• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
Woah, I hadn't realized this thread existed. I'm completely addicted to this game and play it everyday, so I guess I'll be posting here regularly from now on lol

So, is anyone else in the process of saving up orbs for their favorites right now? I've saved up 294 orbs (which is almosy nothing, sadly) for Kjelle, who is currently just 40+2 in my game. I felt the need to spend some of them to get H!Hector and Lilina, which I finally got after spending around 80 orbs. Well, at least they're Atk+.

I'm happy to see them continue Bantu's precedent. Having another Blue Armor unit in the lower pools is quite nice, might look into actually building an armor unit for scoring if Valbar looks solid.
Absolutely! I didn't care much for Bantu, but Valbar's a nice character and he's got great potential if his stats distribution and skills allow it. I'm really happy they decided to keep on releasing more characters like him!

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I just spent hundred of orbs to +10 my H!Myrrh. I now have 302 orbs. I'll probably save for the legendary banner.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently just under 100 orbs because Halloween cleaned me out. I can see myself doing impulse pulls on the next Farfetched/Brave Redux banner too, which always leaves me tapped out for the Christmas banner.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I wanted to get at least one HMyrrh or HNiles, so I spent around 200 orbs sniping those two colors.

The result was FMorgan, Adrift Camila, Katarina, Selkie and Lute.

All new and most have good IVs, but... I mean... Why?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't been playing for months, but I log in a few times a week to collect orbs and do the free pulls.

I was bored and tried out the Forms mode. This is one of the most fun modes in the game, and the persistent characters and growth through maps feels the most like regular Fire Emblem. Love this mode.

How often do they run this?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been playing for months, but I log in a few times a week to collect orbs and do the free pulls.

I was bored and tried out the Forms mode. This is one of the most fun modes in the game, and the persistent characters and growth through maps feels the most like regular Fire Emblem. Love this mode.

How often do they run this?

Probably once a month, but we don't know officially yet as this is still the first time the mode has been in the game.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Update up.
ODXixDz_d.jpg

And was about to post the stats imagine, but reddit thread got deleted. But apparently Silque is apparently a slow but tanky unit.

Update: Stats for the new units.
wgaoth69ttt31.png

Pretty interesting stats. Conrad looks to be a better Berkut with that high res.

But both Valbar and Conrad are meh in SI, apart from Brave Lance and Chill ATK, but the latter is a sacred seal. So not much value on that.

Forsyth and Conrad each have a solid min-max stat line.

Silque does look to be one of the few healing units that can run the Absorb + CC + QR3 combo quite well.

Update: Looks like the blade tome descriptions were changed in order to make it more clear on how they work.

Went from "adds total bonuses to unit to damage dealt" to "grants bonus to unit's ATK = total bonuses to unit during combat."

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Silque? More like Tanque (tank). She at +10 / +5 with Absorb and CC ... yeah. Have fun. Field her together with For- "Try to kill me" -syth to have the ultimate stall team.
It's a pretty defensive banner i have to say.

Valbar has a Spd boon? IS, go home, you're drunk.

Got pity broken by a Phina, -Res / +HP, okay, at least not -Spd or -Atk. And shortly after that a Catria, same IVs -Res / +HP. Done with the banner. Would've loved an Atk boon for her weapon, but oh well, just need to buff her up a bit more.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man, IS making fun out of the "Pegasus Sisters all look the same" situation is golden. Really. Fjorm continues to star as a Forging Bonds main cast and top series investigator. ^^

So, i guess Lif is dead ... dead-dead? Summoner now can double wield, so IS, two pulls for the cost of one pull when? It's canon, you wrote it!

I wonder if ... dead-dead ... units like Lif stay dead or if Hel just brings them back as often as she wants to.

how does Forsyth of all people get to be busted? if anything he and Valbar should've swapped places..

I guess they wanted to balance between two units from Celica's side and two units from Alm's side. Right now it's Forsyth/Python from Alm and Silque/Catria from Celica.

Forget that, my bad. Silque is actually Alm's path too. So Silque/Python and Valbar/Catria would've worked. Guess they wanted Python and Forsyth together due to them also being mostly "together" in Echoes.
IS could've just chosen different units from Alm's path then, like Luthier and Tatiana. But that might not work too, because she might be coming with Zeke for the same reasons they keep Python and Forsyth together.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So, I guess Lif will be the legendary hero for this month, followed by a Hel banner shortly after? Might as well hoard orbs as my luck has been terrible again.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
No blue or reds on the weekly revival banner so I pulled the one green and got a random Kaden. I guess I now have one for each AR season.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Got Sirius for free. Lmao.
I mean, yeah, he kinda belongs in Valentia banner too. :)

On a side note. I now have a spare Nailah and two spare Caineghises. So I can probably build an ultimate anti-range tank for AR. It's been my dream for a while.

The question is, who would be best for it.

Fitting both DD4 and Null C-Disrupt into one unit requires that unit to be either ranged or have a build-in DC. WCecilia sounds good, but her speed is so bad she actually needs Wary or Vengeful Fighter. Same for Caineghis and pretty much any armor unit in the game.

Dragons with Lightning Breath? They have a problem with atk and charging specials, and I need them tanks to kill their offenders, otherwise there might be problems crashing into my team on the wings of mercy. *cries*

Fjorm? BIke?
Forget about DD4 and speed problems, and equip Nagi with Null C-Disrupt so that she could deal with everything up to Ophelia?

What are the other options?

Ayo... I still don't have Reyson.
If you were not avoiding green, then... damn this guy is elusive. You'll get him one day though, don't worry. :)

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
The best omnitanks imo are green axe heroes because of Hack-o-Latern. Null C-Disrupt locks a unit out of Guard, so green axe units have the advantage of being able to use a weapon with Guard effect.

Libra is good, Beach-Psycho erm Beach-Ylgr is good, Hawkeye too. But they all need DC. BIke does too in the end, and on top he needs some backup for special cooldown reduction to make best use of his Aether.

Thing with best anti-rage is that this hero needs to be able to eat the specials from the common Special Spiral mages.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Decent summons. Palla/Sophia are meh, but Cain, silque, and bantu are legit. Silque is fodder for one of my Jugdral units; Nanna has witchy wand already so either Ethlyn or Lachesis.

I'm leaning towards Lachesis since she's both Astra and infantry, unlike Nanna who is light and a cav, so I feel there's more instances that I'll find a use for melancholy there. Lachesis also has close counter (longterm plan is pain+/cc/vantage, since her atk is high for a 3/4 healer), and while I don't forsee a use for melancholy+cc, there might be a use I haven't thought of.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Speaking of Lachesis, I'm only one merge away from +10ing her. Plus two more dragon flower levels. Mine also happens to have CC as well plus, QR3, Vantage, Marytr+. She also has pain+, though mainly sticking with absorb after seeing a couple of videos showcasing such builds.

Est will definitely follow after my Lachesis merge project is done. Just need and ATK+ Est to make her more potent with her WW Spear effect.

And managed to get Echoes Catria with one of my tickets! And with neutral IVs to boot!

Last edited:

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've used the free pull, two tickets, and about 20 orbs so far. No focus units, but I did pull a +HP, -Res Nah. I'm thinking either Bonus Doubler fodder or merge her with my current Nah.

Either way, it's a 5-star pull, which makes me happy.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Valbar has more BST than Effie but the latter has 5 more Atk so she's not completely power crept and still the easier option to build. Plus she's due for a prf.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure both Hel and Lif will end up a mythics. It would be *strange* if it's just Eir and Thrasir, while Lif and Hel would be legendary heroes or even regular ones.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Valbar has more BST than Effie but the latter has 5 more Atk so she's not completely power crept and still the easier option to build. Plus she's due for a prf.
Zephiel got his refine long ago and since then no other gen 1 armor has gotten a refine. I guess Hector counts because he got access to another version of Armads but regular Armads doesn't has a refine yet.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I can't see a scenario where Hel isn't the last mythic of this year. She is a goddess, why would her daughter and her servants be mythics, but the head honcho not?

Gustav and Henriette should be normal units, agreed here. Only question, will it be Gustav, or Ghostav? ^^

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
My guess is Lif is our November mythic (Astra), book 4 unit will debut on a hero fest as a light mythic--just like Eir--and in January we get Hel as a dark mythic. Alternatively, Hel piggybacks on the hero fest.

Gustav will appear on fallen heroes 3 months from now lacking any real place to put him.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
The best omnitanks imo are green axe heroes because of Hack-o-Latern. Null C-Disrupt locks a unit out of Guard, so green axe units have the advantage of being able to use a weapon with Guard effect.

Libra is good, Beach-Psycho erm Beach-Ylgr is good, Hawkeye too. But they all need DC. BIke does too in the end, and on top he needs some backup for special cooldown reduction to make best use of his Aether.

Thing with best anti-rage is that this hero needs to be able to eat the specials from the common Special Spiral mages.
I don't think Guard is mandatory tbh, specials are not a threat if they deal like 0-4 damage due to DD4. LAlm is still irritating though, but Guard won't help against his weapon effect.

Just got through two AR battles, the first one was Veronica/someothercavhealer/LAzura/Ophelia/SMicaiah/Aversa, second Lewyn/Ophelia/Reinhardt/Aversa/Flyzura/LRobin.
Nagi killed them all, including SMicaiah which has color advantage and anti-armor weapon.
Maybe I've got my perfect ranged tank already...
How people build her?

Byyyy the way:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to the hell-tiers. Enjoy your sorrow. ;]

About Nagi, she pretty much comes with all you need. You want her to keep the default breath, DC. Special Fighter stays because of the Guard effect. C-skill is up to you, either a smoke skill (like Pulse Smoke from GroomPent) or whatever fits her in the team you use her.

Seal would be QR, or whatever you like. ^^

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I can't see a scenario where Hel isn't the last mythic of this year. She is a goddess, why would her daughter and her servants be mythics, but the head honcho not?

Surtr is a regular unit who could have been a legendary unit. Eh i dont know...

emperors-new-groove-doesnt-make-sense.gif

Hel could still be a mythic herself, so who knows

Also FYI, apparently Catria's weapon actually does true damage according to the Japanese description. Just not stated as such on the English description and people have tested it out.

Last edited:

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Congrats! Are you protected by lift loss control until the end of the season?
Thanks! Yes, I already have a successful defense for today. :)

Welcome to the hell-tiers. Enjoy your sorrow. ;]

About Nagi, she pretty much comes with all you need. You want her to keep the default breath, DC. Special Fighter stays because of the Guard effect. C-skill is up to you, either a smoke skill (like Pulse Smoke from GroomPent) or whatever fits her in the team you use her.

Seal would be QR, or whatever you like. ^^
Thanks. :)
QR should be cool on her, right.
C-skills are always difficult to choose though.
And she won't be able to retaliate when healers attack her.
Maybe I should just stick to Nailah and use her against said healers.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Congrats as well jugemu!

Meanwhile I was less than 20 points from reaching tier 21. The last match, I forgot I wasn't using double the Aether and therefore didn't get double the amount of Aether back from breaking the pots and fountain, enough to play another match. I could have just surrendered had I realized that lol!

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I just made tier 26 in AR. I had exactly 60 extra points above the cutoff and I just had a defense loss for 60 points 😄

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled Forsyth and didn't realise his weapon was per attack and not per special trigger and ha ha ha that's wack. +Atk/-Res so he's gonna hit like a truck and the res bane is... Manageable!

Also got Idunn who's -Spd/+Def, so building a new armour team I guess!

Hoping to pull Silque to see if Azama's meme CC build will work well on her thanks to her staff.

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I made it to Tier 21 for the first time too!
Last week I had a better lift-earning team (about +140 max lift) but got hammered on defenses. This week my max was only +120ish but I'll finish with zero lift lost on defense. All of my defenses were successful except the last one about 10 hours ago. But I had a successful defense right before before that failure so loss control's on till the season ends.

I decided to go deep into red hell to get a Catria. I didn't get her but did get a +Atk Adrift Camilla, special spiral fodder Keaton, a B!Alm, and a Silque on a no-red circle. Good 5* rate though!

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhhhhhhh, its been a while since a banner was this good for me.

All tickets + ~200 orbs got me: Catria +HP -DEF, Phina +SPD -DEF (and I just have spent a ton of orbs chasing her on her banner...), Silque +DEF -SPD and Catria +DEF -SPD.

Happy to finally get Phina and with great IVs too, happy I got Silque and even though I would've preferred a +RES, +DEF is also pretty good, and extra happy I managed to get two Catrias. Neither IVs are ideal, but at least I can (and already did) merge them to get rid of the banes until I get a better IV one.

I also got my first 4* Norne, and now I can +10 5 more units from the 3*~4* pool, which puts me at 77/116. Slowly getting there. Hope IS shakes the pool up at the end of the book now that we have two guns. >.>

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
The last map of the latest chapter was certainly entertaining.

Leon defecting from the Order of Heroes to join Valbar in the last map

Alternate summoner giving his gun to Lif

My summoner dual-wielding gacha guns

I'm guessing that this could potentially lead to the in-game lore explaining why there are summoning pool variations.
i.e.:

OG Breidablik - Summoning pool includes only newer units (gen 3 and onwards)

Breidablik (Lif-dropped loot) - Summoning pool includes older gen 1 - 2 units

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Earth season + Lilictor bonus unit = me a happy guy.

I think this week will probably be the easiest week to re-enter T21. Though, i also fully expect my words to hilariously backfire on me. ^^

Totally forgot the last weekly revival banner on sunday, pulled now, got a vanilla Azura. She's now +8, only from pity breakers outside of the first time and last merge, where i pulled for her color by decision.
Null Follow Up banner got me a Titania, and 3* Roderick.

I *hate* Roderick and Oscar by now, there's no units i get more (and most often as 3*) as these two fuckers. If i would've merged all of the ones i got, i think i could have like 20+ +10 of varying rarity.

So ... Catria deals true bonus damage from her weapon? I'm glad that her weapon falls off a cliff against high def monsters, but being honest, this will make her Arena bonus seasons easier.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I've just learned about the Restore trap. Wish I had chosen BCam as my free hero now. When are they going to rerun the third Brave heroes? Micaiah would also be pretty nice to have.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Congrats as well jugemu!

Meanwhile I was less than 20 points from reaching tier 21. The last match, I forgot I wasn't using double the Aether and therefore didn't get double the amount of Aether back from breaking the pots and fountain, enough to play another match. I could have just surrendered had I realized that lol!
Thanks!
Hopefully I'll manage to stay there.
Hopefully you'll manage to get there this week. :)

But damn I hate anima weeks, they force me to use Naga, and she's the most useless thing I have ever seen in this game. Cannot bait, cannot DC, cannot double. Her entire purpose is beyond me.

I made it to Tier 21 for the first time too!
Yay! Congratulations!

I *hate* Roderick and Oscar by now, there's no units i get more (and most often as 3*) as these two fuckers. If i would've merged all of the ones i got, i think i could have like 20+ +10 of varying rarity.
I hate Arthur for the same reason. His atrocious artwork doesn't help it either.

I just made tier 26 in AR. I had exactly 60 extra points above the cutoff and I just had a defense loss for 60 points
Can't even imagine what did you have to go through to get so high. :)
Good job!

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Today has been a weird day for free pulls.
Null skills banner gave me Blue Olwen. Original Olwen in 2019. The funny thing is that I was lucky enough until now to not have summoned her before.
SoV banner gave me a free Catria (+DEF -HP). She comes with so many skills. I like her but after her bonus arena period, I'll have to sacrifice her for fodder.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Naga is basically a support unit for me. Repositions units out and grants dragon effectiveness to take out all the Dumas and Tikis.

Status
Not open for further replies.