your units are crippled if the enemy has a higher level.
RIP resources

Also fuck me I just leveled a dark shrine on offense thinking it would be good against tanks lmao

Get everything, on both offense and defense, built at level 1 for bonus buildings. Otherwise:

for defense, healing tower, panic manor, shrines (dark>light imo), and tactics room are the best. Healing tower is probably the most important one.
for offense, after escape ladder is by far the best, followed by healing tower and bolt tower. Panic manor is alright I guess.

Basically, priority is everything at level 1>escape ladder o>healing tower d>everything else listed above.

In general, defense structures are better than offense structures. How useful a defense structure is, except for healing tower, is ultimately dependent on the map you face. Your defense, however, is a constant. Like panic manor can be good, but if the team doesn't use visible buffs (common because Aversa is a thing), then it's just a waste of space. Also, and counterinutiveily, there's validity in only use three or four buildings: it gives you more space, especially for smite plays. I only ever use four buildings at a time (healing tower/ladder or bolt tower/fortress/bonus) because I find the space more valuable. On defense, however, you always want to use as many buildings as you can.
I appreciate the writeup but it's kind of hard to follow the lingo sometimes so bear with me haha.

I think Panic Manor isn't very good since it has the HP requirement and my team is offensive-minded. I want to one round kill most of the time because I can't survive the counterattack otherwise. Likewise Healing Tower. My units are too frail to benefit. I could see Tactics Room being viable for hit and run Galeforce tactics. Escape Ladder is a good one.

Good point on less structures on offense to create more space. I don't think it affects Reposition plays too much though since your offensive structures are all located at the bottom row? Maybe I'm missing something. Catapult seems very good on offense for this reason.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Panic manor doesnt take your hp into consideration. Each structure has its own threshold based on its level.

But as others have already said, fortresses are the priority, but its not a problem, since they take dew to upgrade. Only the fortress and both aether structures uses dew to upgrade

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Healing Tower on offense is useful when you accidentally hit a bolt trap. or to heal bolt tower damage. Although is you rely on a vantage sweeper, then you might want to hit those traps on purpose.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I think Panic Manor isn't very good since it has the HP requirement and my team is offensive-minded. I want to one round kill most of the time because I can't survive the counterattack otherwise.

For offense: Aversa is good enough imo, and you'll often have the HP advantage. Panic Manor-O is optional.

For Defense: Panic as a status is very *very* good on defense. If you're concerned about HP thresholds, invest in a panic staff or the upcoming halloween weapons (monstrous bow and spectral tome). The biggest success to my own defense is my panic staff Nanna--denying people buffs basically makes the rest of my team untankable.

If you don't have panic on defense, expect to see a composition that is like a Nowi with bonus doubler in A and bonus doubler status from L!Eliwood. Your team will get wrecked (albeit highly invested Nowi dodges panic manor anyway, so that's an argument for panic staves/Halloween weapons i guess)

Likewise Healing Tower. My units are too frail to benefit.

For defense: If you're concerned about your units dying on counterattack, you want healing tower. Bolt Tower is a very common offensive structure, and most vantage strats (especially those involving Kronya) can easily exploit frail units, and your own bolt trap can sometimes be used against you (bolt trap should be placed close to your units). Healing tower isn't meant to heal you after combat, it's insurance that you're fully healed before combat begins.

For Offense: healing tower is important for astra/anima season in particular to not be walled by Duma. Herons work fine, but sometimes you'll waste two turns against double duma comps when a healing tower can make it just one.

I could see Tactics Room being viable for hit and run Galeforce tactics.

For Defense: Tactics Room-D has no bearing on HnR galeforce since ranged units cannot inherit galeforce. Tactics Room-D is a building you use to counter hit and run strats.

For Offense: Don't bother Tactics Room-O imo. it only covers one lane, which makes it too consistent.

Good point on less structures on offense to create more space. I don't think it affects Reposition plays too much though since your offensive structures are all located at the bottom row? Maybe I'm missing something. Catapult seems very good on offense for this reason.

Smite plays are important. You can smite over the mountains in the desert map, for example, but only if you leave lane 3 or 4 open. One team member should have smite.

Last edited:

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
So I got the best I can go with Arena this week: +7/+7/+8 Earth units with as expensive skills as I can plow into them, Julia as a bonus unit and enough dragons on the other side that getting a high score was a dead cinch.

I'm in the middle of the "staying in T20" tier.

That's kind of depressing.

Update on this: Took Legendary Alm in this week still in T20, did a bit (OK, a lot) of score sniping... And I got my first crown.

Went in with a 3761. These conditions won't repeat for a long time (Earth bonus for a month with pair up for 175 BST three out of four weeks), but I'm working my way through the million feathers I need to get equivalent merges for the other seasons.

And I'm probably going to swap Astram in for Swordhardt Online after he shows up in the grail shop.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I built my first flier ball for light season 3 weeks ago and have gone two light seasons with it now. Also stuck an unmerged Yune in it because I got her as a pity breaker on her debut banner. I've lost a grand total of 15 lift with it (which happened today). On the one hand it feels cruel every time I watch my replays... but... the rewards make it all worth it.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Just wanted to counteract my usual ranting about bad luck with an unusual stream of "good luck".

Managed to Ishtar, Reinhardt and Nephenee dancers in under 60 orbs ( IVs werent optimal but thats ok).

Two of the 4 summon tickets got me a +atk/-spd Nagi and a -atk/+res Petra (which I didnt have yet)

So just when I'm almost out, the game pulls me back in.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Both fliers and cavs require a lot of investment for a high success rate tbh. (My flier ball only uses 1 Yune but seems to be fine that way). Cav lines need pretty hard to get fodder as well (Wrathful Staff, Atk/Spd Solo) and the best ones incorporate as much colorless damage as possible, which means cav healers since those can also prevent counterattacks. Akariss uses 3 cav healers (Priscilla, Ethlyn, Nanna).

And merging is super important in either case, too. It's a major feather sink.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You can avoid too much Flier Formation fodder on a full flier def team if you happen to have Kinshinoka and/or BunnyMarisa. They come with Flier Guidance and you could make them the central part of the team so that others can warp around them.

Oh well, at least Flier Formation is on a Grails unit with BunnyLoki.

I think even more important for the flier def team is the area you use and how you set up your structures. I changed something last week ... didn't go too well, not a single def win. Granted, i don't care too much about AR anymore since reaching T21 and changing my goals to simply not dropping out of T21.

Currently using the desert map with the mountain tiles, though i'm thinking about trying the lava map again. What map are the flier ball people here using?

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
For offense: Aversa is good enough imo, and you'll often have the HP advantage. Panic Manor-O is optional.

For Defense: Panic as a status is very *very* good on defense. If you're concerned about HP thresholds, invest in a panic staff or the upcoming halloween weapons (monstrous bow and spectral tome). The biggest success to my own defense is my panic staff Nanna--denying people buffs basically makes the rest of my team untankable.

If you don't have panic on defense, expect to see a composition that is like a Nowi with bonus doubler in A and bonus doubler status from L!Eliwood. Your team will get wrecked (albeit highly invested Nowi dodges panic manor anyway, so that's an argument for panic staves/Halloween weapons i guess)

For defense: If you're concerned about your units dying on counterattack, you want healing tower. Bolt Tower is a very common offensive structure, and most vantage strats (especially those involving Kronya) can easily exploit frail units, and your own bolt trap can sometimes be used against you (bolt trap should be placed close to your units). Healing tower isn't meant to heal you after combat, it's insurance that you're fully healed before combat begins.

For Offense: healing tower is important for astra/anima season in particular to not be walled by Duma. Herons work fine, but sometimes you'll waste two turns against double duma comps when a healing tower can make it just one.

For Defense: Tactics Room-D has no bearing on HnR galeforce since ranged units cannot inherit galeforce. Tactics Room-D is a building you use to counter hit and run strats.

For Offense: Don't bother Tactics Room-O imo. it only covers one lane, which makes it too consistent.

Smite plays are important. You can smite over the mountains in the desert map, for example, but only if you leave lane 3 or 4 open. One team member should have smite.
Thanks again. That's a good point about Aversa. Every time I've faced her she's been a major pain in the butt. I wonder once I reach tier 19 if it's a viable strategy on defense to just barricade her somewhere in the corner as the sixth unit. If I may ask what's your team on defense?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, everytime someone locked their Aversa away from the rest of the team behind buildings, i just creeped up there and sniped her and continued to round the rest of the team with my fully buffed team.

I would put her right into the chunk of the team. Your enemy wants to remove her from the play? They need to chew threw the whole team then. Also, she's still a pretty good offense unit. No Celica, sure, but she puts dents into enemies.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I tried a budget flier ball (with HSHinoka giving out Air Orders to avoid giving FF) and I kept getting rolled by omega tanks. I'm working on a Camilla but I lack Yune.

One defense team I couldn't handle was rather simple but effective. It was Nino, Alm, and Ophelia backed up by Azura, and then Tibarn and Reyson off to the side. It basically told me "build a Galeforce and CC Vantage team."

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Given that the accessories are rather hard to get for regular players, they sure are a bit underwhelming. Couldn't at least add some Rokkr effect to the unit that has one equipped?

I tried a budget flier ball (with HSHinoka giving out Air Orders to avoid giving FF) and I kept getting rolled by omega tanks. I'm working on a Camilla but I lack Yune.

One defense team I couldn't handle was rather simple but effective. It was Nino, Alm, and Ophelia backed up by Azura, and then Tibarn and Reyson off to the side. It basically told me "build a Galeforce and CC Vantage team."

Sounds like a good old "cancer" team, just with Tibarn instead of colorless RazzleDazzle healer on any mount. Funny, an omega tank should handle this rather easy, safe for maybe Tibarn.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Thanks again. That's a good point about Aversa. Every time I've faced her she's been a major pain in the butt. I wonder once I reach tier 19 if it's a viable strategy on defense to just barricade her somewhere in the corner as the sixth unit.
No. Corner strats simply do not work, at least not consistently. Even then, Aversa's panic, while nice, is something most people have learned to play around.

If I may ask what's your team on defense?

Jugdral gen 2 theme team: http://imgur.com/a/sZnbPrQ

Don't let the cute theme fool you. It can be tricky. Most people bait Finn, Ares forward rallies and is danced by Lene, Nanna panics with double goad support, and either Finn or Ares attacks the tank.

Nanna generally *cannot* be picked off by Eir because of her speed. A lot of people going into the match thinking Nanna can be sniped, but she's too fast (with the goads and her push, she reaches 51 speed).

Edit: I'll probably replace the panic manor with tactics room longterm. Panic manor is redundant with Nanna. Might go bright shrine too. Dunno.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Ha! A cleric that doesn't heal. Hadn't thought of that. Makes sense with Healing Tower. I have a +10 Clarine that I use for TT so should work just the same.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
These damage thresholds for accessories in Rokka Siege seem too high, especially since you're effectively limited in the number of tries you have due to stamina.
I can get around 130k against Ephraim with two green triangle adept armour units with special fighter and astra, and Veronica and a heron going around picking off the reinforcements. I can't get near that against Nah, and hitting 150k on her seems incredibly difficult if you don't have more than one of Legendary Tiki/Julia or Naga to give other blue units dragon effectiveness.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently it's easier to do those quests on Intermediate difficulty. Also, Akariss made a video with tips for Rokkr sieges:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I was able to do 160k damage on intermediate difficulty with Est, Catria, Reyson, and Veronica against Nah with turns to spare. Ephraim is giving me trouble because there is no green unit as good as Est/Catria. I'm using Cherche and Myrrh but I think I need to tweak their skills a bit.
I still have axes so I'll try again later.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ever since pulling for Brave Eliwood I hadn't really used him all that much, so figured Nah was a good chance to get him back there. Need to put together more armorslayers for Ephraim. I admit, I still haven't bothered to build one properly for AR or Arena.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
did 200k on Nah and 195k on ephraim with a team of Reyson, Catria, waluigi H!Mia and Julia paired up with Effie

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
*Is "proud" about his 170k damage on Nah and 180k damage on Eph on highest difficulty*

*Sees people doing nearly the same numbers on intermediate*

*Feels bad*

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
screenshot_20190925-1ugj9l.jpg
screenshot_20190925-1lekb6.jpg

PogChamp.png

I love AR

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using Titania for Ephraim since she comes with built in TA advantage and Guard, but her damage is mediocre. Back to the drawing board.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I've been using Titania for Ephraim since she comes with built in TA advantage and Guard, but her damage is mediocre. Back to the drawing board.

How does the green dragon situation look in your barracks?

Shame that Guard is not available as a seal, with it you could try Cherche with Lance Breaker. ... These skills do work on the Rokkrs, right?

You need 3 teams so 12 blessed heroes? Bah gawd
That's right! And don't forget to re-bless most of your heroes afterwards with AR blessings since Arena ones are really lackluster right now and AR ones also work in AA. ^^

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Shame that Guard is not available as a seal, with it you could try Cherche with Lance Breaker. ... These skills do work on the Rokkrs, right?
Breakers work but you would need to give Cherche Hack-o-Lantern to get the Guard effect. If you have Halloween Mia, Witchy Wand inflicts the effect on foes and you can use breakers on your attackers, too.
I used Cherche and Camilla to defeat Ephraim. Camilla's Axe + Goad Fliers + Drive Speed seal gave Cherche enough speed to quad attack Ephraim, and thanks to the Heavy Blade seal, she could proc Astra 1 or 2 times each time she attacked.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Breakers work but you would need to give Cherche Hack-o-Lantern to get the Guard effect. If you have Halloween Mia, Witchy Wand inflicts the effect on foes and you can use breakers on your attackers, too.
I used Cherche and Camilla to defeat Ephraim. Camilla's Axe + Goad Fliers + Drive Speed seal gave Cherche enough speed to quad attack Ephraim, and thanks to the Heavy Blade seal, she could proc Astra 1 or 2 times each time she attacked.

You got a +10 Cherche? I also thought about pushing her Spd until she naturally doubles, but in the end i went with my Amelia, Brave Eph (stop hitting yourself) and Brector, with Trilemma+ support. Bravephraim and Amelia rocked Special Fighter and Astra. Worked out in the end. ^^

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
You got a +10 Cherche? I also thought about pushing her Spd until she naturally doubles, but in the end i went with my Amelia, Brave Eph (stop hitting yourself) and Brector, with Trilemma+ support. Bravephraim and Amelia rocked Special Fighter and Astra. Worked out in the end. ^^
No, she is just +4. Camilla gave her +7 attack/+10 speed so that was enough to quad Ephraim.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
These damage thresholds for accessories in Rokka Siege seem too high, especially since you're effectively limited in the number of tries you have due to stamina.
I can get around 130k against Ephraim with two green triangle adept armour units with special fighter and astra, and Veronica and a heron going around picking off the reinforcements. I can't get near that against Nah, and hitting 150k on her seems incredibly difficult if you don't have more than one of Legendary Tiki/Julia or Naga to give other blue units dragon effectiveness.
Update on this:
I managed to hit 180k on Advanced Ephraim with Triangle Adept/Astra/Special Fighter Nagi and Brave Ephraim with Veronica and Leanne. The trick to that one was stacking Drive Speed on Veronica and Leanne so Nagi had enough speed to always double.
Then on Advanced Nah I actually hit the 200k damage cap and ended the battle early with Triangle Adept/Astra/Guard/Goad Fliers Catria and Est.

I'm already grinding a Palla and Elincia to give them the same skills in anticipation of a green Rokkr because this seems like the way to go.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
So from watching that video, I need to use Pair Up, herons are the best dancers to use, and I should Ad Astra.
Color advantage and/or effective weapon (Brave weapons are the best if you can quad)
+ TA (if you have color advantage otherwise some buff like DB3)
+ Guard or Special Fighter (if you have a guard effect like Hack-o-lantern or Witchy Wand on your healer then use a breaker skill)
+ Astra or Galeforce
+ any seal that helps with the strategy (renewal, fierce stance, heavy blade, bonds, waves, etc)

I used 2 attackers with that build and Reyson but 2 dancers and 1 attacker also works.
Pair up buffs the paired unit but it's not necessary at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.