• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I think Deathea can work great with it, her weapon already self-buffs her in-combat, why not additionally debuff the enemy.
Or Julia. With her refinement, she hits Res on Dragons and the Lull skill helps her when close countering them.

E: Or even regular Tharja. If you run a CC build, the debuffs of Tharja's Hex and the Lull skill stack, so that would mean a guaranteed -7 Atk in combat.
Fallen Delthea? I agree, she is sturdier than she looks, thanks to her tome. Give her Sturdy Impact as well and she won't fear counterattacks.

Oct 25, 2017
FMorgan can't use lull anyway.
I dunno, are you going to even use Kiria? If not might as well give it to cecilia, it might make you use her again.
Alternative: Save for a future unit
nah wont use her, dont bother using anyone I dont care at all about. Right flying, I let the requirement slip as I was thinking of defensive mages.

I might just extract the flowers and book her for now.

Bonejack's suggestion sounds really good actually. I have Julia and Deirdre, and they are all about 1 hit kills. Julia especially can use it to tank and kill. I might do that

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
nah wont use her, dont bother using anyone I dont care at all about. Right flying, I let the requirement slip as I was thinking of defensive mages.

I might just extract the flowers and book her for now.

Bonejack's suggestion sounds really good actually. I have Julia and Deirdre, and they are all about 1 hit kills. Julia especially can use it to tank and kill. I might do that
I forgot about Julia. Tho Deidre already negates buffs with her version of Naga.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Managed to finally get my 11th copy of Mia, unfortunately I had to go through about 120 orbs from story mode to do it.... think I have 4 orbs left now + the latest paralogue.... still got a heap in the multi maps to farm......

So my current +8 Mia is +attack
My free summon Mia is also +attack
And the final Mia is just neutral

Stick with +attack or go neutral?

Shame I had about 4 copies of +speed but they got merged since +attack was better back then.....

Tempted to drop some more orbs in an attempt to get Kiria. though the idea of pulling loads of 3 year old guys isn't very compelling. do something to the pool please IntSys.

No matter what gatcha game you play you'll be sick of pulling low rarity starter units since you've seen them all the time, if anything FEH has done more than most by removing the old nat 5 characters from "current" banners. It would be amazing if Fate Grand Order removed the chance for me to get spooked by Arjuna, Orion and Vlad for new banners.....

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Mia gets HP/Atk/Spd from merge if neutral right? I'd likely go with that since Speed became much more relevant lately.

Bovine

Oct 29, 2017
This banner started bad for me, taking 80 orbs to get a Leif, but then I pulled a Fallen Corrin and a Tsubaba in my next 25 orbs. I already have a +10 Fallen Corrin so she is fodder (some good fodder) while Tsubaba I can use in the arena. Hoping for a 3H banner soon.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Whoever designed this allegiance battle map needs to get a straight high five. In the face. With a chair.

Seriously. Fuck this map, and fuck whoever made it

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I did beat that map but some of my units died. I don't care enough to retry because the rewards this week are only feathers.
I already wasted an hour of my life retrying Arena for a higher score yesterday.

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Toronto
This game is so fucking perfect....I just realized that Byleth's armor reminds me of Darth Vaders....I've just been leading my forces and slaughtering all the stand in our way

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
650 orbs down on the banner and I've managed 3 Kirias and 8 pitybreakers. I'm not going in any deeper today, it's time to take a break and hope things improve later.

Something good happened, though. I got my first +Atk Tharja, which is kind of crazy considering I already have two 5* +10 copies of her built (+Spd), and I've pulled enough Tharjas in my time to build 3 more.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Something good happened, though. I got my first +Atk Tharja, which is kind of crazy considering I already have two 5* +10 copies of her built (+Spd), and I've pulled enough Tharjas in my time to build 3 more.

I actually fully merged mine today. That makes 3 merge projects done now.

Guess it will be random, as I'm particularly aiming to merge Nino and Est but don't have any extra copies as of now.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
YO, I haven't played in forever but I just got a push that says TMS#FE characters are in!!! That's amazing! Booting up and downloading a million updates right now

Oct 25, 2017
Free roll got me an Eyvel, 70 orbs later I get pitybroken by Brave Celica.
Gonna scrape up some more orbs and wait and see what Mythic we're getting in a week or so.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
So apparently there's a glitch in Paralogue 42-3 where the cutscene music plays over the map music (and for double the fun, enemy/battle music overlaps as well):

The irony that this occurs during a musically-themed Paralogue is not lost on me. lol

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Bleh, AR yesterday was some hot fuckery again ... and then this Allegiance Battle map. Hopefully this week is better, at least it's an off-week in Arena for me.

PSA for Mjölnirs Strike this week, don't be like me during the last one and forget to use your arrows this time! ^^

Oct 25, 2017
I just want more memes.
Don't we all, dude. Don't we all.

7ad

hB2Ok6B.jpg

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Good grief ... i just skimmed through a few posts on the FEH reddit, came upon some about Repel/Close Call and the discussion about them and thought "Why is there some discussion about those lackluster skills?" and went to check them again.

Turns out, i completely missed that those skills not only reduce AoE special dmg, but also regular combat dmg. Man ... now i can see why some think these are broken.

*Ahem* on a side-note, do Mia's refinement and Flashing Blade 4 stack ... just ... asking. ;]

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I'd totally give Close Call to Fir if she could also get Null-C Disrupt as well. Close Call is way more useful but I can't count the times NCD saved me from Brave Veronica and Brave Lyn.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Good grief ... i just skimmed through a few posts on the FEH reddit, came upon some about Repel/Close Call and the discussion about them and thought "Why is there some discussion about those lackluster skills?" and went to check them again.

Turns out, i completely missed that those skills not only reduce AoE special dmg, but also regular combat dmg. Man ... now i can see why some think these are broken.

*Ahem* on a side-note, do Mia's refinement and Flashing Blade 4 stack ... just ... asking. ;]

Yeah, they're pretty impressive! One of the reasons I was chasing NY!Lethe is because she has the damage reduction part built into her weapon, and she's pretty easy to buff incase someone's a bit too close to her Spd as well.

Not to mention the other Cav Beast weapon traits and her base kit meshing with it really well.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Close call is very strong. Comparing to Brave Ike refine, if Ike is doubled, he takes 60% damage on the first hit and 20% on the second, so on average, his refine reduces all damage by 60% (taking 80% damage over 2 hits)

Close call reduces all damage by 40%. Even if the user is doubled (which only happens with guaranteed followup skills, since repel/close call users would have 50+ spd all the time), the user will take only 120% damage total, which is just a little more than a single unmitigated hit

That is, of course, considering the max effect.

When those 60+ spd abyssal units start using close call or repel, things will be.. interesting

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
They re-run GHB so I don't need to spend grails on picking up the ones I missed necessarily. Do the Tempest Trials units ever show up again? I know Masked Marth did a few times but I don't remember seeing any of the others.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Marth is the only exception to the rule that Tempest Trials never return. IS seems to have decided on this plan long term, because recent TT units are consistently getting higher BST / better skills than GHB units -- the obvious reason being that TT units require more grails to +10.

EDIT: Actually, I think Ahnez is right. That would explain my extra Tobin, now that I'm looking at my barracks.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They re-run GHB so I don't need to spend grails on picking up the ones I missed necessarily. Do the Tempest Trials units ever show up again? I know Masked Marth did a few times but I don't remember seeing any of the others.
There was one 'rerun' tempest a long time ago. It was not one specific rerun though, it was a tempest with multiple tempest units as rewards, but no new unit. I remember Black Knight, Joshua and Marth being there, I think Clive as well.

edit: Tobin and Arden were also rewards of that tempest

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
IT BEGINS! (Might require a touchscreen to vote.)

Observations:
TMS is now a listed game. lolwarriors
Although 3H is split between pre and post-timeskip, anyone who's in both will have votes combined.
Marth is having his votes combined again, but Anna isn't.
Gatekeeper is nowhere to be found. Let the rioting begin.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Well prepare for the 3H curbstomp! Lol Warriors shafted! And what? You can't choose Gustav or Henriette? The former was even an enemy you face! That doesn't make any sense!

And going to keep my votes a secret until the 7th day.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually at a bit of a loss on who to vote for. My usual choices all made it in.
And it's not like any Three Houses characters need MY help to get to the top 10.

That mid-point CYL4 report is gonna be lit

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
IT BEGINS! (Might require a touchscreen to vote.)

Observations:
TMS is now a listed game. lolwarriors
Although 3H is split between pre and post-timeskip, anyone who's in both will have votes combined.
Marth is having his votes combined again, but Anna isn't.
Gatekeeper is nowhere to be found. Let the rioting begin.
They have Bruno on the front page, they know the want is very mighty.

Edit: How come we can vote for Freyr, but not Alf's mom and dad??? 😠

Last edited:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to choose Melady because she doesn't exist in the game, even though I know it's futile and 3H/FEH will win.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Kinda bored with just voting for my favorites again like I've done the past three times, so this year I'm just gonna say "screw it" and vote for Heroes OCs.

7 votes for Plumeria it is! 🥴

But for real, Peony is a lock for the top 10 female vote, and don't sleep (heh) on the dökkálfar duo either. Last year, Bruno (#6/male), Líf (#7/male), and Loki (#8/female) received 40k+ votes combined.

Never underestimate the power combo of original character + spicy fairy. ;P

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
People of the FEH thread, it's time. Vote for Edelgard! ^^

Going to be interesting what type of unit she would be in a Brave version.

SPOILERS FOR THREE HOUSES
Given that the Flame Emperor is voteable, that disqualifies as a Brave alt for her. Though honestly, vote for this char should get added to Edelgard's. ;]

I'd say that she either will be a red mage, possibly armored, hoping for flying. She has a decent MAG growth and a magic-related Budding Talent in Three Houses, despite being plot-forced into a melee armor path.
Or she will be a red sword unit, and will use a variant of the Sword of the Creator, as she's the only other person next to the Byleths that can wield it due to her secondary Flame Crest.

Completely wild guess, she could also be some sort of Manakete, trying to bring her Hegemon Husk form into the game.

Men's side is open between Claude and Dimitri. Though i could see Dimitri getting some competition from Marth. Claude should be a relatively safe guess.

AGAIN SPOILERS FOR THREE HOUSES
Claude's Brave alt could be some sort of "King of Almyra".

Dimitri ... no idea what you could do for a Brave alt. He sure is a bit "vanilla" compared to the other Three Houses lords.

----

Boy, yesterday i was hoping that AR would be better this week, nope already had to use 2 Escape Ladders. I'm just tired that my Vantage units don't work properly despite me checking for skills or Hardy Bearing that prevent it from triggering and not finding them. And i'm so tired of seeing teams with three dancers. I hope this mode gets a massive rework during the anniversary or sometime this year.

Also, did some dumb thing and rage pulled on the TMS banner. Folks, despite what i say now, never.rage.pull.
I was *so* lucky because literally the second freaking red orb gave me a +Atk / -HP Kiria. And that after blowing some many orbs on Monday only getting off-focus.
Stopped pulling immediately, basically only wasted 9 orbs total.

Lewd dreams for everyone! 🥴

You need Plumeria for that?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Plumeria > Edelgard
😎

Anyway, I will never engage in the waifu wars. As always, it'll be a straight (lol) beefcake ticket for me. Everyone throw a vote to Bruno so we can finally get the last Book I OC in the regular summoning pool!

Status
Not open for further replies.