• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Hero Fest was terrible for me. I'm hoping that means I'll have good luck tomorrow with my SS heroes.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
The best part of this Tap Battle was how it improved Conquest's plot by changing Nohr's motive to really wanting Hoshido's hot springs.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The best part of this Tap Battle was how it improved Conquest's plot by changing Nohr's motive to really wanting Hoshido's hot springs.
I didn't even know there was story/plot in Tap Battle, I literally don't even watch the screen and just spam my finger in the Casual modes

Tap Battle is worst content in game by far

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Hero fest gave me a Mia and then Owain. Before this month, I wasn't overflowing in red infantry like most of you but between those two and my new Laevertain, I don't want to see another one for a loooong time. Hoping to nab Eirika tomorrow, an armoured healer looks fun and her art's nice.

I didn't even know there was story/plot in Tap Battle, I literally don't even watch the screen and just spam my finger in the Casual modes

Tap Battle is worst content in game by far

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy Tap Battle. Playing on x3 speed is honestly a lot of fun personally. Plus, FE music is great so a mode built around it (...kinda) scores points with me.

That said, it's very much a mindless thing that I appreciate the rewards without ever expecting anything amazing out of it. Still find it more enjoyable than Voting Gauntlet though!

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Spent Hero Fest tickets and some orbs to get a +Res - HP Eir. A good base for merges imo
I wouldn't merge your Neutral one though, as discussed above.

Speaking of Eir, now that I've trained her and gone through all her dialogue, she was definitely kidnapped as a child by Hel. There's gonna be some Valkyrie nation/group of characters introduced in Book III that she'll actually belong to.

Wolven Hammer

Feb 26, 2018
Los Angeles, California
So I want to get Ephraim and fae. Ephraim is priority. Which method is better? Getting only blue until I get him, then switch to green? Or pick both colors at the same time?

I've got 100+ orbs. How would you guys do it?

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
So I want to get Ephraim and fae. Ephraim is priority. Which method is better? Getting only blue until I get him, then switch to green? Or pick both colors at the same time?

I've got 100+ orbs. How would you guys do it?

Depends on how much higher priority you'd put on Ephraim. With 100 orbs, the odds for sniping a specific hero aren't in your favor. You have a slightly better chance of getting at least one of them by picking both colors at once, but then you also run the risk of getting one and not the other.

If it were me, I'd stick with one color and face the harsh reality that I probably wouldn't get the second hero.

We also get 48 orbs from TT starting tomorrow, that does improve your chances for Ephraim significantly.

Wolven Hammer

Feb 26, 2018
Los Angeles, California
Depends on how much higher priority you'd put on Ephraim. With 100 orbs, the odds for sniping a specific hero aren't in your favor. You have a slightly better chance of getting at least one of them by picking both colors at once, but then you also run the risk of getting one and not the other.

If it were me, I'd stick with one color and face the harsh reality that I probably wouldn't get the second hero.

We also get 48 orbs from TT starting tomorrow, that does improve your chances for Ephraim significantly.
Will do, thanks.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Veronica + Jaffar is quickly becoming my favorite AR offense team. Feels like you're trolling those pure enemy phase setups, whittling them all to 1 HP by Turn 4.

As for Relay Defense... It was okay as a concept, it just felt too trial by error in terms of enemy spawns, and the rewards were messed up. Rival Domains, they spawn stuff in that you don't expect, but they're far enough away where you can plan around them better.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Relay Defense just needed to be not so ridiculous on Abyssal, which it already was on the second round. I quite enjoyed it then. Let me do some genuine panning ahead and looking at my whole roster to see who fit my needs for each wave.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Relay Defense woulda been a lot more interesting if they were proper defense maps like Conquest chapter 10 instead of Lunatic+ Awakening Reinforcement Spam: The Mode.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Decided I didn't want the seasonals and threw another 50 orbs at Hero Fest, pulling everything but red. Got a -atk Ophelia for my troubles so this banner wasn't a huge bust.

Also faced this in AR:

Screenshot_20181217-203041_Fire_Emblem_Heroes.jpg

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ended up getting stupid lucky tonight and pulled 2 Lewyns, Ophelia, and a Sonya pitybreaker in 40 orbs. The last legendary banner went very poorly for me, I guess this one night is balancing it out. This will never happen again.

(This post originally contained a question about Special Spiral, but the later unexpected summons answered my question.)

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a11sej5usy421.png

Not bad, not bad

Cecilia is looking nice (as expected) and for you Fae lovers she's 180 right out of the box

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
And Cecilia's weapon.

冬祭のブーツ+: Goodie Boot+

冬祭のブーツ+: During combat, boosts unit's Def/Res by number of allies within 2 spaces × 2. (Maximum bonus of +6 to each stat.) After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fae is going to be soooooo incredibly bulky. Her combat Resistance is going to be in the 50s in a ton of situations with her base weapon.

And Cecilia's weapon.

Wow, this is a great Tempest Trials unit! Solid bulk, ranged armor that a lot people (like myself) don't have many of. Been hanging onto my free Takumi for the longest time, might have finally found a use for him.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Yes, i know that very well. Pulled for a single Lewyn on the Hero Fest banner for future Special Spiral access and look what that clown has. +Spd / -Def ... which of course performed better in the mass duel calc than my previous +Atk / -HP one.

So you are telling me +Spd is the better Lewyn? I have 2 of them and was wondering wich to keep. Which battle simulator are you using, for reference?

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Got Eirika (+HP/-Spd) easily. Then went and got Bike (+Atk/-Def, not sure if better than functionally neutral), Rhajat (+Atk/-Spd, merge fodder?), Green Olwen (+Def/-Res, an improvement), and another Eirika (+Atk/-Def, probably worse?) before giving up on Ephraim and Fae. No idea why Ephraim just hates me so much, but as long as I've got the important one I'm good.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Got Eirika (+HP/-Spd) easily. Then went and got Bike (+Atk/-Def, not sure if better than functionally neutral), Rhajat (+Atk/-Spd, merge fodder?), Green Olwen (+Def/-Res, an improvement), and another Eirika (+Atk/-Def, probably worse?) before giving up on Ephraim and Fae. No idea why Ephraim just hates me so much, but as long as I've got the important one I'm good.
You're easily. You and everyone with a pile of Surtrs.

Wolven Hammer

Feb 26, 2018
Los Angeles, California
This game plays with my emotions. 80/115 orbs put in for Ephraim and I got a damn lute, then I got a winter fae out of nowhere because there weren't any blue balls.

I'll hold on to her for now till the verdicts out. Also no point in giving my BK armor march without bold fighter first.

It could turn out that she's an absolute monster unit worth keeping. That would suck, lol.

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
After all the pain I went through with Herofest the game decided to throw me a bone and gave me a free Xmas Fae.
Now I can bench my Xmas Chrom (HM already maxed) again and use her as the bonus unit for TT.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Got Healrika, nothing else in 125 orbs. She is +Spd / -Def ... normally i would cheer for these IVs on a healer, juuuuuust not this time. I'd say it's one of the worst IV sets for her. She's slow, but super bulky and these IVs are the opposite.

Now to save orbs from the paralogue and TT for maybe a better Healrika and Elfae, or two Tharmor merges.

So you are telling me +Spd is the better Lewyn? I have 2 of them and was wondering wich to keep. Which battle simulator are you using, for reference?

Yes, +Spd is his best boon. His weapon isn't like Spellhardt, it's basically built in Desperation with the HP threshold reversed. So in order for him to attack twice, he needs to be able to do so, that's why +Spd is the best. +Atk is good too, but with Special Spiral, he can dish out so many special procs that neutral Atk is absolutely good too.

Using this calc: http://arcticsilverfox.com/feh_sim/

--

E:

Oh hey, IS didn't forget Fjorm! She's in the paralogue and not dead (yet)! ^^

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Got a +SPD/-DEF Loki with my free pull. Then got a +ATK/-SPD W!Eirika in less than 20 orbs. Feeling p. good right now. :)

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Cecilia is going to be so strong, Close Counter, Bold Fighter, time to pull out all the stops.

Had 50 orbs, decided to go all in on Winter's Envoy since I really want Lissa.

+res -atk Dorcas.... my 5th Dorcas and all have been terrible IVs except for one.
+atk -hp W!Chrom... fuck yeah, such a big upgrade over my current -atk + def one... I have attack refine on my old Chrom, will prob +def refine my new one.
+hp -def W!Lissa... Finally.

Hard pass on new banner even though Eirika would be a great addition, pulling for Eir has kinda put me off colorless for a while....

Might revisit the new winter banner if New Years disappoints.. but like how W!Lissa was my #1 priority here.... NY!Azura is for NY.

Otherwise saving mode for

909bd66a44fa087b64fd4b9c1caec208--fire-emblem-catgirl.jpg

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
Chased Eirika, and got Fae from a circle with 0 colorless'. At least it was with only 30 orbs. But still, I have no need for another green armor and Fae's design is close to an abomination to me. So meh

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Tibarn has good art so I will be fine, I like nailah too but even if she has top tier art and

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Gathered up orbs from the paralouge, it's quests, the chain challenge and TT for some YOLO pulls on the new and old banner, got lucky with second Healrika, -Spd / +HP ... i'll gladly take it!
But last years re-run for Tharmor freaking destroyed me. I think i had ~80% only 3* trash of the highest value, Raigh and Sophia.

I think i'll wait for her to drop on a legendary/mythical banner again.

Leveled the new Healrika up, man is she sturdy, and the perfect cheerleader because of her buffing the highest Atk hero. Still i think i'll have her inherit Pain+ and Absorb+ down the line.
Going to have to do some calcs how much she needs either Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff, i won't give her Bold Fighter but maybe she works great with Wary Fighter or Vengeful Fighter (which i actually have for inheritance).

A-skill ... she works with quite some of them. Atk/Def Bond or Atk/Res Bond, Close Counter ... but i think the best skill she can use, if you're going for a "Try to kill me" build, is Fortress Def/Res.

Think of it:

Absorb+ (Wrathful Staff refined)
Fortress Def/Res
Wary Fighter
C-skill open to your taste

With my IVs, that's 45 HP / 41 Atk (with weapon) / 20 Spd / 36 Def / 40 Res, unmerged, unbuffed and without any other bonus stats. Drop her in a Ward Armor team for that sweet +12 Def/Res rising to 45 HP /41 Atk / 20 Spd / 48 Def / 52 Res. You're not doubling her, and with Absorb she can keep up Wary Fighter for a longer time. All that's missing is a Guard seal to prevent special procs ... Savage Blow will do until then.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Spent 100 orbs trying to get Eirika but ended up with Horse Chrom and Maribelle. Horse Chrom is -ATK because of course he is.

Still, hoping to dump the rest of my orbs into the Laguz banner next month. Hopefully my horrid luck with off banner 5*s doesn't carry over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.