• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Introducing Falling Heroes featuring Florina, Emmeryn, and Scarlet with Kaze as the GHB.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Ayyyyyy! Two more new hero banners!

Well I'll at least see what interesting heroes (and skills) we are getting.

And well shit! Not to mention 2nd Anniversary banner running alongside the legendary summoning event.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I, for one, am genuinely shocked Binding Blade isn't the next new heroes banner.

I'll be saving up orbs like it's the next Genealogy one, but I don't *think* it's likely. No obvious banners where Ayra can appear but in all likelihood Alm will finally come back on a banner. hip hip hooray.

tbh, part of the problem with Binding Blade is that its pretty hard to make an attractive banner for it, since most of the core people were in launch.

You could add Llugh, Rutger, Percival, or Malady (combination of good or relatively popular units) and it just doesn't really resonate. I would love Sue as well, but they seem to be afraid of horse archers.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, what a great calendar. Wasn't expecting 2 new heroes banners in a row. I guess it makes sense after back-to-back seasonals. It's nice scheduling, though. I usually don't care about Forging Bonds much, but getting some free summon tickets would be nice.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
tbh, part of the problem with Binding Blade is that its pretty hard to make an attractive banenr for it, since most of the core people were in launch.

You could add Llugh, Rutger, Percival, or Malady (combination of good or relatively popular units) and it just doesn't really resonate
What about Larum? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But I'm curious who IntSys will include on their Binding Blade banner since, honestly, the most iconic characters have been included as you said. All I know is there better be Gonzales and he better be drawn by Ippei.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
What about Larum? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But I'm curious who IntSys will include on their Binding Blade banner since, honestly, the most iconic characters have been included as you said. All I know is there better be Gonzales and he better be drawn by Ippei.

I'm expecting a roy or lilina alt tbh.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Finally we will have an ophelia banner that she isn't sharing color, thank you.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would say that? -1cd, 1 extra mt and the special effects are too much, specially tharja's effect that woud be great even if it wasn't a bladetome

We're on year 2 of FEH and you think its too much? Really?

Balancing in a way wherein everything approaches parity is absolutely not even close to this game's goal. Instead, upgrading characters in a way that makes them fun and worth revisiting should be the way to go. Hence why these special effects are a good thing.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
We're on year 2 of FEH and you think its too much? Really?

Balancing in a way wherein everything approaches parity is absolutely not even close to this game's goal. Instead, upgrading characters in a way that makes them fun and worth revisiting should be the way to go. Hence why these special effects are a good thing.
Well I don't think bladetomes are a fun concept to begin with, making a better bladetome just makes I dislike it more. Odin is my favourite character and while i apreciate that he is useful now i am still disappointed that they couldn't give him a weapon with a cool gimmick

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Free +Atk Ike on the TT banner. Nice to fix my -Atk Ike. Recent good luck makes me scared to pull on the seasonal.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I got an off-banner Karla on the daily reissue banner, and SY!Tiki from the second year seasonal banner. Both +SPD/-HP.

Karla is cool, and even though I try to avoid using lolis, this Tiki is optimal and can be part of a flying dragon team. (Just need a blue flying dragon now.) Obviously very good luck today. Still want Micaiah and Gunnthra more though.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I got a Gray on the daily banner and NY Gunnthra as my seasonal.

I never trained a sword flier (never got around to it) so happy with Gunnthra.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I'm sure it's a coincidence but I also got a free 5 star from the daily banner (Soren) and got S!Tana from the free seasonals, both +Res/-Def.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
No blues. -Atk NY!Fjorm. Whee. Maybe I can give Atk/Spd Link to L!Lucina. If I ever get her. Free seasonals were one big waste.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
After both banners I'm pretty happy with my result. Got Bridal Cordelia on the first banner to fix the -spd one that's been haunting my barracks for close to two years now. The second one today tossed me a Gunnthra who I tried and failed to get on her banner last month.

Wish it were a more level playing field though and that stuff was neutral.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Free pull time... going red all day everyday baby... oh ffs no red orbs....

*finds reddit thread with all fodder skills listed*

Lets go green!

Got a +res-hp LA!Hector, so I either merge up current +res-def LA!Hector or I have distant counter fodder, win win. Either way I'll wait until his rerun banner is finished before deciding.... would hate to merge them and pull a +atk one off his banner...

Got my tenth Myrrh. Only one more to go but I'm out of orbs and I don't spend money. Oh well, she often gets banners.

My current Myrrh is +res. I just got a +atk one and I can't decide if that's better. Sitting at 39 def/38 res currently after 3 dragonflower levels on my +8 Myrrh and it's beautiful. But extra attack is extra attack.

I had a +8 Myrrh after that best legendary banner lineup ever (Lector, Brave Ike, Myrrh) and spent money to get her to +10 on her next banner (was like a week after IIRC). Since that point I've been pity broken by her twice.... kinda facing the same dilema right now with my +8 Mia and her showing up on one of those daily banners right now.... 70 orbs to get a Lene.... F.....

Anyway back to Myrrh, the only thing I'll take over +atk is +def so her weapon effect can go off more.

+def -> +atk -> neutral -> +res

It only took 50 orbs
Screenshot_20190208-144714_Fire_Emblem_Heroes.jpg

Every banner is an easy skip if don't like the characters. People like Ike, Soren and Greil, they don't need super rare units to sell. Also I would argue that sword amor is very rare, we only have Arden, Zephiel, BK, Draug and Zelgius

I have a +10 Brave Ike.

This banner is an easy skip since there is no meta defining unit on it, it's defining feature will be Fury 4 which will end up on other units eventually anyway.

You mention we only have 5 sword armors already, that might not seem like much but when 3 of them are free units and another one is in the 3-4 star pool.... everyone has 4 out of 5 armor swords already. Now compare that to axe armors, we have 11 and only 1 is free and 1 more is in the 3-4 star pool.

Also Black Knight is arguably better than GD!Ike because of his prf weapon (which might be refinable soon) and Black luna being much better than Radiant Aether. *If they refine DC weapons and give it to GD!Ike afterwards than he's a lot better than he is now*

Now compared to red cav tome, there is only 2 in the game and both are 5 star exclusive.

Soren - Fantastic offensive spread, but will never get out of Reinhardt's shadow.
Greil - Green Armor is one of the most competitive positions around.... L!Hector, Surtr, B!Ephraim, LA!Hector etc and than you can add the dragon armors and yeah....

Well I don't think bladetomes are a fun concept to begin with, making a better bladetome just makes I dislike it more. Odin is my favourite character and while i apreciate that he is useful now i am still disappointed that they couldn't give him a weapon with a cool gimmick

How is Odin smiting people around and giving them +12-24 stats not a cool gimmick? Or having amazing team synergy with units like L!Lucina and Laevatein?

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Both my free 5*s were bad, oh well. 5* inigo and valentine's Liliana, both already had and didn't need a merge for either.

Would have preferred 50 orbs in retrospect, haha.

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
Got a free OG Ike from the TT banner, I never drew him before and I'll gladly use him as my TT bonus unit.
From the other banner I got NY!Hríd.

Scruffy

Oct 28, 2017
I also got 2 free dupes from the 5 star banners. To top it off, they have worse IVs than the original ones I had. Time to eat these new units to patch up the boons of the old units.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
No red orbs for the seasonal freebie, ended up with -Spd S!Alphonse. Free pull luck continues to disappoint.

Then finally pull Greil! He's +Spd...

Well, got one of the new seasonals now at least. Might try again later for a new one or Ike.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Wanted red orbs from the special banner, none of course. Green got me dancing Elincia, least wanted hero from green.

3* trash from TT banner, of course.

Missing focus color and 3* trash from the daily re-run. Of. Course.

Screw this. This isn't bad luck anymore, it's pure fuckery

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Got H!Myrrh \o/
+HP -RES tho

Got jackshit on the other banners, except for a Siegbert after ~25 orbs on the valentines one...

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got Bride Ninian for my Year 2 freebie. I already have one so I'll probably just give her Chill Atk skill to one of my +10 projects.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my fucking GOD.

Four blue. One red.

I barely have any of the heroes listed, anyway so I go blue.

Summer Camilla which I already have snd don't use.

What a fucked up gacha system.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I lucked out so hard on my free seasonals, my first was W!Tharja (already +10 which means great fodder), today was HS!Micaiah which was my most-wanted from the banner.

I'll have about 200 orbs for Micaiah merges on tomorrow's banner, with some luck I might get 2 of them.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got NY!Hrid. Not one of my most wanted units here but I lucked out with HJakob on the first one, so it's cool. Dunno if I am ever going to use him. Tempted to just fodder Hone Atk 4 off to L!Azura, to be honest. Lavatein, L!Marth, and the Bladetomes would appreciated the extra 4 stat points.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I got no red so I went green and got Kagero. Bold Fighter fodder is nice, and I could even give her another dagger instead.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Day 1: 3* Olivia
Day 2: OG Azura
Day 3: Julia
Day 4: 4* Abel
Day 5: 3* Henry
Day 6: 4* Arthur
Day 7: 3* Soren (and 4* Silvia)
Day 8: 4* Hana

TT+ banner gave me 3* Palla.

And free seasonal banner pull gives me HS!Xander. HP+/SPD- eh.... well he is a dancer at least. And doing a dance that I will refer to as the Dancing Crab.

Mostly wanted H!Mia so gonna have to be lucky to pull one whenever she appears in a leg banner (hopefully not the one coming at the end of this month).

kierwynn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Saw the new free banner come up. I wanted red, but blue would be a good second choice if I don't happen to get any reds!

2019-02-09_04.06.50.png

Oh, okay... so this is how its gonna be, huh? Well, at least it gave me another S!Takumi so I can +2 him...

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I got no red so I went green and got Kagero. Bold Fighter fodder is nice, and I could even give her another dagger instead.
I also didn't get any reds so I went for Green. I got my first LA!Lilina (+ATK/-HP). Not bad but she seems underwhelming as a unit.

Daily banners have yet to give me any 5* hero.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
If you have a spare copy of one of the anti-dragon daggers, H!Kagero does very well with them. Even against some reds with some Res boosts she annihilates them.

Don't have that. She has an attack wave too which makes fodder a tougher decision.

If I wasn't investing in WCecilia I would seriously consider using her on an armour team. Maybe I'll get a merge when she appears on a legendary banner.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I got a hp+ spd- Bridal Sanaki.

Well hopefully the free voted adventure banner dosent suck to make up for this.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Got Hone Attack 4 fodder for LAzura. Not what I was aiming for but it's more incentive for me to build a Tharja, hmmm.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
So, what should I do with Gray? He's -hp +spd iirc but I wish I could find a better use than giving his Zanbato to Leif or another one of my Jugdral characters, but he just seems too underwhelming without serious investment. Thoughts?

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
So, what should I do with Gray? He's -hp +spd iirc but I wish I could find a better use than giving his Zanbato to Leif or another one of my Jugdral characters, but he just seems too underwhelming without serious investment. Thoughts?

He's just my Sword Valor slave. I have 3 Horse Chroms but I usually use him instead. He's not particularly bad but there are just so many swords that outclass him entirely.

Got Bridal Tharja from the 5* summon. Really didn't want anyone in particular but I only had a few from Red, so I'll take her. -Atk but whatever

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
hey Team!

sorry if this seems like a lazy question, but with over 300+ chars in the game now it's overwhelming and hard to keep track of who has what

My question is which are the "best" or most meta weapons to modify (with Divine Dew, not Refining Stones). Because I have a very limited supply of Divine Dew, so I don't want to waste any

thx in advance!

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
He's just my Sword Valor slave. I have 3 Horse Chroms but I usually use him instead. He's not particularly bad but there are just so many swords that outclass him entirely.

Got Bridal Tharja from the 5* summon. Really didn't want anyone in particular but I only had a few from Red, so I'll take her. -Atk but whatever
I tend to use Lene for sword valor since she's also a dancer.

I'll probably find some use for Zanbato eventually. In the mean time, I'll just use him in AA since effective damage against horses isn't the most useful thing in the world.

and lmao, I was so tired setting up the HM farming loop last night that I forgot to HM farm W!Lissa and instead included Masked Marth has a filler HM battery. Whoops. Oh well, not a big deal. I might do another HM loop tonight for more feathers, but there isn't any premium fodder I need to kill so I might not. Greil and Hector--for Fury 4 and DC--were the only reason I did HM farming. There isn't any armor right now I want to give bold fighter too so *shrugs*.

Status
Not open for further replies.