• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can I get some feedback on my new AR. You see this map, how would you approach it?

The biggest weakness I can see is you can get a free shot off on your dancer and then potentially kill her with either Reinhardt or brave Lyn , and dance to safety. If I checked correctly, a sufficiently merged Reinhardt can still one turn her with death blow 3 and an attack seal, or one with a quicken pulse moonbow setup will still beat her. My +10 +attached one definitely can anyway. After that, your units will probably move in to a formation where they're easy to pick off with a unit + dancer.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think you can improve the setup by moving your fortress one space down (do this no matter what, you block one more space for the attacking team for no extra cost to you) and moving the bolt tower, fireplace, tactics room all to the far right column to make that less of a big gap too.

I feel like the current positioning of the units could be improved too but it's too late for me to think hard about that. Maybe in the morning.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
The biggest weakness I can see is you can get a free shot off on your dancer and then potentially kill her with either Reinhardt or brave Lyn , and dance to safety. If I checked correctly, a sufficiently merged Reinhardt can still one turn her with death blow 3 and an attack seal, or one with a quicken pulse moonbow setup will still beat her. My +10 +attached one definitely can anyway. After that, your units will probably move in to a formation where they're easy to pick off with a unit + dancer.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think you can improve the setup by moving your fortress one space down (do this no matter what, you block one more space for the attacking team for no extra cost to you) and moving the bolt tower, fireplace, tactics room all to the far right column to make that less of a big gap too.

I feel like the current positioning of the units could be improved too but it's too late for me to think hard about that. Maybe in the morning.

I've had to edit this post so many times I'm rewriting it. First of all, new AR base:

uiUOmFr_d.jpg

And here is detailed info: http://imgur.com/a/lPkVsuO

Okey dokey. So yes, you're absolutely right Silvia is vulnerable and that's a problem and I moved her to the left. Moving more clutter to the right side slows down opponents taking that avenue and moving the fortress down one space is an easy way to make things more cramped.

Now, the quirk that led to too many edits. Feh AI isn't very good and to make Finn an *effective* rally trap means forcing him in front of Arvis. By default, Finn wants to go rally Arvis from the sides.

I kept a building to the right of Arvis (this time, the bonus building, whatever it'd be) to prevent Finn from rallying on that side. The left side required more creative thinking, and I have Ares rally Arvis first (Ares is meant for the endgame) therefore blocking Finn on the left. Then Finn must rally in front of Arvis, Silvia will dance, and Finn can fully cover Arvis. Furthermore, Lewyn and Nanna can move after the rally shenanigans. Lewyn will hopefully do damage (possibly WoM via Finn or attacking with Arvia) and Nanna will heal Finn.

The last adjustment needed was to change Nanna from restore to recover. While this unfortunately makes Nanna more predictable, it's too likely Silvia would dance Nanna instead of Finn.

So, those are the changes in response to your feedback and I greatly appreciate it~
You're completely right about Silvia! And, yeah, I don't think she's resistant enough to stop Reinhardt. I changed it like so:

Note: this is how the base looks after the three edits.

There's a reason I didn't want to move Tactics Room. The rally trap is setup to rally Arvis, but because feh AI is terrible, Finn will try to rally as far away from the danger zone. The tactics room, or some building, needs to be there to force Finn to rally in front of Arvis.

Moving Silvia I think means Finn rally traps anyone baiting Lewyn. I'll test that later, but that's another improvement for moving Silvia.

Thx for you feedback ~

Edit: moving Silvia means Finn now rallies to the left of Arvis and breaks the rally trap. Uggh. :/

Edit 2: I think I have a solution to the previous problem but will need to unlock teams. If Lewyn can rally Arvis first, then Finn rallies Arvis then Silvia should dance Finn. It'll keep the formation of the above so Silvia is less vulnerable.

Edit 3: gave Lewyn rally speed and sure enough he'll move to left of Arvis forcing Finn to move in front of Arvis. Nanna had to change from restore+ to recover+ lest Silvia dance Nanna to recover. That's fine, Nanna is there to give Ares a free cooldown meaning very *very* characters can directly engage him (albeit, Reinhardt and Veronica can). I edited the image showing how the caw looks. I swapped tactics room and bonus structure so it's difficult to approach the left side.

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Nowi, especially with enough back-up, handles the birds normally with ease.

Nowi's biggest problem is she's free as f to Eir who's common as. I haven't touched my defense team since an hour before they nerfed spring breeze, but seeing nowi decimate my team nearly had me swapping in Eir straight away.

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to spend some orbs because I hadn't pulled a beast unit yet and I wasn't going to roll on the next banner.
Somehow in 4 summoning sessions, I pulled an off-focus Nailah and Genny, and then Velouria.
I'll feel a little like a chump if Velouria is demoted... but just a little.

Now I need to decide who's getting Wrathful Staff.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Decided to spend some orbs because I hadn't pulled a beast unit yet and I wasn't going to roll on the next banner.
Somehow in 4 summoning sessions, I pulled an off-focus Nailah and Genny, and then Velouria.
I'll feel a little like a chump if Velouria is demoted... but just a little.

Now I need to decide who's getting Wrathful Staff.

If that happened It's harder to get a four star Velouria off banner than it is to get her 5 star now.... I think I pulled 15 blue 5 stars before I got my first Silas.... now imagine if they just straight demoted units in April... getting a 4 star Reyson will be more hype than a focus unit for me....

Oct 25, 2017
Ah good point - I haven't seen a Reyson or Silas yet, only just got my first Legault recently.
Another mass demotion will only make getting those +10 projects even more difficult.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Ah good point - I haven't seen a Reyson or Silas yet, only just got my first Legault recently.
Another mass demotion will only make getting those +10 projects even more difficult.

iirc, didn't the last major demote move all 4*-5* demotes before Tailtiu to the 3*-4* pool? If something similar happens, Legault and maybe even Silas will become easier to +10

ripperoni reyson +10 though.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Yeah, but there were a boatload of 4-5 units before (Camilla, Klein, Nowi, and Chrom, just picking one of each color) and the demote left us with 5. Since we were on 1 demote per banner at that point, they'd be dropping at most a dozen units - and 4/5s aren't as big a problem as say, OG Ryoma/Young Tiki/Luke/Leo pity breaking you on red now.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to seeing if Kaden and/or Velouria demote tomorrow. I am utterly broke and am therefore attempting No Pull March, but hopefully I can get one of the green units with any free pulls. Even if the green units don't end up being amazing, those double-green banners give decent odds.

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
This is the most interesting demote in a long time, please be Velouria, I don't care that I got you with a 35 orb pack after getting upto 4.5% f2p, 4-5 star is the only way to keep the +10 dream alive.

And I wouldn't mind seeing some old 5 stars turn into 4-5 stars, some 3-4 along with the old 4-5 crew as well as reverting some 3-4 heroes to 2-3....

2 you say? Won't show up in normal summoning, add a daily pull banner like FGO's friendship banner that lets you do a free pull each day (Epic Seven letting you do this with it's normal gatcha is good)

Give you a chance of getting Fury Master @ 3 star in normal summons but 2-3 star in whatever this one is, yeah it sucks you'll need to blow 2k feathers every time but more availability is good.

Anyway please demote Velouria, please someone demote.

Edit - Get stuffed IS

1 red, 3 greens 1 grey, free summon idunn? idunn think so, please give me Reyson with the 3 greens.. Bartre, Titania... Lugh....

I'll take it.

+atk -hp as well.

Key to getting 5 star green units, hope for a 4 star Reyson!

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Reyson's going to totally be my new Silas.... current green 5 star count since Reyson's demote... 2....

lmao no demote.

but seriously that's bullshit.

I'm pissed but either Velouria or Kaden would've been the best demote since Reinhardt...

Keaton's potential as a unit (slightly better Soleil who's a beast unit but can't run gimmicky c-disrupt firesweep) is far below theirs yet his special spiral b-skill made him safe.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
No demote? IS that's weak, wtf. Ultra weak. Nah that's not ok at all.

Well ... i'm not in the position to complain today. I had insane luck. ~100 saved F2P orbs gave me 2 Idunn and one Sue, the second Idunn and Sue were literally on the same pull with a single green and red orb and done with my last orbs. Sue even is +Atk / -Def and Idunn One is +Def / -Spd (holy crap) and Idunn Two +Def / -Atk ... that one is either a merge or fodder for Fortress Def/Res, guess the latter.

Maaaaaan IS, no demote is suuuuuuuuuuuuuper weak. I gave premium skills to Velouria, i need a realistic chance to +10 her now. Ok i have to complain.

E:

OMG the Three Houses cover ... who gave the ok to that? I'm not a artist, graphic designer or even have the slightest graphical skills, but even i see that this is wrong.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Lol. Hypothesis: They only demoted reyson because they inherently think units from pre awakening games are less valuable. I presume someone will be demoted from the current banner too.

That really doesn't explain Nowi and ATiki being 4* units from begin on. Also Panne as the GHB.

Still, if only Laguz units will be future 3* -4* or 4* - 5* beasts, this will plain suck.

And honestly, neither Thea and Lugh have business staying 5*. Idunn will never drop (prove me wrong IS) and Sue is not only a cav archer, but a colored cav archer. She could literally come with only her weapon, Maskcina style, and would still stay 5*.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yahoo! Got an Idunn after only 25 orbs. +Res -Def, which is okay i guess, would have preferred a different flaw. Guess i'll have to try and get a second for a merge, good thing i got a whole 32 days to save up orbs to do it.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Just had another successful def in AR ... but you know what? I wish this would've been a loss.

Why, you ask? Because my team beat 3 attackers, but the player ran out of time and lost due to the 7 turn limit. A def loss would've just been -20 Lift and locked me out of losing any further Lift until tomorrow. ^^

That's better than the uncertainty of getting another loss with more or even full Lift reduction.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Still, if only Laguz units will be future 3* -4* or 4* - 5* beasts, this will plain suck.

It seems unlikely if we get a demote round in April that units that have only been in the general 5* pool for a month or two to be included in it, and aren't practically all the remaining (non-dragon) beasts laguz anyway? You have one more rabbit person from awakening, and the the rest of the potential beasts are all laguz anyway.

We probably stuck with reyson and maybe one more laguz if we get another banner for at least a year either way.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It seems unlikely if we get a demote round in April that units that have only been in the general 5* pool for a month or two to be included in it, and aren't practically all the remaining (non-dragon) beasts laguz anyway? You have one more rabbit person from awakening, and the the rest of the potential beasts are all laguz anyway.

We probably stuck with reyson and maybe one more laguz if we get another banner for at least a year either way.

Yeah, Fateswakening only has Yarne left. In theory, they could make a FMorgan alt, since MRobin could marry Panne. Same goes for Kana (m/f) regarding Wolfskin / Kitsune, with either Keaton, Velouria or Kaden, Selkie as the partner for Corrin, and Shigure since Azura could marry either Keaton or Kaden.

Though, FMorgan can also be a Manakete with Nowi / Nah / Tiki as the mother.

If a mass demotion just drops all of the remaining gen 1 and some of the gen 2 units, i would be satisfied. Gen 3 won't be part of a mass demotion until 2020 earliest.

And a whooping 3 available at 4* right now, with even just one summonable, just sucks. For a new unit type at least. Launch had at least a Manakete for each color save colorless. Beasts should be the same. Hopefully there's going to be one red and a blue beast in the 4* pool in the near future, after that they're free to keep whatever beast 5* exclusive.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for DP, but fuck this AR matchmaking shit.

Lost my last Escape Ladder charge to a team that's basically a hard counter for most of my units used in the raid teams and after that another fucking counter team. I'd certainly like to know how an unbuffed, unmerged Aversa can fucking beat my two full health Eirs without debuffs and full one level fortress difference buffs. An no, it wasn't special triggering, since that Aversa didn't have a special. Both had 38 Res after all ... and she couldn't even double WTF?

Only 120 Lift, and of course, wasn't able to get the Lift buildings .... man if this shit continues i'm going to miss the threshold literally by a few points or due to defense Lift loss.

Last edited:

Varjet

Oct 27, 2017
So, that's my fourth Gray. I've only spent eight orbs and I still feel ripped off.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for DP, but fuck this AR matchmaking shit.

Lost my last Escape Ladder charge to a team that's basically a hard counter for most of my units used in the raid teams and after that another fucking counter team. I'd certainly like to know how an unbuffed, unmerged Aversa can fucking beat my two full health Eirs without debuffs and full one level fortress difference buffs. An no, it wasn't special triggering, since that Aversa didn't have a special. Both had 38 Res after all ... and she couldn't even double WTF?

Only 120 Lift, and of course, wasn't able to get the Lift buildings .... man if this shit continues i'm going to miss the threshold literally by a few points or due to defense Lift loss.
What tier are you at? Just curious.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Sniping all the reb orbs I can while I get the discount via summon tickets and it's nothing but Raighs.

Colourless hell has been overtaken, but guess I'm done with the banner now.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Hypothesis: They only demoted reyson because they inherently think units from non fates games are less valuable. I presume someone will be demoted from the current banner too.
FTFY
Maeda, FEH director, has clear bias towards Fates and it is shown by being the only game with banners without demotes

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man this is a lucky banner for me. The tickets gave me a Lugh, -Res / +Def but oh well won't really use him so it's fine, and another Sue on a pull with 2 green orbs where the third ticket was used on the other.

Btw. just noticed the banner runs for more than 30 days? Is that an error?

FTFY
Maeda, FEH director, has clear bias towards Fates and it is shown by being the only game with banners without demotes

Nah, we also had Fates demotes, but in this case, it's annoyingly obvious that something went awry. Dunno if it's the gen 3 infantry BST boost or their ranking in CYL3, or really the "lackluster" but still premium skills on Velouria and Kaden. Can't be the movement type, Panne exists after all.

Bah i'm salty, i really wanted Velouria as a +10 project, colorless is super understocked for me.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing they want to make sure the pool is still bloated even when they demote older units here in a moth or so.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, we also had Fates demotes, but in this case, it's annoyingly obvious that something went awry. Dunno if it's the gen 3 infantry BST boost or their ranking in CYL3, or really the "lackluster" but still premium skills on Velouria and Kaden. Can't be the movement type, Panne exists after all.

Bah i'm salty, i really wanted Velouria as a +10 project, colorless is super understocked for me.

I would guess one of the main reasons Kaden didn't demote was because of his weapon. After releasing L!Roy recently and having L!Marth in the pool, they probably decided having some kind of doubler in the 4* pool was no good. Velouria is a little more puzzling using that logic, since they give out -2 cooldown refines like candy these days... It could be her colorless physical infantry typing they wanted to keep rare. The fact that both Kaden and Velouria are fairly popular characters played a role too.

But yeah, this still sucks. They would have been great additions to the 4* pool. :(

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man this is a lucky banner for me. The tickets gave me a Lugh, -Res / +Def but oh well won't really use him so it's fine, and another Sue on a pull with 2 green orbs where the third ticket was used on the other.

Btw. just noticed the banner runs for more than 30 days? Is that an error?

The last 2 Fates banners had no demotes.
And popularity shouldn't be an issue, we had top 50 characters dropping before like Soren in the first PoR banner or even Eirika
And like you said Panne is free and she is more popular than Kaden.

Oct 25, 2017
1 beast in the 4* pool. 2 Beasts in the grail pool. For non 5* options you get 2 blues and a colorless as options. Fucking dreadful.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Dont worry guys, Ranulf will have dreadful statline, no prf, and be a cav so there is your next beast demote

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
So no demotes from the last banner. 'Tis a huge bummer! Still the next one could get a demote; one of them doesn't even have an impressive skill set lol!

But at the very least, just beat my second abyssal map in Llyod. The choke point helps but that bow cavalier has nothing against Surtr with Brazen ATK/DEF seal. Even the red mage couldn't one shot him! Flying Nino took care of the rest, including her "big bro."

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
No demote? IS, you fuckers. Now what's the excuse? This banner didn't have "heroes" in its name and it wasn't anything special. There should be a huge mass demotion in April to compensate for this shit.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man i didn't notice that Idunn also has a superboon in Res. Good grief.

In the end, doesn't matter for me as +Def is the only usesable of my two ones, but what do you guys and gals think is the better boon? +Res or +Def?

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Man i didn't notice that Idunn also has a superboon in Res. Good grief.

In the end, doesn't matter for me as +Def is the only usesable of my two ones, but what do you guys and gals think is the better boon? +Res or +Def?

I mean with Fort Def/Res she sits at 48/44 with a Res boon which is... scary. And that's before Ward/Fortify or her weapon effect, and lets her hit Ploys on almsot all of the roster. That being said, 52/40 is equally as frightening with Bonfire/Ignis procs, but think it'd be a bit overkill if she's getting support from elsewhere.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Something that's bugging me. I wonder of IntSys only gives demotes for new heroes involving one game, and because the fates beast banner involved birthright and conquest, it's counted as two; three if you count Awakening via Panne.

But, yeah, I'm salty that the Fates banner didn't have a demote. Got five orbs of hot garbage too (Lonqu, Hana, A!Tiki, Laslow, and Roy).

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
No demote is bullshit, game has not been treating us kindly lately, between the flimsy Anniversary, removing orbs from different modes and now this? I am honestly expecting Thea to remain locked st 5 star.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Something that's bugging me. I wonder of IntSys only gives demotes for new heroes involving one game, and because the fates beast banner involved birthright and conquest, it's counted as two; three if you count Awakening via Panne.

But, yeah, I'm salty that the Fates banner didn't have a demote. Got five orbs of hot garbage too (Lonqu, Hana, A!Tiki, Laslow, and Roy).
The first banners were multiple games
There are no patterns, they just do things as they wish

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I wonder if Idunn will finally cause me to use my mystic boost fodder. Julia and Deirdre can't handle all the red dragons.

Why fodder your second Eir and not use her in AR? I converted her to a combat manual because I was an idiot thanks for asking.

I'll do some damage calculations later today to see how a close counter wargod's tome mystic boost Saias does against dragons. Atk/spd bond might be a good seal. 🤔

Edit: The moveset I had in mind (i.e. this one) isn't very good at handling Idunn. Hmm, I want to make a good Idunn counter within Jugdral emblem but so many of them are mages or have awful resistance. An owl tome might work, but I really really hate owl tomes. And blarblooms is gone for now whoops.

Last edited:

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
IS just loves hurting their goodwill for some reason. Dropping someone from this banner (or, dropping more heroes in general) won't hurt them much.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Free pull+Tickets got me a free Fallen Celica, bad IVs but thats Chill Speed, wont complain about free shit specially since I got something nice from the red hell and not a stupid Luke or Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.