• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I'd change his refinement, depending on what Arena tier you're in, you face so many blue dragons or armors that it won't be a problem falling under the brazen skills threshold. If he eats an additional 20% dmg from those, you might fall too low. Or you'll switch his B-skill to Desperation and add Brash Assault as the seal, but no triple Albrazen then.

And yes, Arena bonus means +10 HP and +4 all other stats.

I'm happily living in 19.5 until I find more Nowi and Tiki merges. Last Nowi was in February...

The only reason I'd switch from his TA refine is if I was trying to get him literally every kill for the bonus and that sounds like a massive pain in the ass. I do one run, and I don't cherrypick scores, I just don't have time. I figure if he can kill every sword and axe plus targets of opportunity, that'll be more than fine for 19->20.

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled Halloween Mia solely to use her in Tap Battle for the WAH.
giphy.gif

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
So...I compulsively used 40 orbs on the tempest trial pull in an effort to get the green focus 5 stars, I failed and feel bad. Consolation prize, 5 star dragon princess kana? 4 star fae, Camilla, Frederick?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
So...I compulsively used 40 orbs on the tempest trial pull in an effort to get the green focus 5 stars, I failed and feel bad. Consolation prize, 5 star dragon princess kana? 4 star fae, Camilla, Frederick?
Keep all your Faes. Nobody really uses Renewal anymore but she can be build to be a monster with budget or more expensive skills.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I can't see a good reason to use Fae over Kana. Kana's an infantry dragon, which means a really balanced unit who's tanky. Honestly, almost all of the 5* green units in the normal pull are great, except maybe 5* Libra.

Edit: Fae has better attack and merge potential. Kana is solid and more ready to go without using feathers. You can go either way, tbh.

Camilla is an interesting. If you want a good damage dealing axe flier, Cherche Isa much better option. But Camilla's axe can provide invisible buffs, so she has a niche; but I wouldn't invest in her right away.

Frederick tied for best axe horse after maybe Spring Alphonse, which says more about horse axes. He's slow, but with huge defense he can run quick riposte and be a solid enemy phase unit. His inmate axe is hammer iirc; I want to say he prefers something else.

Last edited:

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't give up on the myyrh dream and was rewarded with not a Myyrh but Minerva five star. I'm racking up green fliers even if this isn't the plan.

Edit: went from 120 to 53 orbs. Admit defeat? I either admit defeat or will be at 0 orbs.

0 orbs, no Myyrh but a Duncan.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't give up on the myyrh dream and was rewarded with not a Myyrh but Minerva five star. I'm racking up green fliers even if this isn't the plan.

Edit: went from 120 to 53 orbs. Admit defeat?
Haloween Myyrh or regular one? You're back to 3%? I'd give up on regular Myyrh just because she shares focus. I spent 150 orb last time she was the only green unit on a banner before getting her.

Halloween Myyrh? Go for it!

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Haloween Myyrh or regular one? You're back to 3%? I'd give up on regular Myyrh just because she shares focus. I spent 150 orb last time she was the only green unit on a banner before getting her.

Halloween Myyrh? Go for it!
Tooooo late! I'm overflowing with red people so I didn't try for Halloween myyrh after doing so alongside Mia efforts

In all the not getting myyrh chaos I forgot I pulled 5 star Ephraim. Between him, Black knight and prize Halloween Dorcan armor guy I have a lot of armor.

Last edited:

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
Gosh, Celica is a lot of fun with the Brazen Atk/Res seal. Think she's my first non-bladetome unit to break 70 Atk regularly.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Tooooo late! I'm overflowing with red people so I didn't try for Halloween myyrh after doing so alongside Mia efforts

In all the not getting myyrh chaos I forgot I pulled 5 star Ephraim. Between him, Black knight and prize Halloween Dorcan armor guy I have a lot of armor.

Emphraim is amazing support for armor units. He has armor march, which allows adjacent armors to move an additional space. His Garm weapon, paired with special fighter, allows him to both deal massive damage and slow down enemy specials.

If you have Effie or Gwendolyn from the 4* pool, they can help make a solid armor Emblem team.

My first theme team was armor Emblem with Grima, Black Knight, LA!Lyn, and Hardin. I technically started the game in April, but only picked it up in June.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I'm debating if I would trade all of the units I got for the tempest trial or Halloween myyrh and it's a close decision. I guess since I'm just starting out it's better to have a variety blah blah blah give me the fun characters.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
Don't pull on Myrrh now. There's a Ephraim and Myrrh BHB coming and she's more likely to not share a color focus there.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Don't pull on Myrrh now. There's a Ephraim and Myrrh BHB coming and she's more likely to not share a color focus there.
Okay, I'll save up and then at two in the morning I'll try to resist going for the Halloween myyrh again. I almost had her when I was going for Mia and opening only red and neutral stones...

Going to make awhile to get 100 orbs again, at 18. After I finish all the story stuff I feel like orb gathering will be slow and I'll be doomed.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Need some opinions from the Arena enthusiasts here if anyone has experience building one of these. Who is the best 3*/4* available red unit to make into +10 for Arena? All of my core Arena teams lean on blue and green, but the red pool has always been a weakness. A lot of the great units are 5* exclusives.

Here are some options I was considering.

1. ATiki (currently +1)
+Already been given Warding Breath for arena scoring and mixed tanking.
+Has Distant Counter built into Lightning Breath+, or I can give her Breath of Fog refine
+Probably best option for assisting in single-player content
-Tends to kill units sometimes, not a great cheerleader unit

2. M!Corrin (currently +0)
+Already been given his Yato refine.
+Probably one of the best cheerleaders to bonus unit (if I shuffle his weekly support)
+Not as inclined to kill things if he needs to chip away some damage.
-Not as versatile for other content, not an individually powerful unit.

3. Eirika (currently +1)
+Same as M!Corrin, good cheerleader, already has refine
+Gets her own buffs too, could be more useful in combat.
-Kind of squishy sometimes

4. Lon'qu (currently 4*)
+Now has access to a refine.
+Can run a Windsweep build like Raven if desired for good chip damage
-Could be annoying to deal with his hit-and-run positioning, as his physical defense might not be great (if you do the special refine)

5. Fir (currently 4*)
+Has a refine
-Her +10 special damage might accidentally kill arena units

(I wish there was a red armor in the 3*/*4 pool not named Draug.)

I haven't paid much attention to Arena or merges (have sat in 18.5 forever) and only recently started a +6 G Duel Soren. Have about 300,000 feathers left, so if you guys have any favorites (maybe some kind of armorsmasher?) I'd love to hear about them. Kinda leaning toward M!Corrin currently, since Soren is debuffing, and just to make getting bonus kills less annoying. Would like to just get to 19.5 instead.

Last edited:

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Need some opinions from the Arena enthusiasts here if anyone has experience building one of these. Who is the best 3*/4* available red unit to make into +10 for Arena? All of my core Arena teams lean on blue and green, but the red pool has always been a weakness. A lot of the great units are 5* exclusives.

1. ATiki (currently +1)
+Has Distant Counter built into Lightning Breath+, or I can give her Breath of Fog refine

+Probably one of the best cheerleaders to bonus unit (if I shuffle his weekly support)

3. Eirika (currently +1)

4. Lon'qu (currently 4*)
-Could be annoying to deal with his hit-and-run positioning, as his physical defense might not be great (if you do the special refine)

5. Fir (currently 4*)
+Has a refine

I haven't paid much attention to Arena or merges (have sat in 18.5 forever) and only recently started a +6 G Duel Soren. Have about 300,000 feathers left, so if you guys have any favorites (maybe some kind of armorsmasher?) I'd love to hear about them. Kinda leaning toward M!Corrin currently, since Soren is debuffing, and just to make getting bonus kills less annoying. Would like to just get to 19.5 instead.
Out of the ones you listed, I currently use M!Corrin and A!Tiki.

Corrin is great if you plan on focusing on getting all your kills with one unit. Load him up with Drives and a Chill skill to turn him into the ultimate cheerleader. He's best when paired with a blue unit as He'll do decently well at defeating any greens they can't handle. I personally use a +7 Corrin and sit comfortably in tier 19.5 right now.

Tiki is just a generic enemy phase tank. Unless you're afraid of having runs ruined by dragons, there are definitely better portions out there. I actually have a Tiki built up, but she is just there to replace Corrin on my Defence team.

Lon'qu is a decent choice, but if argue Fir is better. Her Resistance lets her Ploy to provide support to her allies outside of battle.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
And done with Arena ... seriously, bonus-stat Batmyrrh makes Arena a freaking joke with the right support. I've seen a shitload of Likis this run though, she's basically the best counter for Batmyrrh outside of anti-armor weapons. But that's what runner-up MVP Titania is for.

Score without cherrypicking (as i'm in T21 this week and due to drop next week) was 3766, got 18/20 bonus kills, the missing two were two of those Likis that my Batmyrrh couldn't handle herself due to not being full health.
Titania made this a short problem, she didn't even get one single point of damage from one of them, +10 with Fierce Breath and Special Fighter. Her axe and statline doing in work.

I have to repeat myself, for as disappointed i was initially with Titania's refinement and weapon, she showed me how wrong i was. I will never regret +10 and inheriting DC on her.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Yesterday I iad 49 orbs after doing most of the TT the first two days..... decided to jump into Muspell banner (3.5%) and if I got lucky go to Tempest Trials after with what I had left.....(also 3.5%). I already have 1 Laegjarn but I wanted another (for Caeda) because I like to keep a copy of every unit... also wanted to add one more merge to my +8 Mia

A few pulls in.... I got Laevatein...... not who I was looking for. Had 27 orbs left... yep time to go to Tempest Trials banner....

About a few summons in... I got Lucina.... can I really complain about getting 2 five stars in 40ish orbs? Oh she's +spd - res too so pretty optimal.... and now I can make a +4 Lucina.

Today after finishing TT and doing some tap battle I had 14 orbs left.... decided to YOLO pull on Muspell @ 3.00% since I haven't touched it since getting Laevatein......

I have two of them as +atk -spd and the other is +spd-def, which one would you guys use?

Muspell banner was pretty awesome for me overall, just shows how good a 3 character banner is, especially when 2 characters share a color and the single color is green.....

Think I got 3 Laegjarns, 2 Helbindi's, 2 Laevateins & a 5 star Silvia from under 200 orbs.... 3 5 stars in my last 3 pulls on it....

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
First of all, i hate your for this pull because i wished for it when Laegjarns banner started. ._.

Ok ... i don't hate you, i'm just jealous as heck.

So ... bad banes, huh? Literally two out of the three stats where she doesn't want a bane. Regardless on how you're going to use her (player or enemy phase or even mixed) i'd go with -Def / +Spd, as a Spd boon helps her in both phases. Also, the Def bane is easier to patch up with Def Tactics (due to the seal), Close Def and/or Brazen Atk/Def (better availability).

I have an -HP / +Atk one myself, and she really values the Atk boost, Spd is not an issue due to her being merged up to +5. But in your case it's not worth missing out on 42 Spd (+3 via her weapon) without buffs or other support.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
How bad is res bane for HJakob? Just got my first copy of him.

E: I mean, is he worth investing in?

Last edited:

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017

1. ATiki (currently +1)

3. Eirika (currently +1)

4. Lon'qu (currently 4*)

5. Fir (currently 4*)
+Has a refine

Caeda's a great choice too, as she has access to inheriting a Duel skill for 170 BST and comes with an armor slaying weapon. I use Caeda for that reason. But if I were building a new red for my arena core, I'd probably go with Corrin for his support.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Out of the ones you listed, I currently use M!Corrin and A!Tiki.

Corrin is great if you plan on focusing on getting all your kills with one unit. Load him up with Drives and a Chill skill to turn him into the ultimate cheerleader. He's best when paired with a blue unit as He'll do decently well at defeating any greens they can't handle. I personally use a +7 Corrin and sit comfortably in tier 19.5 right now.

Tiki is just a generic enemy phase tank. Unless you're afraid of having runs ruined by dragons, there are definitely better portions out there. I actually have a Tiki built up, but she is just there to replace Corrin on my Defence team.

Lon'qu is a decent choice, but if argue Fir is better. Her Resistance lets her Ploy to provide support to her allies outside of battle.

Thanks for your advice! Didn't consider Fir's resistance at the time... I already have Soren ploy'ing (or at least trying to), but covering 2 columns in every battle would make Arena much less annoying. I get the impression the only reason MCorrin isn't used more is because of his BST ceiling, but for a many arena players who hates spending time on it, he seems really suited to the new scoring system.

Can you imagine if they ever released a R Duel Infantry skill? I'd imagine it's one of the least likely because of all the strong red sword/mage units, but you'd probably see a lot of +10 cheerleader MCorrins if that ever happened.

Caeda's a great choice too, as she has access to inheriting a Duel skill for 170 BST and comes with an armor slaying weapon. I use Caeda for that reason. But if I were building a new red for my arena core, I'd probably go with Corrin for his support.

Oh yeah, forgot about fliers. I was never able to pull Laegjarn from the banner, but could in theory someday get the Duel Skill in the future. Caeda being a flier also would make Tactic buffs slightly more viable for an Arena core too.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
How bad is res bane for HJakob? Just got my first copy of him.

E: I mean, is he worth investing in?
What build are you going for? I have +Def -Res HJakob with Bold Fighter and Brave Bow and the bane makes no difference, but it might have an affect if you're going for a guard bow build.

champloo

Oct 27, 2017
Some of you guys are really making the game look generous with your pulls.
This is what I got after spending more than 400 orbs on the Halloween banner: Innes x 2.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
What build are you going for? I have +Def -Res HJakob with Bold Fighter and Brave Bow and the bane makes no difference, but it might have an affect if you're going for a guard bow build.
Probably offensive since he won't survive a lot. Gave him Death Blow already since it's cheap, maybe will give him Brave Bow.
I can also sacrifice Faye for Firesweep Bow and WLissa for Bold Fighter, but I'm not sure if it will pay off.

E: he's +atk; looks like offensive is the only viable option.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno why everyone keeps raving about the Duel skills, most units won't even be able to use them properly. Caeda is one of those examples imo. Even with her bonus damage against armors, she's too weak to finish them off immediately and would need some A-skill that helps out her offensive stats. The moment she eats a physical counterattack, or worse, survives into enemy phase with a physical enemy unit near her, it's over.

Soren is a good example where a Duel skill works very well. His tome's refinement plus the debuffing help him enough not to rely on some A-skill, making that Green Infantry Duel skill working well enough. Add in the bonus stats when he would be a bonus unit in Arena, you're set as long as you keep him cuddled up by allies.

Gosh dammit you guys, now i want to make a Soren +10 project ....

E: he's +atk; looks like offensive is the only viable option.

Just like the other dude (or dudette?) yesterday with the same Frankenjakob IVs, Brave Bow+, Ignis/Bonfire/Aether, DB 3 (or 4) or alternative Sturdy Blow for the Def-specials, Bold Fighter, Armor March (or a Wave skill maybe).

Say hello to your new offensive monster. Deviles new bow might also be great on him, maybe more on the enemy phase Vengeful Fighter build, since he doesn't like charged specials to the face too much. ^^

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, I was a little concerned about arena this week, having to pit my Lon'qu against L!Tiki, but he completely destroys her. I guess arena bonuses help a little with that.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hah, I was a little concerned about arena this week, having to pit my Lon'qu against L!Tiki, but he completely destroys her. I guess arena bonuses help a little with that.

Yeah, the bonus stats turn many battles. If full health, my Batmyrrh was even able to take on +10 Likis after buffs from Titania and some Drive support from Nowi.

Samstrike

Oct 27, 2017
Just like the other dude (or dudette?) yesterday with the same Frankenjakob IVs, Brave Bow+, Ignis/Bonfire/Aether, DB 3 (or 4) or alternative Sturdy Blow for the Def-specials, Bold Fighter, Armor March (or a Wave skill maybe).

Say hello to your new offensive monster. Deviles new bow might also be great on him, maybe more on the enemy phase Vengeful Fighter build, since he doesn't like charged specials to the face too much. ^^

I'm a dude and yeah I can recommend that build. I tested him a little and he seem like a total monster! Quad attacks with +1 cool down charge per attack is no joke.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017

Thanks! Still concerned about giving him Bold Fighter since I only have one Lissa and she might be better spent on someone else. I guess all armours prefer this skill over other options?
And If I ever get Deviles he'll stay with me. )

I'm a dude and yeah I can recommend that build. I tested him a little and he seem like a total monster! Quad attacks with +1 cool down charge per attack is no joke.
What special did you give him?

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Dunno why everyone keeps raving about the Duel skills, most units won't even be able to use them properly. Caeda is one of those examples imo. Even with her bonus damage against armors, she's too weak to finish them off immediately and would need some A-skill that helps out her offensive stats. The moment she eats a physical counterattack, or worse, survives into enemy phase with a physical enemy unit near her, it's over.

Remember we're not trying to kill them with Caeda... plus her old SP optimal build required Distant Counter.... R Duel Flying's 5 HP means more than DC against melee units... which is what 95% the higher tiers consist off....

She can run windsweep to not get countered, can run tactics/guidance, has more res than soren so better at running ploys.

She's pretty good.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Cant believe I have to use the Fonz for this arena season...I never upgraded his weapon so this will be painful

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Remember we're not trying to kill them with Caeda... plus her old SP optimal build required Distant Counter.... R Duel Flying's 5 HP means more than DC against melee units... which is what 95% the higher tiers consist off....

She can run windsweep to not get countered, can run tactics/guidance, has more res than soren so better at running ploys.

She's pretty good.

For a pure supporting red flier, i'd rather give Oliviair the skill. Comes with a default Chill skill, Spd even, super useful. Comes with Guidance, and while she can't run ploys, she can buff all stats at once by her weapon. For the easy merge red cheerleaders i'd give MCorrin, Marth and Eirika the edge over Caeda, really.

Oct 25, 2017
3. Eirika (currently +1)
Depending on your team, Eirika is the opposite of squishy and mine just kills everything with extreme prejudice...

Kindve a problem actually when you want bonus unit kills.

Shes actually completely useless as a cheerleader since the only buff I have her giving out is the hone attack on her weapon, which just gets overridden by the attack tactics that L'Arachel carries.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I feel like the only person using Saias as their bonus unit. I'm in T17, so his low BST isn't an issue; otherwise, H!Dorcas is my best unit.

Also, I can't help but feel so many maps on this TT are there to waste your time. For example, there's at least two maps where each individual AI is designed to stay put unless they can assist or an ally is in range, meaning you're practically forced to turtle or have a unit who can handle everything (Batmyrrh probably can?).

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I just conferred blessings on things, I saw the orbs and I want a piece of this. I did earth off of my free Ike, blessed Veronica, brave lyn, and Sothe. I don't like Sothe but he does a ton of damage and the other guy isn't leveled up yet to take his place.

Edit: For the confirm blessing do you need one hero with an innate blessing like Ike or Fjorm and water? Or can you just run with four random people.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I mean, it's the same exact art from last year, no?

But I'm actually planning to run M!Kana over Nowi for my eventual dragon emblem team simply because one is less embarrassing if an onlooker see's my playing in public.

Okamiden

Oct 25, 2017
Why did I get two defense scores in the 300s? This has never happened before, I have a bonus hero in my defense team (Alfonse) and I set it last night before going to bed, so at no point was my defense team without a bonus hero. And yes, I triple-checked that i had the correct defensive team set.

Weird.

Speaking of Alfonse, he's so ridiculously OP as a bonus unit with double brazen atk/def. And now he's even more OP with brazen atk/res seal. I instantly promote from tier 20 to tier 21 whenever it's Alfonse week because he just sweeps the enemy teams. No chance of staying in tier 21, though.

Anyways, is flashing blade even worth inheriting? I got a dupe Mia while trying to get more Myrrhs. That Mia is +spd/-res, so she's super good. My old Mia is +atk/-hp, also excellent, but I think +spd is better. I'm hesitating on whether I should merge or fodder. Can't really see the use of flashing blade when it's also a seal, and at the point I'm at in the game, I don't have a use for unmerged units anyway.

Also got another Dorcas. I might use him as fodder for infantry pulse shenanigans, though.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
LTiki pushed me into 742-744 range for Arena, might be able to stay in crown next week considering she can get 20/20 kills. Only kills I didn't go for this run were a Lewyn and a Nino. Thinking 3757 will hold for crown this week but in guessing a lot of arena scores were inflated with H!Myrrh and L!Tiki

My first run did get ruined by a Bold Fighter Deathblow 4 +10 Grima with full armor buffs. Fuck that guy.

Last edited:

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I believe that your arena defense team isn't "set" until you make a call to the server (i.e. enter a battle, interact with allies) because you're just toggling it locally on the Edit Teams screen.

So your defense team didn't change because you just set it and then didn't do anything else.

I wonder if using HMyrrh will raise my arena score enough this season to stay in T20. I just hit 999 Dueling Swords so I guess I can burn a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.