• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh, Kempf is a reinforcements map. Current Arena team took care of him though. His sword can be pretty ugly ... i wonder if a Galeforce build would be viable on him with it?

Yep. I'm using Fjorm as my tank this season and used double Peony for +8 speed and another +6 in-combat. Most significantly, it means she can't be doubled by Legendary Alm! Pretty sweet.

What's your Fjorm's build? Null C-Disrupt for B-skill?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Last week I was short on time so I did a quick AA run, picking all Beginner opponents. My score got me the same reward as a one death run on all Advanced. So much for trying in that mode.

Are they going to just drop a Hel+Lif banner on us or are they upcoming legendary heroes?

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
What's your Fjorm's build? Null C-Disrupt for B-skill?

It's pretty simple actually, and low investment aside from Steady Breath:

1n5feuD.png

SB just ensures a Noontime proc on every attack. (I took this screenshot from my barracks, so the stats include summoner support but not her bonus stats. With bonus stats, double Peony support, and a visible buff of only +3, she was at 65 speed while enemy-phasing Alm in yesterday's AR match.)

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Fjorm is awesome if you got merges on her but being a legendary hero limits the seasons you can use her on AR. I've seen her being used with Bonus Doubler and she becomes a monster.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's a shame that Fjorm rarely comes up in the bonus rotation nowadays, as she's a terrific AR tank when it happens. But mostly I use HS!Camilla in light season, and she works well as a tank most of the time. Looking forward to fielding her with Peony in the future, as it will make a lot of matches much easier.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty simple actually, and low investment aside from Steady Breath:

1n5feuD.png

SB just ensures a Noontime proc on every attack. (I took this screenshot from my barracks, so the stats include summoner support but not her bonus stats. With bonus stats, double Peony support, and a visible buff of only +3, she was at 65 speed while enemy-phasing Alm in yesterday's AR match.)

Simple enough yeah. Mine is basically still the default kit, Ice Mirror and Shield Pulse also did their work on L'Alm so far this week ^^.

But Renewal kinda sticks out here. I really wish Null C-Disrupt and/or Mystic Boost would be more common.

Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't realized what a memelord Kempf was online - and now it's even worse in this game with Reinhardt's own memelord status.
Haven't been able to crack Infernal yet because my usual flyer team was taken down by all of the archer reinforcements. Holy crow.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Did Kempf's ghb with OG!Leif, Finn Osian, and WT!Olwen. Life goals complete.

Kempf is now +2, but need 20k to give Arden another merge. I need feathers. So many feathers. 😟

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Right guy is either Xander ... or Seteth. Imo.

I guess it could be Fates, holiday is one of the special theme banners that these games are still missing.

E:

Oh wait, i looked at it wrong. It's a side profile, most likely damaged art. With that in mind, it looks like Roy or maybe Alm?

Last edited:

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
My bet's on Alm. 2018 we got Innes, Tana and Myrrh on random seasonal banners before getting Ephraim and Eirika on Christmas.

2019 we've got Genny, Lukas, Berkut and Rinea on random seasonal banners, so I expect Alm and Celica on Christmas.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
'Tis the season for wacky Fighter skills once again.

What an odd set of units, though. Surprised to see Sothis all by herself here, and Winter Zephiel was a big WTF.

EDIT: Oh nice, free Jaffar in Tempest Trials! Green daggor armor unit, looks like. That's awesome.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Very bizarre set of heroes. The FE7 ones make sense since they're all from the same map pretty much. Sothis and Marth are somewhat random picks though.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, the banner heroes seem a bit disjointed this time around, coming from 3-4 different games. No way can I justify summoning on it, but I do like the character artwork. Duo Marth/Elice is cool, too.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does Marth grants bonus doubler to allies? Thats interesting.

And Marth has Fire Emblem, and Sothis has Sirius (and VIke has Radiant Aether as well). Looks like characters are not afraid of using their legendary prf specials on festivities..

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Marth has 41 speed base, probably superboon, he can stack so many speed that his fire emblem probaly will hurt a lot

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Why is young Zephiel 18 feet tall?

Meh banner for me, and bleh at double lolis. I might go for Marth+Elice, but their artwork isn't the greatest.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Didn't really say much of my piece, since I was watching the VGA.

But to make quick work, I'd say it's a pretty interesting banner apart from it being another set of armor units. Zephiel and Nino have a pretty questionable skill list IMO. Notability for the latter as it does seem like she will be a fast unit with ATK/SPD form but gets bold fighter. Though will have to see the stats first.

Sothis and Marth are definitely potent picks. The former for having a good base kit and the latter for having an especially, good base kit!

Marth simply needs to be buffed by any means in order get a +3 spectrum buff and +1 special cooldown charge and that's on top of the +4 buff from his special. Honestly no need for any blade skill.

But I also gotta say that Daring Fighter looks to be another potentially good skill, though seems like it will only be good for units that can manage a guarantee follow up through condition (like B!Ephraim) or units that are naturally fast (such as Amelia and H!Niled). And it's player phase specific too. But going into the skill itself, this is definitely a giant middle finger to null follow up and on top of having a desperation effect except having a 5% higher HP threshold requirement than the regular desperation skill.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man ... i saw the Sothis thumbnail and really thought "Holy Shit, these madmen and madwomen made it, they made Christmas Seteth!!!" .... and then i watched the video.

Pretty random really. Zephielad, Nino and Jaffar belong to one game, EliMarth are from one game, Sothis standalone representative from her game. Will try for EliMarth because good old Frankenjakob starts to show his age without more merges. Maybe Sothis too, though i'm pretty set on green armor dragons. Maybe i switch trying for Sothis with Nino.

I wonder if my trusty high merged Gundamelia works with Daring Fighter? She's fast enough with her Spd boon and her weapon passive. Or ... which armor is fucking fast, easy to merge and able to use a Brave weapon? ^^

Anyone else thinking that IS should give out some celebration orbs because Three Houses won Voter's GotY at the TGAs? ^^

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Why the heck does Zephiel sound like a 50 year old trapped inside a teenage brat? Also he's festive instead of crazy.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Easy skip for me. Skills are interesting but I have many 5 star exclusive armours with no merges so they would just add to that. Had to double check that I actually had a Fallen Tiki in my barracks.

Jaffar might be interesting if we didn't already have a free dagger armour.

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably just going to pull for Marth/Elice. Other than them being the duo unit I have some colorless units (Virion and Saizo) that I'd like to build eventually and still need copies for merging.

Oct 25, 2017
I blew all my orbs chasing a Close Counter unit only to get squat, so I'm going for my free pull and that's it.
Nothing on this banner feels like a good fit for me anyway. I guess I really am more of a Halloween person than a Christmas person.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'll probably just free pull colorless and hope for tanya and that's it. Somewhat thankful it's a nothingbun banner, since the Thracia banner did a number to my orbs. So, I sleep.

Still debating about going for Takumi. I'm only at 350 orbs which feels uncomfortably low for me ("what if the new heroes banner is genealogy?" my mind thinks), but I also really want CC for Arvis.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably just free pull colorless and hope for tanya and that's it. Somewhat thankful it's a nothingbun banner, since the Thracia banner did a number to my orbs. So, I sleep.

Still debating about going for Takumi. I'm only at 350 orbs which feels uncomfortably low for me ("what if the new heroes banner is genealogy?" my mind thinks), but I also really want CC for Arvis.

I don't think you're getting a better chance than a 3 hero banner with increased focus rate for CC in the near future. Maybe if Dancing Mad Xander or Tharmor reappear on a legendary/mythic banner, but there's always that shared color focus with those.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Now I look up online, and this whole time the face of the Fire Emblem franchise is the baby of the bunch. Bwahahahaha! Not to harp on the character, just found that surprising on top of him having a sister in the first place. But it's the lack of FE knowledge me.

Also, if Marth had not said his sister's name, I could have easily mistake her for Caeda. I mean they all have dark, blue hair, after all.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Now I look up online, and this whole time the face of the Fire Emblem franchise is the baby of the bunch. Bwahahahaha! Not to harp on the character, just found that surprising on top of him having a sister in the first place. But it's the lack of FE knowledge me.

Also, if Marth had not said his sister's name, I could have easily mistake her for Caeda. I mean they all have dark, blue hair, after all.
Lol, just yesterday I was joking that plenty of people would learn Marth has a sister

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Will try for EliMarth because good old Frankenjakob starts to show his age without more merges.

Looking at this now, I'd argue that Marth powercreeps Niles more so than Jakob. Jakob may now be outclassed as a player phase-oriented unit, but can still serve as an enemy phase-oriented one, given his higher bulk.

Edit: And going to correct myself on Daring Fighter. PM1 may have clarified that it just allows you to bypass skills that prevent follow-ups like wary fighter. No indication that it negates null follow-up and it mentions nothing about negating skills that prevent "guaranteed" follow-ups.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
since they are giving us mini versions of sol lances I wonder if we will get min versions of astra sword and lunar arc

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Sothis: Silver Spectre
Her weapon's name : Snow's Grace

Silver Snow. Now I must obtain Sothis christmas alt at all costs.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Alright so given the TT+ won't be in 3 days and therefore no update yet, the notifications for bonus units and sacred seals are as follows:

Bonus units:

The new winter units, OG!Marth, SF!Nino and OG!Jaffar

Sacred seals:

Warding Blow, Steady Posture and Distant Guard.

Interesting line up there. Having Distant Guard as a sacred seal leaves the c slot open, such as for self-buffing skills like waves, paths and rouse skills.

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dang, was hoping that Jaffar would give out Armor March. They weren't going to provide Bold/Vengeful Fighter, and Armor March doesn't seem way more premium than Wrath, which they already gave us. That's annoying.

Surprised they gave Jaffar a really defensively-oriented kit like that. Dunno if that means they made him a more offensive armor like we'd expect (and are trying to balance out his kit), or if he's going to be a super tank like Cecilia is. Maybe a faster Cecilia with less attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.