• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
Deirdre or Julias weapon update? i can't decide which one to do first. Both are two of my favorite characters but i only have enough divine dew for one of them.

Do we know if it is still light season next week? If everything goes well i am about to reach rank 19 in AR but i might just miss it by a few points.

Oct 25, 2017
Deirdre or Julias weapon update? i can't decide which one to do first. Both are two of my favorite characters but i only have enough divine dew for one of them.

Do we know if it is still light season next week? If everything goes well i am about to reach rank 19 in AR but i might just miss it by a few points.
Both received differents refine with differently uses. But Julia is the clear winner here, as her refine is amazing and she also can use her mother refine, opening the playstyle and building options for her.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Still deciding who to pull for tomorrow, I like the look of all of those beast units but only have 200 orbs stockpiled.

Leaning towards Nailah, the distant counter combined with firesweep/dazzle shutdown offers something I don't already have and addresses a build that can be annoying for me to fight against, whereas I've got several hardhitting red melee units and built dancers.

Oct 25, 2017
Naesala is too good of F2P unit. I'm thinking on only using the tickets for this banner. Even tough i lack DC fodder and Null Dazzling staff is a good skill. Welp, hopefully Reyson demotes, so i can +10 him.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to the Whitewings, I've finally run out of resources to just go and refine whatever I want, so I can either refine Deirdre or Tailtiu, but not both. (Wish I had a Julia, but alas.)

In other good news, plenty of excellent F2P-friendly choices for arena bonuses coming up!

cUSQNZ0.jpg

Athena, Beruka, and Niles are all pretty good. Not sure which one I'll end up building.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Have we got an idea of Naesala's skill set yet? I'd guess like Tibarn but more speed, less bulk?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Have we got an idea of Naesala's skill set yet? I'd guess like Tibarn but more speed, less bulk?

Yeah they have been datamined with the rest this morning. Dude has similar stats to Reyson, if Reyson had an Atk, Spd and Res boon at the same time. ^^

Really, same Atk as +Atk Reyson, one more Spd than +Spd Reyson, same Def as neutral Reyson and same Res as +Res Reyson.

Basically:

Weapon with Flier Nino's weapon passive (70% of Spd difference added to dmg), 3 tile movement and +2 Atk
Swift Sparrow (2 at 5*)
Guard 3 (4*)
Special: Blazing Wind

Or more detailed here: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Naesala:_Sky's_Shadow

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Thanks all. Seems a pretty reasonable take on him v Tibarn in Radiant Dawn. Like a sort of flying swordmaster.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they have been datamined with the rest this morning. Dude has similar stats to Reyson, if Reyson had an Atk, Spd and Res boon at the same time. ^^

Really, same Atk as +Atk Reyson, one more Spd than +Spd Reyson, same Def as neutral Reyson and same Res as +Res Reyson.

Basically:

Weapon with Flier Nino's weapon passive (70% of Spd difference added to dmg), 3 tile movement and +2 Atk
Swift Sparrow (2 at 5*)
Guard 3 (4*)
Special: Blazing Wind

Or more detailed here: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Naesala:_Sky's_Shadow
Yep. Literally insane for a free unit. Reminds me of when BK was released for free. His weapon has a nice combo with Phantom Speed, so i will refine the seal.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Okay, so let's talk about Deirdre. I'll be summoning her alongside Julia when the new power banner inevitably drops.

I'm wondering what y'all think of def/res fortress on Deirdre? It raises her res by +6 along her to more reliably ploy and secure spectrum blow/stance, at the cost of 2 atk. I'm not sure if any other A skill "sticks out" as better and I have a Kliff I have no idea what to do with.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, so let's talk about Deirdre. I'll be summoning her alongside Julia when the new power banner inevitably drops.

I'm wondering what y'all think of def/res fortress on Deirdre? It raises her res by +6 along her to more reliably ploy and secure spectrum blow/stance, at the cost of 2 atk. I'm not sure if any other A skill "sticks out" as better and I have a Kliff I have no idea what to do with.
Wouldn't that be better on Julia? She has Close Counter against dragons.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
And don't forget, in about a month, Naesala get's sweet additional 3 stat point bonus in his highest stats when being merged the first time.

Seliph got done dirty, guess it's time to wait for a Divine Tyrfing refine... Or Mythic Seliph lol
Also, the Aether Fountain upgrade isn't showing up for me at all.

Seliph can now get really annoying in AR, for what it's worth. Remember that this Miracle effect doesn't have a 5 turn cooldown on it like the special.

Aether Fountain upgrade should be at the bottom of the build window. The last entry, next to the Aether Amphorae upgrades if you didn't build those already.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Seliph got done dirty, guess it's time to wait for a Divine Tyrfing refine... Or Mythic Seliph lol
Deirdre looks really good for general use while Julia became a delete dragons button. I could invest on mine but I don't really have any issues with dragons.
I do have a perfect IV Tailtiu and her new refine puts her pretty much on par with Ishtar so I might show her some love.

Also, the Aether Fountain upgrade isn't showing up for me at all.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Tailtiu with the Darting refine seems like a monster if she gets in the 75% threshold. At +10 with a Speed boon, L&D3, and the Spd+3 seal, she can hit 56 Spd on initiation, more than enough to double with Desperation. Or put Special Spiral in the B slot and an AoE special and she could turn into budget Ophelia (with a bit of setup).

EDIT: https://v.redd.it/vnv6tvtz6j921

Last edited:

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
It's at the very bottom of the list.
Aether Fountain upgrade should be at the bottom of the build window. The last entry, next to the Aether Amphorae upgrades if you didn't build those already.
This is as far down as it goes, it just isn't there D:
Guess I'm stuck with a level 1 fountain. My two defense replays of the day are also broken. Compensation orbs when IS :P

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is as far down as it goes, it just isn't there D:

Guess I'm stuck with a level 1 fountain. My two defense replays of the day are also broken. Compensation orbs when IS :P

Did your game recognize the update? On the title screen, does it shows the newest version (3.1.0)?

Usually, the game does not auto-update, you have to do it manually

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
That's weird, did you download the update from whatever app store you use?
Did your game recognize the update? On the title screen, does it shows the newest version (3.1.0)?

Usually, the game does not auto-update, you have to do it manually
Weird, it generally either updates automatically or informs me I need to update my game but this time it didn't warn me so I had to do it manually. The problem is solved now, thanks guys!

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'm slightly confused about Divine Naga's effect.

Suppose Deirdre has 35 res and has mirror strike (+4 Atk/res in PP) as her A skill. If she goes into battle. Assuming no other buffs matter, does the opponent need 36 res minimum (I.e. 3 less than Deirdre's base res plus mirror strike) to trigger her spectrum blow or 32 res minimum (i.e. 3 less res than Deirdre's base effect).

Basically, at what point does the resistance check happen and what contributes to that resistance check?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm slightly confused about Divine Naga's effect.

Suppose Deirdre has 35 res and has mirror strike (+4 Atk/res in PP) as her A skill. If she goes into battle. Assuming no other buffs matter, does the opponent need 36 res minimum (I.e. 3 less than Deirdre's base res plus mirror strike) to trigger her spectrum blow or 32 res minimum (i.e. 3 less res than Deirdre's base effect).

Basically, at what point does the resistance check happen and what contributes to that resistance check?
combat checks happen after combat buffs, Suchas your example, or Death Blow with Heavy Blade works just fine.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda like Seliph's new ability the best. I am probably being biased and have a soft spot for him (since he was one of my first 5* units), I just really like unique abilities that aren't just special cooldowns or throwing more stat numbers at things.

The problem is that his statline makes it kind of weird for him to abuse his Uber Miracle effect. Opponents constantly doubling him are going to become a problem after his first round of combat. A +DEF Seliph gets 33 DEF naturally, which goes to 38 when bonded. You could do some combination of the Atk/Def bond seal and some beefy A-skill to get him in the high 40s-low 50s range on enemy phase. If he is going to have some kind of staying/walling presence, he would need some combination of a healing special (Aether + Steady Breath?), Renewal B-skill, or Mythic Boost (if you want him to fight dragons). It's just getting his HP back up past that 50% threshold that is difficult. Having an ally with Mythic Boost would also be okay for him, getting 10 HP back after getting Miracled. Mythic Boost seems to be the key skill to getting good use out of his refine. He could be okay against armors who are similarly slow. He would just need Null Follow-up or something to stop Bolds.

He has a pretty good amount of attack (although nothing special) these days, so you could do a short-term Miracle -> 1 HP -> Brash/Desperation doubles.

Doubtful right now that I am going to take the plunge on his refine (a lot of his builds are very expensive), but he's kind of a cool unit now. More refines like this one please.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
What build will take advantage of Julia's new refine? Right now, I just have Fury and Green Tomebreaker.

My first theorycraft would be:
Mirror Stance 3 and/or Atk/res bond is a great options for A. QR3 on B or S is probably necessary; if QR isn't in B go with guard 3 on B because dragons love aether or a tomebreaker because why not. A ploy is best for C but otherwise whatever helps her teammates (I'd recommend attack or res ploy). Put a ploy in S if not QR3; close def 3 works too. Special will probably be iceberg (glacies if no iceberg).

She exists to check dragons. This build has high feather or grail investment (e g. Mirror Stance comes from 5* Silvia or 4* Gharnef). Oliver and Julius have attack ploy at 5*, but again, her C skill is mostly filler so it's fine to skip. QR is non negotiable, but QR2 is probably fine.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Mirror Stance 3 and/or Atk/res bond is a great options for A. QR3 on B or S is probably necessary; if QR isn't in B go with guard 3 on B because dragons love aether or a tomebreaker because why not. A ploy is best for C but otherwise whatever helps her teammates (I'd recommend attack or res ploy). Put a ploy in S if not QR3; close def 3 works too. Special will probably be iceberg (glacies if no iceberg).

She exists to check dragons. This build has high feather or grail investment (e g. Mirror Stance comes from 5* Silvia or 4* Gharnef). Oliver and Julius have attack ploy at 5*, but again, her C skill is mostly filler so it's fine to skip. QR is non negotiable, but QR2 is probably fine.
The build I've been trying her out with today is:
Refined Naga
Iceberg
Mirror Stance 2
Quick Riposte 3
Spd Ploy (a leftover from when I wanted to turn her into Deirdre because I have merges on Julia, will probably replace with Res Ploy or something else at some point)
Seal: Close Defense

Came up against a dragon team with Halloween Myrrh in arena assault so I just walked her into their range and she solo'd the team.

Nov 7, 2017
Thanks for the answer. I'd like to see what the Gamepedia f

Thanks for the response. Those options make sense. I wish had extra QR seals to go around.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
What build will take advantage of Julia's new refine? Right now, I just have Fury and Green Tomebreaker.
I think it depends on what you want to do with her. I like Julia, but she's definitely becoming more specialized as a dragon killer. Fury + G Tomebreaker was more of an all purpose build that let her fight the odd green mage (usually Nino) in arena. With the higher unit counts in AR, I think it's probably easier to make her specialize in dragon killing because you can have another unit to cover things that she isn't built to do.

Her attack is high enough to oneshot many dragons, so maybe something like Fury + Vantage + Fierce Stance seal? Or maybe use stance/bond skills+QR since it's easy to park her next to a friendly unit when using her as bait.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if Duel skills disregard any value added by merges on the Arena calculation? Was planning fodder a -Atk Laegjarn but reading the skills gave me that doubt.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
The BST used for arena score calculation, duel skill or not, only uses BST of the unmerged version of that unit with same IV.

Merges factor into arena scoring, but are a separate term from BST.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I've been running into Ophelia setups more frequently than Reinhardt these days, I shit you not. Some of them weren't running Special Spiral, granted, but a turn 1 AOE is still intimidating. I guess at higher tiers you're just more likely to run into people with more exclusive units.
I might be able to hit T19 this season, and I can vouch for this. I definitely see Ophelia more than I see Rein these days. The most dangerous attack units I see these days are Ophelia and merged Micaiahs. Usually backed with LAzura, naturally. And a Surtr in a corner, because seemingly everyone puts Surtr in a corner now.

I can bait Rein without worrying much these days. I'm not even going to try to bait Ophelia.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be AR Tier 19 tomorrow, and most of my matches this week have been oddly simplistic. Veronica/Rein/B!Lyn with a dancer or two, maybe a Surtr or a couple of armored dragons. My F!Robin (not Grima) solos half the team to start out with, and then I clean up with Eir and Armorsmasher Hana. I had much more difficult matches last week for whatever reason.

My defense team has been so successful that I feel like a sixth defense unit will be overkill, but I'm planning to add L!Lucina for extra luls.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking they'd do Hero Fest or something for the 2nd Year Anniversary and that's what the February 7th banner is, but I feel like that is probably Valentine's Day 2, right? I wonder what the banner on 01/22 will be? Clearly something Tempest Trials related.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Could be some combo of Selkie/Kaden/Keaton/Panne? Maybe Yarne or someone as the Tempest Trial reward.

Would they really do an all-beast month for January? I feel like that would be too much in a row. Especially if all the TT bonus units were the 8 beasts. Would think they would save Selkie and Kaden for later.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. Wasn't planning on summoning on the beast banner anyway, but having 2 special banners coming up will pretty much kill any temptation I might've had to try getting Nailah.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Could be some combo of Selkie/Kaden/Keaton/Panne? Maybe Yarne or someone as the Tempest Trial reward.

Would they really do an all-beast month for January? I feel like that would be too much in a row. Especially if all the TT bonus units were the 8 beasts. Would think they would save Selkie and Kaden for later.
Doubtful. An all fates beast banner would be a New Heroes banner, not special heroes. Special heroes are more for fun atls like summer outfits, valentines, and that sort of thing. The only real exception is Performing Arts, which didn't really have anything to do with an ongoing holiday or season.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Special banner is Corrin, Camilla, and Azura wearing animal themed outfits with beast weapons.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Maybe they're bringing fallen heroes 2 out earlier? Or is that listed as a new heroes banner?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.