• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying having L!Lyn as an AR bonus unit this week. The extra stats definitely help her out, and having a Speed Tactic on the team is nice. She is also deceptively tanky on a defense team.

Yesterday was 2. Today was 1.

OK, then maybe it is all nothing then. Don't know why the login bonus reset to the beginning. Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I distinctly remember seeing no checkmarks yet when it popped up. I am probably going crazy.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Ooooff! I just noticed this (and was probably half asleep doing this). I ended up turning my 4* Wrys, that was I was building up to be a 5* unit, into a combat manual! And thanks to that, I just lost my progress on the merges regarding that character! FML lol!

SadLilina.img

Nov 7, 2017
JmOuAtvhlvTR78r76v1bQr1M7s5t73vT8mU2qrjfx4I.jpg

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Ooooff! I just noticed this (and was probably half asleep doing this). I ended up turning my 4* Wrys, that was I was building up to be a 5* unit, into a combat manual! And thanks to that, I just lost my progress on the merges regarding that character! FML lol!

SadLilina.img
Always put a heart mark on units you don't want to send home or turn into manuals. Better safe than sorry.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I use my heart system to organize units.

I forget what bins I use exactly. The first one is 'to be organized later' and is what 5* units default to; other ones include Jugdral, F2P, Arena Assault (or any similar mode like squad assault or blessed gardens where I need to use decently built units), TT/GHB, and fodder. I feel like there's another category I'm forgetting but oh well.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I do something similar to that.

Red heart for unknown IV 5* to be determined later
Orange for perfect IVs
Yellow for OK~ish IVs
Green for Neutrals
Blue for units used in training (dancers, units with valor skills)
Purple for 5* with the worst possible IVs

Anything without heart marks = fodder

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I do.....

1 - Favorite 1 (just the default setting so I don't fodder any 5 stars by mistake)
2 - GHB/TT units
3 - Bad IVs
4 - Meh IVs
5 - Neutral
6 - Good IVs
7 - Great IVs
8 - Optimal.

Next patch I need to change things up though.... think I'll go with....

1 - Favorite 1 (just the default setting so I don't fodder any 5 stars by mistake)
2 - Bad IVs (for single copy units, like the Lute I pulled a few nights ago)
3 - Great IVs (for single copy units, like the Tibarn I pulled a few nights ago)
4 - +bulk (def, res, hp)
5 - Neutral (i'll throw all the TT/GHB units in here now, real good choice too tbh)
6 - +spd
7 - +atk
8 - Optimal (Best IV, at least 1 merge & and built up)

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a lazy bum, i only use the regular, green and purple hearts.

Regular for each 5* that's either useable or where i only have a single one from 5* exclusives. And 4* with good/perfect IVs marking them for a potential promotion.
Green for shit IVs on 5*, whom i have more than one or who are available at 4* ... it's basically a mark of death because it means being merged or inherited off if i need some skills.
Purple is for Camilla alts. ^^

Recently, i started using teal too, for neutral IV units that might come in handy for whatever PheonixMaster clear they might be used forl. 4* neutral Olivia for example.

----

Little AR advice from me (lol, i know, right?):

If you got the Aether Stones, enhance your Escape Ladder!

Just saved my ass again just minutes ago. Got matched to a player (6 def units) that was basically a hard counter to my main team and where my other teams were sub-optimal too, lost of course. Thanks to the ladder (lvl 2) i got to make the free match again, matching a player where i could yank the defenders out with my main team. Second match was like that too then.

I fucked up, ladder saved me, is still useable once this season and i got my 200 Lift for today. Also, second upgrade is expensive (500 Aether Stones i think) but that certainly gives you a nice amount of dew for future fortress upgrades.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Soon as I added a 6th member (NY!Fjorm in the bair spot, so no Flier formation needed) to my ragtag Flier Formation squad I've had 2xsuccess and 2 kills in the only failure so far.

Elincia and Summer Camilla putting in work.

Might sub out H!Nowi for L!Azura to WOM in.

Flashing blade seriously needs to come off flier restriction now, if Sturdy Impact can be run on fliers...

IS should had done the Mythic Banner in December or halted the legendary banners until we had four distinct blessed's mythic. It just sucks to have a season on AR that you can't score max.

Honestly don't mind having a casual season at the moment, lets me test some stuff that I wouldn't do during Light season.

I don't expect the status quo to remain for long, because as things are now you have zero reason to spend money to be competitive in AR.... once you hit T21... you're in T21 for good pretty much. You have no reason to pull for an offseason offense hero or defensive heroes..... getting 140 lift instead of 160 is okay etc...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying having L!Lyn as an AR bonus unit this week.
Having L!Lyn as a bonus unit is so nice! As someone who is a huge Lyn fan, having her legendary being underwhelming and sadly forgotten(ironic for someone who generated so much salt) is heartbroken.

Honestly don't mind having a casual season at the moment, lets me test some stuff that I wouldn't do during Light season.

I don't expect the status quo to remain for long, because as things are now you have zero reason to spend money to be competitive in AR
Yeah, that's definitively true. Once IS starts rolling new Mythic, AR will be much more competitive and P2W. It also will be more difficult to do raids as these skills IS is planning are catered to AR. Welp, can agree that a more "casual" season is refreshing.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Guess I can bow out of the Laguz banner now. Started with about 80 orbs originally and using them all I scored Nailah. From there I went and farmed up Forging Bonds for the tickets and did 4 summons with those which turned up nothing. Kept plugging away at the banner pulling reds but still nothing. Had about 25 orbs sitting there today, I'd swore off the banner a couple times already at this point, but I up and decided I'd pull a few more reds. After 3 I get a 5 star Ares (RIP). Then I get mad and opened another session, 1 red orb, nope. Then I open another one, 2 red orbs. I take the one on the bottom left and it turns out to be someone who's evaded me for well over a year. Motherducking Sigurd! Then I'm staring at that other red stone and I've got 1 orb at this point. After going back and forth for a few minutes I decide to spend the couple bucks for the 3 orbs and...

ePQNYbu.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I can bow out of the Laguz banner now. Started with about 80 orbs originally and using them all I scored Nailah. From there I went and farmed up Forging Bonds for the tickets and did 4 summons with those which turned up nothing. Kept plugging away at the banner pulling reds but still nothing. Had about 25 orbs sitting there today, I'd swore off the banner a couple times already at this point, but I up and decided I'd pull a few more reds. After 3 I get a 5 star Ares (RIP). Then I get mad and opened another session, 1 red orb, nope. Then I open another one, 2 red orbs. I take the one on the bottom left and it turns out to be someone who's evaded me for well over a year. Motherducking Sigurd! Then I'm staring at that other red stone and I've got 1 orb at this point. After going back and forth for a few minutes I decide to spend the couple bucks for the 3 orbs and...

ePQNYbu.jpg
Yeah, sometimes RNG just isn't at our favor. I remember wasting more than 200 orbs on L!Azura Just to get one on a holiday summon(Thank God was a good IV). I'm envy on your Sigurd, as someone who loves the Heroes characterization and loves FE4, he has been evading me since.

Oct 25, 2017
Doing Chain Challenges using Celica with refined Ragnarok is insane. She just nukes everything. Basically Red Ophelia\Reinhardt. Feels so good

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017

ePQNYbu.jpg

I'm happy for you getting a happy ending but fuck, as someone who put in 600 orbs trying and failing to get Tibarn, that depresses me... Guess I should just pay up next time huh?

Doing Chain Challenges using Celica with refined Ragnarok is insane. She just nukes everything. Basically Red Ophelia\Reinhardt. Feels so good

Yes, she is insane at times. I just wish my Celica was +ATK lol

Oct 25, 2017
Mine isn't +Atk either, which just shows how "broken" this refine was. Did you build her? I'm curious to see if people build her with triple Brazen or Fury/Double Brazen. I've seen that the combo of Fury/Brazen let's her enter the Brazen/Desperation threshold after a single combat where with triple Brazen she needs two rounds of combat.

Oct 25, 2017
What do you people think of a Cipher OC's or TMS banner on FeH? I remember a developer turning down TMS(He did a dumb excuse but probably there's more than that? Or not?) But i think a Cipher is not that farfetched.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Jims, does your Helbindi tank Blazing Wind Ophelia?

Was bored (and also curious) so i made a calc using Jims build with a +1 -Spd / +Res Helbro against an unmerged Ophelia (+Atk / -Def) with the Blazing Wind build (LaD3, Special Spiral, no C-skill, no seal).

He survives with 2 HP, but if Ophelia has just a single point buff in Atk he's toast. Calcs were made with Blazing Wind ready, as most teams tend to work towards her having the special ready on turn 1.

E: DD seal instead of QR seal on Helbro doesn't change that much. Survives without buffs on Ophelia's Atk, toast starting with 4 point buff to Atk.

Basically ... hope she doesn't also have an Atk wave skill. ^^

Last edited:

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Mine isn't +Atk either, which just shows how "broken" this refine was. Did you build her? I'm curious to see if people build her with triple Brazen or Fury/Double Brazen. I've seen that the combo of Fury/Brazen let's her enter the Brazen/Desperation threshold after a single combat where with triple Brazen she needs two rounds of combat.

Nah, I just slapped on the old Death BLow 3 and Desperation 3. She even still has Spur Def 2 lmao, I need to fix that... I'd love to give her Brazen ATK/SPD actually and I have a spare Linus or two lying around.

What do you people think of a Cipher OC's or TMS banner on FeH? I remember a developer turning down TMS(He did a dumb excuse but probably there's more than that? Or not?) But i think a Cipher is not that farfetched.

I'd love to see the ones featured in Echoes and though I know little about them, the Alice / Valjean combo seems fun. I think It'll be a while until they're considered though a possible appearence in Three Houses DLC would improve their chances.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Was bored (and also curious) so i made a calc using Jims build with a +1 -Spd / +Res Helbro against an unmerged Ophelia (+Atk / -Def) with the Blazing Wind build (LaD3, Special Spiral, no C-skill, no seal).

He survives with 2 HP, but if Ophelia has just a single point buff in Atk he's toast. Calcs were made with Blazing Wind ready, as most teams tend to work towards her having the special ready on turn 1.

E: DD seal instead of QR seal on Helbro doesn't change that much. Survives without buffs on Ophelia's Atk, toast starting with 4 point buff to Atk.

Basically ... hope she doesn't also have an Atk wave skill. ^^

Yeah, the Ophelia/Helbro matchup appears to be really close, depending on the individual buffs. I played around with the stat calculator and it swung back and forth really easily, depending on little things you add. If +0 Ophelia had LnD3, +Atk boon, and was buffed with Attack Tactic (66 attack total), she does Blazing Wind for 42. If I kitted +0 Helbindi out with +Res boon, DD seal, and a +Res weapon (let's say Slaying Axe), she still does an additional 9 pts of damage for 51, just barely over his 49 HP. This is obviously one of the worst case scenarios, though. If Helbindi gets his +4 weapon buff or +6 Res Tactic buff, he does considerably better, even without the DD seal. He wins all of those matchups with +4/+6, even with no DD. Basically, against 66 ATK, you need to get to 42 RES total (with buffs). Against 60 ATK, you have to get to 36 RES. It's kind of ridiculous that you still have to kit out an entire +RES weapon/boon just to beat blue Ophelia.

I think I'm going to merge into my +RES/-ATK version come February because it seems like his Distant Counter kit needs to be played at range, needs to kill mages. I was thinking about how a DC Infantry Axe unit has such a disadvantage compared to armors and dragons in some ways, since they can't run the Fighter skills or have access to Lightning Breath (and free up the A-skill). Were you still thinking about building Garon, Westlo? At least, since he's a dragon, you'd have more build varieties than DC Helbindi.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It basically comes down to who get's more support from the team and/or has more merges. Oh and that DB 3 seal we talked about yesterday (which turned out to be Darting Blow) best stays away for some time still, there's a moment where Ophelia become pure overkill. ^^

Always said that green and blue infantry needs some more units, or 5* exclusive ones need to drop so that it's easier to merge them up and make them viable again.

Problem with Garon is that he sadly has WTA disadvantage for some of the most annoying mages, who just happen to be blue.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see both. I can see Cipher OCs coming before TMS, some are even from Askr.

I think they could do fun stuff with TMS units.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
No to TMS. I want to forget that existed. Anyway, we didn't even get the OCs from Fire Emblem Warriors so I wouldn't hold my breath for a banner from spin-off games. Much less if the spin-off bombed so hard that not even otakus bought it.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the TMS heroes should all be dancers/singers ... i mean, they're all idols in their game, right? ^^

Oct 25, 2017
So far this AR season I've had two raiders surrender early. Once after my team defeated one unit and was on the verge of taking out another, and once after the offense triggered exactly one trap on the second turn, zero foes defeated.
I guess escape ladders are putting in work. Anybody else seeing this?

Oh, and a TMS banner would bankrupt me. But I'm completely biased, and it's never going to happen so I will remain a F2P player.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Please no dancers, I hate dancers, ok I don't hate melee dancers, but ranged dancers need to die

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think only two of the idols had ranged heroes as mirages ... Tharja and Virion. The others were all melee with Chrom, Draug, Cain, Caeda and Navarre.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
My hearts:

1 core (merged, 5*)
2 train (EXP/SP grind)
3 fodder
4 support (healers, dancers, and valor)
5 merge (for projects)
6 manuals (extra work to tag and then un-tag, batch select when)
7 arena (Askr trio, Fjorm, Eir)
8 free (GHB/TT)

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
1) "Keepers" - 5* units

3) "Mergers" - 4*something units with good IVs that will absorb a 5 when I promote them (12 left)

6) "Eventually" - Gen 1 units that I'll unlock the confession for once the 3s are done

8) "F2P BTW" - neutral units in case I really get stuck or decide to use PM1 strats to beat Abyssals at some point

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I might try to approach CYL3 with Farfetched Heroes as a goal. I've been looking at characters that scored well but aren't in the game.

I might focus on Nils, though I still want powercreep queen Niime to be a thing.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
I might try to approach CYL3 with Farfetched Heroes as a goal. I've been looking at characters that scored well but aren't in the game.

I might focus on Nils, though I still want powercreep queen Niime to be a thing.

That's how I've been doing it since CYL1 - only units not yet in the game. Luckily a lot of my favourites have been added in the past year but there's always more waiting for their chance! I can't believe we still don't have Jill and Haar... and with the Laguz banner just gone, it'll still be a while I fear.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
That's how I've been doing it since CYL1 - only units not yet in the game. Luckily a lot of my favourites have been added in the past year but there's always more waiting for their chance! I can't believe we still don't have Jill and Haar... and with the Laguz banner just gone, it'll still be a while I fear.
I imagine they might be on the next Radiant banner, which may be sooner than we think.

We will probably get Fates beasts as the next beast units since they're easily the most wanted unit based on CYL results. Conveniently Kaden and Keaton could both qualify as GHBs, though I think that's less likely. I can see Ranulf and Lethe coming before Panne, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Haar and Jill with them.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Lex, Altena, and/or Ced will be my CYL choices, aiming fir far-fetched heroes. I'll need to check if FE4 or FE5 Ced did better because Naga forbid we pool characters appearing over multiple entries.

Tbh, it's rare I care much for the popular characters. Like kudos for people who want Marth to win, but I do like seeing underdogs get representation more.

I also want Niime. Best shaman or bust.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Anybody uses female Grima around here? What would you say is the best boon? I have 4 or 5 copies with bad banes but the February update will fix that. I think I have ATK, DEF, and RES boons.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody uses female Grima around here? What would you say is the best boon? I have 4 or 5 copies with bad banes but the February update will fix that. I think I have ATK, DEF, and RES boons.

She's the keystone of my main team. I run +Atk/-Res as she needs the extra killing power, and that bane will be gone next month anyway as she's currently +3. As a dragon unit she's middling, as a flying unit she's got a great enemy phase which helps her stand out.

I run her with Dragonskin, Vantage, Atk Smoke and the Atk/Def +2 seal, and try to make sure she has at least a Fortify buff on her too.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
She's the keystone of my main team. I run +Atk/-Res as she needs the extra killing power, and that bane will be gone next month anyway as she's currently +3. As a dragon unit she's middling, as a flying unit she's got a great enemy phase which helps her stand out.

I run her with Dragonskin, Vantage, Atk Smoke and the Atk/Def +2 seal, and try to make sure she has at least a Fortify buff on her too.
The only one I have at level 40 has those IVs. I might just use her as the base for merging, then.
I was thinking: Bonfire, Dragonskin, QR3, Res Smoke, and Distant Def 3 seal or maybe one of the Bonds.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
The only one I have at level 40 has those IVs. I might just use her as the base for merging, then.
I was thinking: Bonfire, Dragonskin, QR3, Res Smoke, and Distant Def 3 seal or maybe one of the Bonds.

DD3 is a good shout on her if you're worried about mages, can definitely see the bond seals working as well. Would say Brazen Atk/Res is worth a shot despite it clashing with QR for activation thresholds.

Depending on your team comp she might be fast enough to double most other units, so you may not need QR3 in her B slot. Found that her getting the drop first with Vantage usually does the job, especially squishier enemies like ranged units.

Res Smoke is... Okay if your team is magic based, but found Atk Smoke keeps her and everyone else alive for longer with the team I run. Didn't think it worked all that great as an enemy phase unit. Buff wise my team has:

Flyzura: Hagiota, Hone Fliers, Fortify Def seal
Cordelia: Fortify Fliers, Support buffs
Elincia: Goad Fliers, Drive Spd seal

So things get stacked pretty quick, and with fliers it's easy to get units into position! But even a little boost does wonders for her.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
DD3 is a good shout on her if you're worried about mages, can definitely see the bond seals working as well. Would say Brazen Atk/Res is worth a shot despite it clashing with QR for activation thresholds.

Depending on your team comp she might be fast enough to double most other units, so you may not need QR3 in her B slot. Found that her getting the drop first with Vantage usually does the job, especially squishier enemies like ranged units.

Res Smoke is... Okay if your team is magic based, but found Atk Smoke keeps her and everyone else alive for longer with the team I run. Didn't think it worked all that great as an enemy phase unit. Buff wise my team has:

Flyzura: Hagiota, Hone Fliers, Fortify Def seal
Cordelia: Fortify Fliers, Support buffs
Elincia: Goad Fliers, Drive Spd seal

So things get stacked pretty quick, and with fliers it's easy to get units into position! But even a little boost does wonders for her.

I'll probably use her for AR whenever is Earth season so she should get a little stat bonus from the mythic hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.