• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
My banner plan is to pull for Reyson, Leanne, and Tibarn, stopping on Tibarn after at least one.

Nailah looks good, but I don't care about her much, I need my birds.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Found Tibarn's base stats in the FE Wiki, his FEH stats seem to be some sort of mesh between his transformed PoR and RD stats. Atk like PoR, Spd between PoR (27) and RD (40), Def is 2 points higher than in RD (32) and much higher than in PoR (29), Res 2 points lower than in both RD and PoR.

Going by the RD stats, Nailah should have a similar spread as Tibarn, though fewer points in Atk and maybe Def, but more in Spd and Res.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
The 5* locked, powercrept skills don't bother me a whole lot. It's a gacha game, you either deal with meta shifts using the tools you have on hand (the "play smarter" approach), or trade orbs for the shiny new toy (if you're disciplined then you can do this for free, otherwise you pay for it).

I'd love to have Death Blow 4, Fortress Def/Res 4, Hone Atk 4, etc., but I don't, and it's OK. I'll get pitybroken by them some time in the future if I don't pull for them now. And if there are skills I never get, well, so be it.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to predict who will be on the next Mythic Banner, looks like:

Red: L Ike, L Eirika, Brave Celica
Blue: L Tiki, Ophelia
Green: L Lyn
Colorless: New Mythic Hero, Summer Linde

Up to two of the following Festival seasonals: Xander, Elincia, and Ryoma
Laegjarn could appear in place of Brave Celica.

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Spring Camilla, I brought her out of retirement and she's putting in work taking down a ton of Eirs in AR after giving her Daggerbreaker, not to mention tanking a Veronica or two. I'm actually getting to the point where I'm striking distance of T19 - and I'm not sure I want to get there. I don't know if I'm ready for six-unit defense teams.

I can see beasts being great in the hands of players, but being extremely unwieldy when controlled by the AI. The Increased move speed, the transformation conditions, etc. If you can anticipate the attacks, you can do well against a beast team. It'd just be harder to tank a hit from a shifted Tibarn with Death Blow 3 / Armored Blow 5 / Follow-up Prevention.

We're not changing the title to Beast Breeding Simulator, are we? That'd raise an eyebrow or two.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
You're completely missing the point. No one wants to be forced to use a flying team with the Whitewing sisters to keep up with the powercreep.

What sucks is that they keep releasing powercreep skills and locking them behind 5* heroes. I simply want to give new fun tools to the heroes I've dedicated on building but that's impossible unless I'm extraordinarily lucky or spend money.

Since August we've gotten the following new skills:
  • Death Blow 4.
  • Special Fighter.
  • Special Spiral.
  • Upgraded Rallies (double Rally+ and Rally x/x +).
  • Solo skills: Atk/Res, Atk/Def, Atk/Spd.
  • Duel skills.
  • More Link skills.
  • Fortress Def/Res.
  • Blue Flame.
  • Null Follow-Up.
  • Steady Stance 4.
  • Sorcery Blade.
  • Upgraded Hones.
  • Sturdy Impact (assuming it's not a prf skill).
  • Null C-Disrupt.
All of these are 5* locked and some are even locked behind either a legendary or a seasonal hero. The 2 "Null" skills are particularly annoying since both are counters to skills that have defined the meta, yet aren't easily available. The days when IS would release skills like Deflect for free are long gone.

Yeah whatever happened to those Deflect seals? They seem to be the only seals that don't have an equivalent skill.

It's funny how those and Sigurd were basically released as a giant FU to Rein, then IS tried to powercreep him out of existence. Reinforcements? *laugh* Abyssal? *laugh* An alt that can double on EP? *laugh* Surtr? *chuckles*

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah whatever happened to those Deflect seals? They seem to be the only seals that don't have an equivalent skill.

It's funny how those and Sigurd were basically released as a giant FU to Rein, then IS tried to powercreep him out of existence. Reinforcements? *laugh* Abyssal? *laugh* An alt that can double on EP? *laugh* Surtr? *chuckles*
Yeah. Year 1 last half was basically "Hey, here's Reinhardt counter". Remember everyone going nuts that Sigurd could tank Reinhardt at time.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Reinhardt is so 2017, it's all about the Ophelia these days.

I've said this before but Eir is not ideal for dealing with any half decent team with Veronica. Veronica isn't threatening because she's a powerhouse or anything like that, but because she gives a free debuff+buff to her teammates, can't be retaliated for it, gets either danced or repo'd out of range and then you still gotta deal with her the following turn or things could escalate badly. Bonus points if she's also stacked with passive damage or Restore shenanigans. Tanking her is simple enough, it's what follows that's annoying to deal with.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oliver has saved nearly 1000 Heroic Grails to +10 himself and has purchased at least 1000 orbs for Reyson.

(I hope he gets pitybroken repeatedly by Brave Ike.)

Oct 25, 2017

I've said this before but Eir is not ideal for dealing with any half decent team with Veronica. Veronica isn't threatening because she's a powerhouse or anything like that, but because she gives a free debuff+buff to her teammates, can't be retaliated for it, gets either danced or repo'd out of range and then you still gotta deal with her the following turn or things could escalate badly. Bonus points if she's also stacked with passive damage or Restore shenanigans. Tanking her is simple enough, it's what follows that's annoying to deal with.
WCecilia is also free and is way better at dealing with just about any veronica team (And every veronica team for sure while shes still bonus)

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, putting Restore on her fucks the AI in AR defense and can easily crumble their offense when they waste a Dance and Repo on her when she doesn't advance.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Veronica has a big thing weighing her down in that everyone has least 1 Eir so during Light season the +res makes Veronica suicide most the time. Invest in a high res tank as magic damage is common in AR. High res Greens and Gronraven users do a lot of work covering common threats like Veronica Rein and Ophelia. Maybe its just me but Veronica's buff is usually pretty negligible to me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Do y'all think the update is happening tonight or tomorrow? I really want those new refines, and if the trailer drops early the update sometimes drops early and I want that book of thoron.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta admit, I'd been sticking with Nino/Nowi/P-Azura/B!Lyn has my AR core since I'm used to them and the former two are +10. But the Light Blessing quests made me switch to Caeda/Aversa (blessed)/B!Ninian/Cherche/Eir, and I'm finding a lot of consistency with them even on maps that don't favor fliers. Eir invalidates Veronica and can take on most mages. Cherche is a general murder machine, Aversa does her stuff, and Caeda helps fight armors and buff Eir's defenses. Shows how being flexible can really help.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't help that one can be summoned on the 3-4 stars pool while the other is a 5* locked and need 5* locked skills to build her Infinite special.
I've been running into Ophelia setups more frequently than Reinhardt these days, I shit you not. Some of them weren't running Special Spiral, granted, but a turn 1 AOE is still intimidating. I guess at higher tiers you're just more likely to run into people with more exclusive units.
WCecilia is also free and is way better at dealing with just about any veronica team (And every veronica team for sure while shes still bonus)
She's quite good but will be less effective once her season is over and everyone upgrades their defense forts. The fundamental issue is she still doesn't address people's annoyance with Veronica which is the fact that she's untouchable on Enemy Phase. The reason a lot of the playerbase is tired of her is likely due to her sheer prevalence in AR. She can be played around but requires a specific type of approach. She's a boring unit to plan around moreso than a difficult one which is why Nailah's skill is so tempting. If it was more widespread maybe people would be forced to actually try more diverse things with their defenses.
Nah, putting Restore on her fucks the AI in AR defense and can easily crumble their offense when they waste a Dance and Repo on her when she doesn't advance.
It can also keep her from overreaching which makes it more difficult to kill her on player phase. Restore shenanigans can be tricky to deal with due to how difficult it is to predict how the AI will react, but thankfully not a lot of people set it up properly.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been running into Ophelia setups more frequently than Reinhardt these days, I shit you not. Some of them weren't running Special Spiral, granted, but a turn 1 AOE is still intimidating. I guess at higher tiers you're just more likely to run into people with more exclusive units.
I see. I've yet to encounter a single Ophelia setup on AR, but with how much she is talked, she might be quite prevalent. I'm still building mine(Have her since release but didn't dedicated time to build). My only grief is Missiletain being only around magical users. If wasn't for that, would be running her with Ylgr to take advantage of her Sorcery Blade.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
New refines up.

Looking up someone's tweet.

Seliph's does not look good at all apart from the bond effect refine. Base effect is just miracle lol.

Tailtui no longer has a Blade tome, rather it's a Wrath tome with Darting Blow 3 as its effect refine.

Deirdre's effect refine:

"At start of combat, if unit's res is greater than or equal to foe's res +3, grants plus 3 to all stats during combat."

Julia's effect refine looks to be great one:

"In combat against dragon foe, disables foe's skills that 'calculate damage using the lowering foe's Def or Res' or 'calculate damage from staff like other weapons,' and unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range."

Last edited:

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Naesala's neutral art is out.
yjdr8jbu6j921.png

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Sturdy Impact is restricted to infantry and fliers, so no need to worry about new scary Rein or H!Jakob strats.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Woah, Julia and Deidre got some real hot refinements. Seliph with the refinement can get so freaking annoying, Miracle without cooldown. Tailtiu ... dunno, but from what i read about her on the FE Wiki, it seems that this new weapon and refinement put her closer to how she was in the SNES game.

Julia is the best though, Mystic Boost effect and Close Counter, she might now be the best green mage for AR even, outside of handling bow units.

I might just have to drop the Divine Dew for her at least.

E: Oh shit missed Naesala's skills ... is .... is that ... Swift Sparrow at 4* on a F2P unit that's soon guaranteed summonable with a farmable currency? *Homer_Simpson_Drool.gif*

Also that means for a possible mass demotion next month that even units with such skills will be viable to drop. Good times.

E2: Ah no, i was too quick, he has Guard 3 at 4* and Swift Sparrow is still locked to his 5* promotion ... still, guaranteed Swift Sparrow fodder, by Naga.

E3:

Looked at the datamined stats, Nailah sure has a little less Atk than i hoped she would have, but like i said, less Atk and a bit less Def but much more Spd and more Res (still bad). But Naesala has a real good statline for a free unit.
Reyson has similar stats to him, so i still think he's likely to be demoted.

Sturdy Impact is restricted to infantry and fliers, so no need to worry about new scary Rein or H!Jakob strats.

See, i told you it's going to have restrictions if it's inheritable. That is one heck of an improvement for fliers especially. I'm almost willing giving it to my high merged Laegjarn.

It might also be the new best A-skill for Nephenee, think about it.

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Everyone complaining about how broken Reinhardt and Jakob were going to be... and IS lock it from them.... LUL.

Would be a good skill for Est and Cherche though... but DB3 will have the same result, no need for a boosted defense if the enemy can't attack back due to being dead.

You're completely missing the point. No one wants to be forced to use a flying team with the Whitewing sisters to keep up with the powercreep.

Keep up with powercreep? I'm sorry but a blue flier gibbing top tier green armors without even a using a special (ignis bomb was the go too break the triangle move) isn't keeping up with power creep, it's way beyond that.

What sucks is that they keep releasing powercreep skills and locking them behind 5* heroes. I simply want to give new fun tools to the heroes I've dedicated on building but that's impossible unless I'm extraordinarily lucky or spend money.

I'm confused... why wouldn't they lock new premium skills behind new units? It makes perfect business sense and really you don't even need these skills. I've got a lot of the skills you mentioned and I'll probably never fodder them off because I don't need to.

And please, lets not act like these skills don't eventually trickle down except the real premium ones.

Smokes and ploys a long time ago, tactic, brazens and drives later, bonds and chills now and coming soon Swift Sparrow & Wave skills. (Next TT reward is odd or even defense wave)

You listed Solo & Link skills, what do you think is going to happen to them? Lets look @ all the recent free units...

Naesala - Swift Sparrow
Largjarn - Chill Res, Chill Atk lance, Def Tactic
Cecilia - Atk/Res Bond
Y!Azura - Spd/Res Bond
Gharnef - Chill Atk
Aversa - Odd Res Wave
H!Dorcas - Sturdy Stance 2, Guard Axe
Ethlyn - Spd/Def Bond
Garon - Distant Defense & Panic Ploy
Jamke - Heavy Blade & Cancel Affinity
Walhart - Chill Def
Linus - Brazen Atk/Spd & Drive Def

It's only a matter of time before those skills and ones like Def Feint, Atk/Spd Push etc are available from either a free unit or a TT seal.

Do I really have to give a shit that I can't give my Cherche a glorified Death Blow 3?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
What's funny is that so many gen 1 units are also great hard counters for these gen 3 stat/skill heroes. ^^

Problem with Surtr? Well gotta give it to good old ATiki to handle this. Tibarn, the great hawk-king of Phoenicis, trembles when two certain blue gen 1 dragons just look in his direction. Nailah? Pff wall her with Sheena with some special proc delaying. These pesky green and blue armoured dragons, oh look, let me introduce you to Julia.

I'm still more afraid of a Reinhardt with a dancer than i am of a team of these powercreep units. ^^

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
So next set of Tempest Trials seals leaked a while ago.

Fire Boost, Brazen Atk/Def, Even Defense Wave.

the set after has been data mined thanks to HertzDevil.

Aerobatics, Darting Blow, Torrent Dance

Time to actually try in AA again, and yeah Death Blow seal is a possibility now....

Aerobatics... Flying Nino is just being dismantled and given away for free! Naesala has a physical Giga Excalibur and now the skill she introduced is going to be a seal.

Trying to predict who will be on the next Mythic Banner, looks like:

Red: L Ike, L Eirika, Brave Celica
Blue: L Tiki, Ophelia
Green: L Lyn
Colorless: New Mythic Hero, Summer Linde

Up to two of the following Festival seasonals: Xander, Elincia, and Ryoma
Laegjarn could appear in place of Brave Celica.

Summer Micaiah is also a strong chance.

L!Ike, L!Eirika & B!Celica is like an amazing fodder selection... Warding Breath, Atk/Spd Solo and Death Blow 4..... not saying pull for skills but that's some damn good consolation prizes if you're not interested in merging those characters up.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Deirdre with Divine Naga, Mirror Strike, Chill Res and iceberg is no joke. She shrugs off dragons and mages alike without even a second thought.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Micadance has saved my ass couple of times in AR due to her insane Atk and Res for a dancer and her effectiveness against cav and armor.

I'd say she's very viable to be kept and built. If her weapon ever gets some refinement that's just simply ignoring buffs from enemy cav/armors, she's nearly broken as a support in teams.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had to upgrade my Julia to this new DC Naga version, need to test her out. Going to need buffs to get her speed up though

Oct 25, 2017
Just woke up and holy shit! Free Swift Sparrow and it's a superb free unit on top. Nailah is quite fast as i thought. Seliph refine is terrible. He needs way more than Miracle to be actually useable. Julia, Deirdre and Taiultiu got great refines.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Has anyone else had trouble seeing the update yet? I'm on iOS in the UK, I know they've had trouble rolling it out simultaneously before.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else had trouble seeing the update yet? I'm on iOS in the UK, I know they've had trouble rolling it out simultaneously before.

I wasn't forced to update like normal when opening the app. I searched in the iOS store and could see it was available there so I applied the update manually (I'm in the UK as well).

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017

One part of the morning routine for me is: Turn on smartphone (Android though), hit Play Store icon, check for updates. I think the only updates i've ever missed were some hotfixes that were pushed well into the European midday.

But i sure like to know what's with iOS and the update problems with FEH.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I wasn't forced to update like normal when opening the app. I searched in the iOS store and could see it was available there so I applied the update manually (I'm in the UK as well).
Ah, lovely, thanks!

Bonejack
It's appeared now, presumably late morning here (which roughly lines up for when I remember it being late in past). Maybe a timezone thing?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Btw.: In case you didn't notice until now, you can upgrade your Aether Fountain. Do it. Managed to do it minutes before the daily reset and already had the 70 Aether refill for today.

Ah, lovely, thanks!

Bonejack
It's appeared now, presumably late morning here (which roughly lines up for when I remember it being late in past). Maybe a timezone thing?

Going by the first post from you about the update, you're in the UK, right? I wouldn't call 12.15 p.m. late morning, or do you mean where Apple is based? That shouldn't be an issue either, seeing how Google is US based too, and i think that Apple also has branches and server-infrastructure over here in Europe.

Only thing i can think of might be certification procedures that take longer for iOS apps? Strange thing.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Btw.: In case you didn't notice until now, you can upgrade your Aether Fountain. Do it. Managed to do it minutes before the daily reset and already had the 70 Aether refill for today.

Going by the first post from you about the update, you're in the UK, right? I wouldn't call 12.15 p.m. late morning, or do you mean where Apple is based? That shouldn't be an issue either, seeing how Google is US based too, and i think that Apple also has branches and server-infrastructure over here in Europe.

Only thing i can think of might be certification procedures that take longer for iOS apps? Strange thing.
Yeah, very strange indeed! Thanks for the reminder on the aether fountain, definitely prioritising that for an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.