• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, from numbers alone, they tend to sell extremely well (hence why they keep making them). And ahhh, you got me. It's not like I genuinely like Cecilia for her multifaceted personality and underrated utility in FE6 and dislike for being a generic, boring little girl dragon.
We know nothing about this cecilia alt except for her art, that is clearly fanservicey, how do you know she is a nice addition and the other 3 aren't? And I don't care if Fae was boring in FE6, she is much more likeable in FEH than the other dragons or even Cecilia. Plenty of characters were made more likeable in FEH, you even mentioned that you wanted Reinhardt to upset Alm, and Rein is the biggest case of this
And it would like to see those numbers

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
We know nothing about this cecilia alt except for her art, that is clearly fanservicey, how do you know she is a nice addition and the other 3 aren't? And I don't care if Fae was boring in FE6, she is much more likeable in FEH than the other dragons or even Cecilia. Plenty of characters were made more likeable in FEH, you even mentioned that you wanted Reinhardt to upset Alm, and Rein is the biggest case of this
I think he just wants Alm to lose due to his general dislike of Echoes, not due to Reinhardt being some amazing character in FEH or anything lol

Fae being more likeable than other dragons in FEH is so subjective, specially when the characterization in this game is so paper thin. They got a few voiced lines you hear a thousand times and some of them become memes, that's the extent of it. You probably got more attached to Fae because she is useful to you and has some cute lines and VA the same way I got attached to LTiki because she's a monster and has some cute lines and VA. That's all they are, none of them are particularly better characterized than the other, which is one of Heroes' biggest failings. Most of the "characterization" actually comes from the community through memes and fan art.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think he just wants Alm to lose due to his general dislike of Echoes, not due to Reinhardt being some amazing character in FEH or anything lol

Fae being more likeable than other dragons in FEH is so subjective, specially when the characterization in this game is so paper thin. They got a few voiced lines you hear a thousand times and some of them become memes, that's the extent of it. You probably got more attached to Fae because she is useful to you and has some cute lines and VA the same way I got attached to LTiki because she's a monster and has some cute lines and VA. That's all they are, none of them are particularly better characterized than the other, which is one of Heroes' biggest failings. Most of the "characterization" actually comes from the community through memes and fan art.
My most used unit is nowi and it didnt change my dislike for her
And of course Fae being more likeable is subjective. Just like thinking she is generic

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"We know next to Cecilia" outside of her design, her unit type and her weapon oh and the fact that it's Cecilia. It's not hard to see why Cecilia is refreshing when Ephraim and Eirika are coming off their 3rd damn alt and Fae, as we've established mostly sucks. It's fine if you have a soft spot for her, but even Nowi has more appeal than her, and Nowi blatantly dog whistles lolicons...

Use this site

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I for one am happy that the only one I'm interested in in the next banner is a Tempest Trials reward. So sick and tired of not getting decent IVs on the units I pull.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
The chicken is alright, but between her, Tiki, Myrrh, and Nowi she's definitely the least favored of the young dragons. I think it's because the others manage to be simultaneously cuter and cooler than Fae. Her character isn't especially endearing either. Not to mention being mediocre in her home game.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Has any of you guys ever sniped for a character with the sole purpose of using them as fodder, and when it finally comes to you the jerk decides to have optimal IVs to make the decision harder than expected?

What a silly situation.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Going hard in for that Eirika. An armoured healer makes my Ward Armor team just even more annoying. Also kept that free Taco close for this very moment. The harder she is to kill, aka be like Azama, the better she might do in the meta and more annoying she will be in AR. Though, i think i might give her Pain+ in addition to her staff, because i sure won't give her a fighter skill for Dazzling staff. Her default kit might work better in mixed teams.

Also, i kinda like this banner, no skimpy oufits, and i say this a someone who likes Tharja. Feels just right/better for a christmas themed banner. Fae can be an absolute monster to take down, i'm curious about her stats ... but cuddled up in a Ward Armor team she might just become the most defensive unit in the game. And looky there, she comes with her perfect fighter skill even, Vengeful Fighter. Slap DC on her an call it a day, field her next to Halloween Myrrh. And Aether for keeping that HP up.

Eph, i feel he is the weakest of this banner, not knowing the stats of course. Feel like a lone armor fighter is kinda ... missing the point. You' have to rely on Armor March or Armor Boots to get him in position fast enough, his kit needs to be alone, so Guidance doesn't work to well as he's standing next to the Guidance flier and thus he is missing both his weapon passive and his A-skill. The complete difference of Elfae and Healrika. Though he might work well enough with the latter if his Atk stat is high enough.

Because way more people bought and played Awakening, versus The Binding Blade which wasn't even released in the west

Can agree. I value my still wrapped japanese copy from Super Potato like a treasure. It's insane, Blazing Blade came to the west, yet this didn't ... wtf was Nintendo thinking. Idiots.

Has any of you guys ever sniped for a character with the sole purpose of using them as fodder, and when it finally comes to you the jerk decides to have optimal IVs to make the decision harder than expected?

What a silly situation.

Yes, i know that very well. Pulled for a single Lewyn on the Hero Fest banner for future Special Spiral access and look what that clown has. +Spd / -Def ... which of course performed better in the mass duel calc than my previous +Atk / -HP one.

And it happened sometime earlier this year with Hardin, wanted one for Bold Fighter, got one +Atk / -Spd compared to my +Res / -Def original one.

I don't think i'll pull for the fighter skills as fodder ever again. No need at least, since most of the new armors do come with one of the three most useful ones. Case in point Elfae and Santa Eph.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
"We know next to Cecilia" outside of her design, her unit type and her weapon oh and the fact that it's Cecilia. It's not hard to see why Cecilia is refreshing when Ephraim and Eirika are coming off their 3rd damn alt and Fae, as we've established mostly sucks. It's fine if you have a soft spot for her, but even Nowi has more appeal than her, and Nowi blatantly dog whistles lolicons...

Use this site
You alone established that
And no, Cecilia isnt refreshing when she is just used for fansevice, is Kagero refreshing too?
How on earth does Nowi have more appeal than Fae.
I would like to see an explanation that doesn't envolve awakening sales
The chicken is alright, but between her, Tiki, Myrrh, and Nowi she's definitely the least favored of the young dragons. I think it's because the others manage to be simultaneously cuter and cooler than Fae. Her character isn't especially endearing either. Not to mention being mediocre in her home game.
The only thing Nowi has over fae is being a better unit

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
About 100 orbs later with a pity rate of 11% on the hero fest banner, I FINALLY managed to pull a Lewyn AND an Ophelia - in the same circle no less! For once, perseverance paid off!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a free 100 Lift in AR ... played against a player that seemingly doesn't care for the mode anymore. Only had the two Aether buildings in front of my units and a single level 1 3* Sophia without weapon on the map.

Thanks for the Lift and sorry that you don't care for AR anymore, whoever you might be.

---

Winter Cecilia is fanservice? Did i miss something? I'd consider something like Bunnymilla, Ninjabbit and Summer Camilla fanservice, what's the problem with Cecilia?

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You alone established that
And no, Cecilia isnt refreshing when she is just used for fansevice, is Kagero refreshing too?

Lol

She's refreshing by virtue of not being an alt for a character we already have / not being an obnoxious overpowered dragon armor unit. How are you not get this?

How on earth does Nowi have more appeal than Fae.

She has a funner personality. I'm not particularly enthused by her either, but at least she can properly pronounce words.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
not being an obnoxious overpowered dragon armor unit. How are you not get this?
We don't know how good fae will be, she is the only armored dragon without a prf and besides Cecilia might be a overpowered unit too
Also not everything should be about the power of a unit, fae is refreshing to me because she doesn't rely on sxualization to sell like most female units in seasonal banners

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit i didn't notice that Elfae's breath is inheritable, damn. That could be a nice breath for Ninian or other who don't have a prf breath so far.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
We know nothing about this cecilia alt except for her art, that is clearly fanservicey, how do you know she is a nice addition and the other 3 aren't?

She's an armored dagger unit, the second one released in the game, first for colorless. She's free and her alternative is a different color and is seasonal locked... she's a nice addition period, just like Eir is and even though I'm not impressed W!Eirika....

Fae is an armored dragon unit, the fourth released in the game, second for green. Been there done that, got the t-shirt. Even for whales she's pointless since she scores the same as FH!Robin since he has a prf and she doesn't.

Summer 2018 was up by 34% compared to Summer 2017. (June-August = 63 million)
September 16.8 million
October 17.4 million
November 2018 was down 19% YOY. (13.8 million)

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Well absolutely had no luck in the hero fest banner. Only had one pity break and tried to snipe for Ophelia or Lewyn. Got no 5* afterwards. :(

Well I know I'll definitely be sniping for W!Eirika, which I should have done for H!Mia in hindsight.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
She's an armored dagger unit, the second one released in the game, first for colorless. She's free and her alternative is a different color and is seasonal locked... she's a nice addition period, just like Eir is and even though I'm not impressed W!Eirika....

Fae is an armored dragon unit, the fourth released in the game, second for green. Been there done that, got the t-shirt. Even for whales she's pointless since she scores the same as FH!Robin since he has a prf and she doesn't.

Summer 2018 was up by 34% compared to Summer 2017. (June-August = 63 million)
September 16.8 million
October 17.4 million
November 2018 was down 19% YOY. (13.8 million)
Summer 2018 had Lector and Liki, and summer 2017 had "horny" characters too
November 2018 had a camilla alt
About Fae I am talking about characters not unit types, if you consider dagger armor a nice addition then healer armor also is.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Since I've reworked my Aether Raids defense in the last three days I've had...

Day 1 -40 lift, Success
Day 2 - N/A
Day 3 -20 lift, 3 foes defeated

Made an adjustment to where I place L!Ephraim since these 4 matches he has been sniped bad and been a non factor... I didn't give him Galeforce Heavy Blade Lunge Quickened Pulse just to get bodied!

Current defense team for this round of bonus units is L!Ephraim, Surtr, YT!Olivia, Loki, L!Lucina... really weak to Surtr.....

At the moment it's pretty much L!Ephraim gets bodied, Surtr moves forward with armored boots, gets danced, moves again hits someone, L!Lucina warps in and kills someone and we go from there with Loki usually getting a few kills.

When the bonus line up changes in two weeks, would like to make a more balanced lineup like...

Galeforce Exalt Chrom (or whatever red cav), Surtr/L!Hector, B!Ninian, Loki, Ophelia, Bonus unit (Eir or F!Grima)

About 100 orbs later with a pity rate of 11% on the hero fest banner, I FINALLY managed to pull a Lewyn AND an Ophelia - in the same circle no less! For once, perseverance paid off!

For what I've put in with the rate we have I've had a shit time with this Hero Fest, can't wait to see the back of it.

My last pull that wasn't a part of the free summon ticket though.... got a +def -atk Lewyn.... hello fodder.... wonder who I give that too... had a blue and pulled on that..... +atk -def Ophelia.. well that ended well.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Check the notification for the Tempest Trial: it's looking right down her top and there's a lot of cleavage there. Any more and they'd have to pay royalties for "Hot for Teacher".

Eh, just because someone couldn't help himself with that notification image doesn't mean that her design is fanservice. We have a Tharja in a Bikini as an christmas unit, that's fanservice. Or the bunnygirls. A dress showing some cleavage isn't what i would call fanservice, plus she's also wearing that cloak on top of it. Then a long skirt and some high boots. I don't think there's any fanservic-y design on the new christmas units.

I think you're having more of a point of calling vanilla ATiki's art fanservice in this case, she's wearing similar cleavage, a cloak but a shorter skirt with those stocking things. ^^

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
As somebody who doesn't like seasonals, December is a great month for orb hoarding.

You know the best thing? With all the orbs you can get/earn in December, with the new years celebration and beginning of next year, it only slows down during January and picking up again in February. Anniversary time. ^^

Oct 25, 2017
This is the easiest question ever.

Because way more people bought and played Awakening, versus The Binding Blade which wasn't even released in the west
I think most people that played both would find Nowi more interesting than Fae...unless you are immediately against Nowi due to her outfit, shes definitely more interesting than Fae.

Myrrh is the best kid dragon anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Who screwed up all the aether raid rewards?
They're giving out 10 more stones, but now there's this weird bird thing you get on the 5th day.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Btw. i wonder if we get those 5 apology orbs for the AR bug with that Escape Ladder tomorrow. Won't say no to more orbs for trying to get Healrika.

They're giving out 10 more stones, but now there's this weird bird thing you get on the 5th day.

That's the new Light's Blessing, which allows you to revive all your fallen heroes in the story/training tower and special training maps!

/s ;]

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

They were bound to add more ways to get Aether Raid blessings eventually

Legendary Hero blessings
  • Summon
  • Tempest Trials
  • Blessed Gardens
  • Legendary Hero Battle

Mythic Hero blessings
  • Summon
  • Aether Raid weekly

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Soooo I have 4 Eirs now. One is neutral, the others are -res/+spd, -hp/+spd and -spd/+res.
Which one to keep?
Also what do you people think of giving Mystic Boost to Micaiah? Or is there other unit who would benefit more from inheriting this skill?

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Soooo I have 4 Eirs now. One is neutral, the others are -res/+spd, -hp/+spd and -spd/+res.
Which one to keep?
Also what do you people think of giving Mystic Boost to Micaiah? Or is there other unit who would benefit more from inheriting this skill?
It may be worth keeping the Neutral one if you ever use F2P guides to clear hard maps. Sometimes having a different nature than the default one can screw up the AI actions.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Which one to keep?
Keep both the Neutral and the +SPD/-HP ones, but keep them separate. As Weebos said above, having a Neutral Eir with her vanilla skill set will be useful for F2P solutions. Then build the +SPD Eir however you like.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Which one to keep?

As someone mentioned earlier, the neutral one will pop up in guides if you need some help clearing Abyssal content. Otherwise -HP/+Spd is the better one.

Edit: ninja'd twice god damn ha ha

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Depending on how you look at it, this has been an awful Hero Fest for me.

I did full pulls with the free summon and then with each ticket. So that's 8x15 orbs = 120 orbs for 40 heroes. Add to that one more pull today for a grand total of 140 orbs and 45 heroes.

I got 5 off-focus 5*. Two OG Olwens, Takumi, MGrima, and L'arachel. 28 orbs per 5*, 1 out of every 9 hero pulled was a 5*.

Considering the odds for an off-focus, I did extremely well. But in terms of "give me premium fodder please", I did terrible.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Xmas banner is a skip for me, but I am glad we are getting Cecilia, hopefully she has good stats like Eliwood

These gold tickets are legit, managed to get a shitty IV Lewyn without spending a single orb, now to research who gets his skill

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You guys with your summon ticket luck, i'd already consider it an improvement if i wouldn't just get 3* heroes from them ...

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
This hero fest was probably the best banner for me in the game. Only really bad pull was an off-focus -atk Kana(F). Got a perfect Ophelia and finally pulled great IVs for my Lewin. If it weren't for the legendary banner being so close by I'd waste all my orbs here and start a +10 project :P

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
Herofest was the worst banner for me in about 1,5 years. Legendary banners have started to be bad for me lately but this was worse. 170 orbs + tickets down the drain and nothing to show for.

I hopefully remember this when the next one comes around.

Meanwhile I finally unlocked the 5th defense member in AR. I made peace with AR after I lowered my expectations.

Nov 7, 2017
My hero fest has gone very well. I have gotten:

1 x Ophelia
2 x Eir
2 x Owain
1 x Lewyn
1 x Leif

Also got Nowi and Soleil merges I needed. I spent about 80 orbs plus all tickets. Going to do one more full pull once arena rewards come in.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Herofest was the worst banner for me in about 1,5 years. Legendary banners have started to be bad for me lately but this was worse. 170 orbs + tickets down the drain and nothing to show for.
I also got nothing. Luckily, I only spent tickets because I'm in orb hoarding mode until I get baited by the next legendary banner.
I'm really hoping we get a 2-unit banner again sometime in the future.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
It may be worth keeping the Neutral one if you ever use F2P guides to clear hard maps. Sometimes having a different nature than the default one can screw up the AI actions.
Keep both the Neutral and the +SPD/-HP ones, but keep them separate. As Weebos said above, having a Neutral Eir with her vanilla skill set will be useful for F2P solutions. Then build the +SPD Eir however you like.
As someone mentioned earlier, the neutral one will pop up in guides if you need some help clearing Abyssal content. Otherwise -HP/+Spd is the better one.
Got it, thank you all! )
I don't use guides that much but eh well, we have abyssal now.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the easiest question ever.

I bought a 3DS just to play Awakening and sold the lot after completion on eBay

I knew we were due an armoured healer, looking forward to the banner.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
I only did the summon tickets and today, after only getting trash, I finally got a new Lewyn! Didn't have the time to check for IVs yet, but since I already have one, one of them is going to be fodder.

Oct 25, 2017
I used all my free tickets on green, or i wouldve if green showed up.

I ended up with 2 Eirs in 5 tickets. First one +ATK-RES

Two mystic boost fodder. Felicia will probably get one when I start building her. Dunno for the other. Deirdre or Julia maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.