• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny they made Duma a Mythic Hero when he completely clowns Arena mode. He'd be better as a Legendary.

is there any other dancer with something like Gray Waves, or that's the only one so far?

If you have NY!Azura, you can simulate it on Fliers teams using Hone Fliers plus one of the defensive dance skills (ideally Geyser Dance). Otherwise, you'd only be able to cobble together Tactics and Dance skills. Or PA!Azura.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
It's funny they made Duma a Mythic Hero when he completely clowns Arena mode. He'd be better as a Legendary.

If you have NY!Azura, you can simulate it on Fliers teams using Hone Fliers plus one of the defensive dance skills (ideally Geyser Dance). Otherwise, you'd only be able to cobble together Tactics and Dance skills. Or PA!Azura.

Wouldn't that reproduce the effect of Prayer Wheel? Grey Waves' gimmick is it add movements to infantry and fliers.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Azura is the only dancer from fates so she is the only dancer to get special treatment by the devs
Wouldn't that reproduce the effect of Prayer Wheel? Grey Waves' gimmick is it add movements to infantry and fliers.
Oh yeah, I mixed up her skills. Her kit is so standard it all blends together. Then yeah, no dice on movement changes.
ok dratz!

well maybe that's a good thing, i dunno

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
ok dratz!

well maybe that's a good thing, i dunno
The thing is, while L!Azura is very good dancer, almost every dancer has their niche and there are reasons to use them over L!Azura.

The clearest example is HS!Micaiah, with her solid attack and amazing dawn suzu tome can cleanly delete almost any armor or horse. Smolzura, provided she's adjacent to someone, can be a surprisingly effective EP mage--say for deleting Reinhardt. Reyson/Leanne can add +1 movement to themselves--and Reyson can be found at 4*. Silvia, another common pool dancer, has a surprisingly solid HP pool that with the right resources can become a solid infantry pulse bot.

The three common pool dancers are OG!Olivia, Reyson, and Silvia; Smolzura is the heroic grail shop.

Granted, L!Azura is still arguably the best dancer because easy +6 buffs and +1 movement is really good, so while she's generally more useful certain dancers might be better fits for certain teams. The next best dancer is probably Reyson (or Leanne, but Reyson is easier to get), so they might be worth looking at.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The thing is, while L!Azura is very good dancer, almost every dancer has their niche and there are reasons to use them over L!Azura.

The clearest example is HS!Micaiah, with her solid attack and amazing dawn suzu tome can cleanly delete almost any armor or horse. Smolzura, provided she's adjacent to someone, can be a surprisingly effective EP mage--say for deleting Reinhardt. Reyson/Leanne can add +1 movement to themselves--and Reyson can be found at 4*. Silvia, another common pool dancer, has a surprisingly solid HP pool that with the right resources can become a solid infantry pulse bot.

The three common pool dancers are OG!Olivia, Reyson, and Silvia; Smolzura is the heroic grail shop.

Granted, L!Azura is still arguably the best dancer because easy +6 buffs and +1 movement is really good, so while she's generally more useful certain dancers might be better fits for certain teams. The next best dancer is probably Reyson (or Leanne, but Reyson is easier to get), so they might be worth looking at.
yeah the Micaiah for sure, unfortunately she's one of the very few chars on the entire roster that I don't have

which one is Smolzura?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Sunday: OMG, all three focus colors on the re-run! 3* trash ....

Monday 1: Tiki/Nowi banner, lemme pull for MGrima, no green orbs. Got focus, 3* ATiki ....

Monday 2: Missing focus color on the re-run (blue), pulled green. OMG 4* ... Barst.

I know it's RNG, but it's so hard not to see this as some sort of behind the app-scenes fuckery ... at this point i would even be thankful for at least some useful 4*, either for fodder or ... dunno a Reyson with not shitty IVs, or rather no shitty boons.

But hey, those who mentioned that people in here are always lucky or only post when they have good luck. You can use the re-runs as your proof that absolute dire luck exists and that you have people write about it. ^^

Wondering if IS tells us who won the spots on the celebration focus banner in the coming days.

E: Oh wow, completely missed the new schedule. Thanks Nintendo Germany for not translating and showing them in-game. Really great work.

So two new hero banners in a row, guess IS finally noticed we're still in chapter 3 of Book 3. March one is Blazing Blade (or was it Binding Blade?), the one for next week is unkown. And it comes with another GHB.

Let's hope the GHB is better than Valentania, she's a bit underwhelming in terms of stats and skills. Spellrika actually puts the stat points into where it matters, Spd and (slightly) Atk, but Valentania had to put some points in Res for whatever reason. And skills ... really? TA3? Really IS? The link skill is ok, but reeeeeeally TA3?

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And skills ... really? TA3? Really IS? The link skill is ok, but reeeeeeally TA3?

It was probably to keep her inline with normal titania whose weapons all have triangle adept built in. Just don't use it if you don't want it. Attack/Res link was meant to be her premium skill, not TA. I gave her death blow to shore her attack up a bit.

The banner in march is binding blade(Roys game) . The other one is presumably fates or awakening, else they would have announced it ahead of time at the same point they did the tellius and Elibe banner.

Last edited:

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm... Looks like they've changed the rewards for Tap Battles. They've added Dueling Crests and badges into the mix (at least, might be more differences I've not seen yet), while changing the Tap Battle quests to have two 5 orb payouts. Not sure if it's a change in total orbs or not :/.

Nov 7, 2017
Day 1: 3* Cecilia
Day 2: 4* Azama
Day 3: 4* Morgan (M)
Day 4: 5* Reinhardt
Day 5: 4* Draug
Day 6: 4* Hawkeye
Day 7: 4* Jagen
Day 8: 4* Seliph
Day 9: 5* Micaiah
Day 10: 3* Nino

Got 4* Reinhardt on LA rerun

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone clear a thing on my mind? Arvis talks about the Fire Emblem of House Velthomer(On Tap battle) but i don't remember the Fire Emblem being involved in FE4. Or am i remembering wrong?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It was probably to keep her inline with normal titania whose weapons all have triangle adept built in. Just don't use it if you don't want it. Attack/Res link was meant to be her premium skill, not TA. I gave her death blow to shore her attack up a bit.

The banner in march is binding blade(Roys game) . The other one is presumably fates or awakening, else they would have announced it ahead of time at the same point they did the tellius and Elibe banner.

It's just that ... as someone who isn't into those link skills, an A-skill with a bit more ... use would've been nice. If IS thinks Titania needs some sort of TA effect, slap it on the weapon, she get's an inherited one some day. ^^

Just because they didn't announce what game the upcoming banner covers doesn't mean it's Fates/Awakening, imo. It's just that RD and Binding Blade haven't seen much to begin with. Looked up at Gamepedia, most Binding Blade units were from 2017, mainly launch even, alts not counted. And about RD, well, players wanted Laguz since launch. ^^

I think the message about Fates/Awakening (or at least their lords) being over-stuffed should have arrived IS by now ... i don't see why Jugdral games/Marth's games/SS aren't as likely for the next banner.

If it IS Fates / Awakening, just be a banner without alts then, or rather without lord alts. I'd take a banner with units like Vaike, Basilio, Flavia, Mozu, regular Charlotte and so on.

Can someone clear a thing on my mind? Arvis talks about the Fire Emblem of House Velthomer(On Tap battle) but i don't remember the Fire Emblem being involved in FE4. Or am i remembering wrong?

If the fandom wikia isn't wrong, it's Velthomer's family crest that was called the Fire Emblem in the game.

Looked it up because i got curious too. ^^

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think the message about Fates/Awakening (or at least their lords) being over-stuffed should have arrived IS by now ... i don't see why Jugdral games/Marth's games/SS aren't as likely for the next banner.

The upcoming banners for January and march were announced to stave off more complaints about a banner of entirely fates alts. The banner in-between those are likely awakening/fates or at minimum a set of alts rather than new units or they would have been included in the announcement, doubly so if they were from one of the underrepresented games.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Day 1: 3* Olivia
Day 2: OG Azura
Day 3: Julia
Day 4: 4* Abel
Day 5: 3* Henry
Day 6: 4* Arthur
Day 7: 3* Soren (and 4* Silvia)
Day 8: 4* Hana
Day 9: 4* M!Robin
Day 10: 3* M!Robin (lol)

LA gave me 2 blue and it gets me 3* Abel and 4* Gwendolyn. :/

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Day 1: 4* Donnel.
Day 2: 4* Clair.
Day 3: 4* Nino.
Day 4: 3* Mathilda (and a 3* Nowi after).
Day 5: 3* Palla.
Day 6: 4* Cherche.
Day 7: 5* Myrrh (and 5* MEirika on same circle).
Day 8: 3* Seth.
Day 9: 4* Silas.
Day 10: 3* Roderick.

K, last day has to be free 5*.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, a free LA!Hector on the rerun banner, that's cool.

Funny because it reminds me of the first run of this banner last year, where I did a yolo summon every day for 2 weeks (with the daily anniversary orbs) and got either an LA!Hector or LA!Lilina every single time.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I reinstalled the game after 2 years, and I got a free Lucina, so yay. Is she good

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Continued my string of nothings on the rerun banner, but got free LA!Lilina on the other one! I don't pull often on seasonal banners, so this is the very first seasonal where I completed the set of all 4 characters. I remember being a really big fan of it last year when it debuted because I still didn't have a Hector nor an armored mage (or even Armored Boots). LA!Hector and LA!Lyn were immediate game changers. Still use them together pretty often in Tempest Trials and stuff.

Basically, Heroes confirms Hector/Lyn is infinitely superior to Eliwood/Lyn. Also Rath doesn't exist here.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I got 5* banner units from both free pulls today (Eternal youth Nowi and blush of youth Lelina), is that guaranteed or am I just getting super lucky?

Oct 25, 2017
All blue circle on the daily, get 5* Nowi
All Red circle on the valentines rerun (cool, not even a chance at a banner unit) 5* Gray

I never get anything cool when I free pull a 5*...

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Is Gamepedia slow and choppy as heck for anyone else? Constant site reloards and all.

The upcoming banners for January and march were announced to stave off more complaints about a banner of entirely fates alts. The banner in-between those are likely awakening/fates or at minimum a set of alts rather than new units or they would have been included in the announcement, doubly so if they were from one of the underrepresented games.

I can remember IS announcing from which game a banner is about exactly once before RD/Binding Blade, so i don't think that there's any connection to no announcement and next weeks banner being either full of alt, Fates / Awakening or even both.

In the end, it's IS, and a banner full of Fates / Awakening alts is possible, i just don't think it's set and other games have just the same chance of being featured in this banner ... outside of RD and Binding Blade obviously.

I reinstalled the game after 2 years, and I got a free Lucina, so yay. Is she good

Erm .... which one? There's 4 Lucinas from which 2 are possible pulls in all banners. ^^

All blue circle on the daily, get 5* Nowi
All Red circle on the valentines rerun (cool, not even a chance at a banner unit) 5* Gray

I never get anything cool when I free pull a 5*...

At least you get 5* ones. But feel free to swap with me, i got a whoopin' 2 4* heroes and the rest only 3* from the banner re-runs. Wait, i mixed it up in my first post today, Nowi's banner is the daily re-run, so it's one (!) 4* and the rest only 3* from the daily anniversary re-runs.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The rerun banner gave me a free Zelgius. So now I can merge with my other one for a baneless def+ Zelgius.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Is the other March banner in the calendar a regular one? Because I think is in March when they do the brides banners, no?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is Gamepedia slow and choppy as heck for anyone else? Constant site reloards and all.

I can remember IS announcing from which game a banner is about exactly once before RD/Binding Blade, so i don't think that there's any connection to no announcement and next weeks banner being either full of alt, Fates / Awakening or even both.

In the end, it's IS, and a banner full of Fates / Awakening alts is possible, i just don't think it's set and other games have just the same chance of being featured in this banner ... outside of RD and Binding Blade obviously.

Erm .... which one? There's 4 Lucinas from which 2 are possible pulls in all banners. ^^

At least you get 5* ones. But feel free to swap with me, i got a whoopin' 2 4* heroes and the rest only 3* from the banner re-runs. Wait, i mixed it up in my first post today, Nowi's banner is the daily re-run, so it's one (!) 4* and the rest only 3* from the daily anniversary re-runs.

The one that was given for free, at least I had the option to pick 4 heroes and Lucina was one of them

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I got 2 Merrics as my free summons for today. Sometimes I want to uninstall this game so bad.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Tried to snipe for Grima to fix his RES superbane, that is around 200 orbs drained from my stash, I shoud follow my own advise, dont be greedy and hunt to fix IVs

Hey atleast I got 2 Reysons (Fist time summoning him) and one of them is +SPD, the one ray of sunlight

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

If there was another underrepresented game, they would have said so. The announcement wouldn't have been Tellius in January, Elibe in march, while keeping a FE4 or 8 banner with new units inbetween the two.

In that case, the announcement would have been brand new Tellius in January, brand new Sacred stones (or whatever) units in February, brand new Elibe in march. Last February only had Alts as new units too (valentine's and fallen heroes). So it's almost guaranteed that it's either Alts of existing characters or fates awakening units, if they're new characters.

I suppose there's a big longshot that it could be really early three houses units, but that's unlikely at best.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So, farmed those heroic ordeals for the fliers, only Reyson (untrained, 4*, shit boon) and 7 gen 1 fliers left for their rewards. I currently have 606 flier Dragonflowers in my inventory, together with the remaining 54 ones, that's 660 Dragonflowers for my fliers.

Total of +6 stats for a good chunk of work ... yeah, still thinking and hoping for some alternative method to farm/obtain them. Sorry Clair, you could need the stats but i'm on save-mode for those.

If there was another underrepresented game, they would have said so. The announcement wouldn't have been Tellius in January, Elibe in march, while keeping a FE4 or 8 banner with new units inbetween the two.

In that case, the announcement would have been brand new Tellius in January, brand new Sacred stones (or whatever) units in February, brand new Elibe in march. Last February only had Alts as new units too (valentine's and fallen heroes).

Look, they don't have to announce every banner that isn't Fates/Awakening beforehand. Jugdral games / SS / Echoes have had new units in between during Book 2/3 and could get another dedicated banner without a need to make an announcement or specifically mention them within the announcement of RD/Binding Blade appearances.

Could be another fallen heroes, but even in that case, there's plenty of possible heroes outside of Fates/Awakening.

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I'm hoping the anniversary banner will have awesome units and that it will be like a Hero Fest. I should finally reach 1000+ orbs by then.
It's been hard not pulling on seasonals but I must be strong.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Easy, don't pull unless it's free :P (easier said than done).

You wouldn't believe how easy that is with my current luck!

But yeah, only free pulls on re-runs, stopped pulling after getting Greil on the Valentines banner (not that i had many orbs left by then ...), quests, daily rewards and the TT got my orb stash up again a bit.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Look, they don't have to announce every banner that isn't Fates/Awakening beforehand. Jugdral games / SS / Echoes have had new units in between during Book 2/3 and could get another dedicated banner without a need to make an announcement or specifically mention them within the announcement of RD/Binding Blade appearances.

Man, it's Occam's razor. Yes, in principle it could be anything on any unannounced banner. However, if the February banner is anything BUT fates/awakening or Alts of already existing characters (not necessarily fates awakening ones, but not new characters regardless), it would have been damned stupid of them to not announce it at the same time they announced the two months they told us about. Therefore the next banner is almost certainly not new units from a game, unless it's awakening or fates. I wouldn't mind being wrong on this, but I'm probably not.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh this is a good day to pull green... no green orbs on either banner.

Can't really complain since I've gotten good stuff from previous free pulls.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man, it's Occam's razor. Yes, in principle it could be anything on any unannounced banner. However, if the February banner is anything BUT fates/awakening or Alts of already existing characters (not necessarily fates awakening ones, but not new characters regardless), it would have been damned stupid of them to not announce it at the same time they announced the two months they told us about. Therefore the next banner is almost certainly not new units from a game, unless it's awakening or fates. I wouldn't mind being wrong on this, but I'm probably not.

Yeah this won't go anywhere. IS won't make special announcements for each banner that aren't Fates / Awakening (as this was the starting point of the discussion). Alts are possible, no beef here from me, as long as those aren't Fates / Awakening ones again. But alts don't exclude new units, see Noire, Charlotte, Greil ... even Hardin, if next week is something like Fallen Heroes.

Man, imagine we're going into the year without announcements for future new heroes banners (exclude all special heroes banners here) ... if that would always mean just alts of available heroes or Fates / Awakening, IS might just shut down the game as there were no lessons learned from Adrift and the Hot Springs banner. ;]

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this won't go anywhere. IS won't make special announcements for each banner that aren't Fates / Awakening (as this was the starting point of the discussion). Alts are possible, no beef here from me, as long as those aren't Fates / Awakening ones again. But alts don't exclude new units, see Noire, Charlotte, Greil ... even Hardin, if next week is something like Fallen Heroes.

Man, imagine we're going into the year without announcements for future new heroes banners (exclude all special heroes banners here) ... if that would always mean just alts of available heroes or Fates / Awakening, IS might just shut down the game as there were no lessons learned from Adrift and the Hot Springs banner. ;]

If you still don't get it, just say so. It's different BECAUSE they told us what new unit banners were coming for the first quarter of the year, to put off complaints about more fates awakening units being added. That's what makes it obvious that feburaries isn't a new sacred stones units or new judgral units banner, Christ. Obviously anything after the march binding blade banner is who knows what.

Edit: meant quarter, not third.

Last edited:

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
If you still don't get it, just say so. It's different BECAUSE they told us what new unit banners were coming for the first third of the year, to put off complaints about more fates awakening units being added. That's what makes it obvious that feburaries isn't a new sacred stones units or new judgral units banner, Christ. Obviously anything after the march binding blade banner is who knows what.
I agree with this, I think Fates or Awakening is most likely for the next New Heroes banner.

That doesn't mean it has to be that, but it would make sense in the context of them announcing Tellius and FE6 banners ahead of time. They were anticipating the reactions and getting ahead of them.

Plus Beast Units were just introduced, the only other games with Beast units are Fates and Awakening.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
But the waifu factor!
Lyn is more of a waifu character than lucina tho
Anyway even if choosing who you want is prefferred, most f2p guides uses Brave Lyn and almost none use Lance lucina so keep that in mind
Plus Beast Units were just introduced, the only other games with Beast units are Fates and Awakening.
Path of Radiance, in fact PoR alone has more beasts units than both games combined times 2

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We know IS plan units/banners pretty much half a year in advance.

The fates alt flood was already being made even before cyl2 units were released. By the time, I think LLyn was the most disliked banner. 3 months ago, when they told us about the RD and Binding Blade banners, the overall reactions to fates/awakening were much worse than during mid 2017. I would say that was when they realized creating 10 versions of each fates royal except leo was not a good idea. So whatever they started doing after that will probably only start to be released around April.

edit:

I agree. Panne and fates beast units must be really close at this point

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the next banner is the Awakening banner. Their last one was Ylissean Travelers in summer and those, iirc, were the last Awakening units added to the game besides Owain on Brave Redux. Awakening got very strong year one support that it doesn't feel like it needs another banner, but it's gotten surprisingly little love in the past few months.

The only Fates banner I'd tolerate is fates beasts banner, and I think that's coming sooner than later. It stuck me as a little odd Ruler of Laguz leaned so heavily on in the birds, but if Fates beasts were coming to round out infantry with the kitsunes and maybe add armor with the werewolves, it'd make a lot of sense. In either case fates beasts are a matter of time, so they can come whenever.

Sacred Stones is my gut feeling for the next banner. SS had gotten a steady amount of love despite being niche, and I feel it's last banner was Sacred Memories like a year ago? Selene is a solid GHB choice, and characters like Tethys and Cormag are long overdue.

FE4 is possible, but I feel the next FE4 banner is closer to summer. I'm mostly looking at how the three Genealogy banners were spaced.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I would mind because we don't have any popular awakening left to include in the game that isn't a beast
Compare that to Tellius, Thracia or even Genealogy and Elibe that still have some plot relevant characters not in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.