• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I would also advise against Res Smoke. In arena with armors it might be fine, but for AR most units are ranged and adaptive damage tends to target def anyway you'd only be getting a few more attack points.

Like, of the common AR threats I think Reinhardt is the only common threat with more def than Res and you'd probably 1rko him if you survive his thunder anyway.

In arena you tend to see more melee units, but even then idk.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I would also advise against Res Smoke. In arena with armors it might be fine, but for AR most units are ranged and adaptive damage tends to target def anyway you'd only be getting a few more attack points.

Like, of the common AR threats I think Reinhardt is the only common threat with more def than Res and you'd probably 1rko him if you survive his thunder anyway.

In arena you tend to see more melee units, but even then idk.
I don't want to sacrifice a Kaze just for her because I only have one left for Attack Smoke. Maybe, I'll give her something common like a Spur or Hone skill.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Were you still thinking about building Garon, Westlo? At least, since he's a dragon, you'd have more build varieties than DC Helbindi.

I've played around with the articfox's damage sim a lot for Garon, Helbindi and Nailah the last few days.

I'll probable be building a Fae and giving her Null Disrupt.

Easier to merge
Has TA over Ophelia
No need to use DC fodder, which lets me keep DC for Seliph.
Way less Exalted Chroms sharing threat ange with Ophelia compared to just Ophelia and other cabs... I will trust her bulk against Others.

So yeah going with Fae, M!Corrin plus a blue unit to run as my main team for double Eir week. Maybe Naesala...

Have my flier team as back up

Versions with Loki for both

Not sure slot 5 yet, maybe have a counter for strongest bonus unit.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So, the accessory players can get in the Tap Battle level that unlocked today is a bath bucket.

And that somehow makes me think that there's another possibility for next weeks special banner in addition to Luna New Year and 25 anniversary .... a hot spring banner.

Because i fail to see the connection between a Tap Battle named "Kingdom of Nohr" and a bath bucket accessory. What do you think?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
So, the accessory players can get in the Tap Battle level that unlocked today is a bath bucket.

And that somehow makes me think that there's another possibility for next weeks special banner in addition to Luna New Year and 25 anniversary .... a hot spring banner.

Because i fail to see the connection between a Tap Battle named "Kingdom of Nohr" and a bath bucket accessory. What do you think?
Well, the "ending" of Tap Battles is going to a hot springs now, but I think a hot springs banner is quite possible. It's crossed my mind too.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, the "ending" of Tap Battles is going to a hot springs now, but I think a hot springs banner is quite possible. It's crossed my mind too.

Wasn't the ending in Kingdom of Hoshido already a hot spring? That also fits with Hoshido being japanese/asian themed. Certainly doesn't fit Nohr, if i didn't forget/miss some stuff from Fates. ^^

To be honest, i was wondering why there hasn't been a hot spring banner yet, especially since both Awakening and Fates had hot spring DLCs.

E:

And another fucking cheater in AR ... full flier team, with Valzura, no Flier Formation or Wings of Mercy as seals or skills present, all of the melee fliers moved 3 tiles without being danced by Valzura. Like wtf, how is that even possible?

Guess i have to file another report. Again it's been an asian player, what's wrong with them in this regard? Ffs.

Like, if i'm playing dumb, i'm ok with losing, teaches me not to play dumb, but i could punch a wall due to anger of losing to such an arse.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So Camila with only a towel wrapped around her body?

Well what did IS say once about designing the banners? Something like taking up to 6 months?

So if it is a hot spring banner (SPECULATION!) it's outside of that 6 months timeframe that IS might've gotten a lesson from the Adrift banner.

TLDR: Yeah, possible, if it is a hot spring banner. ^^

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017

Every tap battle ending shows that they discover a hot spring or that the cave connects with the ocean. I wouldn't think too much about it. IS just lacks creativity and can't think of giving better rewards or story to Tap Battle.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Every tap battle ending shows that they discover a hot spring or that the cave connects with the ocean. I wouldn't think too much about it. IS just lacks creativity and can't think of giving better rewards or story to Tap Battle.

The hot spring is new, though, i think Kingdom of Hoshido was the first time with that ending screen for a Tap Battle. And ever since they added accessories as rewards, they were tied to current or upcoming special/regular banners.

See again Kingdom of Hoshido, giving the antler and the new year mochi accessories. Heir of Light with the Halloween head-things and Labyrinth of Despair with the Adrift themed stuff. ^^

It's most likely Luna New Year, with close second the anniversary. But with those accessories hot spring might be a possible topic, too. ^^

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to use start using my pity breaker WoF Hinoka since with the stat change her attack bane will be mitigated. Pretty fun in a flier team with her guidance and formation skills. If I ever gain enough confidence to move away from my horse crutch I'll use fliers in AR.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I've been looking at beast units throughout the series to see which could potentially be GHBs in the future. There aren't many.

Naesala was the obvious one, other than him we have:
Muarim
Keaton
Kaden

And then nobodies like:
Seeker
Pain/Agony
Kehzda (lol)

I feel like Muarim is the most likely candidate for a second beast GHB, as he has a memorable map. Keaton and Kaden are wild cards that really depend on how they want to present them in relation to a banner. I could see a Hoshido banner with Keaton as a GHB alongside. I think they're more likely to be banner units.

Some others like Lethe and Mordecai could be argued as GHB units, but I'm not sure they'll do that. Lethe in particular will very likely be a banner unit.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
The thing is, beasts are relatively new to the series. They feel like a staple only because the last four original entries had them. And that means we're probably not getting a lot more of them before descending into alt hell.

Like Fates beasts have one banner worth of units to give, Awakeming's beast units can be stuck on a banner or TT, and there's probably just enough notable Tellius units for, like, one and a half banners. Ranulf can maybe be spun as a GHB for a Dawn Brigade themed banner.

But like, beasts are gonna be rare units since they're too new, too few, and nobody cares about Awakeming's beasts either.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, beasts are relatively new to the series. They feel like a staple only because the last four original entries had them. And that means we're probably not getting a lot more of them before descending into alt hell.

Like Fates beasts have one banner worth of units to give, Awakeming's beast units can be stuck on a banner or TT, and there's probably just enough notable Tellius units for, like, one and a half banners. Ranulf can maybe be spun as a GHB for a Dawn Brigade themed banner.

But like, beasts are gonna be rare units since they're too new, too few, and nobody cares about Awakeming's beasts either.
Panne scored really well in CYL. Yarne did terribly of course.

EDIT: Well 215 isn't terrible. Not compared to my boy Nealuchi, RIP

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Is it worth it to build a Young Tiki if I already have a +10 Adult Tiki? My A!Tiki is +ATK/-SPD with BoF(+Eff)/Swap/Aether/DC/QR3/Attack Smoke and Heavy Blade 3 seal. She is a beast enemy phase unit that can kill any dragon although she has to initiate against other Tikis.
Young Tiki is faster so I was thinking she could do a Fury/Desperation build with the upcoming Darting Blow seal?

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yarne might be one of the last of his kind. Everyone needs to he nice to him!

I think I made him a Swordmaster and he turned out really great. He was super fast.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth it to build a Young Tiki if I already have a +10 Adult Tiki? My A!Tiki is +ATK/-SPD with BoF(+Eff)/Swap/Aether/DC/QR3/Attack Smoke and Heavy Blade 3 seal. She is a beast enemy phase unit that can kill any dragon although she has to initiate against other Tikis.
Young Tiki is faster so I was thinking she could do a Fury/Desperation build with the upcoming Darting Blow seal?
YTiki always felt like a mixed phase unit for me due to being able to take both a physical and magical hit. Fury for sure, and if you wanted to abuse speed you could go with a +SPD refine instead of the +eff.
It's so hard to get merges for YTiki though.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
YTiki always felt like a mixed phase unit for me due to being able to take both a physical and magical hit. Fury for sure, and if you wanted to abuse speed you could go with a +SPD refine instead of the +eff.
It's so hard to get merges for YTiki though.
I've been pity broken by her 3 times so I might as well use her. My best one is +DEF but I'm hoping to get a +SPD Tiki eventually.

Oct 25, 2017
So true. I managed to clear most, if not all Abyssal difficulty content using Ragnarok + Fury 3 Celica with her dancer squad.
Same build as mine! She's a monster!

But like, beasts are gonna be rare units since they're too new, too few, and nobody cares about Awakening's beasts either.
I have the same feeling. I don't see IS releasing beasts in a row. It will probably be very sparsely release. I think the only beast we can say with nearly certain is going to be released this year is Selkie in a Farfetched/Brave Redux banner.

Oct 25, 2017
As someone had said in this OT, Ophelia with turn 1 AoE special really takes people by surprise in AR. Changed my defense and included her and already got some victory/less lift lost.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
As someone had said in this OT, Ophelia with turn 1 AoE special really takes people by surprise in AR. Changed my defense and included her and already got some victory/less lift lost.
It isn't like it takes people by surprise, it just that is has almost no counters, and the few counters she has die to Lilina.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there are really just a handful of team comps / layouts in the upper tiers, so it's hard to really be taken by surprise up there. Those team comps are there (with minor variations) because it's pretty tough to counter them even when you've seen them before.

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't like it takes people by surprise, it just that is has almost no counters, and the few counters she has die to Lilina.
Yeah, there are really just a handful of team comps / layouts in the upper tiers, so it's hard to really be taken by surprise up there. Those team comps are there (with minor variations) because it's pretty tough to counter them even when you've seen them before.
Oh, I see. I've just run her optimal setup on DuelSim and she just murders the entire cast with theirs pre-built skills. Holy shit, didn't knew that the tome of the chosen heroine was so powerful.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I saw someone with a nested Ophelia in AR Tier 18 yesterday. With L!Azura standing right behind her. Ophelia/L!Azura/Aversa/B!Ephraim/B!Lyn. I was like, why is this setup still in Tier 18, and then Reinhardt-bombed into L!Azura and just took my 80 lift. Whatever, dude.

(I might steal his setup, though.)

The combination of L!Lyn on defense and all the really good players being in 19+ has led to me losing 0 lift this season so far, so may as well buckle down and graduate to Tier 19. Bah. Having to play against those evil teams constantly again will not be fun.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I wonder if my Witchy Wand Nanna should be added to a team to counter Ophelia? Wave the magic wand, retreat, and then bait with a good mage counter like Eir?

I haven't seen Ophelia yet, so that's why I'm asking.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I see. I've just run her optimal setup on DuelSim and she just murders the entire cast with theirs pre-built skills. Holy shit, didn't knew that the tome of the chosen heroine was so powerful.
Yep, and with optimal Lilina backup I think only a super specialized Valentine Lyn/Blue Micaiah with Owl Tome, Fortress res, dull ranged and brazen atk/res seal can kill both in the same turn
That is without Eir buffs, with eir buffs Ophelia is much more manageable

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. It's always the same few basic ideas.
  1. Mass ranged bullshit. Usually 1-2 dancers and Ophelia+another nuke or two. One melee unit standing guard in front. Maybe an Aversa or Surtr in the corner.
  2. Firesweep + Lunge melee trap
  3. Huddled armor box
#1 is BY FAR the most common. I'm so tired of dealing with them that I think I'm just going to halfass it in T19 for the foreseeable future. I don't want to deal with whatever's higher up. I have teams set up to handle 1 and 3, but I don't have the new unit that stops Firesweep, or anyone tanky enough to deal with a good Firesweep setup.

I wonder if my Witchy Wand Nanna should be added to a team to counter Ophelia? Wave the magic wand, retreat, and then bait with a good mage counter like Eir?

I haven't seen Ophelia yet, so that's why I'm asking.
That probably won't work because Ophelia setups usually place Ophelia in a completely unreachable place, like behind a row of other units. You're forced to bait her (which she will basically always win with her prepared AoE special) or bum rush the team somehow (usually leads to the attacker losing someone unless you have some really good Galeforce setup or something).

Not even Loki is a surefire solution against a good Ophelia setup, because usually Ophelia is backed up by a dancer or two. You can lock down or debuff Ophelia for her first move, but if she gets danced, then she's still going to hit you at full power at least once. Especially if one of the enemy dancers is LAzura, with her bullshit "hey, let's buff everything while I dance you AND give you a movement buff" skill. Your best bet with Loki is to limit movement in a way that lets you pick off someone else in the team, then dance/repo yourself somewhere that Ophelia can't reach you, even after a dance. Of course, LAzura with her ~very fair buffs~ makes that approach really hard too.

This is why IMO Ophelia is a bigger problem in high-tier AR than Rein or Veronica. You can bait Rein or Veronica. I don't think you can bait a properly prepared Ophelia.

I'll screenie the next Ophelia setup I see to show you what I mean.

Last edited:

Wolven Hammer

Feb 26, 2018
Los Angeles, California
Yeah. It's always the same few basic ideas.
  1. Mass ranged bullshit. Usually 1-2 dancers and Ophelia+another nuke or two. One melee unit standing guard in front. Maybe an Aversa or Surtr in the corner.
  2. Firesweep + Lunge melee trap
  3. Huddled armor box
#1 is BY FAR the most common. I'm so tired of dealing with them that I think I'm just going to halfass it in T19 for the foreseeable future. I don't want to deal with whatever's higher up. I have teams set up to handle 1 and 3, but I don't have the new unit that stops Firesweep, or anyone tanky enough to deal with a good Firesweep setup.

That probably won't work because Ophelia setups usually place Ophelia in a completely unreachable place, like behind a row of other units. You're forced to bait her (which she will basically always win with her prepared AoE special) or bum rush the team somehow (usually leads to the attacker losing someone unless you have some really good Galeforce setup or something).

Not even Loki is a surefire solution against a good Ophelia setup, because usually Ophelia is backed up by a dancer or two. You can lock down or debuff Ophelia for her first move, but if she gets danced, then she's still going to hit you at full power at least once. Especially if one of the enemy dancers is LAzura, with her bullshit "hey, let's buff everything while I dance you AND give you a movement buff" skill. Your best bet with Loki is to limit movement in a way that lets you pick off someone else in the team, then dance/repo yourself somewhere that Ophelia can't reach you, even after a dance. Of course, LAzura with her ~very fair buffs~ makes that approach really hard too.

This is why IMO Ophelia is a bigger problem in high-tier AR than Rein or Veronica. You can bait Rein or Veronica. I don't think you can bait a properly prepared Ophelia.

I'll screenie the next Ophelia setup I see to show you what I mean.
Only thing I can think of is giving vantage to a distant counter high res green (like a res boon/buff L. Hector or DC Surtr) then bail him the hell out after he swats her.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Witchy Wand only needs to hit a foe within two spaces of Ophelia, not necessarily Ophelia herself.

It still might not be possible; I haven't come across Ophelia yet but as Nanna can hit someone within two spaces of Ophelia and gtfo I think the strategy can work.

Edit: For reference, here is the effect of witchy wand+ (source):

After combat, if unit attacked, resets Special cooldown of target and foes within 2 spaces of target, and inflicts the following status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions: "Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 per attack during combat. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)" (Neutralizes Special cooldown count reductions after combat, but skills that Accelerate and Slow Special are still effective.

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Witchy Wand only needs to hit a foe within two spaces of Ophelia, not necessarily Ophelia herself.

It still might not be possible; I haven't come across Ophelia yet but as Nanna can hit someone within two spaces of Ophelia and gtfo I think the strategy can work.

Edit: For reference, here is the effect of witchy wand+ (source):

After combat, if unit attacked, resets Special cooldown of target and foes within 2 spaces of target, and inflicts the following status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions: "Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 per attack during combat. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)" (Neutralizes Special cooldown count reductions after combat, but skills that Accelerate and Slow Special are still effective.
Oh, if it's an AoE then it might work, or at least help a little.

Only thing I can think of is giving vantage to a distant counter high res green (like a res boon/buff L. Hector or DC Surtr) then bail him the hell out after he swats her.
Oh, true. A high atk Vantage unit might be a good way to oneshot her before she attacks, if you can find the right trap to hop on. But it would be hard to execute since she will likely be covered by some complementary colored ranged unit too.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only one expecting A Panne/Yarne/Nah banner with Beast F!Morgan TT unit? Mixing dragons and beasts seems like the easiest/best way to pass out a small selection, along with what-if variants of Awakening & Fates units.

Oct 25, 2017
I really like my all Nifl team. Still think Fjorm was the best F2P unit could ever give, even more at the time of her release, where most people didn't had ranged counters. Gunnthrá and Hríd and kinda gimmicky but paired up are deadly. Wish Ylgr was colorless to add a color neutral matchup but she is really good as it's own and sorcery Blade means she hits like a truck.

Am I the only one expecting A Panne/Yarne/Nah banner with Beast F!Morgan TT unit? Mixing dragons and beasts seems like the easiest/best way to pass out a small selection, along with what-if variants of Awakening & Fates units.
Would be cool seeing IS taking the reclasses and eugenics of Awakening to give us "What If" units. But i don't see they releasing beast after beast. For me, these are going to be sparsely released, kinda like Dragons on FeH Y1.

Last edited:

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
There was definitely supposed to be a "eventually" in there somewhere. I'm not expecting them in every banner and certainly not in the next one.

Last edited:

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The containers on the right make me think of the steamers dumplings are served in for Lunar New Year, that or spa shenanigans.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Spa theme makes sense I guess. Sounds easy enough to ignore for me, my only must-whale policy is for Tharja alts and I don't really expect one of those on either of the upcoming special banners.

Status
Not open for further replies.