• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I can't tell these characters apart anymore. Is Silvia or Lene the more useful dancer to invest in for AR? Might as well make use of the x5 SP multiplier before it's gone.

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
Pulled Brave Lucina to support Helbindi in Light season, but now I'm not entirely sure what to do with Helbindi's weapon;

Hack-o'-Lantern + Noontime for protection from specials,
Wo Gùn + Noontime for more damage and more healing,
or Slaying Axe + Sol for maximum healing potential.

Someone help me pick!
Wait, I can't tell these characters apart anymore. Is Silvia or Lene the more useful dancer to invest in for AR? Might as well make use of the x5 SP multiplier before it's gone.
They're fairly similar units, but Silvia is in the 3-4* pool and thus much easier to merge and invest in than the still 5*-exclusive Lene.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the quick replies!

Hm. Don't have Phina for Geishun or Fallen Corrin for Sudden Panic yet. Guess I'll hope for them to return.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I thought you were talking about regular Fjorm! Ha do I look like an idiot. Thanks for the explanation!

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Pulled Brave Lucina to support Helbindi in Light season, but now I'm not entirely sure what to do with Helbindi's weapon;

Hack-o'-Lantern + Noontime for protection from specials,
Wo Gùn + Noontime for more damage and more healing,
or Slaying Axe + Sol for maximum healing potential.

Someone help me pick!

I run Slaying Axe+ on my Helbindi but have been tempted to try out Wo Gun. I like Slaying Axe a lot because of how much AoE damage he often has to endure. Ophelia can hurt him that badly, but the AoE will often take off 20-30 HP off the top, so healing off all that damage upfront (and then one-shotting her in return) helps him when he needs to tank 2-3 nukes in a turn.

A decent number of the AR nukes have pretty low defense and he can often oneshot him in return, but there are units like L!Alm with defense in the mid-20s who will get that second (more dangerous attack in). If Wo Gun+ Helbindi gets a +6 Atk field buff, he can just barely one-shot L!Alm in return (assuming no Def buffs). You might save a few doubles depending on the enemy comp, otherwise it might be pointless. The fact that you get free Noontimes in this setup is really appealing, though... Trading off 20% damage healing to get better L!Alm matchups (and others) might be worth it. Tough call. I would say Slaying Axe+ is the "safer" option, but Wo Gun+ has the higher ceiling of beating more setups.

I'm not into Hack o' Lantern as much because I find a lot of my AR matches have enemies with precharged specials and a lot of the damage comes upfront. I don't use Helbindi around enemy armor teams and he tends to kill Galeforcing lance users on follow-up.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Finally! It costed me 675 orbs but I got the final 4 merges for her:

It was going so well but the last copy took 332 orbs. I thought I wasn't going to make it.
I also got: Leo (in 2019!), H!Mia, Ike, Genny, Grey, and finally a H!Niles on the same circle I got the last H!Myrrh.

Congrats on this! I personally wouldn't be one to aim for merges on seasonals. But great that you managed.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Good grief, yesterday was dire. Not pulling related, but Arena. Noticed that my back-then current score won't be enough to re-enter T21, 3723 i think. So after cursing loudly and proudly, i started to make a new run.
It took me 65 (!) Arena crest refills until i was able to get a perfect run. I'm just glad that this also got me 24 points more and that's enough to stay in the T21 moving threshold.

The game simply just threw nothing but hard counters at me. There was maybe 2 or 3 matches along this whole ordeal that didn't consist of 2 reds, mostly either anti armor or anti dragon, and +10 Surtrs all around. Nagi being my bonus unit made this really "great". I very often also got teams with 3 reds, like of course. Probably went throught 75% of the red pool during this crap.
And when it wasn't a team made to fuck with my Nagi, it was nothing but low score ones. Going by the Arena Score Calc, 730 was the lowest i could have, but up to 746 at the highest. Game: "LOWEST IT IS!"

The only good thing during this time was the satisfaction how Nagi shut down Fallen Corrin and Fallen Tiki. Beatiful thing to see.

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Finished the last map of Hall of Forms. I didn't realize how much they would crank up the enemies' HP, it was definitely a bit touch-and-go. I kept getting weirdly bad enemy comps for the tools we were given. Came down to having to sacrifice Alm so that Boey could get 2 attacks on a Cordelia. After all my smack talk about Boey (he never did get QR), it was ironic he was my only survivor.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
The TT is pretty easy because Lilictor can use that freaking Duo Skill on each map. Then he gets his bonus stats ... pretty much the only thing you need is a HP regen special.

Maybe some anti-anti-armor that the games loves to throw at you in the later maps.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The second and third ticket sessions didn't yield much for me, aside from some fodder, but on my fourth ticket (and orbs), I pulled a +Res, -HP Ilyana. That makes three 5-star units from this banner, so I'll consider it a win.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I got lucky with this banner and got the two I wanted with only about 50 orbs. I must resist the urge to be greedy. I kinda want to try to pull for the other two but I know it will only end in despair. I should really just build up my orbs for the Christmas and new heroes banner in case there is anything I want from those.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Athena Three Houses DLC when?

Say ... this cooking stuff in Aether Resort. Is that fully random? Because i didn't get any 5 stars yet, no matter how "heavenly" the meals were.

3* Odin from new power ... yeah ... -_-

Veto. This wholesome family needs a less disgusting nickname.

This wholesome family can reduce enemy teams in AR to 1 HP in a matter of two turns. If you act like zerging Tyranids, you get a Tyranid name. Lilictor! ;]

That's Legendary Hector. Legendary = Lector, Brave = Brector and Valentines = Vector. ^^

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first gold throne in AR.

It's nice that I was able to get there without any high merges or rare skills. On defense, having two Duma basically mitigated all lift loss. I ended up at -60. On offense, I benched my (light blessed) WCecilia for most of the week and relied on a team core of Naga, the free Fjorm, and an Azura. I filled out the rest with LLyn (extra lift, but surprisingly clutch), Aversa, and of course BLyn+Rein.

Yes I had some really good matchups but I can understand why the power creep exists. I needed Naga and Duma to score higher and decrease lift loss, but otherwise I was beating teams with free heroes and ranged horses. I didn't need to pull for the mode-exclusive skills or +10 a seasonal. The map size makes things doable.

I think Hall of Forms is a perfect example of where the game's limits are. One movement support skill is pretty much all you need to win a battle.

I'm not saying every map needs abyssal reinforcements, and keeping it accessible to new players is key for any long running game, but I think IS knows what the upper limits of this game are and will keep pushing it to keep the money coming in.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Halloween banner has been weird to me. I didn't have many orbs for it so I pull everytime I get a chance...

I've probably put like 120 orbs there and got 2 Dozla, 1 Edelgard and 1 FKana. It's a nice haul but L'Ara needs to appear soon pls.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I've gotten a lot of golden thrones from Astra (no def mythic, one Naga), and yeah, you really don't need 5 * exclusives to carry you. Besides mythics for scoring, and maybe a support unit like dancers or Lucina, free units can work for offense.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Reached tier 19 from the bottoms of the AR pit in two weeks. Nice! Gonna be rough now with 50/100 cost just to battle once haha.

First time I'm encountering 6 man teams. Yikes. It's gonna be a roll of the dice whether they're packing a formidable team and defense map. Like, how do you even beat BVeronica? I'm using cavalry and I always lose a unit to her. Can't use Raven tomes either.

Oct 25, 2017
I still cant believe they are giving us Defiant Attack as a seal
Not to mention we've got Defiant SPD/DEF/RES seals to look forward to.
Can't wait.

Like, how do you even beat BVeronica? I'm using cavalry and I always lose a unit to her. Can't use Raven tomes either.
Cavalry only, no Raven tomes, eh? Maybe a speed/res heavy unit with Refined Keen Wolf tomes or refined Ridersbane/Poleaxe to negate the visible bonuses?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Light blessed Cecilia with TA should be able to take hits from Brave Veronica, Reinhardt and Ophelia but that's because she has a Raven Tome. She can't counter attack Veronica so you should attack first.
If you can't use Raven tomes then you could use an infantry tank with DC + Null C Disrupt. Donnel, Libra, or Fir should work.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Cavalry only, no Raven tomes, eh? Maybe a speed/res heavy unit with Refined Keen Wolf tomes or refined Ridersbane/Poleaxe to negate the visible bonuses?
Light blessed Cecilia with TA should be able to take hits from Brave Veronica, Reinhardt and Ophelia but that's because she has a Raven Tome. She can't counter attack Veronica so you should attack first.
If you can't use Raven tomes then you could use an infantry tank with DC + Null C Disrupt. Donnel, Libra, or Fir should work.
I mean I can't use Raven tomes because her staff prevents her from being counterattacked. If the Raven tome unit gets hit, my other units will still get debuffed. She or another unit will then get danced or do Aerobatics shenanigans and get an easy kill now that all my units nearby the Raven tome unit received -8 to all stats.

Maybe I'm just unlucky. Or my opponent is well educated in knowing how the AI reacts in certain situations.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, you meant your defense team? I can't help you much because my defense team sucks. But, if you want to use cavalry on defense then you could research about the Cavalry line. Akariss had some videos explaining the setup in the desert map.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty funny. No, I mean some of my opponents are well-versed in creating defense teams that absolutely destroy me (or at the very least one unit.) It's difficult to score perfectly unless you spend time (and money) crafting different offensive teams.

I also feel like crafting good defensive teams will matter a lot the higher tier you're in because their offensive teams are probably insanely stacked. So the chances of you losing a lot of lift is significantly higher if you're just doing whatever on defense.

champloo

Oct 27, 2017
I find focusing on Galeforce to be the most consistent offense strategy since it requires minimum AI-predicting. I used to maintain multiple attacking teams for different occasions, now I just spam the same team on anything.

for AR defense, I crammed as much cancer as possible into one team (double dancer + infantry pulse + rally trap + firesweep) and haven't touched it in months. it's not very creative, but it usually works fine.

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Oof, reminds me I need to properly optimize an AR defense team later, I'm having to attack way more than I want to maintain rank 19 and climbing is like a focused week of my life I can't be bothered with often enough.

Also for Tempest Trials what's usually a safe number for top 1000? I've been spamming it a lot lately to farm HM since I have a seemingly endless supply of stamina potions and I've got a nice high score I'm wondering how much I'll have to maintain it for that sweet 10k feathers.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
AR def is, for me, always a 50/50. I'm roaming in the tiers where i have both, "normal" players and whales as enemies that attack my base. I've seen both, flawless defeats from regular players without a single merge, usually a hard counter to my def team, and full +10 / +10 or +5 whale team with $$$ skill inheritance defeats because those weren't able to crack the entry to sweep my def team and got whooped in retaliation from my def team then.

At this point, i focus on having two def mythics, either the same unit or ... Duma/Thrasir for example, and focus on making sure that you kill at least one attacker. Basically, take the loss, make sure you don't lose Lift when you take it.

Though, i might not be the best example for AR. I really only care about not dropping out of T21, i don't care about anything else in this mode. Too much shit for me to really care. Also, i was so annoyed back when i reached T21 ... had a flawless offensive run, but no def mythic so a loss always meant much Lift loss. And while i managed to stay in the threshold to enter T21, those fucking losses made me lose on the Gold Throne. Just decided that this isn't worth the time it needs.

Also for Tempest Trials what's usually a safe number for top 1000? I've been spamming it a lot lately to farm HM since I have a seemingly endless supply of stamina potions and I've got a nice high score I'm wondering how much I'll have to maintain it for that sweet 10k feathers.

Expect to continue farming until the end of the TT.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
One of the main things that helped me get into AR tier 21 was deciding to stop making an effort making a good defence team and instead just loading my defence with Duma/Sothis and all the legendary heroes that are in the current season so I only ever lose 55 lift, then in light season with Eir I was able to gain enough lift to offset the loss.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else thinking the upcoming new heroes banner is this years Brave Redux / Farfetched?

Going to be interesting, wether or not that banner will be that one. The two top ranked heroes after the CYL3 winners were Anna and Bruno. The ones after those are Jill, Severa, Rinkah, Lilith, Selena, Conrad, Shinon, Rath, Cormag and Python.
I removed some others from the rankings, like Lif, Hel and Mila, who are all but officially confirmed to be mythics. And a few heroes that are still higher ranked ones, like Haar, Rinea and Cynthia were now added to the game, either by alt or by GHB/TT.

Let's see if IS gives in and just adds an Anna alt and gives out Bruno, or if they skip those and follow with the ones starting with Jill.

For what it's worth, i'm pretty certain that Jill will be a part of this years Brave Redux, either as a summon on the banner or as the GHB.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Anyone else thinking the upcoming new heroes banner is this years Brave Redux / Farfetched?
FFH3 is probably November. Last banner included a leaked achievement, which both indicates next banner is a story chapter and the few details made out of the new character (red character with blue eyes and light blue hair) doesn't match any FFH3 candidate.

------------------

Regarding Veronica counter for defense. Veronica, when used as an offense unit, is a hit and run unit so punishing Veronica often means shutting down hit and run. Make sure your frontline is resilient for both magical and physical (bike and Seliph are good frontline units). The key to a good anti-HnR unit is knowing no assists influence who moves first (iirc, a no assist unit moves first when you're not bring baited). You want a nuker, like Ophelia, to go out and punish their team for attacking.

If the team is Veronica+4 dancer cheese comps, then the solution is unfortunately get the T20 and accept the lift loss. Cheese comps tend to disappear once you're playing against people who want to score better; losing two to three dancers to bonus/mythic basically prevents those comps.

Last edited:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Veronica counter for defense. Veronica, when used as an offense unit, is a hit and run unit so punishing Veronica often means shutting down hit and run. Make sure your frontline is resilient for both magical and physical (bike and Seliph are good frontline units). The key to a good anti-HnR unit is knowing no assists influence who moves first (iirc, a no assist unit moves first when you're not bring baited). You want a nuker, like Ophelia, to go out and punish their team for attacking.

If the team is Veronica+4 dancer cheese comps, then the solution is unfortunately get the T20 and accept the lift loss. Cheese comps tend to disappear once you're playing against people who want to score better; losing two to three dancers to bonus/mythic basically prevents those comps.
What's a good build for Bike in AR offense? DC, Sol if no infantry support, QR if no Null C-Disrupt, random C if no Pulse Smoke and Fierce Stance as seal?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
For tanking Veronica and the other RazzleDazzles ... you pretty much need Null C-Disrupt.

FFH3 is probably November. Last banner included a leaked achievement, which both indicates next banner is a story chapter and the few details made out of the new character (red character with blue eyes and light blue hair) doesn't match any FFH3 candidate.

Hmm ... *goes through list* ... Python or Silque! Also not to far behind in CYL3. ;D

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The first two male and female on CYL3 not in the game yet, if not counting Bruno, are Jill/Rinkah, and Conrad/Nils. So I'm expecting a banner with those characters around november

Status
Not open for further replies.