• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Two Tibarns and a Leanne on one session? I'll take it.

Couldn't get any Nailahs or Reysons. Boo.

Oct 25, 2017
Got Leanne within 15 orbs. +SPD - HP. Probably gonna spend more orbs to get one merge and patch that HP flaw. She also is meele, though she was gonna be a ranged flier. Also, Forging Bonds only gives 40 Grails and 4 tickets. Geez IS .......

Last edited:

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
I'm back. :)
Yay laguz are finally here!
Got Reyson and Nailah in two pulls, then suddenly got Laegjarn.
My dreams come true. ^^

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Got Leanne within 15 orbs. +SPD - HP. Probably gonna spend more orbs to get one merge and patch that HP flaw. She also is meele, though she was gonna be a ranged flier. Also, Forging Bonds only gives 30 Grails and 4 tickets. Geez IS .......
When they said that the tickets would be given as a Forging Bonds event reward, I thought they would give one per conversation level per character. Previous banners that gave tickets were more generous than FB.

Oct 25, 2017
When they said that the tickets would be given as a Forging Bonds event reward, I thought they would give one per conversation level per character. Previous banners that gave tickets were more generous than FB.
I'm not really complaining. One ticket is worth 5 orbs. But past banners with tickets also gave tickets as log-in bonus, so i was quite surprised by the fact that RD banner only has within Forging Bonds.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I know, it's a 1st world problem i'm going to rant about, but i hate when this happens ... so going to build Nailah as a mixed phase unit, as she has the stats and the skills to do so. Also decided i might merge her up high if she ever re-runs on a legendary/whatever banner because the wolves are my fav Laguz tribe.

So, checking the mass duel sim about which +1 is the better one, the +Atk or the +Spd one, and of freaking course the +Spd one is way better on player phase while the +Atk one is much better on enemy phase and now i'm sitting here not knowing what to do.

I'd rather have a single good IV one and one bad / neutral IV one, as that leaves me with an easy decision.

Sorry for the brag/rant, i wish all of you who want her and haven't had any luck the best that you still get her.

Got Leanne within 15 orbs. +SPD - HP. Probably gonna spend more orbs to get one merge and patch that HP flaw. She also is meele, though she was gonna be a ranged flier. Also, Forging Bonds only gives 30 Grails and 4 tickets. Geez IS .......

40 grails. But yeah, not much. I was also on the "4 tickets is cheap IS"-train, but after one of them lucked out big time i feel like i'm not in the position to complain. ^^

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
So, checking the mass duel sim about which +1 is the better one, the +Atk or the +Spd one, and of freaking course the +Spd one is way better on player phase while the +Atk one is much better on enemy phase and now i'm sitting here not knowing what to do.

Her speed is high enough that you can add buffs to your team to overcome most of the highest speed units, and remember her weapon can add 2-6 more speed with nearby allies. I had to make the same choice with Bridal Tharja last year, who's very comparable to Nailah in that respect. I went with +atk and would do the same thing again.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
My haul from today: Roderick, Oboro x2, Hana, and Tharja.

I'm not sure how to handle this banner. There are units here I want, but I'm concerned about double seasonal and getting Julia and Deirdre (because I must have all fe4 units), so I'm probably not going to spend any orbs. Those five were from my tickets/free summon.

Oct 25, 2017
I know, it's a 1st world problem i'm going to rant about, but i hate when this happens ... so going to build Nailah as a mixed phase unit, as she has the stats and the skills to do so. Also decided i might merge her up high if she ever re-runs on a legendary/whatever banner because the wolves are my fav Laguz tribe.

I'd rather have a single good IV one and one bad / neutral IV one, as that leaves me with an easy decision.

Sorry for the brag/rant, i wish all of you who want her and haven't had any luck the best that you still get her.

40 grails. But yeah, not much. I was also on the "4 tickets is cheap IS"-train, but after one of them lucked out big time i feel like i'm not in the position to complain. ^^
Well, at least she still usable and you can buff that speed. Cries in -Atk Laegjarn.
Also, Hero Fest tickets gave me so much 5-star. I don't understand why is being cheap here, as the tickets gives incentives to do a summon and spend orbs.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017

Could always give the +Spd one the Fierce Stance seal and get the best of both worlds. Maybe even a few extra doubles too.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say I really enjoy the new Forging Bonds format, instead of the heroes talking you (awkwardly with themselves) they talk with the Askr trio, it helps flesh out all the parties involved

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017

I think it's easier to stack buffs (spurs and stuff) on EP, so I'd go with the stat that works better on PP for the boon since that one is harder to replace in actual combat.

Gotta say I really enjoy the new Forging Bonds format, instead of the heroes talking you (awkwardly with themselves) they talk with the Askr trio, it helps flesh out all the parties involved

I agree, this FB is the best one in a while IMO.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When do the tickets drop for the beasts? I was expecting one today. Sniped a orbs and was pity broken by an Elise, which could be worse. Going too hoard more orbs and try again in a day or two

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, got no tickets today, so now I'm confused at the people talking about spending tickets on this new banner.

Edit: Just got a ticket from Forging Bonds. Nevermind.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Her speed is high enough that you can add buffs to your team to overcome most of the highest speed units, and remember her weapon can add 2-6 more speed with nearby allies. I had to make the same choice with Bridal Tharja last year, who's very comparable to Nailah in that respect. I went with +atk and would do the same thing again.

Does sound reasonable, thanks for the input!

Well, at least she still usable and you can buff that speed. Cries in -Atk Laegjarn.
Also, Hero Fest tickets gave me so much 5-star. I don't understand why is being cheap here, as the tickets gives incentives to do a summon and spend orbs.

Don't understand the first sentence. My problem is that i have both +Atk and +Spd, both with a Def bane. If one of them would've had a bane in either Spd or Atk this decision would've been easy enough. ^^

And yup, could've made 8 tickets, two per hero.

Could always give the +Spd one the Fierce Stance seal and get the best of both worlds. Maybe even a few extra doubles too.

I'd look into other seals for a mixed phase unit. Flashing Blade for the +Spd one, or Brazen Atk/Res since she is supposed to get hit at least once. ^^

Man i'd like a Brazen Atk/Def or Brazen Atk/Spd seal.

I think it's easier to stack buffs (spurs and stuff) on EP, so I'd go with the stat that works better on PP for the boon since that one is harder to replace in actual combat.

Well her weapon passive requires positioning in both phases already, so that's not an issue i think.

When do the tickets drop for the beasts? I was expecting one today. Sniped a orbs and was pity broken by an Elise, which could be worse. Going too hoard more orbs and try again in a day or two
Yeah, got no tickets today, so now I'm confused at the people talking about spending tickets on this new banner.

They are rewards from Forging Bonds, 4 tickets, one per hero at 400 points (basically play 5 matches or so).

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I don't understand Leanne statline. She is a meele flier and has 16 def at neutral. She doesn't has high ATK either. Wherever I see her statline, I think it was more suited for a ranged unit. Perhaps she is intended to use as a mage check?

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Ok, I don't understand Leanne statline. She is a meele flier and has 16 def at neutral. She doesn't has high ATK either. Wherever I see her statline, I think it was more suited for a ranged unit. Perhaps she is intended to use as a mage check?
Sounds like Silvia.

The way I use Silvia, beyond being another dancer, is mage/dragon baiter. With naturally high res, along with her barrier blade and mirror stance, she can become magically tanky. But her defenses are awful and her attack isn't really high enough to justify DC. Basically, Silvia is an emergency wall to create a choke point until someone more strong can actually take care of the threat. It's a niche use, but it differentiates Silvia from other dancers so it's still something.

Wasn't Brazen Atk/Def one of the 'leaked' seals?

Yes. There are three skills that have 0 SP value in the code, and are very likely to be seals. Brazen atk/def is one of them.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
+atk-spd nailah and +res-def tibarn, also got brainwashed camilla, -atk +res
me too, it doesn't feel like a kiran wankfest

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Got Nailah after ~70 orbs, I'll probably keep pulling on it due to the flying dancers and Tibarn when I get around to collecting the free orbs available.

Little busy since our twins were born a couple days ago!!! My few moments of silence on the toilet go to playing a quick map of FE Heroes lol.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
For Seliph, I still wonder if I'll want to give him steady breath. While his miracle effect is mostly gimmicky, his atk/def bond effect is solid and better than using Divine tyrfing / deflect magic to make him infantry Sigurd.

Basically, if I'm building a refined Tyrfing Seliph, do you think he'll prefer atk/def bond or steady breath in slot A?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
For Seliph, I still wonder if I'll want to give him steady breath. While his miracle effect is mostly gimmicky, his atk/def bond effect is solid and better than using Divine tyrfing / deflect magic to make him infantry Sigurd.

Basically, if I'm building a refined Tyrfing Seliph, do you think he'll prefer atk/def bond or steady breath in slot A?
SB to charge your special. Use Atf/Def Bond as your seal.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017

I'd say Breath to meme with Reprisal or Vengeance. DC is probably his best A though.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Yeah, Ignis looks really good on Seliph and it needs steady breath support to proc. I'll probably go with SB.

That said, I don't have DC fodder (like... ever) and my first Hector will be fed to Ares who I feel benefits from DC the most.

But I'll go with this build: http://imgur.com/a/Qc6Whiz . +7 since that's how many extra Seliph I have, even though I need 140k feathers first. Assuming Seliph is in QR3 range, Seliph should get an extra +37 damage in enemy phase.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

She comes with mirror stance, high Res (34 on neutral), enough speed (37) and ok hp (36). She's a dragon check. Or as much of one as dancers can be anyway.

Got tibarn and reyson using the 5 free pulls +all the remaining summons in the circle, which is rather good for ~75 orbs.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Pulled an adrift corrin but he was -spd so i decided to feed him to marthcina instead

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Total spend of around 400 orbs:

2x Tibarn
Reyson
Alm
Nephenee
Ephraim
Ryoma

I blame Dragalia Lost for eating up all my luck. I just want Nailah... A third Tibarn wouldn't hurt either.

Some small consolation, I was finally able to pick up a +Speed Catria and a +atk Tailtiu so I at least have some fun builds to play with.

Oct 25, 2017
A free summon, four tickets, and 230 orbs later, I am host to a Fallen Celica, a Karel, and zero Laguz.
Probably give someone Wo Dao+ and grind up some more orbs.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
A free summon, four tickets, and 230 orbs later, I am host to a Fallen Celica, a Karel, and zero Laguz.
Probably give someone Wo Dao+ and grind up some more orbs.

Karel's surprisingly tanky thanks to his HP pool, which makes him good for Panic Ploy, Infantry Pulse and the like. His Prf weapon, while not as showy as some, is also a pretty solid option. His (neutral) speed is okay, but slap Fury or Life and Death on him and he'll get work done.

A likely demotion candidate compared to recent myrmidons, but has enough going for him to be useful.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Got a random Grey from my tickets (-HP + Res, weird spread but useable). He's cool so I'm okay with this, hopefully he gets a refine someday. Shame his waifu got screwed in the art department. Also, +ATK Reinhardt is a myth. I have 9 of the guy and not a single one has an attack boon.

I have no idea whom to give my last light blessing to. All of my non-legendary regulars are already light blessed, and I really don't know if I'm keeping WCecilia past her bonus period...

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing 2 special heroes banner on the schedule motivated me to dump all of my orbs into this banner. I was kind of expecting to anyway, but I'm just not as into seasonal banners anymore.

Sniped red/blue almost exclusively, 275 orbs got me:
Tibarn
Luke
Nailah x3
Tana
Ephraim (first one)
Micaiah (first one)
Sigurd
Jaffar

Really good results overall. Will never ever complain about 10 units in 270 orbs. Strange thing is the Nailahs are all -DEF (+RES/+RES/+SPD). Going into it, if I pulled her, I was kinda hoping for a +RES version to increase her mixed bulk... The +SPD one is tempting, though. Might just merge 2 together to get rid of the bane and then use the other as DC fodder. Although 3 DEF points on Nailah probably isn't worth giving a whole other unit DC.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up with four 5*s out of five free pulls from the tickets and first free summon; two of which were Flora - I think I might be able to use the +ATK -HP one.

I'm not sure if that's a sign I should continue or give up on getting something that's actually on the banner...

Edit: Continuing seemed to work - I got an okay Celica, then Tibarn + Reyson together; which is the first time I've ever gotten two 5*s in the same session.

Dwsj9swVYAANJKd.jpg:large

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Shit on arena all you want but at least it was somewhat challenging until they introduced bonus points. I just auto raid to get the daily reward.

I like arena, I'm T21 most of the time, when I want to be.... (like I just give my surtr a water blessing, my myrrh one too and I can stay in t21 using Sharena.....

I just don't have to invest into building any more core units for arena.... I have 1 r duel flying, 4 green duel infantry and 1 duel colorless infantry I don't even have to use. I was going to build a Soren, I was going to build a Sothe... but no need....

AR is that new hot stuff, Miracle Ares, DC/Wrath Seliph, Close Counter Vantage Merric is what I want to do.

And lol no @ arena being somewhat challenging before the bonus point change. I probably spent more time the first week trying to get a perfect run with L!Lucina than I did the entire month prior with Lector. Lector I pretty much end turned 50% of the time and the other 50% was galeforce Soleil and Effie running amok.

Don't let Westlo see this post. ;D

Against my better judgement I went back in, this time I pulled.....

My third Delthea with trash IVs.... I have a +atk -spd Delthea who is getting +1 merged 100% (Expecting her to get a good/great refine down the line)
My second Sumia, actually great IVs... +atk -def.... the one I pulled on her banner is +def -atk... and she's going to be fed to L!Lucina.
My second Legendary Mythic Silas! Trash IVs... Repo & Steady Stance 1 and 2 are going to be foddered off to someone who I give Steady Stance 4 to. (pity break Surtr after I plus ten'd him.)

17 freaking blue 5 star exclusives inbetween Silas pulls.... smh.

Got a random Grey from my tickets (-HP + Res, weird spread but useable). He's cool so I'm okay with this, hopefully he gets a refine someday.

I'm so hanging out for the when the SoV crew get refines.... I mean look what they've got so far....

Alm - Probably still the biggest powerjump in the game.
Celica - Busted refine
Saber - Amazing refine
Clair - Fantastic new weapon with a great refine (though it was just a copy of Caedas)

4 refines and the weakest one is still really good.

Last edited:

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, Naesala is really impressive! He has an Ayra-level Statline and a good weapon to exploit it. Assuming he's 10 speed above his foe (which isn't impossible with 45 speed on initiation with his base kit alone) he's effectively running with 39 atk, which isn't far off from Tibarn's effective 41 neutral atk.

AND HE MOVES THREE SPACES

Very tempted to feed him the Odd Atk Wave from my spare Ishtar right now. He really appreciates the all big since his speed is high enough as is.

Oct 25, 2017
Defeated Naesala GHB with the old B!Lyn and 3 dancers. Really strange the fliers didn't had Iote Shield, Naesala was next to a flier, so he couldn't transform. Really easy stuff.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
I'm confident the GHB was deliberately made earlier than usual so that everyone has the chance to play around with a beast unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.