• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they're bringing fallen heroes 2 out earlier? Or is that listed as a new heroes banner?

Since fallen heroes were added to the regular pool, they would have been new heroes. Maybe there's two valentine's banners this year? There's not much else on big calendar events otherwise. Chinese New year, maybe?

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
-atk +hp Nailah, -def +hp Leanne in 65 orbs.

Very bittersweet. What am I supposed to do with a 42 atk Nailah? :/

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Leanne and a 2nd OG Ryoma with a good boon in my first ring of orbs alright alright alright.

Leanne's +Atk/-Spd though which isn't super great, but her weapon helps patch it a bit. Made another flying team for TT with NY!Fjorm that I might drop her into. Sorta regretting giving Palla Chill Def to fit in there but least I didn't spend the Dew on her yet! Will find a team for her later.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Two special heroes banners, in January and February? What? ... Just remembered, scratch the confusion about the February one, that's going to be the Valentine banner. But what's with the one end of this month?

Mythical hero should be one with the AR def bonus, expecting dark or anima. Maybe a legendary Micaiah? She has dark affinity, fits the Laguz theme somehow as a Branded and definitely fits the game the Laguz rulers are from. Can also be a colorless healer, since a new colorless hero is expected (i think).

Celebration is expected of course, hope for many free orbs, another mass demotion and i'm sure they'll do another CYL vote then.

Sooo ... banner. Was shit.

Had ~105 free orbs, got me a Tibarn (-Def / +HP) pulling blue and red, only blue afterwards got me a pity breaker Ylgr and, i kid you not, 5 Cordelias in a row. It was either Cordelia or Jagen and one MRobin ...

At least i now know what i don't like from the current pulling (outside of it being too orb expensive), it's that your color pools seem to be highly limited in terms of what you get, even for 3* and 4* units. If there was more variety ... like put in some FCorrin or a blue mage in between and don't just let me pull the same heroes en masse. I think blue and green suffer the most from this effect, and only a mass demotion can be a first step to fix this.

Might go for the special offer, it's been a while since i put some money in the game and i certainly could use the feathers. We'll see ... maybe the orbs from the chapter and the quests can net me a Nailah. The Def bane sucks somewhat for Tibarn, but at least it's not -Atk and Sturdy Impact somewhat undoes the bane.

Going to ignore green orbs, because i gamble with a demote of Reyson after the banner ends.

-spd +hp Tibarn in 120 orbs. I guess -spd is fine with him?

Yes and no. With a Spd boon and enough support he can reach rather good levels of Spd, enough to double a good amount of mid-range Spd and the slow heroes even without his weapon effect. But i think -Spd is ok too, with full health enemies he is going to double ignoring Spd, more HP makes him more sturdy, especially in combination with Sturdy Impact.

I think it's a good, useable IV set, if you ever manage to get another copy of him you could always merge him and undo the bane starting February. ^^

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
250 orbs spent and not a sniff of hide nor hair, fur or feather. I haven't been on 0 orbs for months, the last few banners have drained my reserves :D

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
I hope they don't only make another expensive orb pack with a few extras and call it celebration pack for the anniversary.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm ... 4 tickets only in Forging Bonds ... i know IS wants to make money, but two per hero wouldn't have been too much imo. And 10 grails per hero ... coooome on IS. That's 40 grails for the whole event.

E:

Chapter done ... spoilers from here on:

So, was the Sharena's death a red herring? Right now it's the Fonse who's marked for death more clearly than any cough from Fjorm ever was. Also, i think there's more to Gustav and Hel, if an encounter with her is always that dooming like it was for Alfonse.

About Hel, her chibi sprite looks great. Floating like FGrima and she also keeps her weapon afloat, similar to Ishtar.

Laguz in battle, no problem. Laguz in battle with Heron backup, pain in the arse.

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I'm done with this banner, sometimes you have to know when to give up.... anyway just 3 more summon tickets is all I'll use on this banner.

Gray - +def -hp
Lucina - +atk -spd
Celica - +def -spd
Flora - +spd -hp

Was pulling for blue, red and colorless evenly, surprisingly the hardest color to get a 5 star was the one that pity broke me all the time.

3rd Gray... I'll probably merge him up with my +atk -spd one next patch... hope he gets a killer refine down the line.

5th Lucina.... I've pulled +spd -res and +spd - hp but might go with +atk as my lead now that banes don't matter.

1st Celica, really hyped even with the shit IVs, good to know that if I get pity broken by her again at a minumum her speed will be fixed.

2nd Flora.. first one is +res -def so I'll probably keep that and maybe fodder....

Hmm ... 4 tickets only in Forging Bonds ... i know IS wants to make money, but two per hero wouldn't have been too much imo. And 10 grails per hero ... coooome on IS. That's 40 grails for the whole event.

We went from 48 orbs over the course of a year (assuming it runs once a month) to 480 grails and 48 summon tickets (worth 240 orbs)

Big improvement.

Celebration is expected of course, hope for many free orbs, another mass demotion and i'm sure they'll do another CYL vote then.

Don't forget that the first mass demotion was a few months after last years anniversary, so even if it does happen again it's not a lock to be next month.

Also they need to be careful how they do it, just straight demotes would be terrible, good luck ever getting essential fodder like Aether, Galeforce etc again. I'm starting to run low on Moonbow fodder myself... and as an example I have 20 Male Morgans.... so that should tell you how much I've pulled on red.

I've pulled a single Silas since he demoted, I've pulled 13 5 star exclusive blue characters since that time (late October?) without seeing him again.

Mass demotes would be awesome but will also have a lot of negatives if they are just dumped straight into the summoning pool as it stands.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
We went from 48 orbs over the course of a year (assuming it runs once a month) to 480 grails and 48 summon tickets (worth 240 orbs)

Big improvement.

Don't forget that the first mass demotion was a few months after last years anniversary, so even if it does happen again it's not a lock to be next month.

Also they need to be careful how they do it, just straight demotes would be terrible, good luck ever getting essential fodder like Aether, Galeforce etc again.

I've pulled a single Silas since he demoted, I've pulled 13 5 star exclusive blue characters since that time (late October?) without seeing him again.

Yeah, but the improvement could've been better. ;D

Less from the Training Tower crests would've been great too, it's not that long playing people have any drought of these and i think doing the monthly tower quests nets more than the few in Forging Bonds.

About pulling, talk about different "rare" 4* heroes. I have 15 4* Silas, 11 in book form, 4 as units with one being set for promotion (-Res / +Atk) and a pity breaker 5* one with bad IVs (-Atk / +Spd) that's either waiting to get merged off or for inheritance.

Only thing i haven't gotten in a while were Cordelias for Galeforce (changed today) and Hinatas, the latter is not that serious since Fury really dropped in desirability.

There's just some heroes that would make pulling for the colors better if they were available as 4* heroes. Amelia, Dorcas, Julia/Deirdre (let one stay 5* for the sake of it), FKana, Minerva, Rhajat, Sonya, Ephraim, Delthea, Hinoka, Linde, FMorgan, Tana/Sumia, Shiro ... these are some of those.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
About pulling, talk about different "rare" 4* heroes. I have 15 4* Silas, 11 in book form, 4 as units with one being set for promotion (-Res / +Atk) and a pity breaker 5* one with bad IVs (-Atk / +Spd) that's either waiting to get merged off or for inheritance.

Weird how it flows sometimes.... I didn't see a single Sothe for like 8 months... now I have 9 in book form, 8 in my barracks and 1 I sacked to Ophelia.

Silas is just weird... since I have like a +2 Shigure (one from his launch banner, 1 pity break 5 star, the other leveled up), 12 books and 4 in my barracks.

I have a +1 Tailtiu (pity breaker + 5 starred a +spd -def), 7 in my barracks, 10 books and I've killed her off like at least 10 times since she lets you get the double rally + drive spd

4-5 star blue units just like him and I just don't see him period except for that one time.

There's just some heroes that would make pulling for the colors better if they were available as 4* heroes. Amelia, Dorcas, Julia/Deirdre (let one stay 5* for the sake of it), FKana, Minerva, Rhajat, Sonya, Ephraim, Delthea, Hinoka, Linde, FMorgan, Tana/Sumia, Shiro ... these are some of those.

I agree that would be awesome, but unless they do something about the lack of fodder access it will also hurt.

I have more Flier Formation fodder than I do goad fliers atm....

Would like them to make the gen 1 units a permanent 3-4 star banner that you can free summon on once a day, would also be good if they replaced characters with newer ones who have the same fodder... characters that will never appear on a banner like Valke, Kellam or whoever. Keep the strong gen 1 units in the permanent pool I guess as well, like Hector, Alm, Celica etc.

Hopefully they do something.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, it just dawned to me ... there's no valor skill for beasts yet. Well ... ok not too bad seeing as most come with a pretty great full kit. But i hope by the time the lower Laguz drop there's some valor skill available.

Westlo How about a 1*-3* banner, where you summon with Arena Medals? The 3* (or maybe do 4*) are basically that banners 5* rate (3%), keep it up permanently, have one daily free summon and the the medals afterwards, and only offer units without a 5* version. Ok, wouldn't help with your Silas problem as he is 4*-5*, but for heroes like Chrom, Cordelia, Palla and so on, it would be useful.

E:

Well, screw this. Bought this months special orb pack, i'll allow IS these 10 bucks, and got the orbs from the chapter and it's quests and those really got me 2 Nailahs. This is the best luck i've had since Lewyns banner, ever since then it's either been mixed luck or just straight up bad. (Sorry for the brag.)

Good IVs even, a +Atk and a +Spd one, both -Def ... guess i'll have to keep my eye open for sky-falling anvils.

Sooo ... which one would you use?

Last edited:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Let me get this straight

They made two flying dancers that can make move like horses?

Before a dancing horse exists?

Honestly fuck off IS

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Let me get this straight

They made two flying dancers that can make move like horses?

Before a dancing horse exists?

Honestly fuck off IS

Ah come one Firemind, you know IS needs to keep one broken thing as a potential alt for Reinhardt. Expect belly-dancing Reinhardt and mount for the 2019 Performing Arts / Festival in Hoshido banner! ^^

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
First a Lucina, then Lene, then finally Nailah, and then green Olwen.

Well.. At least I got one Laguz

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017

E:

Chapter done ... spoilers from here on:

So, was the Sharena's death a red herring? Right now it's the Fonse who's marked for death more clearly than any cough from Fjorm ever was. Also, i think there's more to Gustav and Hel, if an encounter with her is always that dooming like it was for Alfonse.

About Hel, her chibi sprite looks great. Floating like FGrima and she also keeps her weapon afloat, similar to Ishtar.

Laguz in battle, no problem. Laguz in battle with Heron backup, pain in the arse.

Placing bets on

Eir being Fonz/Sharena's secret sister or generally related somehow.

To put more salt in the wound, horses can't inherit Sturdy Impact but fliers can?

That's racism

The designer that was really into armour units has been replaced by a designer that's really into flying units. Wait until the flyer exclusive A-Skill "Really Really Fast Bird" powercreeps Swift Sparrow.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
This was the big one for me. Spent the 600 orbs I was saving, mostly hoping for Tibarn. Unsurprisingly, I failed to find the Hawk King but I can hardly complain with the results:

2x Nailah (Kept +SPD / - RES, foddered the other to give my B!Ephraim DC)
3x Reyson (Merged once for next month's update, not sure what to do with the other for now)
1x Leanne
1x B!Veronica (This one made up for no Tibarn, the only Year 2 Brave hero I was missing and aruably the best one. I can finally run a degenerate AR team now!)
1x Silvia (My first one, more dancers are always good!)
1x Flora (First one)
1x L'Arachel (Not great but love the character so quite happy with this.)
1x Rhajat (will end up being Close Def fodder most likely)
1x Sanaki (meh)

Laughably, my sister managed to get FOUR Tibarns in only around 300 orbs... No sniping as well.

Samstrike

Oct 27, 2017
I also spent all my 600 orbs and got :

2x Nailah (first one had really bad bane -spd so I had to continue to pull blue)
1x Tibarn (+Spd/-Def so quite meh but at least I have him)
1x Lene (first one and it's a dancer so fine I guess)
1x Sanaki (already have her so meh)
1x Julia (already have her so meh)
1x Dorcas (already have him so meh
1x Mikoto (first one but I really don't care about her)

In the end I only got eight 5* in total, could only got 2 of the 4 new units (and one have meh Boon/Bane), and got pity broken 5 out 8 times. This was not a good day for me.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Was watching PM1s weapon refine review... plugged in his expensive as shit Seliph build (DC, Wrath) into mass duel sim....

Wow... that's pretty good....

Project Seliph (my last DC, 1 of my 3 Wraths) and Project Merric (last close counter) are what I'll work on the next couple of weeks, maybe finish off that Miracle Mystic Boost Ares as well.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
The designer that was really into armour units has been replaced by a designer that's really into flying units. Wait until the flyer exclusive A-Skill "Really Really Fast Bird" powercreeps Swift Sparrow.
It doesn't even make sense to exclude horses since they're not good arena units. Plus, BRoy was the first unit to introduce Sturdy Blow and now he can't even upgrade his own skill. Utter joke.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't even make sense to exclude horses since they're not good arena units. Plus, BRoy was the first unit to introduce Sturdy Blow and now he can't even upgrade his own skill. Utter joke.

They are, however excellent aether raids units. Arena isn't the only PvP mode. No thanks to the idea of units like L Ephraim , Exalt chrom running around with death blow that also gives extra defense and prevents follow ups and prevents follow up attacks.

I do think the skill should have been entirely exclusive to tibarns, but IS going after that extra money for people who would inherit it on to others, I guess.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

Arena?

There's this new mode that has horsies and flyers and mages and dancers and restore trap healers. (and armors during bonus week)

Arena is so 2k18.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I still say Sturdy Impact is now probably Nephenee's best A-skill to inhert. But not enough for me to go for additional Tibarns. ^^

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017

Was it not Steady blow (Spd/Def) he brought with him?

Don't get me wrong though, cavs could do with some new tools. It is a bit weird that they don't get the blow upgrades. Especially for the melee ones, as the general cav niche (3 movement) is now with other units, with better BSTs AND no movement restrictions whatsoever. Sure Rein, B!Lyn and B!Veronica are all still super strong, but that's 3 out of... ~60 units.

Edit: lol after complaining about the armour designer leaving I pulled a +Atk/-Spd B!Hector so IT'S LISTENING.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I think you're right. For some reason I thought Roy had +atk/+def too.

Arena?

There's this new mode that has horsies and flyers and mages and dancers and restore trap healers. (and armors during bonus week)

Arena is so 2k18.
Can you get crowns with raids? How else will whales show off their epeen?

Tbh there are way too many structures to learn for me to care about the mode.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wouldn't mind melee cavs getting Sturdy Impact, they have effectively the same range as an infantry mage but no access to the really great skills of the latter. Considering Tibarn is basically a flying horse it really wouldn't be any different.

But of course the ranged cavs poop on the party and would be ridiculous with access to said skills so the entire mov class suffers for it. There should be some kind of distinction between the two.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Can you get crowns with raids? How else will whales show off their epeen?

UXQhxhd.jpg

You seriously only need to pull a single Eir to rank high in AR, still don't know why people act like it's anything close to people having +10 Fjorm with +10 Zelgius, +10 Hardin, +10 Grima and they all have DC in their a slot while still using their DC weapons.

Even a single Eir with Fjorm, V!Ike and two units with Light Blessing gets 140 lift per match, that's F2P and you can jump tiers easy.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Ayyyy lmao

Three full pulls netted me a duplicate Sigurd.

Now I have no more orbs. So much for saving. I'll take my Naesala and be done with banners again for a while and whatever the pity TT unit is.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Never seen those thrones before. Where can I see them on other players?

Aether Raids is more like Clash of Clans lite than classic FE. Shit on arena all you want but at least it was somewhat challenging until they introduced bonus points. I just auto raid to get the daily reward.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say Arena is more challenging ever since the bonus points, composing a team around a single hero to deal with even hard counters to get the points sure is more challenging than whoomping whatever is in front of me with my most broken heroes. ^^

Still neither Arena nor AR are really much on the FE gameplay, funnily that's what i say the story chapters and (yes) Forging Bonds are.

But man, i need a real FE game again, hurry up with 3 Houses, Nintendo.

Three Houses banner.

I doubt it, only chance this would be a 3 Houses banner is when the game would release end of the month. Still, the heroes from that game would probably be on a normal banner and added to the regular pool and not on a special heroes banner.

Someone on reddit thought it might be Lunar's New Year, or a special banner due to the 25 anniversary of Mystery of the Emblem.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Go to Hel Silas, no one wants your 5* pity-breaking lame ass self.

You've already pity broken me on the christmas, new year and beast banners.

Some units just keep showing up. I've got like 12 Silases as combat manuals already.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, the free summon ticket that i got from Tibarn's Forging Bonds rewards got me a Tibarn on the pull. I might go and get a ticket for the lottery this evening.

Go to Hel Silas, no one wants your 5* pity-breaking lame ass self.

You've already pity broken me on the christmas, new year and beast banners.

Some units just keep showing up. I've got like 12 Silases as combat manuals already.

Don't let Westlo see this post. ;D

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
2 special banners? Ugh, I wish we got new heroes more often.

On the topic of mass demotion, it'd definitely be cool but the newness would drop quick IMO. 2017 heroes, even the 5* ones, tend to have terrible fodder. Like, YTiki has Armored Blow, Breath of Life and Growing Flame, Linde has Speed+3 and Fortify Res, Ryoma has Astra, some Defiant and Hone Spd, you catch my drift. It's cool for the people who have some faves that'd drop (4* Ephraim/Innes/Tana pls), but it wouldn't make the pulling experience all that better.

I like the idea of a free banner. I also think some of the worst heroes on the regular pool, like Jakob, Matthew, Raigh, Stahl should me moved there and simply removed from the regular pool.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Arena?

Arena is so 2k18.

Arena gives orbs, feathers, and great summoner crowns. 5 free orbs a week for being a great summoner would be so awesome. 4 orbs a week isn't so bad either.
Orbs are life.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
2 special banners? Ugh, I wish we got new heroes more often.

Usually, I'd be right there with you but following that Beast banner, I'm going to need some time to restock up again and no better banners to skip than special hero banners! Plus there's that FE6 banner next month that I probably won't be interested in either.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
lol, while using my free beast banner summons, I somehow managed to score...

- Nailah
- Leif
- Brave Celica

I guess maybe I was due for a little crazy luck.

Nailah has a poor IV, so after I farm her HM, it makes the most sense to give her new skill to F!Robin.
My Leif is now merged to +6, all from pity breakers.
Brave Celica is a new one for me. I'd love to give DB4 to someone, but she's +atk so I will probably have to keep her.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
People on Reddit were speculating that one of the special banners would be for the 25th anniversary of the release of Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem.
I'm calling it: We'll get alts for Marth, Caeda, and Camilla with Tiki's dragonstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.