• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Tailtiu is a good candidate but her refined weapon comes with built-in Darting Blow 3 and Wrath (which you can't put on ranged heroes).

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
anytime yall get a spare Hector type with Distant Counter, do you ever merge if you have that Hector, or *always* save for DC inheritance?

I just got some insane ridiculous string of luck, and got 4 spare Hector-LAs from a total of sniping around 12 green stones

it seems like DC is way too valuable to waste merging??

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, distant counter is too good of a skill. If you don't have a very terrible bane to fix or you don't plan to heavily merge Hector you should save that dupe, a single merge doesn't makes a huge difference unless you got hit with a bane in an important stat.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I'd ever merge a Hector with inheritable DC at this point. You don't even need armors for top arena rankings anymore thanks to legendaries, so there are much better choices for arena cores now.

I pulled 9 LA!Hectors last year and saved 8 of them for DC fodder.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, distant counter is too good of a skill. If you don't have a very terrible bane to fix or you don't plan to heavily merge Hector you should save that dupe, a single merge doesn't makes a huge difference unless you got hit with a bane in an important stat.
Not sure I'd ever merge a Hector with inheritable DC at this point. You don't even need armors for top arena rankings anymore thanks to legendaries, so there are much better choices for arena cores now.

I pulled 9 LA!Hectors last year and saved 8 of them for DC fodder.
ok got it, thx Team!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
ok got it, thx Team!

In the end, if you really like Hector and want to merge him, it's your decision. DC got more available thanks to Nailah and partially due to Hrid and Lector being on fixed schedules on the legendary banners.

But personally, i'm on the same side as the others, keep them for DC fodder.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
In the end, if you really like Hector and want to merge him, it's your decision. DC got more available thanks to Nailah and partially due to Hrid and Lector being on fixed schedules on the legendary banners.

But personally, i'm on the same side as the others, keep them for DC fodder.
thx for da further details!

yeah I think I'm just gonna do one merge, because one of the new ones is +ATK which is a super-boon, and my existing Hector-LA is -DEF

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Daily banners are finally done and surprise, surprise, I didn't get jack shit from them. I won't even bother listing the crap I got.
At least the new BHB banner from today surprised me with an Ephraim (infantry). It's my very first one and he even has good IVs (+ATK/-SPD). I'll take it. His refine seems fun to use.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Virion survived first turn, Cherche flies in from like 5 spaces away and deletes my face, goddamn

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Day 1: 4* Donnel.
Day 2: 4* Clair.
Day 3: 4* Nino.
Day 4: 3* Mathilda (and a 3* Nowi after).
Day 5: 3* Palla.
Day 6: 4* Cherche.
Day 7: 5* Myrrh (and 5* MEirika on same circle).
Day 8: 3* Seth.
Day 9: 4* Silas.
Day 10: 3* Roderick.
Day 11: 3* Cordelia (and 3* Sully and 3* Nowi on same circle).

Haul was kinda meh, outside of the 5* Myrrh that pretty much saves the event. Lots of 3* though.

Nov 7, 2017
redtfnk0xrf21.png

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And giving Reinhardt a weapon with built in desperation. I don't know, he isn't that fast of a character to make great use of the skill.

If they gave dire thunder a desperation refine, it would be alright with breaker skills, but the main reason for that would be to buff Olwen while not really giving Reinhardt anything. Since she has much higher speed (34 neutral at +0) she could get use out of it in a fair amount of situations while Reinhardts is so low as it to be almost useless, as you said.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Even at 34 speed, Olwen had trouble. Her weapon gives -5 speed penalty. Between LnD and the new darting blow seal she can reach 40 speed; and apply hone cavalry it's 46 so it's certainly salvageable with the right support, but it's still not ideal.

Tbh, I think just giving darting blow built into her weapon is enough and given the dire thunder siblings are associated with house Freige, it'd be a nice little nod to Tailtiu/Ishtar. Reinhardt will get two extra might (he wouldn't refine for darting blow), but that's about as impactful as a DthB3 Reinhardt going to DthB4.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why Rein has to get a bad refine? He isn't even that polarizing now. If you want olwen to have a niche just give them different refines
I can survive with my most hated character having a busted dancer skill so people can survive reinhardt getting a buff

Give rein a refine that makes his weapon work like SwordRein prf, then you can buff him without making his PP more obnoxious
meanwhile olwen can get swift sparrow or darting blow refine

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Why Rein has to get a bad refine? He isn't even that polarizing now. If you want olwen to have a niche just give them different refines
I can survive with my most hated character having a busted dancer skill so people can survive reinhardt getting a buff
I want Dire Thunder refine to give him DB4. +Eff refine lets him double attack on both phases.
Then we need Blue Duel Cavalry skill to break the meta xD

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018

Because of how weapon data is stored, you can't give Olwen and Reinhardt different refines since there's only one Dire Thunder datafile. I guess you could give one a new prf, but that hasn't happened and I wouldn't count on it. Reinhardt doesn't need a refine but Olwen really does need something to make her more than just bad Reinhardt. Besides, there isn't much Reinhardt would want over a +2 Mt refine, so it isn't like Reinhardt gains nothing from the refine either

This is an issue that affects other units too; L!Ike and OG!Ike are particularly screwed, for example.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Because of how weapon data is stored, you can't give Olwen and Reinhardt different refines since there's only one Dire Thunder datafile. I guess you could give one a new prf, but that hasn't happened and I wouldn't count on it. Reinhardt doesn't need a refine but Olwen really does need something to make her more than just bad Reinhardt. Besides, there isn't much Reinhardt would want over a +2 Mt refine, so it isn't like Reinhardt gains nothing from the refine either

This is an issue that affects other units too; L!Ike and OG!Ike are particularly screwed, for example.
First ranged weapons only get 1 mt, second cherche weapon also only got 1mt despite being a melee weapon so i bet dire thunder wouldn't even get a mt refine
Anyways they can always just change the data to make them differently

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017

Original Falchion has 3 different refines.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
"Falchion" is three different weapons, alms, the awakening crew and Marth have different weapons, they just have the same name.
They're also internally coded as different weapons and are the only instance of this.

Weapons like Ragnall or Dire Thunder aren't tagged by character; when they created L!Ike, for example, they just used the Ragnell file created for Ike.
Oh, ok. I didn't know that. If they REALLY wanted to give Olwen a refine, they could separate her Dire Thunder internally or just give her a new weapon altogether, though. Anything could be done, data can be modified.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Original Falchion has 3 different refines.
Remember how the Falchion looks different depending on the wielder? Those visual differences aspirated them as three discrete weapons in the game data which got expanded on in the refines. Note that Chrom, Lucina and Maskina all have the same refine, because they have the same Falchion in the game data.

To give Rein and Olwen different refines, IS would need to actively separate the two weapons in the data which they haven't done before and would almost certainly be done purely to screw over Reinhardt.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If they cant make the Dire Thunders/Ragnells/Raijintos/Gradivus/etc separate, their code is really bad imo. Any half competent programmer should be able to change that. If they dont do that, its because they don't want, not because they cant

And I agree, Rein and Olwen could use a refine, olwen was always quite weak, and rein was outclassed really hard by ophelia.
I would give QP as a refine for rein, and maybe giga excalibur effect + remove brave penalty for olwen.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
I'd love to be wrong, but i don't think we see 3 Houses in FEH before that game releases.

Echoes got 2 banners before the game released, if I remember correctly. One with Alm and some of his crew, the next one Celica's.

We could maybe see three, one with the lord of each house and their crew (although I'm really hoping they move away from the "retainers"...), or more likely we could see one with the 3 lords and Byleth. I think we'll see at least a few characters before release, it's easy advertisement.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Echoes got 2 banners before the game released, if I remember correctly. One with Alm and some of his crew, the next one Celica's.

We could maybe see three, one with the lord of each house and their crew (although I'm really hoping they move away from the "retainers"...), or more likely we could see one with the 3 lords and Byleth. I think we'll see at least a few characters before release, it's easy advertisement.

Here's the timeline

Alm banner = 4/14/2017
Echoes (Japan) 4/20/2017
Celica banner 5/15/2017
Echoes (US) 5/20/2017

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
Here's the timeline

Alm banner = 4/14/2017
Echoes (Japan) 4/20/2017
Celica banner 5/15/2017
Echoes (US) 5/20/2017

Gotcha, thanks for that. I knew Alm's banner was before release but I was unsure about Celica's. I would hope there would be a much bigger marketing push for Three Houses so I think we'll see the main characters in the game 2-3 weeks before it releases.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
SoV is a remake tho, i bet people would be mad if FEH spoils the game before it even launching.
I prefer they releasing banners a month or so after it releases.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
and rein was outclassed really hard by ophelia.

Even if she's better in some ways, such as being a pain in the arse unit to deal with in aether raids, that still only makes Reinhardt easily the second best blue ranged unit in the game, and he definitely has uses where he outclasses Ophelia.

SoV is a remake tho, i bet people would be mad if FEH spoils the game before it even launching.
I prefer they releasing banners a month or so after it releases.

I'm sure they could make a non-spoilery banner relatively easily if they wanted to. Sure, they'd probably best avoid giving them the endgame weapon like Alm had his Falchion, and base the units on early games versions, but it's doable.

I wonder if it would be worth it though, or if it would be better to wait until a month or two passes like you suggest. I think they probably wouldn't want to miss out on the chance for cross promotion between the two though, so they might not want to wait a month

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
If they do a 3H banner more than just a few days before 3H's release (such as this February), I think it's about getting FE games into feh rather than giving feh fans 3H goodies. "Can't wait to defeat evil with Edelgard? You may not have to if you download feh today."

That said, I don't think we're getting 3H banner until closer to release.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think the best is 3 moths after launch, but I doubt they would contain theselves so at least 2 or 3 weeks afters launch for a banner to make people that buy day 1 have enough time to get attached to the characters
The only exception is if the banner is about the characters before the game, but then it would mean no prf weapons or skill so they can't make OP units like they love to.

Oct 25, 2017
My 11 anniversary freebies:
4* Klein
4* Legault
3* Titania
4* Soleil
5* Roy (our boy)
5* Matthew (mehhhhh)
3* Roy
4* Morgan
4* Florina
3* Abel
4* Azama

Decided to promote a Soleil to eventually replace my current go-to red sword for Arena. Giving her options for both Firesweep and mixed-phase. Because I'm making an educated guess that she's not getting a prf anytime soon.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they designed the Three House characters incrementally so that they have not spoilery base forms for FEH around launch, and various other forms later in the game they can make alts of.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they designed the Three House characters incrementally so that they have not spoilery base forms for FEH around launch, and various other forms later in the game they can make alts of.
You would think that but base form Celica spoils her game anyway

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Japan cares about spoilers nearly as much as the west. They openly use "spoilers" for marketing all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.