• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Second Pity breaker after Alm was Karel. I could really use Ike to fodder to my Halloween Myrrh, but maybe I should stop here.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Day 1: 4* Donnel.
Day 2: 4* Clair.
Day 3: 4* Nino.
Day 4: 3* Mathilda (and a 3* Nowi after).
Day 5: 3* Palla.
Day 6: 4* Cherche.
Day 7: 5* Myrrh (and 5* MEirika on same circle).

I knew the 3* heroes were the calm before the storm.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I wanted him real bad. But 150 orbs and only one Greil sucks.

Is your Greil +Spd / -Def like mine? If not, see it could be even worse. ^^

Day 1: 4* Donnel.
Day 2: 4* Clair.
Day 3: 4* Nino.
Day 4: 3* Mathilda (and a 3* Nowi after).
Day 5: 3* Palla.
Day 6: 4* Cherche.
Day 7: 5* Myrrh (and 5* MEirika on same circle).

I knew the 3* heroes were the calm before the storm.

Guess my game didn't get the memo then, 6 3*, 1 4* so far.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Ephraim off the free pull and Soren after ~15 orbs. Not bad.

Going to keep pulling for Greil though.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to get Ike in 20 more orbs. HP- Res+ is meh enough to not feel bad about foddering him

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
V8KFEvWl.png

Before you ask. I voted Genny so many times because I felt pity on youtuber MMM who spent 350+ orbs on one of the daily banners that featured Genny and he got a Leo and some other red I don't remember. Anyway, my vote doesn't matter for this event.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I voted for Bowcina, Lector, LAzura, LEirika, and HMia. Doubt any of them besides LAzura will win, though.

Spring Breeze got nerfed to oblivion. Lava Floes is actually still kinda good with the one lava on the side; you can hide a fountain or a buff armour behind it and only fliers can reach it.

No luck on my free pulls today. Will save up for the voting banner.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have luck doing the heroic ordeals for the 4 star laguz?

Edit: Nevermind, my FCorrin's Darkbreath made it work

Last edited:

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ol1roGr.png

I'm pretty sure that L!Azura is going to win the blue vote, but I figured I'd try anyway.

I had some really good luck with pulls today, too. With about 90 orbs I got an original Lyn, a Laegjarn, and a Cav Eirika (no more speed bane on the one I had!) on today's anniversary banner, and a -Atk +Res Greil. Normally I'm not crazy about foddering seasonals but I already have so many green armors that I don't use so I'll probably just wait and see who could use his skills. I'll level him up a bit for the dragonflowers first, though. Now that we are going to be able to inherit 4 skills at a time in March I need to put some of my SI plans on hold anyway.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Part of me wants Fury 4 for Arvis since his renewal ring makes the extra 2 damage mostly neglible and he's my favorite unit so I want him to have the best toys. I'm also wondering if Fury 4 is great for arena; Arvis makes fantastic support so he'll be part of my arena core but I'm not sure if I can justify Fury 4 (a great 300 sp skill for him) over the inevitable red duel infantry.

I also like the Ike and Soren alts but I don't know of I'll actually use them but I wouldn't mind getting them.

Decisions, decisions...

I'll wait until event calender at least before figuring out how to tackle this banner.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, everyone having either L!Azura or Surtr sounds terrifying.

Also, I'm guess Spring Breeze did get nerfed after all. I knew I didn't remember the upper two blocks being breakable before.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to pull Ike for fodder purposes, got him relatively quick, lets check IVs (+Atk/-Res).... Well shit

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Part of me wants Fury 4 for Arvis since his renewal ring makes the extra 2 damage mostly neglible and he's my favorite unit so I want him to have the best toys. I'm also wondering if Fury 4 is great for arena; Arvis makes fantastic support so he'll be part of my arena core but I'm not sure if I can justify Fury 4 (a great 300 sp skill for him) over the inevitable red duel infantry.

I also like the Ike and Soren alts but I don't know of I'll actually use them but I wouldn't mind getting them.

Decisions, decisions...

I'll wait until event calender at least before figuring out how to tackle this banner.

Threw Arvis and Soren in the Arena score calc, they have similar BST totals. Gave them about the same builds, sans weapon of course, and Soren with the duel skill hits 750 when +10 (neutral IVs). Arvis with Fury 4 hits 740 at +10, Soren with Fury 4 hits 742.

So it's about a differen of 8 to 10 points. Still, 740 is a good high number and i think 750 is about the highest you can go on an infantry mage, even a max score built Laegjarn just hits 750.

Imo, if Fury 4 is viable on him, go for it. I imagine if you would want to compete for permanet residence in T21, you'd look into the armoured kid dragons or Surtr and not Arvis. ^^

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Threw Arvis and Soren in the Arena score calc, they have similar BST totals. Gave them about the same builds, sans weapon of course, and Soren with the duel skill hits 750 when +10 (neutral IVs). Arvis with Fury 4 hits 740 at +10, Soren with Fury 4 hits 742.

So it's about a differen of 8 to 10 points. Still, 740 is a good high number and i think 750 is about the highest you can go on an infantry mage, even a max score built Laegjarn just hits 750.

Imo, if Fury 4 is viable on him, go for it. I imagine if you would want to compete for permanet residence in T21, you'd look into the armoured kid dragons or Surtr and not Arvis. ^^

The other thing is Arvis has a prf B, which I think scores better?

In either case, thanks for those calculations. If the event calendar looks clear, I might very well go for Fury 4.

And I'm not aiming for T21. That requires building armors and I don't like armors.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
The other thing is Arvis has a prf B, which I think scores better?

In either case, thanks for those calculations. If the event calendar looks clear, I might very well go for Fury 4.

And I'm not aiming for T21. That requires building armors and I don't like armors.

If Gamepedia didn't make a mistake, his exclusive B-skill even scores lower than say ... a chill skill. Recovery Ring is worth 200 SP, chills are 240 SP. Same on Gamepress. So actually, going simply by scoring, you should remove Recovery Ring. ^^

And you can be T20.5 without high merged armors. Most of my go to Arena units are infantry and fliers, with Titania being the odd and single cav. I join T21 every other week without issues. Though if you want to stay there, yeah there's no way around +10 armor units.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
If Gamepedia didn't make a mistake, his exclusive B-skill even scores lower than say ... a chill skill. Recovery Ring is worth 200 SP, chills are 240 SP. Same on Gamepress. So actually, going simply by scoring, you should remove Recovery Ring. ^^

And you can be T20.5 without high merged armors. Most of my go to Arena units are infantry and fliers, with Titania being the odd and single cav. I join T21 every other week without issues. Though if you want to stay there, yeah there's no way around +10 armor units.
You're right. Recovery Ring is 200 sp.

That's unfortunate, since recovery ring is really what brings Arvis together. Fury increases his stats, and he wants all of them, and recovery ring heals fury's recoil damage. Ardent Sacrifice helps him be a healer but in arena I get dual tallies + or bust; ardent sacrifice is not the worst lost.

Without recovery ring, fort def/Res 3 (and I have a Kliff lying around) becomes his best option since it optimizes his ploying.

So, hmmm...

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'd keep Recovery Ring, but i also usually like to build heroes around their exclusive skills ... if they don't plain suck of course. ^^

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I'd keep Recovery Ring, but i also usually like to build heroes around their exclusive skills ... if they don't plain suck of course. ^^
Yeah. Fury 4 isn't going to help as much with arena as I like but Arvis is my favorite unit so I may still go for it.

But first, let's see what the event calendar is. If the next new heroes is the binding blade banner and Ayra has no chance to appear on a banner, then I think I'll go to first pitybreaker at least. Even Mist has a dual rally which isn't useless.

Edit: a partial even calender was datamined. Nothing about banners (just events) , but you'll get an idea when more orbs open up: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...20s_event_calendar/?utm_source=reddit-android

We can also infer the legendary banner is the 27th, so look forward to that.

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Missed on Hector yesterday and Myrrh today. Would've pulled extra greens if they were there. Ah well.

With these daily banners, I think IS should start some kind of regular rotation of old banners. It might be good for their revenue. Call 'em Silver Banners or something. I had the temptation to spend more of my orbs to pull for Myrrh merges (even though I am currently saving) since she is a +3 mini-project. I know a lot of other established players have 5* exclusive projects that they would probably pull/spend if they showed up regularly. Like, they don't have to offer someone like Hector in the rotation. But if you had a rotation of like, Micaiah -> Sigurd -> Julia -> Saber -> Amelia, something like that, you probably could get some people to stop stockpiling so much.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It only took 50 orbs
Screenshot_20190208-144714_Fire_Emblem_Heroes.jpg

This banner is such an easy skip
Every banner is an easy skip if don't like the characters. People like Ike, Soren and Greil, they don't need super rare units to sell. Also I would argue that sword amor is very rare, we only have Arden, Zephiel, BK, Draug and Zelgius

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I want to pull but it seems foolish to invest in seasonals unless you have the orbs to get 11 copies. They are only rerun in legendary banners and those are horrible for getting one specific unit.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Got a random BEphraim dupe today and I don't know who to fodder him to and what to fodder. I've been wanting a second Armor Marcher for the longest time but not really sure who'd be the best candidate for that. If I were to fodder Special Fighter then I'd give it to LTiki but I dunno, Bold Fighter is just more reliable imo. Special Fighter would only be amazing for HMyrrh but I don't have her.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Also this month's legendary banner may have Brave Celica, Hrid, and Hoshidan Micaiah on red if the new legendary Hero isn't red. Which I'm guessing it's going to be green to balance Gunnthra.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Maybe you'll get lucky and get an H!Myrrh at rollover :p

Between armor march and special fighter, find SF to be more valuable. Not only is it locked to Mr. Garm and a seasonal, but armor march is like the swift sparrow of armor units. Amelia and BEmph have it, as well as V!Lyn when she returns next week, and who knows how many units in the season fest. If no one is dying for armor march, I'd just hold onto BEmph until you have a better idea what to do with him.

Okamiden

Oct 25, 2017
Got my tenth Myrrh. Only one more to go but I'm out of orbs and I don't spend money. Oh well, she often gets banners.

My current Myrrh is +res. I just got a +atk one and I can't decide if that's better. Sitting at 39 def/38 res currently after 3 dragonflower levels on my +8 Myrrh and it's beautiful. But extra attack is extra attack.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Got my tenth Myrrh. Only one more to go but I'm out of orbs and I don't spend money. Oh well, she often gets banners.

My current Myrrh is +res. I just got a +atk one and I can't decide if that's better. Sitting at 39 def/38 res currently after 3 dragonflower levels on my +8 Myrrh and it's beautiful. But extra attack is extra attack.
wtf, have you totally been F2P the whole time and you already got 10 Myrrhs??

HOW -- are you always super lucky in games like this?? jeez

Okamiden

Oct 25, 2017
wtf, have you totally been F2P the whole time and you already got 10 Myrrhs??

HOW -- are you always super lucky in games like this?? jeez

I do spend all my orbs on every Myrrh banner, because I just really love her play style and I already have a fully merged team of ftp dragons. We get an average of like 300 orbs a month, so it's doable. If a ftp wanted to, they could (probably) have multiple +10 exclusives by now, considering the average amount of orbs required for a +10 in, say, a Hero fest, must be something like 1500~2000, which is just 5~7 months worth of ftp orbs, but this does require more restraint than I have.

I've spent 5 bucks on the black knight deal once but that's it.

Anyway, +atk will make my Myrrh have 60 attack. Dang. Gotta go with the round number.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Sniped a few green orbs on a whim and got Greil. Perfect. Arvis is going to get a new toy. I spent 15 orbs last night and 22 today so that's fair. Just glad I can stop thinking about it.

And I'll see who I get tonight for season fest. But Greil, Hector, and W!Lissa are all fodder along with a possible season unit so HM farming is absolutely happening this weekend.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I do spend all my orbs on every Myrrh banner, because I just really love her play style and I already have a fully merged team of ftp dragons. We get an average of like 300 orbs a month, so it's doable. If a ftp wanted to, they could (probably) have multiple +10 exclusives by now, considering the average amount of orbs required for a +10 in, say, a Hero fest, must be something like 1500~2000, which is just 5~7 months worth of ftp orbs, but this does require more restraint than I have.
ohhh do you specifically snipe Myrrh you mean??

Okamiden

Oct 25, 2017
ohhh do you specifically snipe Myrrh you mean??

Yup! Whenever a Myrrh banner is announced, I use all my orbs to target greens.

The sad thing is, at +8 (which she's been at for months), she was just short of scoring enough to make it into my arena team, consisting of +10 Nowi, Fae and ATiki (and weekly bonus unit). But now, she scores as much as the others, so she's gonna take Fae's or Tiki's place.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Atk/Res Link is going on Bowcina and I'll keep the other.

I also have a question: what are people using their favorite categories for? I know many people used theirs to identify Boons and banes at a glance, but since that is no longer necessary... As for me, I use them to identify blessings. It's useful for maximising AA scores and making sure that I have a good roster for Blessed Gardens runs, but hardly essential so I'm open to other ideas.

Last edited:

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I also have a question: what are people using their favorite categories for? I know many people used theirs to identify Boons and banes at a glance, but since that is no longer necessary... As for me, I use them to identify blessings. It's useful for maximising AA scores and making sure that I have a good roster for Blessed Gardens runs, but hardly essential so I'm open to other ideas.
I only use 2 colors for favorites --

One is for chars with the ideal boon/bane (well now only boon).

Second is for neutral stat unmerged chars, that are used in F2P guides when I need to look them up on youtube.

Iadien

Oct 25, 2017
I had the best luck for me ever in this game, my free summon was 3 star Corrin, but for my second and third pull I got Ike and Mist.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it was a good idea to do at least one full pull on this banner instead of skipping it.

Dy7t9cuVAAACJw0.jpg:large

I hadn't gotten double 5*s in a circle at all before the beast banner, and now it's happened again - I guess I'll pull nothing but Bartres until next Christmas.

Oct 25, 2017
Event Calendar is up in-app.
We're getting a buttload of banners in the coming weeks, it feels.
And two New Heroes banners in a row.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I, for one, am genuinely shocked Binding Blade isn't the next new heroes banner.

I'll be saving up orbs like it's the next Genealogy one, but I don't *think* it's likely. No obvious banners where Ayra can appear but in all likelihood Alm will finally come back on a banner. hip hip hooray.

Status
Not open for further replies.