• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Depends, i have a Res boon one and she tanks blue mages (not named Reinhardt or Ophelia) well enough, especially with the Mirror Stance seal.

But Catria ... that thing scares her.
Seems trivial to double and finish Altina off with a special though. I guess +Res nature and Mirror Stance help. I didn't check how Peony survived two hits but I thought it was hilarious.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Seems trivial to double and finish Altina off with a special though. I guess +Res nature and Mirror Stance help. I didn't check how Peony survived two hits but I thought it was hilarious.

Probably bonus stats from being a bonus unit that week and Altina getting hit with debuffs? Her Atk isn't high honestly, debuffing her is pretty effective.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could see the breakdown of Legendary Ike voters to see who wants a second free copy, who wants another because they foddered/sent home their free one, those who don't know taps don't equal votes, and those who just plain don't know you can get him free. Thirteenth place is too high for my tastes.

As for Altina, I don't have one myself but I've seen her in action in AR replays and some players like using her as a tank which doesn't always work out. I like it when my Bold Fighter Halloween Ilyana takes them by surprise.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
It's hilarious that the same people that will completely ignore the FEH pass letting people have 3 summoner supports acted like it was the end of the world when Death Blow 4 came out.

Eh, 3 summoner supports is extremely convenient but the effect in PvP will end up being pretty minor, I expect. Only the most competitive players will be willing to grind summoner support on 3 units every week (how many people even do it with 1 unit?). I certainly don't envision doing it myself. More likely I'll just summoner support my light carry and astra carry to avoid having to grind it at all.

Yeah, if you use it "correctly" then it's probably a bit P2W, but we're talking about the people who are already in the top 50-100 who are likely to bother with that.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Edelgard and Lazura shouldn't be this high
If people will troll this I will vote for Ike, he is my favorite anyway

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
L!Azura is one of the best units in the game.

If Altina doesn't win, the next best option is her.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Day 3: 4* Est

The voting results look respectable so far. I've been tossing my votes between multiple units, but I may start focusing on a particular unit now.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
L!Azura is one of the best units in the game.

If Altina doesn't win, the next best option is her.
She was one of the winners last year, and even if you didnt pick her she was in a banner at the same time so people that really wanted her could pull for her
And no, the next best option is LLeif, Winter Sothis or any duo unit.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also L!Azura has been run in a bunch of Legendary banners. Everyone who actually wants her should have her already.

There are new players who could use her but I don't get how veterans of the game could still be sitting around wishing they had a chance to get her. It's time to move on.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Also L!Azura has been run in a bunch of Legendary banners. Everyone who actually wants her should have her already.

There are new players who could use her but I don't get how veterans of the game could still be sitting around wishing they had a chance to get her. It's time to move on.
Also Peony does a similar job.
Really Altina, LLeif, Winter Sothis, any duo unit all seem more useful to me and are units that aren't redundant

Oct 25, 2017
1) Altina (Keep)
2) Winter Sothis (Fix Bane)
3) Azura (Fodder)
4) Lif (Fodder)
5) Sothis (Fodder)
6) Edelgard (Fodder)
7) Alm (Fodder)
8) Leif (Fodder)

my priority list for the current top 8

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Why even argue against L!Azura when she's in third place of the voting, meaning there's still a lot of people who wants her and sees value in her.

Peony is a good option, since she gives you the same buffs to all stats after dancing, but never underestimate the power of moving an extra space for infantry and flyers, especially since we can agree on Altina being really powerful and people always hiding the most annoying threats in AR just barely out of reach of your attackers.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why even argue against L!Azura when she's in third place of the voting, meaning there's still a lot of people who wants her and sees value in her.

Peony is a good option, since she gives you the same buffs to all stats after dancing, but never underestimate the power of moving an extra space for infantry and flyers, especially since we can agree on Altina being really powerful and people always hiding the most annoying threats in AR just barely out of reach of your attackers.
Edelgard is six, doesnt mean she is a good pick
Lyn was 1st green last year, wasnt a good pick either

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Having everyone, including new players, with guaranteed access to the best dancer in the game is a good thing. Specially since the alternative to her is the very mediocre peony.

Altina is still the best option of those, but saying that LAzura is a bad choice is absurd.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'm still voting for Altina because I feel a free astra mythic is the best outcome for most people (worse case, it's an extra 16 points per week, unless you whaled for +10 Altina and Naga already).

I don't see myself using most of the non-mythics. Leif will be a merge for me, which I'm fine with because I like my FE4/5 units, but Snowthis, Edelgard, Alm, and Azura? Eh. I just don't see myself using Snowthis and I had the others and never used them. My PvE is completely FE4/5 themed, and I find most "broken" units aren't consistent in PvP without serious investment, so I'd rather take a scorebot, with astra>dark>anima being my preference. Edelgard is the one I dread the most, the unit aged badly (for PvP content, just use Raven for AR-O/arena or B!Ike for AR-D).

Having everyone, including new players, with guaranteed access to the best dancer in the game is a good thing. Specially since the alternative to her is the very mediocre peony.

Altina is still the best option of those, but saying that LAzura is a bad choice is absurd.

How is Peony mediocre? I honestly find her better than Azura, ngl. Prayer Wheel makes Azura the better dedicated buffbot than Peony, but there's other ways to get buff so it's not a huge factor for me. Azura's +1 movement on her dance target feels comparable to Peony's global omni-orders, and can often emulate a lot of the same plays. And Gentle Dream being able to give +3 visible buffs across the entire map is actually very clutch for cleanup; that's a play Peony can do that Azura just can't. Also, Flowers of Joy is great.

Like, Azura's fine, but I find the fact Peony is more oriented towards buffing the entire team rather than just the dance target honestly makes me prefer Peony in almost all cases. Just use tactics and/or links for the other buffs.

Last edited:

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
If you include Peony's weapon's buff a danced unit has +6/+6 to Atk and Spd which isn't too far from Azura's +5-7 spectrum buff.

Azura is obviously easier to use but Peony rewards proper positioning.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Edelgard is six, doesnt mean she is a good pick
Lyn was 1st green last year, wasnt a good pick either

Yeah, but Edelgard has a lot of hype going on with her with 3 houses being voted game of the year by people, Byleth in Smash and the Chose your legends voting, and is still 3 spots below L!Azura over one year after her release. People still wants her, and I don't think I have to remind anyone how much of a bitch those Legendary banners are. and no matter how many orbs you save there's never a guarantee of getting what you want. I've been trying to get units like Hobo Tiki and Flying Robin and still have eaxactly zero of them, you know what I have a bunch of by never even trying to get? Fucking Fjorm and Legendary Ike. After spending 200+ of orbs and getting only this I was so angry.

XOscnEr.png

Seriously, my Fjorm can easily get to +4 now and I have L!Ikes to fodder freely but they were never what I was summoning for.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but Edelgard has a lot of hype going on with her with 3 houses being voted game of the year by people, Byleth in Smash and the Chose your legends voting, and is still 3 spots below L!Azura over one year after her release. People still wants her, and I don't think I have to remind anyone how much of a bitch those Legendary banners are. and no matter how many orbs you save there's never a guarantee of getting what you want. I've been trying to get units like Hobo Tiki and Flying Robin and still have eaxactly zero of them, you know what I have a bunch of by never even trying to get? Fucking Fjorm and Legendary Ike. After spending 200+ of orbs and getting only this I was so angry.

XOscnEr.png

Seriously, my Fjorm can easily get to +4 now and I have L!Ikes to fodder freely but they were never what I was summoning for.
Ike is a good character tho so it is fine
Some people wanting her doesnt change the fact she is redundant and basically worse that any other pick in the top 10 except Edelgard

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How is Peony mediocre? I honestly find her better than Azura, ngl. Prayer Wheel makes Azura the better dedicated buffbot than Peony, but there's other ways to get buff so it's not a huge factor for me. Azura's +1 movement on her dance target feels comparable to Peony's global omni-orders, and can often emulate a lot of the same plays. And Gentle Dream being able to give +3 visible buffs across the entire map is actually very clutch for cleanup; that's a play Peony can do that Azura just can't. Also, Flowers of Joy is great.

Like, Azura's fine, but I find the fact Peony is more oriented towards buffing the entire team rather than just the dance target honestly makes me prefer Peony in almost all cases. Just use tactics and/or links for the other buffs.
Omni Orders are indeed comparable, but it doesn't help if you're charging forward, to where you have no other units.

Peony is more defensive in that sense, while Azura is more offensive. And given the game's hardest content pretty much enforcing very offensive strategies - with all the constant reinforcements, I just find Azura to be the most well suited unit.

Also, given how the whole game still falls on its knees when a gen 1 mage with a bladetome appears, fully buffing one unit is still a very consistent strategy

I actually forgot about Gentle dream cardinal +3 buff. Thats a good effect actually, I was thinking it was just orders effect, which was part of the reason to call her mediocre.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017

There's also the fact that Peony's assist skill buffs, while Azura's tome does the buffing. So you have the option to substitute Peony's tome for Blarblade, Blarraven, Silver Goblet or even Spooky Censor and still be a great support unit. Whereas with Azura, you can't replace Gray Waves with something better if your team doesn't take advantage of the movement buff.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
She was one of the winners last year, and even if you didnt pick her she was in a banner at the same time so people that really wanted her could pull for her
And no, the next best option is LLeif, Winter Sothis or any duo unit.

I've thrown orbs at every banner Azura has been on and never got her.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've thrown orbs at every banner Azura has been on and never got her.

That's fair, then, you basically deserve a copy at this point. I thought about it afterwards and cooled on my criticism when I remembered how the "Find and Vote" debacle went. I had forgotten it was totally random and only 25% of people who wanted L!Azura axtually got her. If she was a guaranteed option that people just passed on, I would be less sympathetic. But, as-is, this makes sense.

This is all theoretical anyway since she would have to win the Gauntlet. If we end up getting her, I'll probably just build an Est for Arena or something.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got a +10 Peony and still run +0 Azura instead if I can. If I didn't have an Azura I'd vote her. Still one of the best units to get a single copy of.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Having a really terrible streak of bad luck in this game as of late.

Didn't get a single focus unit from the TMS banner, and got up to 5.0% rate before getting broken with Shiro and Echidna on two separate summoning rounds.
Got a +hp/-atk NY Anna on the free seasonal pulls, and nothing but 3* trash on all the new banners so far.
Also wanted a F.Byleth on the leg banner, and got up to 12% before getting a +hp/-atk L.Eliwood (this game loves pity breaking me +HP/-Atk 5 star units)

Worst of all, I got an app purchase error buying two separate 10-orb packs (the app showed that I bought 0 orbs). Of course I still got charged for the purchase even though I didn't receive the orbs. The lesson here is to always screen cap whenever something unusual happens. I always trusted that the complete purchase option would resolve it, but this time, it didn't reconcile.

After about a week of going back and forth with FE tech support and the Apple refunds people, I don't think I'll get those orbs, or my money back. Though I'm glad it wasn't a $30+ loss, it discourages me into playing the game and buying more stuff on it. I could've bought the subscription pass with that money.

Hopefully, this will be the push I need to finally get off this game.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Still think L!Azura is one of the last "must roll" characters released in the game.... don't think it's silly she's in the top 8.... not one bit.... doesn't really matter how old she is now.... if FGO did something similar Merlin would still be on it over most of the servants release after him....

Altina would be the only one after her... if you do AR.... everyone else just does what people did before but with a few more stats.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Still think L!Azura is one of the last "must roll" characters released in the game.... don't think it's silly she's in the top 8.... not one bit.... doesn't really matter how old she is now.... if FGO did something similar Merlin would still be on it over most of the servants release after him....

Altina would be the only one after her... if you do AR.... everyone else just does what people did before but with a few more stats.
Peony exists, she isnt a must roll.
I know some people like the character so they have preferences for her, but really the difference between and peony are negligible. There are certainly more than 8 units that should be given priority to be distributed. All the Duo units, the mythic units, Leif and Alm, all of this should be enough to push her under top 8.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Yeah, I switched to Leif since I feel boosting the 3 immediately below Edelgard is the best action now. I'm treating the VG as an RNGfest, so want to have the best top 8. Having NY!Alfonse instead of Edelgard seems good, which means Alm, Leif, and AlfShar all need to move up a slot.

Edit: in the VG proper, I'll rally behind Altina. I just think her spot in top 8 is safe.

Last edited:

Oceanwind

Oct 27, 2017
I'm voting for Alm twice and Leif twice with my remaining votes. I've seen plenty of people rallying NY!Alfonse, so hopefully that will be enough to get Edelgard out of the top 8. I'll be seriously disappointed if she ends up winning.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'm voting for Alm twice and Leif twice with my remaining votes. I've seen plenty of people rallying NY!Alfonse, so hopefully that will be enough to get Edelgard out of the top 8. I'll be seriously disappointed if she ends up winning.
She definitely won't drop out. She's gonna get meme'd right into the voting gauntlet, and possibly the winner's circle, because people are extremely dumb.

Oceanwind

Oct 27, 2017
She definitely won't drop out. She's gonna get meme'd right into the voting gauntlet, and possibly the winner's circle, because people are extremely dumb.
Well, I hope Altina or someone else who's good ends up winning the Voting Gauntlet. I really don't need another Edelgard...

Edit: Maybe I should just vote for Leif, and let Alm drop out of the top 8? I think Alfonse will probably make it.

Last edited:

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Supported Panne, she lost.

Jumped to Keaton, he lost.

Went with Selkie, she...won?

Maybe this is where my VG luck turns around!

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Supported Panne, she lost.

Jumped to Keaton, he lost.

Went with Selkie, she...won?

Maybe this is where my VG luck turns around!
Supporting the left side of characters when all the good characters are in the right side...
Seriously, the fates/awakening beasts are so disappointing coming from the Tellius Laguz, it is sad that Selkie is more popular than well done characters like Tibarn and Naesala.
Nintendo really needs to rerelease the Tellius games so it can be fixed

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Peony exists, she isnt a must roll.
I know some people like the character so they have preferences for her, but really the difference between and peony are negligible. There are certainly more than 8 units that should be given priority to be distributed. All the Duo units, the mythic units, Leif and Alm, all of this should be enough to push her under top 8.

It has zero to do with the character, Peony has some aspects she's better in but Azura is superior in more situations to Peony, and is also better in AI hands.

Literally no one has called Peony a cancer unit.

Not that any of this matters since if this community is going to do the right thing we'll get an Astra Mythic.

Anima/Dark doesn't matter anywhere near as much as Astra.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It has zero to do with the character, Peony has some aspects she's better in but Azura is superior in more situations to Peony, and is also better in AI hands.

Literally no one has called Peony a cancer unit.

Not that any of this matters since if this community is going to do the right thing we'll get an Astra Mythic.

Anima/Dark doesn't matter anywhere near as much as Astra.
The only thing azura is better is giving infantry and fliers one extra movement, for the rest peony is superior, she doesnt need a seal to buff people, she has better stats so she isnt as useless in battle as azura, her field buffs are very useful in AR and she is the better character being better in AI hands should count as a negative not a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.