• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
You guys are getting all the luck. I already spent all the previous year's tickets and got nothing. I'll wait until I have all 5 tickets for this year's banner and try to get Anna.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I got pity broken by Mordecai at 4.25%. Sigh.

I've gotten like 50 of him as a 4 star, I didn't even realize he was in the 5 star pool.
He is a good 5 star project imo, has a prf and high bst so will score high in arena, is a good smite user for AR
The only reason I never merged him because i have too many +10 blue units (nowi, odin, reinhardt, catria and effie)

Oct 25, 2017
I somehow ended up with an original Lucina - neutral, so it's just Masked Marth with Aether included.
I'll take my two dragonflowers and say good day.

Oct 25, 2017
Did you already wring the hero merit out of her?
I phrased that badly. I won't send her home or anything, I just won't use her for anything important when I've got a merged Masked Marth that can do the same job.

In other news, I put Kempf on my AR defense team with double Poison Strike - mostly for a laugh - and a couple of my defenses have not let me down. He won't be a permanent member by any means, but watching him wear down a tank 30 damage at a time puts a smile on my face.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
New banner gave me a free Mikoto, so yolo'd the other colourless orb for...

A 2nd Mikoto. With the same boon/bane.

Someone's getting Flash soon then~

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'm using a very experimental build on Kempf for AR-D: http://imgur.com/a/kYNlBhq

That's with bonus stats, but he's going to get a lot of merges when he drops in Feb. So I'm fining giving him stuff like Byleth I don't see myself ever seriously using.

The basic premise is a vantage unit can snipe him since he's the HB unit, but unless they can one shot him, he inflicts flash and shuts down the vantage unit for a turn. If they ignore him, he attacks first, and inflicts flash.

I haven't gotten enough replays to see how it works, but I like the concept.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I finally reach AR 15 and got my free Ike. I never thought I'd see the day. That's probably it for that mode for me, outside of a battle a day for the rewards.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got nothing from the summon tickets and spent 80 orbs sniping blue, only to get pitypbroken by Fallen Tiki in my first colorless. +Spd, though, nice merge at least.

Am gonna call it here, Alfonse and Sharena are more in the "nice to have" category. Maybe I'll luck out in the 3 remaining tickets.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
In regards to the next update:

Brunnya and Cormag will be added to the grail shop.

A reminder that we will get 10 compensation orbs due to the error on Igrene's weapon.

Apparently loading screens will now showcase units in active summoning banners and you will now get notifications when battle ballots are restored for VG.

And now for the next lineup of weapon refines to kick off 2020.

Henry

Leif

Rebecca

and

CORDELIA! FINALLY!

Gonna be curious to see what Rebecca and Henry will get since they were in desperate need of refines beforehand. Rebecca (like Virion) will definitely be a guessing game since she comes with a silver bow. Could see Henry still retaining the raven tome effect. Not certain what they could add for Leif, but that's like our third year 2 unit to get a refine (the others being F!Kana and Linus, given the latter also has Basilikos).

Hopefully Cordelia retrains the brave lance effect, since there technically isn't a prf brave lance. I know what your thinking, but the Whitewing weapon's and Panther Lance? I personally mean one without requiring a condition, just to use the effect without restrictions.

Edit: And threw in 30 more orbs with 2 tickets in the NY banner. The honor of my first 5* unit goes to (coincidentally) my first B!Celica with ATK+/DEF- IVs! And in the same batch with her gives me a 5* Echidna with neutral.

Pretty ok with this, and there are still two more tickets to earn.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Now cordelia and leif fans can shut up about refines in just one batch, great move IS

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I am excited too see what they will do with henry, he has the third lowest atk of the game after azama and odin

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
I am excited too see what they will do with henry, he has the third lowest atk of the game after azama and odin

Expecting something similar to Boey's refine, maybe with a Fierce/Sturdy Stance effect on top for good measure to help with him not being able to make a dent in things? Or something special based like the Wo Dao + Slaying effect or Dark Excalibur to help him pop off Bonfires.

Either way, something that'll make use of his defence stat because it's the only thing he has that's worth a damn.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Expecting something similar to Boey's refine, maybe with a Fierce/Sturdy Stance effect on top for good measure to help with him not being able to make a dent in things? Or something special based like the Wo Dao + Slaying effect or Dark Excalibur to help him pop off Bonfires.

Either way, something that'll make use of his defence stat because it's the only thing he has that's worth a damn.
He has the scond highest HP of any ranged unit in the game so maybe that too.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Finally, it's Cordelia's time to shine.
If Leif is getting a refine then Quan should get one, too. His weapon is too underwhelming.

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell, game - yesterday's ticket got me my first Gerik, today's got me my first Quan.
Beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

Looking forward to Cordelia's refine, and I guess Leif's too, so I can finally get around to leveling him up.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Anyone else is orbless and stuck with NY!Eir as their bonus unit for Tempest Trials? she's so unremarkable and gets countered by the boss, so she's just there watching most of the fights as fallen Tiki has to do all the work, blegh.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
People use bonus units as anything but fodder in TT? I've been auto battling for years and it's always the two units and a staffless healer who do the heavy lifting. Or do you guys still aim for the max rewards?

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I wouldn't use her if I had any of the gacha units but alas, it wasn't meant to be. I just wish her dagger was colorless so a better red unit could take her spot.

I don't remember the last time I didn't had any other bonus unit except for the freebie.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
FWIW, I believe keeping at least one copy of NY!Eir can be beneficial if you follow F2P guides. I mean it doesn't always apply to all units (like the free melee units), but Eir also has that sabotage gimmick in her weapon that I can see be exploited.

And I get people aren't fans of colored daggers/bows, but that fact they are a thing, a lot of variety in freebies wouldn't hurt IMO.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
People use bonus units as anything but fodder in TT? I've been auto battling for years and it's always the two units and a staffless healer who do the heavy lifting. Or do you guys still aim for the max rewards?
I don't like spending orbs, except for units I like, so I end up with the TT free unit as my bonus plenty. And yeah, I just accept they'll die and autobattle and focus on a three unit core of self-sufficient units; currently noontime Mareeta, noontime f!Tiki, and dc/vantage Ares. It's honestly not a big deal imo.

Berkut

Oct 25, 2017
After 989 orbs, I finally got the 8 Brave Roys. I started with 950 orbs, but only summoned 7 copies. I had to grind orbs to get the last copy.

Screenshot_20200105-062104.png

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
reached 5.5% pity on the christmas banner chasing C!Marth... I have never reached this high T_T

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I decided to give up on getting Anna. At least for now.
I spent 130 orbs on the previous new year's banner and I got: Lucina (+SPD -RES my first one, believe it or not), NY!Laevatein (+SPD -ATK might merge her with my other one), and the unit I was hoping to get NY!Hrid (IVs unimportant, he is gonna give his weapon to my Silvia). Overall, better luck than on the current NY banner.

Loco4Coco

Oct 27, 2017
New York
So I keep getting this message when trying to log in and doesn't let me pass

"The Nintendo Account Session has expired. Reauthentication is required at this time"

support code: 803-3108

It tell me to insert a verification code, but the email they sent the code to no longer exist so I can't see the code. Did I just lose access to my 3 year old FEH account forever?

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing about 2 copies of +10 W!Sothis is, yeah, she's the first true 185 BST unit, but all duo units also get a 185 BST score in arena... so why limit yourself by getting only Sothis? Wouldn't Sothis + Marth/Elice give you better diversification while scoring identically?

On a related note, I ended up making a strategic decision to +10 W!Sothis myself, partly for Mjolnir Strike scoring and partly because I needed a third core unit for a fire-blessed team. I also factored in the possibility of getting a bunch of Ross and Echidna copies to bump up scores for my other arena cores (but that will be a gradual project since feathers are always scarce).

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I got more copies of Ross to bump my score for Mjolnir... I hope the Divine Codes are worth it.

Oct 25, 2017
I keep flipping between tier 11 and 12 in today's Strike due to my score being on the borderline between tiers. I'll probably end up at the lower one though, which is fine, unless I can find a way to get another point or two.
For me, trying to wring as much arena score out of my units seems to be the bulk of the work with Strikes - the shield phase itself is practically a formality at this point.

Obstruct is a legit skill in Mjolnir's Strike.
Yuup, makes the shield phase a piece of cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.