• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
(we don't get trailers at weekends do we?)

Was asking this myself, heh. ^^

If anything, it's teasers tomorrow and sunday/monday the trailer. Don't know how they could schedule a notification release for the silhouette teaser, but i think you can schedule a video going public on YT.

Then again, most of the times, there's some twitter posts about the trailers ... so maybe it's really tomorrow teasers and monday trailer.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
this first pull ticket is amazing. i got both llewyn and ophelia from them so far.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer should be Sunday (we've gotten quite a few Sunday trailers for Tuesday banners, so the precedent is there). Personally I'm hoping for something skippable, it's time to save orbs for January.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
AR is making me salty, or maybe it's the replay option.

Defense team to counter cavalry, lose to non cavalry. Change defense team, lose to cavalry.

It doesn't help watching the AI mess around while your opponent dances around out of range.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I want Christmas Nino. Do this for me IS, and I'll become a whale. There better not be Fates units again.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Last years christmas units were Awakening, so Fates this year could be likely. Adrift is still not too far behind, so maybe they do a mixed game banner, like they did for the other special banners throughout the year.

AR is making me salty, or maybe it's the replay option.

Defense team to counter cavalry, lose to non cavalry. Change defense team, lose to cavalry.

It doesn't help watching the AI mess around while your opponent dances around out of range.

Don't do teams to counter something. Make a team that's either full of surprises or a stall team that goes together with your castle layout.

I tell you one thing, first turn AoE special ready Ophelia catches people off guard. ^^

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Ran into an interesting defense. Had H.jakob and Kitty Sakura locked away in separate boxes, with Siegbert and Hector holding down a corridor, supported by Airzura with tactics skills.

Never seen anyone field Kitty Sakura ever, much less in a WoM/Lunge trap.

I walked right into it and lost horribly because I was too caught up trying to duel his Jakob with mine. Didn't have anyone who could crack Hector either. Totally my mistake.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ok ... i thought once you had a successful defense or a loss, you're not getting Lift reduced for other defense losses afterwards for 20 hours?

I just had a successful defense an hour ago, now a loss and got the -80 Lift. My only loss yesterday was in the morning and that's more than 20 hours ago and i didn't have a new def match until the victory about 1 hour ago. So i shouldn't have lost any Lift from the def loss.

The heck, IS?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The condition they set is you can only lose lift once per twenty hours, a successful defense doesn't cause you to lose lift and so doesn't trigger that condition.

It's a little annoying that optimal (realistic) goal is closer to wanting to get a -20 lift loss rather than an out and out win as a result.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
The condition they set is you can only lose lift once per twenty hours, a successful defense doesn't cause you to lose lift and so doesn't trigger that condition.

It's a little annoying that optimal (realistic) goal is closer to wanting to get a -20 lift loss rather than an out and out win as a result.

How is -20 possible?

But if that is the case, and it's only applying if you lost Lift, then it's again a freaking bad/wrong translation in the german client. It says "Wirst du einmal angegriffen..." which translates to "If you're getting attacked once..." without mentioning that you have to lose. That's why i thought that a successful def also triggers that 20 hours block time for any Lift loss on lost defense matches afterwards.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How is -20 possible?

But if that is the case, and it's only applying if you lost Lift, then it's again a freaking bad/wrong translation in the german client. It says "Wirst du einmal angegriffen..." which translates to "If you're getting attacked once..." without mentioning that you have to lose. That's why i thought that a successful def also triggers that 20 hours block time for any Lift loss on lost defense matches afterwards.

You lose less lift if your team kills enemy units but still loses the overall battle.

I think it goes down by twenty per kill your team gets. I've only ever had losses (-80lift) , single kills (-60lift) or outright wins though. I'm just assuming three kills by your team will give you -20 lift and then make it so you can't lose any for another twenty hours.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You lose less lift if your team kills enemy units but still loses the overall battle.

I think it goes down by twenty per kill your team gets. I've only ever had losses (-80lift) , single kills (-60lift) or outright wins though. I'm just assuming three kills by your team will give you -20 lift and then make it so you can't lose any for another twenty hours.

Ok then something is definitely buggy. My team got two of the enemies (5 attackers) down in the loss, yet i still rocked that full 80 Lift loss. And i also never saw anything else but -80 Lift, wether the enemy won with all units or if my team was able to defeat some before losing.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Can FRobin take the big hitters like a boosted and merged Rein? I've found out the hard way that Inigo can't do it despite Gronnraven + TA3 because his stats suck too much.

My Cecilia only has 31 res (4starplus10), F!Robin has 22.

Light blessing makes it 27

Res tactic seal bumps it up to 33.

Should be more than fine. F!Robin has decent defense too so she can take a hit when needed from some units.

My plan is to use Spring Camilla as my Gronnraven + TA3 user in my light blessing core team, she only has 19 res, 24 with light blessing... i have a lot of Shigure manuals for Ward Fliers....

Eir / Est / Spring Camilla / YT!Olivia / Bonus Unit is my plan for next light season.

I'll just run my regular cav focused team (L!Ephraim, L!Eirika, Cecilia, PA!Azura) next season during Astra week.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ok then something is definitely buggy. My team got two of the enemies (5 attackers) down in the loss, yet i still rocked that full 80 Lift loss. And i also never saw anything else but -80 Lift, wether the enemy won with all units or if my team was able to defeat some before losing.

This image shows what it should look like when you have a partially successful defense.

Screenshot_20181129-061903_Fire_Emblem_Heroes.jpg

Not my picture but the defense against...uh ... Futa cok... had three enemies killed which made them lose only twenty lift.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, never got that, no matter how many units my def team killed while still losing in the end, it's either -80 for a loss or -0 for a win or other losses after a -80 one.

Well isn't that great, shame i can't see the full list of def matches since entering tier 11 anymore, i wonder how much Lift i lost more than i should've.

Maybe i'll file some bug report ...

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I think someone rage quit AR defense. Worst part is I couldn't get to the second pot without killing Lachesis.

8Huv0UY.jpg

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
This image shows what it should look like when you have a partially successful defense.

Screenshot_20181129-061903_Fire_Emblem_Heroes.jpg

Not my picture but the defense against...uh ... Futa cok... had three enemies killed which made them lose only twenty lift.
Can confirm. I'm getting reduced lift penalties for defense failures that took a few people with me.

Now that I look at my list of AR defenses again, I haven't gotten a full success in a while. I think it's because I'm trying to be more creative by shying away from the usual full asshole comps.

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
Love the first summon tickets ~

Yesterday I got free Ares and Rein merges from the refine banners, then Shiro and Ophelia from Hero Fest for a ticket and 4 orbs, then today I got Eir and another Ophelia, again for just a ticket and 4 orbs.

That's four 5* units for just 8 orbs.

Not sure what to make of Shiro. I feel he's entirely outclassed by Nephenee. He has more attack and slightly more bulk than her, but lacks speed and thus will get doubled more and won't double as often. Bright Naginata seems lackluster vs. Nephenee's Dauntless Lance, with the latter offering better defensive stats while also providing special acceleration and effective damage against armored foes. Since I already have Nephenee, I don't feel I have much use for Shiro outside of his fodder (Def Tactic). I'll keep him around as a filler unit for Arena Assault for now.

I'm tempted to fodder an Ophelia for Rally Up Atk+ to build a Spectrum Tactic Titania and start a second mixed fire team with Titania (Spectrum Tactic, Chill Atk), Legendary Marth (Exalted Falchion, Flashing Blade, Res Fire Blessing), Bridal Ninian (Blárblade, Fury, Desperation, Guidance), and Helbindi (Hack-o'-Lantern, Warding Breath, Quick Riposte). Marth gets +12 to all his stats, Ninian turns into a flying magical nuke while still offering incredible support through Dance and Guidance, and Helbindi becomes an excellent mixed tank with a clean 45 Def/Res during enemy phase. It would require a lot of premium fodder (my last H!Dorcas, my last L!Ike manual, my only Ylgr manual) and a bunch of resources I don't currently have (mostly sacred coins and a whole bunch of feathers), so I'll probably hold off on it for now.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, a brand new Lewyn!!... -Atk +HP. How nostalgic, just like my first one! It's also my fourth +HP Lewyn, which means all of the Lewyns I've pulled so far are +HP! What a healthy boy, this lad. It's not the merge I'm looking for but at least someone gets to feast on Special Spiral.

I'm wondering who should get it. Ophelia already has it, so Lilina should be the next logical step and I have a +Atk -Spd one ready to go. Though I've been wondering if maybe I should wait for LMarth and give it to him instead if I end up getting one? Faia Emburemu proccing every single round of combat sounds like something to consider.But maybe that's unnecessary since it's a 2 charge special? I dunno, I'm open to suggestions.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
That feeling when you're on the fifth arena battle and you face a +10 Sothe with that dagger that's effective against dragons. And a dancer that somehow doesn't have G Duel.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man Christmas Fae! My favorite unit, too bad I went all in on Surtr.

Also... why? They had every tome variant imagineable, but my distant counter Surtr just absolutely destroyed them. Still again can't get to the pots because there's no where to move without them suiciding.

2tIy2Vb.jpg

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I bet that will be yet another y.tiki alt just because screw us.

Oh man Christmas Fae! My favorite unit, too bad I went all in on Surtr.

Also... why? They had every tome variant imagineable, but my distant counter Surtr just absolutely destroyed them. Still again can't get to the pots because there's no where to move without them suiciding.

2tIy2Vb.jpg
I guess someone really likes Ursula lol.

I ran into an armored team again today. The anti armor team inspired by your base worked well against it.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I ran into an armored team again today. The anti armor team inspired by your base worked well against it.

My defense team hasn't been doing so hot this season, I've had far less attempts but also a much worse success rate. I've seen a lot of Cecilia's which I think people are starting to bring in regularly due to the BLyns and Veronicas.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
My defense team hasn't been doing so hot this season, I've had far less attempts but also a much worse success rate. I've seen a lot of Cecilia's which I think people are starting to bring in regularly due to the BLyns and Veronicas.
Cecilia's definitely becoming a mainstay of AR because she's so accessible. I have a team or two with her in it, and I'm starting to see more defense bases with Cav schools to try to counter it, too.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Christmas Fae is such a garbage choice, even if you're pandering to little girl dragon fans
I think it is a great choice if they make it not be creepy, fae is my favorite of the manaketes. A garbage choice would be Nowi
Seriouly just make fae be a little helper and it will be good

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Christmas Fae is such a garbage choice, even if you're pandering to little girl dragon fans

Now people dislike the chicken friend? she's not even from Fates or Awakening and christmas is the most fun when you are a child. I get that people hate alts and themed banners but she's not outrageous as Tharja wearing lingerie outside during winter.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
It's also an inevitable choice since, being a trainee, she's a perfect candidate for another 180 BST armor unit :)
I mean, does it really matter anymore which characters gets trainee status? They gave it to Surtr of all things, that line has been crossed, cut and burned. They could give it to Jagen if they wanted to, I'm pretty much treating 180bst as the new baseline for armors.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Now people dislike the chicken friend? she's not even from Fates or Awakening and christmas is the most fun when you are a child. I get that people hate alts and themed banners but she's not outrageous as Tharja wearing lingerie outside during winter.
Yep, fae has the best characterization of the manaketes. Well one more reason to hate nowi, she completely soured the young manakete archetype

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Aaaand, Christmas armors it is! 3-unit banner this time, with a fourth unit presumably in the Tempest Trials.

Sol

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, no Awakening/Fates in this banner is surprising.

On the other...it's another Ephraim/Eirika alt banner, which instantly sinks it.

Laughably easy skip.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Eirika Emblem is finally here. It truly is a Christmas Miracle. Not sure how I feel about her becoming the new meta cancer and likely tanking her chances at winning CYL3, but I take what I can get. Also Ephraim Emblem. That's cool I guess. Fae doesn't look that scary for being an armored dragon honestly.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Lol the first armored healer! It's all come first circle! The last movement/weapon combination is hear... if we weren't going to get beast units lol.

And darn! Was really hoping Eirika would be able to take CYL3 but now with her new alt, I'm not so sure now. Hope to get this one at least. Guess I might actually snipe colorless, and I'm barely doing the practice of sniping in general.

Also next TT hero is Cecilia's first alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.