• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Writing is on par.

Chapter 1-1: Sharena: 'Look at the size of that army!' *3 enemy units appear*

Chapter 1-5: Eir: 'I surrender, let me move around freely!' Can someone remind Anna and the 'we have no idea how to fight a war, run an army or secure high value prisoners' brigade that they were *literally* just betrayed by someone claiming to be the princess of a kingdom they only just met. Giving an enemy commander freedom of movement to look around your camp when a) they use knives and b) they turned up with an invading army and c) have a flying horse on call seems a bit... comically irresponsible? In the main games you often have veteran officers offering advice, in this one Anna is as clueless as the royals.

Chapter 2-5: Yes Alf, having been lectured on not placing your royalty in harm's way, perhaps you could ask Commander Anna why, in a force full of stealthy rogues, ninjas, archers and Pegasus knights, the best person to scout for an enemy army was our nation's own princess in gold armour, a white cloak and not renowned for stealth. Ah, the 'central characters must do everything of note personally' paradox. Gustav has a point.

Not overly keen on the gradual recasting of Sharena as 'perky, non-serious background girl' and the Fonz as 'epic hero in the making, clashing swords with kings' either. Did it also really need another scenery-chewing, evil-for-the-sake-of-it antagonist? Normal for FE I suppose.

On the bright side I like Gustav, he seems cool. Nice axe too.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
PSA: DO NOT MERGE OR FODDER OFF YOU FREE EIR!

Ahem, sorry for capslock. You can bet your arse that the neutral one finds use in Pheonixmasters LHB / Relay Defense clears! I learned it the hard way with Fjorm and LIke.

----

Man, Gustav raises my hope for Old Man Hector, we need more heroes with epic beards.

So ... thanks for the free Aether Stones IS, i now have not only a 5 unit offense team but a 5 unit defense team, and still nearly 300 Stones, the play daily rewards from this week included.

Pulls ... i don't want to brag, but good grief i got 3 Eirs with my ~70 saved free orbs. One is -HP / +Spd, one is -HP / +Atk and one is -HP / +Res. Like ... i'm not really that lucky usually, i fear for the bad shit that karma throws at me for this luck now.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I turned down pulling two neutral stones the free one, then went back and did the full pull off the free first stone ticket. Boooo junk. I bet those earlier neutrals were Eirs but I can't prove it. We know though, right? I have given up on Dragalia and almost gave up on FEH after failing to get Surtr when everyone else has two dozen of them but I'm still playing a bit. I'm deep into epic seven for gacha disappointments.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
People will because they're dumb, and then they'll complain.

Can't blame them, i was dumb with Fjorm and LIke and the neutral Olivia from those hero rotation thing ... and i did complain. ^^

Just having these neutral heroes makes following these clears easier, because different stats by IVs or merges can break the expected behaviour from enemies. Don't let me tell you what i did to my 5* +1 Olivia in order to bring her down ... Brave Sword, Fortress Def and crap like this.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Got a +SPD/-HP Lewyn with my free pull! :D

Now I can fodder off my old one for Special Spiral. I'll probably give it to Bara Ike, but I'm going to wait and see who's on the full Radiant Dawn banner first.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
The Book 3 icon is even less eye-catching than the book 2 one - they should have used a crop of Eir's face here with Hel's hands.

tumblr_pjjnwiUvv61s53jl7o1_1280.jpg

I wasn't bothering with aether raids anyway so this channel update might as well be fluff.

I'm just looking at the designs of the book 3 characters and, what year is this? Did Tetsuya Nomura design some of these? lol

Not quite sure about Nomura specifically, but Lif and Thracia are definitely irretrievably embedded in trashily edgy.

I really like Hel, however, and while Eir isn't the most exciting (and it feels like Tony Taka should be supervising a figurine of her); I think her design is solid enough too.
8 Surtrs. These were with all f2p orbs but I'm disgusted that I spent so much on this hot garbage of a unit.

Also my god, this update. Those edgelord designs, this stereotypical father issue jazz, what is that book 3 theme song

I've been exposed to the reviled Sonic theme songs for the first time through Smash's Spirit modes, and even they can't hope to compare with whatever this is.

FE Heroes needs its Hooters collaboration now. It would actually make more sense for it as a series...

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fair thee well aether raids, it was nice having a mode where you didn't need to excessively whale to be high ranked but soon that will be for the whaliest of whales.
qCQp6Sz_d.webp

PSA: DO NOT MERGE OR FODDER OFF YOU FREE EIR!

Ahem, sorry for capslock. You can bet your arse that the neutral one finds use in Pheonixmasters LHB / Relay Defense clears! I learned it the hard way with Fjorm and LIke

I will if I pull another but I fear no lhb.
o8f5y5uovj321.png

Source: Https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/a522ps/death_cant_beat_a_man_on_a_horse/

(Yes, I was just looking for any excuse to post this person's artwork)

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno what's the thing with the art design, if anything, the new chars from Hel look like SMT protagonists. First thing i tought when seeing Hel was "Oh look, Demi-Fiends mom" ... that teal glow, the black lines in the face.

But didn't i tell you that Thrasier and Veronica have something in common? Ok ok, i was wrong about her being an alt for her, but i think Thrasier being her grand-grand-grand-grand-grandma counts ... a little bit. ^^

Fair thee well aether raids, it was nice having a mode where you didn't need to excessively whale to be high ranked but soon that will be for the whaliest of whales.

I will if I pull another but I fear no lhb.

Just slap the mythical blessing on one of your +10 units, at least the BST doesn't matter in AR, so using a +10 vanilla Olivia with the blessing is actually viable, unlike Arena. ^^

I was just like you, i didn't fear the abyssal because the power of Lynhardt was with me. But the last abyssal LHBs made me fear, only cleared Hrid with Lynhardt / 2 dancers, the rest i had to use different teams.

Also, coming to FE 3 Houses: World of Magic, where it is everything.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
On another thought, any guesses on which chapter of book 3 Gustav is going to die in? Being a fire emblem lord parent is always a death sentence, after all.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno what's the thing with the art design, if anything, the new chars from Hel look like SMT protagonists. First thing i tought when seeing Hel was "Oh look, Demi-Fiends mom" ... that teal glow, the black lines in the face.

Hel is definitely a SMT-adjacent design, especially with the skeleton elements as a connection to the Fiends - the clean, neon colour blocking and black leather is reminiscent of PS1/2 Kaneko.

1832428-353px_dis.jpg

latest

Mega Alphonse and Veronica are bottom of the barrel TMS #FE, however.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I've completely missed Nailah in the channel. IS dropping two Laguz royals at the same time is sure something.

Hel is definitely a SMT-adjacent design, especially with the skeleton elements as a connection to the Fiends - the clean, neon colour blocking and black leather is reminiscent of PS1/2 Kaneko.

Mega Alphonse and Veronica are bottom of the barrel TMS #FE, however.

Are the designs of Omega Alphonse or Omega Veronica that much different to Hel? Outside of the masks, which are cringy yes, they seem to fit the same overall design, glowing colors, visible bones, much black.

Do the tickets only work on the current banner? Will they work in the Tibarn one?

Only for the current one, so we get new ones for Tibarns banner. Aka, it's a daily free pull if IS distributes them like they do right now via login bonus. But the channel showed that these tickets are going to be rewards for upcoming Forging Bonds.

Last edited:

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Are the designs of Omega Alphonse or Omega Veronica that much different to Hel? Outside of the masks, which are cringy yes, they seem to fit the same overall design, glowing colors, visible bones, much black.

For me, it's because their designs are tailored to make the glowing transparent skin look like a brightly coloured superhero bodysuit - you mentioned the masks as well, but they don't help at all when combined, and it's only furthered by them still having regular skin on their faces.

The actual costumes might still be black, but that's where the similarity ends - Thrasir wears bits of leather that accentuate the bodysuit appearance with a standard boobplate, while Lif dials up the edgy by combining the mask with a skeleton belt and cape.

Finally, Hel's mask and hair is reminiscent of Kaneko's high fashion influences and give an imposing and intriguing look to her facial features that complements her overall silhouette nicely, while Lif and Thrasir are Alphonse and Veronica with longer and more unkempt hair - a much more pedestrian version of edgy than obscuring the more human features.

In short, while they employ similar elements, with Hel they're used to create a much more elegant, striking and streamlined design; while Lif and Thrasir are more messy with their influences, resulting in a more cluttered and less unique and interesting end product.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
For me, it's because their designs are tailored to make the glowing transparent skin look like a brightly coloured superhero bodysuit - you mentioned the masks as well, but they don't help at all when combined, and it's only furthered by them still having regular skin on their faces.

The actual costumes might still be black, but that's where the similarity ends - Thrasir wears bits of leather that accentuate the bodysuit appearance with a standard boobplate, while Lif dials up the edgy by combining the mask with a skeleton belt and cape.

Finally, Hel's mask and hair is reminiscent of Kaneko's high fashion influences and give an imposing and intriguing look to her facial features that complements her overall silhouette nicely, while Lif and Thrasir are Alphonse and Veronica with longer and more unkempt hair - a much more pedestrian version of edgy than obscuring the more human features.

In short, while they employ similar elements, with Hel they're used to create a much more elegant, striking and streamlined design; while Lif and Thrasir are more messy with their influences, resulting in a more cluttered and less unique and interesting end product.

Well, there's a reason i'm a code grunt and not a designer. ^^

Only explanation i have is that Lif and Thrasir wear "hel-ified" version of the Askr and Embla armor designs, which might be what leads to this clash. Hel and Eir don't need to fit in another design, so the designer had free hands for them.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
NAILAH!
Oh god.
Oh god.

Sorry for caps.
Not really sorry.

But didn't i tell you that Thrasier and Veronica have something in common? Ok ok, i was wrong about her being an alt for her, but i think Thrasier being her grand-grand-grand-grand-grandma counts ... a little bit. ^^
Veronica's new alt is Eir. )
But at least she's not a loli and I also kinda like her design.
Wanna Hel as a unit though.

Samstrike

Oct 27, 2017
Did a full summon session and got a +Spd/-Def Ophelia. Yeah! I will also try for Lewyn but I will wait for all those summon tickets.

I'm also not a big fan of those new blessings. It only help whales. At least I'm happy about beasts units soon!

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im honestly finding myself increasingly annoyed with how IS is treating the female OCs, and the minimal story makes it feel even more skeevy. Alfonse has already had way more attention than sharena, and now they are killing her off to give him more attention. I dont expect her to stay dead, what with being a main character unit you get that will often have associated challenges and this story being about helheim as it is, but this at least wouldve been a chance to let sharena shine and put alfonse away for a bit.

Sharena is garbage and Anna is aggressively mediocre

He's the only OC worth a damn, and they know it

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Sniping greens:

session 1: free 3* Beruka, pulled a 4* Beruka
Sesson 2: summon ticket Titania, 4* barst
Sesson 3: lewyn omgomgomgomg -hp/+res

Back to saving orbs. <3

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh i'm up to 900 of this ... Aether Dew (?) stuff, now the question is, get the remaining 100 and upgrade the castle, or spend 300 to upgrade the Aether storage?

Veronica's new alt is Eir. )
But at least she's not a loli and I also kinda like her design.
Wanna Hel as a unit though.

You know how this goes. Gotta wait a year until the Askr people killed her in the story. ;]

Oct 25, 2017

My entire point was this was an opportunity to give her the spotlight instead of her for once instead of fridging her.

One of the first scenes in book 3 is Sharena's mom telling her make sure to be quiet so the men can talk...

Last edited:

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
The FEH channel actually exceeded my expectations for a 10 minute one, though I'm still hoping for more changes down the line.

The new season thing is a little lame, but not quite as bad as it looks at first blush, at least for now while we have fairly limited Mythic heroes. I'm not looking forward to the defense focused blessings though.

Spent a few orbs on the hero fest with my free pulls, got an Ophelia and Owain so I'll probably quit while I'm ahead.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Used my Light Blessing already without realising the boost only happens in AR and not everywhere like the other blessings :/.

Would be cool if that was better explained in the wall of text.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well ... Eir completely neuters Veronica and other offensive healers. Solid res and that anti Wrathful Staff skill leaves her with little to no damage, unless the healer runs Pain+. And in most cases, they're toast on the next player phase when she attacks.

Good thing the skill is inheritable, a Raventome + TA3 + Mystic Boost mage just needs workable Res and Def and shuts down 3 AR plagues in one go.

I think i'll rebuild Rhajat into such a mage. Workable and even defensive stats, most other green mages either suck at Def or Res.

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting more kills in AR defense because people keep sacrificing a unit or two to crack my team. I guess people ran out of fucks to give.

Alfonse was the bench boy for the longest time until around book 2. That's when the writers started to focus way more on him, right?

It's the right decision because his personality is the only one that's interesting. Sharena and Anna's personalities are both incredibly one-note.

Though to be fair, they could both be fleshed out to become more than one-note characters.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, we're getting summon tickets instead of a Hero Fest orbs login bonus...

Kinda conflicted, as the tickets are technically a better value. We just lose out on the flexibility of choosing to save orbs. I suspect, with the lower revenue, IS felt they were giving too many free orbs or that people were hoarding too much. Makes sense from a business standpoint. The game might be shifting toward a more constant pulling and less saving economy.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, we're getting summon tickets instead of a Hero Fest orbs login bonus...

Kinda conflicted, as the tickets are technically a better value. We just lose out on the flexibility of choosing to save orbs. I suspect, with the lower revenue, IS felt they were giving too many free orbs or that people were hoarding too much. Makes sense from a business standpoint. The game might be shifting toward a more constant pulling and less saving economy.

I think they're not doing a Hero Fest orb login bonus because we're having an update orb login bonus running at the same time.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
My entire point was this was an opportunity to give her the spotlight instead of her for once instead of fridging her.

One of the first scenes in book 3 is Sharena's mom telling her make sure to be quiet so the men can talk...

I actually liked that. It's about time somebody told Sharena to shut up. Sharena has been useless for 2 books already.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Are you fucking serious? I just wanted a Lewyn with good IVs to merge and I get two off-focus whale poops instead. Two perfect IVs alolan whale garbage dumps (+Atk and +Def, -Spd, bear in mind I don't care for arena scoring). What even are the mathematical probabilities of this? Why couldn't this have been Brave Ephraim??? I wish my Lector had those IVs, but of course it's for a unit I hate.

At least I got a pretty rad Ophelia and some reposition and despacito fodder. I'll try for Lewyn with the tickets but I shouldn't be wasting any more orbs when LMarth is so close.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love it too, the closest thing we got recently was the aged up parts of FFXV with Noctis. I'm just sick of baby faced guys leading JRPGs. Give us some gruff dudes.

And yet, even roughed up with the beard, he still looked like baby face.

It's a bit sad that in 3 Houses, when there's actually more than one "real" lord char, both of the male ones look like the typical anime model guys. Could've roughed up Dimitri a bit.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
And yet, even roughed up with the beard, he still looked like baby face.

It's a bit sad that in 3 Houses, when there's actually more than one "real" lord char, both of the male ones look like the typical anime model guys. Could've roughed up Dimitri a bit.

It seems like those characters are all your students, so they need to be kids for the way the plot is structured. Though general consensus does seem to be that nobody likes Dmitri regardless...

Maybe you could customise Byleth to look older, though? I missed the three body templates for Robin when Corrin gave a much narrower range of ages, maybe 3H won't have scenario constraining them in that way.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
I just witnessed my L'Ephraim (you know, that guy that dies even to the likes of Owain and Raigh) surviving Veronica's blow and Rein's buffed attack.
Only to realize that both Veronica and Rein were under Panic Ploy effect.

You know how this goes. Gotta wait a year until the Askr people killed her in the story. ;]
Yeah, I know we'll have her at some point. )

Yep. And somewhere in the 2nd chapter she gets silenced by her father.
I don't think it's random, actually. I have a feeling that it's going to lead to Sharena running away or making some kind of heroic sacrifice. Or it might've been done to create an image of a nice lively girl who's been wronged by her family so that her death (or whatever that was in the opening video to the chapter) would have bigger emotional impact in the future.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Did you guys end up refining any of the new weapons? The Whitewings sound pretty damn goood but situational, Navarre and Ogma... I dont need anymore red swords.

Now the Robins? Raven+Spectrum tactics? Consider me interested

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Did you guys end up refining any of the new weapons? The Whitewings sound pretty damn goood but situational, Navarre and Ogma... I dont need anymore red swords.

Now the Robins? Raven+Spectrum tactics? Consider me interested

Ogma's prf weapon on its own is probably the best and his refine makes it more so, especially as it's for both phases. Give him an A skill to suit your playstyle and go. He has pretty decent everything bar Res and easy to get.

Whitewings could be cool but definitely need the refine. The Robins both suck statline wise even if they're easy merges, and Navarre's just straight up outclassed by others.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I posted here about the Book 3 channel, but I LOVED it.

LOVE the tone, characters, art, and additions they're making to the game. It's never been a better time to love Fire Emblem ^^

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I guess to detail what Ogma and Navarre got.

Scarlet Sword

Effect Refine - At start of turn 1, grants special cooldown charge -2.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/weapon-skills/scarlet-sword

Gladiator's Blade

The weapon itself has Heavy Blade built in rather than being a Brave weapon.

Effect Refine - Granted ATK/SPD +4 during combat when within 2 spaces of a flying or infantry unit.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/weapon-skills/gladiators-blade

I like Ogma's effect, so thematic.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Whitewing refines are straight broken if you can meet the conditions.

99% sure I'm making Est my first Light blessed hero.

Eir / Est / Camilla will be my the core of this team... probably add F!Robin with her new refine to support and handle meta threats... and leave the last slot for a bonus unit.

Don't make us play forging bonds for summoning tickets, ugh.

It's a mode you can auto battle whenever you have 99 stamina and finish it... what else are you spending stamina on?

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
Got 3 copies of Eir and 1 copy of everyone else in ~150 orbs, with the Lewyn being +Spd/-HP, so I'm feeling like that was pretty solid.

Do y'all think Jill will release with the Radiant Dawn banner, or will it only be beast units?

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Got 3 copies of Eir and 1 copy of everyone else in ~150 orbs, with the Lewyn being +Spd/-HP, so I'm feeling like that was pretty solid.

Do y'all think Jill will release with the Radiant Dawn banner, or will it only be beast units?
Assuming it is four units I would guess at least three beasts, one for each color.

It could be themed around Laguz leaders with Tibarn and Nailah already in, so it could be a full puppy party.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Whitewing refines are straight broken if you can meet the conditions.

99% sure I'm making Est my first Light blessed hero.

Eir / Est / Camilla will be my the core of this team... probably add F!Robin with her new refine to support and handle meta threats... and leave the last slot for a bonus unit.

It's a mode you can auto battle whenever you have 99 stamina and finish it... what else are you spending stamina on?

Tactics skills like the Robins' refines only work with 1 or 2 units of the same movement type, so your fliers wouldn't get the bonus. Aversa might be a good shout though with her prf doing something similar (-4 on enemies instead of +4 on player units) but map wide, and providing extra flier buffs if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.