• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
It does look like armours could crack that setup. A strong blue unit with Wary Fighter and decent Res could tank the swords and Rein but if that Soleil has Firesweep, Galeforce, and Lunge/Drag Back then all bets are off. Or Armorsmasher.
Looks like an Armoursmasher in that pic, so they've scouted that play ha ha.
Yeah, I toyed with the same approach that guy did with my own team, and a tanky armor does seem like the best way to crack it.

I switched around some of my skills and buildings to try to at least get one kill if someone tries it again. I don't have Soliel or a good Armorsmasher unit, but Laevatein with buffs was able to finish off my merged Effie after she got softened by Veronica and Hrid, so hopefully that's enough.

Edit: switched Veronica back to Rein. The whole team gets checked by TA Swordbreaker Nowi, but it's a hell of a lot stronger against armors.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I switched around some of my skills and buildings to try to at least get one kill if someone tries it again. I don't have Soliel or a good Armorsmasher unit, but Laevatein with buffs was able to finish off my merged Effie after she got softened by Veronica and Hrid, so hopefully that's enough.

What sword units, be it infantry, flier or cav, do you have? Armorsmasher works on quite a few sword heroes, Athena, Hana, Marisa, Seth ... you have an Ogma? He has somewhat similar stats to Soleil, is also budget option and has some nasty amount of HP if the armor thinks about hitting back. I know he just got a named weapon, but for AR it could be an option.

Scruffy

Oct 28, 2017
I used a bit over 200 orbs and got a +def/-spd Winter Fae. 200 orbs for just one 5 star seems a bit steep for me but looking at the bright side, the IV's are good at least.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man i just don't understand how the AR def scoring works. Got a full win (all 5 attacker defeated) yesterday and then a loss couple of hours after that. Both, the win and the loss were well outside that 20 hour timeframe after losing Lift from monday, yet i didn't get any Lift loss for the full defeat yesterday. Maybe IS should lock the mode for a week and have QA take another good look into it.

On a different note, i finally got one of those reduced Lift loss defeats on monday, my team defeated 2 attackers (of 5) going by the replay and i "just" lost 60 Lift. Still no explanation why this never happened before, no matter how many attacker my team defeated.
Only thing i could think about without knowing any details about how the server communication works for AR is that there might be some sort of delay happen between app <-> server communication that has such situations happen.

I used a bit over 200 orbs and got a +def/-spd Winter Fae. 200 orbs for just one 5 star seems a bit steep for me but looking at the bright side, the IV's are good at least.

Her whole kit is designed to be a physical and magical tank, i'd say this is the best IV set, outside of the superbane in Spd (thanks for telling me Shaymin, didn't notice before).

Since you can refine her breath weapon, why not go for a Def refinement? With that your Elfae would have 50 HP / 49 Atk (with weapon) / 22 Spd / 40 Def / 41 Res ... and that is without merges, buffs, or any other bonuses to stats!

Cuddle her up, like the default skills imply you should, and you get at most +6 Def/Res from her weapon with 3 allies around her, and +5 Def/Res from her bond skill. That's 51 Def / 52 Res still unmerged and unbuffed from the outside.

And now think of her in an armor team with 3 Ward Armor skills, additional +12 Def/Res in combat, reaching up to 63 Def / 64 Res ... again, unmerged and without any bonuses applied from Arena bonus/elemental blessing bonus/Summoner Support. She could also apply a visible self-buff on her with a Wave skill ... and for her middling Atk stat, the game just gave you the perfect seal, Fierce Stance. ^^

You can push the festivitive chicken to insane defensive heights ... i'd almost say that Wary Fighter will be much more annoying on her than Vengeful Fighter. ^^

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
What sword units, be it infantry, flier or cav, do you have? Armorsmasher works on quite a few sword heroes, Athena, Hana, Marisa, Seth ... you have an Ogma? He has somewhat similar stats to Soleil, is also budget option and has some nasty amount of HP if the armor thinks about hitting back. I know he just got a named weapon, but for AR it could be an option.
I have a Hana, but isn't Laevatein a better option right now because she's a bonus unit? She's bulkier right now too, which should make her better against Galeforce bum rush teams.

I do have a few 4* Soleils that I haven't looked into, but I'm not interested in building her at the moment.

Which damage trap was real?

I might make a double galeforce cav team for setups like that.

Steal it for a few week and see what people come up with to deal with it.

Spring Breeze too OP.
The traps in melee range are fake, so you could run up and melee them. But you'd have to spend a few turns popping the real ones first if you want dancer support.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I have a Hana, but isn't Laevatein a better option right now because she's a bonus unit? She's bulkier right now too, which should make her better against Galeforce bum rush teams.

I do have a few 4* Soleils that I haven't looked into, but I'm not interested in building her at the moment.

With Laevatein, you could almost outburst whatever armor is coming up with her regular weapon. Tactics team for her Bladeblade, bonus stats, on top of that Atk stat ... that's a lot of damage, plus Surtr has WTA disadvantage.

Heavy Blade seal, Galeforce special, dancer support.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Finally got a no death Success defense in Aether Raids, my L!Eph putting in work for the first time.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
On a different note, i finally got one of those reduced Lift loss defeats on monday, my team defeated 2 attackers (of 5) going by the replay and i "just" lost 60 Lift. Still no explanation why this never happened before, no matter how many attacker my team defeated.
I have a failed defense with 1 enemy defeated that brought me only 60 lift down. And another one with -80 lift. The rest of my fails are -0, and these are majority.
And I'm kinda glad that it doesn't count my lift down every time my defense team fails since I'd be back to tier 10 in no time lol.

Oh, I'm at Arena tier 20 this week all of a sudden.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I will name the new winter banner "Need for Pineapple" ... thank god i had an spare pity breaker one and kept the free 4* one, both Healrika and Celfcilia now rock CC.

Though, if i ever get hands to another Fortress Def/Res, i might try that one on Healrika together with Wary Fighter.

I have a failed defense with 1 enemy defeated that brought me only 60 lift down. And another one with -80 lift. The rest of my fails are -0, and these are majority.
And I'm kinda glad that it doesn't count my lift down every time my defense team fails since I'd be back to tier 10 in no time lol.

Oh, I'm at Arena tier 20 this week all of a sudden.

Believe it or not, this was actually the first time i got a reduced Lift loss. Never had that before, no matter how many attackers my def team took out. I don't know what's with the issues in this mode.

Arena is smooth sailing this week. Earth season means i'm sitting relaxed in the top 500 ranks for going up to T21 again. ^^

Earth season for every week!

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not quite sure what's up with Lift loss on defense. I had one full loss on Sunday when the season started, then 3 straight successes (2 were concedes) and then one loss with 2 enemies defeated, yet 0 Lift lost.

My setup is sort of similar to the one posted before except I keep my fortress on the left and both Aether buildings in the left corner. The fights usually involve my opponents ignoring the traps in the middle (because they're awkward to Repo/dance out of) and coming up the right side.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Oh gods. By the time I realized what "Celf" stands for in this name my brain became completely broken.

Regarding CC, I only have one spare Takumi and I'm kinda torn between giving the skill to cELFcilia, Healrika (who is luckily -spd/+def), -res HJakob, HNiles or someone like Henry or Odin to annoy people in AR.

Arena is smooth sailing this week. Earth season means i'm sitting relaxed in the top 500 ranks for going up to T21 again. ^^

Earth season for every week!
For me the earth/wind season means that I'll have to use my fire team again since fire and water are the only decent teams at my disposal. )
So I'll be back to tier 19 next week.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
With Laevatein, you could almost outburst whatever armor is coming up with her regular weapon. Tactics team for her Bladeblade, bonus stats, on top of that Atk stat ... that's a lot of damage, plus Surtr has WTA disadvantage.

Heavy Blade seal, Galeforce special, dancer support.
I ended up giving her either the Atk/Def bond or Darting Stance seal for defense. She specifically stands right next to someone when she lands that first attack, so the bond skill makes more sense than Heavy Blade. She's not particularly fast to begin with, so I'm aiming more for one really big hit rather than two hits.

Someone cleared my base with Surtr again, but this time it was way more precise. The attacker spent like 5 turns popping traps and using Rein to snipe Laevatein before moving Surtr in. Hrid + Veronica weren't enough to kill Surtr, and with Laevatein dead, my dancer had no one in dance range either, so my defense fell apart. Good on the attacker for pulling that off with so much precision, and under the turn limit.

I modified my base and swapped my 5th unit for Brave Roy in case this happens again. At this point I'm not sure if I'm putting so much effort into my base for the lift, or just to try to screw Surtr as much as possible.

Probably the latter.

5wykVgM.jpg

Last edited:

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
There is something really funny about watching Cecilia knock the fuck out of fully trained generals with a 200mph boot to the face

Also her smile must be protected

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the Est I merged and built up for next week's arena bonus unit. I'll have to switch her over to wind blessed for the next few weeks for scoring purposes, so I paired her up with Legendary Lyn, and will round out the team with Clair and Camilla to get the triangle attack bonuses.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Aether Raids is kind of the worst (literally just used my Escape Rope this week), but it has been the most satisfying mode in the game when you can puzzle your way through a setup sucessfully.

Had a Spring Breeze top-right setup with Olwen/Reinhardt/Swordhardt/Green Olwen/Saias. Olwen had a solo approach space on the end, but with a bunch of buildings in the way. Spent the first 3 turns clearing rubble safely and setting Cecelia there. Then Olwen died and all 4 units came down at once. Then I did Reinhardt into Swordhardt, Cecilia to Saias, danced Cecilia to Reinhardt, and then Lavatein swapped Horse Chrom forward a space to clear Green Olwen. Good job Lavatein.

This is all probably pointless to everyone else but it is rare that something I plan actually works out in this mode, lol. Usually there's one unit who moves the wrong way and all my positioning gets ruined.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Arena is crazy with the Surtr bonus. First time I've tried to stay in T21. I just had 15/16 bonus kills and averaged 757 per match after bonus and I'm sitting at 954/1263 which probably won't cut it. I'm running +10 Fae, +10 Olivia, +9 Nowi and +7 Surtr. All running Aether, double rallies, and 240 skills.

I think the only thing I can do to improve score is remove Olivia for L!Tiki and lean into the Earth Blessing boost (would have to take the light blessing off Surtr which I don't want to do).

Edit: Played AA for the first time in a while and all the matches were in the 740+s. Survived the first time through flawless. Turns out I have plenty of Surtr counters due to all the dancers and Gravity/Dazzling/Wrathful healers I have. Same old AA as usual, sitting at 1300 rank right now.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry. )
It's not related to "celf", it's Cecilia + Elf: C - Elf - cilia. It's a nice wordplay but I wasn't prepared for the thematic word to be in the middle of the name. )

I'm thrilled that my nickname creations are provoking some serious thinking ... buuuut i don't really feel that one. Was more of an quick thought, because i can't for the heck find some better name. Dunno if the christmas theme just lacks the variety of options or if i just start to suck at making these. ^^

Arena is crazy with the Surtr bonus. First time I've tried to stay in T21. I just had 15/16 bonus kills and averaged 757 per match after bonus and I'm sitting at 954/1263 which probably won't cut it. I'm running +10 Fae, +10 Olivia, +9 Nowi and +7 Surtr. All running Aether, double rallies, and 240 skills.

I think the only thing I can do to improve score is remove Olivia for L!Tiki and lean into the Earth Blessing boost (would have to take the light blessing off Surtr which I don't want to do).

Edit: Played AA for the first time in a while and all the matches were in the 740+s. Survived the first time through flawless. Turns out I have plenty of Surtr counters due to all the dancers and Gravity/Dazzling/Wrathful healers I have. Same old AA as usual, sitting at 1300 rank right now.

I've seen these Surtr counters in regular Arena already. Celica, Lilina, the common red dragons and even Batmyrrh Returns (pun intended).

Was a bit easier with those last week when i had Fjorm in my team. Thanks to her kit and statline, together with the Arena bonus stats, she made short notice of everything red dealing magic damage. Anything physical red just suicided into either Surtr or Laegjarn.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
After all this time, I finally decided to make my first +10:

image0.png

Hopefully Eirika and L'Arachel follow soon...

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I really should look at opponents' skills before attacking. Was looking at damage to a Ninian and was disappointed that everyone was leaving her with 1HP. I moved my horses closer together to get buffs and then belatedly realized that the reason I couldn't one-shot her was because she had Pulses out the wazoo (Shield Pulse, Quickened, and double IP?) to give her 0-countdown Miracle. Ended up losing a unit.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
I really should look at opponents' skills before attacking. Was looking at damage to a Ninian and was disappointed that everyone was leaving her with 1HP. I moved my horses closer together to get buffs and then belatedly realized that the reason I couldn't one-shot her was because she had Pulses out the wazoo (Shield Pulse, Quickened, and double IP?) to give her 0-countdown Miracle. Ended up losing a unit.
Yeah I once ran into a team with +10 Henry that had CC, CD and QR and lost L'Ephraim 'cuz I didn't even think that my best horse wouldn't be able to kill a mage and be killed instead.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, but Flashing Blade seal is a weird choice. Use heavy blade or Attack +3
I went for Flashing Blade there since I had Heavy equipped on someone else haha. But as Bonejack said it still works since, after all, this build is a speed focused one so if I pair Chrom with someone that has Spur Atk/Spd or something similar, he can get to pretty high speeds.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I might try that... would be an amazing spanner to throw at someone in Aether Raids... if you don't have a counter to it GG.

His Ares is +res -def so I might be able to drop Life & Death 3 and give him Distant Counter instead... maybe I'll try with life and death first to see how it goes.

Miracle check
Distant Counter / Life & Death 3 check
Mystic Boost check
+atk -res 4 star Ares ready to 5 star check
5 star Ares to make +1 (+1 hp and atk) check
Winter Eirika to hide in the corner check

If he was a bonus unit next Aether Raids rotation I would be pulling the trigger 100%.

I kinda want to rework my entire defense but it's working so well atm... 8 defenses, 80 lift lost for the week, 24 kills.

A lot of people seem to forget that Armored Boots still gives 2 move if you've received damage but been danced. Even though Surtr is optimal with one movement range because of his weapon, just getting him in and letting my other characters do their thing is more of a help.

Surtr not being a bonus unit will obviously weaken my defense... but Surtr's also my biggest weakness right now so it evens out I guess.

Okay I can make one massive improvement, just noticed that Ephraim and Surt both have 63 attack in Aether Raids... see ya Loki, welcome W!Eirika.

Surtr+10 - 67 / 69 / 28 / 60 / 43
L!Ephraim+2 - 54 / 69 / 32 / 43 / 24

Disgusting.

Last edited:

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Ares is a great AR defense unit in general. I use him with his DC / Vantage / Bonfire build and it's shocking how many defenses I've won just because of him.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Okay I can make one massive improvement, just noticed that Ephraim and Surt both have 63 attack in Aether Raids... see ya Loki, welcome W!Eirika.

Surtr+10 - 67 / 69 / 28 / 60 / 43
L!Ephraim+2 - 54 / 69 / 32 / 43 / 24

Disgusting.

Miracle Ares, huh? I have a +5 one, i think -Res / +Atk too, from pity breaks and one promotion of the -Res / +Atk one that i finally got after (feeling) a billion of 4* Ares that either were -Atk, -Spd, -Def or -HP, with useless boons on top.

Also, feel free to send your Surtr to my Laegjarn, with bonus stats from AR and a Def Tactic provider, she has 52 Def and 57 HP. Ok, to be fair, she also has my Summoner Support. But believe me, she finished her dad everytime in AR and Arena, even blue lances have a hard time taking her down.

Nowi though ... Laegjarn isn't a fan of blue kid dragons.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
How do u get all those feathers to merge f2p units...

Doing quests, ranking high in Arena and AA, hero merit, chain challenges ... but mostly pre-combat-manuals you just started sending 3* and 4* units home if you had enough of them.

Right now, i believe if you do everything of the regular content (aka not TT or some limited stuff), you could get up to ~13k feathers per week just with Arena and AA. Granted, to reach that number you need to finish top rank in AA ... but i'd say ~ 10k feathers per weeks is easily possible.

e: Fixed some typos.

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Lost my AR defense today, but Surtr died, so I'm happy lol.

Guy had a Zelgius with prf refine. I didn't even know his refine gave DD.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Lost my AR defense today, but Surtr died, so I'm happy lol.

Guy had a Zelgius with prf refine. I didn't even know his refine gave DD.

Zephiel aye? I have him in my main Armor team with that, Distant Counter and the DD3 seal. He is surprisingly effective at taking a beating from everything except dragons, and even then he has the HP (and Wary Fighter) to hold out.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Doing quests, ranking high in Arena and AA, hero merit, chain challenges ... but mostly pre-combat-manuals you just started sending 3* and 4* units home if you had enough of them.

Right now, i believe if you do everything of the regular content (aka not TT or some limited stuff), you could get up to ~13k feathers per week just with Arena and AA. Granted, to reach that number you need to finish top rank in AA ... but i'd say ~ 10k feathers per weeks is easily possible.

e: Fixed some typos.
Yeah but then the new unit arrives and I need to build it for the next arena season and I end up spending 20k or more feathers to promote some Mae or Klein or Chrom or whatever to get their skills for inheritance and then I'm back to ~0.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but then the new unit arrives and I need to build it for the next arena season and I end up spending 20k or more feathers to promote some Mae or Klein or Chrom or whatever to get their skills for inheritance and then I'm back to ~0.

I feel like most of the new heroes come with good default kits already, for some time now. If anything it's either some 5* exclusive skills that would be useful on them, or it's skills that are fully (no promotion needed) available on 4* heroes.

Now if you want to give every hero QR 3 then yeah, ok, you will drop many feathers. But that skill is available as a seal, so go for another B-skill and use the seal, it's not like that you need more than one QR unit if you're only running a single bonus hero, the last thing the cheerleaders should do is double someone on enemy phase and return kill them. ^^

For me, the heroes who need most investment from feathers are healers, either for the healing assist or for another staff like Gravity+ or Pain+/Absorb+.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how anyone can look at Cecilia's design and think: "Yeah she's definitely a ninja alright."

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017

I accumulate anywhere between 40,000-60,000 feathers a week, but it takes a ton of time and effort to do it. Basically getting top tier in Arena/AA, top rankings in whatever active events (TT, GC, VG, etc.), doing dailies diligently, and HM farming like mad. I try to reserve most of my summoning for legendary banners, which can usually net me a couple of new units to farm.

This is all aimed toward being able to promote/merge a +5 bonus unit every time they change in arena, making it easier to maintain T21. (Sometimes I can save feathers when I happen to have a merged bonus unit already.) It's all a giant treadmill, but keeps me oddly satisfied enough to keep doing it.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I accumulate anywhere between 40,000-60,000 feathers a week, but it takes a ton of time and effort to do it. Basically getting top tier in Arena/AA, top rankings in whatever active events (TT, GC, VG, etc.), doing dailies diligently, and HM farming like mad. I try to reserve most of my summoning for legendary banners, which can usually net me a couple of new units to farm.

This is all aimed toward being able to promote/merge a +5 bonus unit every time they change in arena, making it easier to maintain T21. (Sometimes I can save feathers when I happen to have a merged bonus unit already.) It's all a giant treadmill, but keeps me oddly satisfied enough to keep doing it.

40k to 60k feathers a week? Good grief, can i give you my account for some weeks to build up my feather count. ^^

But yeah, there's options to get many feathers, or like i said about 10k without too much effort a week. We're lightyears from the dire situation that have been the early days of the game ... getting 20k feathers back then was like a celebration.

-----

Anyway, i'm starting my holiday vacation now, so i might not be around too much for the next two weeks. Guess i'll check back on monday for some season greetings, before the stress of having the whole family together starts. ^^

Good weekend to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.